1. #1
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 262,357
    Betpoints: 3190

    How Did You Guys End Up For The Week?? Are You Paying???

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  2. #2
    InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-09
    Posts: 23,990
    Betpoints: 526

    buried guey

    i will be paying a visit on tuesday

  3. #3
    BIGDAY
    cureangelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 41,808
    Betpoints: 359

    Up quite a bit surprisingly...

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015


  4. #4
    Smoke
    Daggles?
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-09-09
    Posts: 49,046
    Betpoints: 601

    No money to gamble

  5. #5
    InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-09
    Posts: 23,990
    Betpoints: 526

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Up quite a bit surprisingly...
    bigdayer were not fukkin here to read about your valentimes day with mmachicka

    unfukkinraal this guey

    no wonder he got fukkin banned
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY

  6. #6
    ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-27-10
    Posts: 7,561
    Betpoints: 1458

    Did all right in tennis, but I gave some of it back in NBA and college basketball.

    Basically broke even in soccer, and I didn't bet any Olympic events.

    Vamos Eastern Conference!

  7. #7
    killawookie
    I don't read replies
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-25-09
    Posts: 3,366
    Betpoints: 174

    Cashed out and already working towards the next

  8. #8
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,862
    Betpoints: 30

    Bad week.. Guess it a good thing I been doing well cause I gave bunch back coach why is it I can erase 2 weeks of winning days in two shitty days? Been doing this shit forever, I'm reasonably smart and still can't fix that shit!! Like dude says in heat.

    Michael Cheritto: Well ya know, for me, the action is the juice.

  9. #9
    killawookie
    I don't read replies
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-25-09
    Posts: 3,366
    Betpoints: 174

    Discipline isn't just about money management, it's being HUMBLE. You won for 2 weeks and probably forgot how to lose.

  10. #10
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 75,913
    Betpoints: 15212

    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Bad week.. Guess it a good thing I been doing well cause I gave bunch back coach why is it I can erase 2 weeks of winning days in two shitty days? Been doing this shit forever, I'm reasonably smart and still can't fix that shit!! Like dude says in heat.

    Michael Cheritto: Well ya know, for me, the action is the juice.
    That's what has always amazed me about gambling. I can grind out weeks of profit on end, but one or two shitty days finds a way to wipe almost all of it out. Oddly enough, I never go on heaters that can match the serious cold streaks.

    Either that, or my college football/basketball bets just piss away almost everything I win betting the pro game. Someday, Banker, you and I will get this shit figured out where I don't even bother betting college ball and just tail you there, and I'll return the favor with pro picks. Then we combine forces for MLB, and we'll both be set.

    Still can't believe I lost my three biggest bets this weekend (Tennessee, Loyola and Siena today). All three were unreal endings.

  11. #11
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,862
    Betpoints: 30

    Quote Originally Posted by killawookie View Post
    Discipline isn't just about money management, it's being HUMBLE. You won for 2 weeks and probably forgot how to lose.
    Na that ain't it.

    Been doing this shit a long time you won't ever hear me sounding like one of these kids that just got laid for the 1st time pounding my chest, shit taught me humility freakin 15 years ago.. Appriciate it but I wasn't really looking for a answer. I already know it was just clowning around. I'm terrible at money management and honestly dollar amounts don't matter it never enough, none of it real to me, it all bout the action..I'm way better now than I used to be but that mainly cause these days I gotta work for a living and "honest" work just doesn't pay enough to allow me the utter lack of respect for money that I used to enjoy...

  12. #12
    Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-07
    Posts: 9,632
    Betpoints: 2562

    up a few units....I love college hoops...one of my most profitable sports and can't wait for baseball to start as well!...I feast on totals!...

  13. #13
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 75,913
    Betpoints: 15212

    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Na that ain't it.

    Been doing this shit a long time you won't ever hear me sounding like one of these kids that just got laid for the 1st time pounding my chest, shit taught me humility freakin 15 years ago.. Appriciate it but I wasn't really looking for a answer. I already know it was just clowning around. I'm terrible at money management and honestly dollar amounts don't matter it never enough, none of it real to me, it all bout the action..I'm way better now than I used to be but that mainly cause these days I gotta work for a living and "honest" work just doesn't pay enough to allow me the utter lack of respect for money that I used to enjoy...
    Couldn't have said it better. You took the words right out of my mouth, line by line.

  14. #14
    InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-09
    Posts: 23,990
    Betpoints: 526

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    That's what has always amazed me about gambling. I can grind out weeks of profit on end, but one or two shitty days finds a way to wipe almost all of it out. Oddly enough, I never go on heaters that can match the serious cold streaks.

    Either that, or my college football/basketball bets just piss away almost everything I win betting the pro game. Someday, Banker, you and I will get this shit figured out where I don't even bother betting college ball and just tail you there, and I'll return the favor with pro picks. Then we combine forces for MLB, and we'll both be set.

    Still can't believe I lost my three biggest bets this weekend (Tennessee, Loyola and Siena today). All three were unreal endings.
    best thing that ever happened to me is that i wised up and stopped betting nfl games

    i fukkin suck at nfl and always have

    usually do well with college....and did very well this year

    its amazing what happens when you pay attention!

  15. #15
    ScurvyPirate
    ScurvyPirate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-15-11
    Posts: 369
    Betpoints: 2194

    Down

    Way down

    Way fukkin down

    Actually can't remember the last fortunate win!! Am on a brutal stretch of awful beats. Gonna try to hang it up until bases. GL all

  16. #16
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 36,521

    5-2 on this weekend... broke even during the week

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/30/2005


  17. #17
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 75,913
    Betpoints: 15212

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    best thing that ever happened to me is that i wised up and stopped betting nfl games

    i fukkin suck at nfl and always have

    usually do well with college....and did very well this year

    its amazing what happens when you pay attention!
    Yeah, most people wind up getting eaten alive by pro ball and making up for it in college. I've always been the exact opposite for whatever reason. Maybe it's because "gift" lines like Notre Dame and Canisius today or Mizzou yesterday wind up being just that more often than not. I somehow always find a way to wind up on the wrong end of horrific beats in college football and basketball both (like Georgia vs. Auburn, for instance). Somehow I gravitate to those games.

  18. #18
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,862
    Betpoints: 30

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    That's what has always amazed me about gambling. I can grind out weeks of profit on end, but one or two shitty days finds a way to wipe almost all of it out. Oddly enough, I never go on heaters that can match the serious cold streaks.

    Either that, or my college football/basketball bets just piss away almost everything I win betting the pro game. Someday, Banker, you and I will get this shit figured out where I don't even bother betting college ball and just tail you there, and I'll return the favor with pro picks. Then we combine forces for MLB, and we'll both be set.

    Still can't believe I lost my three biggest bets this weekend (Tennessee, Loyola and Siena today). All three were unreal endings.
    My biggest thing is I can't really vary my bet size much. Never could. I can hit at a high enough clip and if I stick to flat betting I do aight at times but if ya make me tell u my favorite of the bunch it inevitable that one a freaking loser. I'm jealous as shit of friends I know that couldn't hold my jock with volume but they nail the 1s they go big on while my ass turns into a 30% capper when I decide to go hard, shit crazy. always been that way and what can I say it fun swinging for the fences sometimes, biggest problem is when I swing and miss I want my other 2 strikes! Like yea I loved vols too so I went hard on that game and we know how that went, so I mean ok no biggie I pretty much expect it to happen but then I don't wanna go back and cap games for 3 days to get that back so I randomly swing a little harder at something else, that would be nova today, lol. Not like I felt any stronger bout them than wiscy, johnnies, or bufs but that the game I decided on, at least I didn't get robbed there, I deserved that loss. Lol
    Points Awarded:

    face gave 2daBank 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  19. #19
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 36,521

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

    I somehow always find a way to wind up on the wrong end of horrific beats in college football and basketball both (like Georgia vs. Auburn, for instance). Somehow I gravitate to those games.

    Am NOT j/k or picking at you...

    But you gotta think of those games as JUST ANOTHER GAME and put them behind you...

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/30/2005


  20. #20
    Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-11
    Posts: 12,591
    Betpoints: 1781

    Won 670 on Monday. Proceeded to give 590 of it back the rest of the week

  21. #21
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 75,913
    Betpoints: 15212

    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    My biggest thing is I can't really vary my bet size much. Never could. I can hit at a high enough clip and if I stick to flat betting I do aight at times but if ya make me tell u my favorite of the bunch it inevitable that one a freaking loser. I'm jealous as shit of friends I know that couldn't hold my jock with volume but they nail the 1s they go big on while my ass turns into a 30% capper when I decide to go hard, shit crazy. always been that way and what can I say it fun swinging for the fences sometimes, biggest problem is when I swing and miss I want my other 2 strikes! Like yea I loved vols too so I went hard on that game and we know how that went, so I mean ok no biggie I pretty much expect it to happen but then I don't wanna go back and cap games for 3 days to get that back so I randomly swing a little harder at something else, that would be nova today, lol. Not like I felt any stronger bout them than wiscy, johnnies, or bufs but that the game I decided on, at least I didn't get robbed there, I deserved that loss. Lol
    Yep. Again, same here.

  22. #22
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,862
    Betpoints: 30

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    up a few units....I love college hoops...one of my most profitable sports and can't wait for baseball to start as well!...I feast on totals!...
    College hoops my fav for sure.. I generally end the year in ok shape just went degen this weekend and upped my normal bets on couple games and missed. Not end of the world. Actually won more on draftstreet last week than I lost on those. Just scolding myself out loud cause I know better than to stray from flat betting..

  23. #23
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 75,913
    Betpoints: 15212

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Am NOT j/k or picking at you...

    But you gotta think of those games as JUST ANOTHER GAME and put them behind you...
    Easier said than done. That loss (and having Northwestern with the points vs. Ohio State earlier in the season) are games you just remember and always will. There are bad beats, and then there are those. If you had either -- let alone both -- you wouldn't just remember those as "just another game," even if you tried. Especially when they were bigger plays than normal, which both were for me.

  24. #24
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 36,521

    But without adopting (learning) that attitude of 'Just another game' is the reason we go on tilt - we take those losses 'personal' which is dangerous

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/30/2005


  25. #25
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,862
    Betpoints: 30

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Am NOT j/k or picking at you...

    But you gotta think of those games as JUST ANOTHER GAME and put them behind you...
    And that exactly why I try and stick to not exactly flat betting but close enough. I say it all the time, however the gm goes down or turns out I'd mAke same play again and the good and bad even themselves out.. Problem is when I get bored and want enough on something to feel it cause then I'm making it more than the "just " another gm it should be..,I think nc lets those eat at him more than I do,, I've fukked up so many things in life catching a bad break when I go degen doesn't seem like all that big of a deal..I just chalk it up to that life and move on

  26. #26
    Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-07
    Posts: 9,632
    Betpoints: 2562

    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    College hoops my fav for sure.. I generally end the year in ok shape just went degen this weekend and upped my normal bets on couple games and missed. Not end of the world. Actually won more on draftstreet last week than I lost on those. Just scolding myself out loud cause I know better than to stray from flat betting..
    I hear ya 2dabank!...yeah, NFL and college football were a little rough for me this year as well and I normally do good in both...did have Seattle (+2) and Seahawks ML in the superbowl, so that kind of bailed me out...I think the reason why we do well in college hoops is because there are so many games each and every night, no way in hell Vegas and offshore books are going to get a sharp line on every game...you can literally cherry pick all season long!...

  27. #27
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 75,913
    Betpoints: 15212

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    But without adopting (learning) that attitude of 'Just another game' is the reason we go on tilt - we take those losses 'personal' which is dangerous
    Well unless you're a cyborg it's pretty damn hard to just flush games like those from your memory bank (unless they were just small plays). Again, I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying in theory, but who in the hell could lose multi-unit plays in that kind of fashion (either example) and just react by saying "oh well, just another game."

  28. #28
    tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-31-10
    Posts: 19,987
    Betpoints: 1057

    Collecting

  29. #29
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 75,913
    Betpoints: 15212

    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I think nc lets those eat at him more than I do,, I've fukked up so many things in life catching a bad break when I go degen doesn't seem like all that big of a deal..I just chalk it up to that life and move on
    I do get pissed when I put the leg work in on a game, have it pegged, then some fluke shit fvcks it all up. Absolutely. If I was just chucking darts instead of actually taking the time to handicap games, maybe I wouldn't take it personally.

    Probably why I could never bet anything more than recreationally/chump change -- because if we were all honest about it, gambling is way too random by in large and pretty much a -EV practice to begin with. I still say the only way to win big in this game is to go quality over quantity, but I don't have the personality, the temperament or the patience for that, so I guess I'm stuck. It's OK -- I'm up way more than I'm down the last two-plus years, which is more than a lot of people can say -- but by being a volume bettor, I'm putting myself in position to get railroaded more than just occasionally. And that's what really sucks about this game -- having the right side/team and getting beat anyway.

  30. #30
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 36,521

    Just saying what Sammy believes to be true... No cyborg here , have had my share of degeneracy

    MM is a major part too... If losing whatever % of BR will put us on tilt then we are betting too much

    See it all the time... poster sends 200 off then his 1st bet is 110/100

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/30/2005


  31. #31
    Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-11
    Posts: 12,591
    Betpoints: 1781

    I actually disagree with the whole idea that you have to be emotionless in gambling. I go on mad cursing rants against players, coaches, refs, all the time and yet I haven't placed a "tilt" bet in nearly a year (since last May). Sometimes it helps to let steam out

  32. #32
    paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-07-09
    Posts: 61,338
    Betpoints: 553

    Bad week gambling. Bad week casino.

    Savin Lives
    Like a Fuggin
    BOSS 2/13/2016


  33. #33
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 36,521

    Seto , whatever keeps you from going on tilt
    Points Awarded:

    Seto gave Sam Odom 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/30/2005


  34. #34
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 75,913
    Betpoints: 15212

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Just saying what Sammy believes to be true... No cyborg here , have had my share of degeneracy

    MM is a major part too... If losing whatever % of BR will put us on tilt then we are betting too much

    See it all the time... poster sends 200 off then his 1st bet is 110/100
    That's because no one wants to deposit $200 and then make bets at 1-3% of their bankroll (i.e., 2 to 6 bucks). Very, very hard to show that kind of discipline.

    Look, I'm a $20 per unit bettor, which means typically my plays average out to be about $50 per game. At the same time, though, I make so many plays that I actually put well into six figures into play last year. That's a scary proposition for a guy like me who bets strictly on disposable income (between my wife and I, we're comfortably making six figures). You take a step back, though, when you realize how deep this game's got you, and how much you have in play over the course of a calendar year. At least I do. But that's how I justify the risk -- by spreading it out over the course of literally thousands of games.

    Do I believe it's the best way to make a profit? No, I don't. But again, I feel much better about putting $50 on a bunch of games than picking one and going for $500 on a given night. Because I'm like Banker in that when I do that, the one game I choose to go big on oftentimes inevitably becomes that Georgia/Auburn or Northwestern/Ohio State type ending. So technically my "money management" has always been sound. After all, I've never had more than $700 on a single bet. Yet I still don't believe in my own strategy as the best way to make money doing this. Sounds fvcked up, but I'm also doing it for fun -- not to put food on the table.

  35. #35
    James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-03-13
    Posts: 2,049
    Betpoints: 960

    Good week, nothing spectacular. Plus 3 units

12 Last
Top