Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

That's because no one wants to deposit $200 and then make bets at 1-3% of their bankroll (i.e., 2 to 6 bucks). Very, very hard to show that kind of discipline.

And where does that get them... ?

It gets them posting on the forum that they are blacklisted from W...U for sending too many 200.00 W...U out so how do I deposit

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Well unless you're a cyborg it's pretty damn hard to just flush games like those from your memory bank (unless they were just small plays). Again, I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying in theory, but who in the hell could lose multi-unit plays in that kind of fashion (either example) and just react by saying "oh well, just another game."
    I'm pretty good at it.. Of coarse I also sat handcuffed in Mississippi while some sack of shit inbread cop illeagaly searched my vehicle and cracked jokes at the bitch after he found what he found thinking no way that shit was gonna stick in court. That went to a holding cell with no phone or shower for 3 days while new douchebag cops came expecting me to "help myself" to then being held another 6 months w/o bail to then sitting in court w my 30k lawyer listen to this bitch judge basically shred the constitution in front if my face then to either take a plea of 10 fukkin yrs for weed cause if I went thru w trial they were gonna stick intent on it which would make it manditory 85% on a 10 to 30. Or take it up the ass and pleA and "only" do 30 months and be on parole for fukkin rest of my life (actually done in November), oh yea and they fined me 10k, obviously didn't give me my 25k of weed back, 10% of my 100k bond when they finally gave me one Ill never see and oh yea basically ending a career and life I was quite fond of.. So yea like Sammy saying, fuk it, it just another game, in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't mean shit and certainly how it loses really doesn't matter..in the end win or lose it only money, rolling the dice what it all about..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    I actually disagree with the whole idea that you have to be emotionless in gambling. I go on mad cursing rants against players, coaches, refs, all the time and yet I haven't placed a "tilt" bet in nearly a year (since last May). Sometimes it helps to let steam out
    I do that when it in progress, hell that half the fun. Once it over tho I drop it and move on, worst things can happen than a bad beat or whatever and usually do.. My wife says I have some kinda emofional detachment disorder or whatever. She prob right cause I seriously don't care that I have it, lol..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I'm pretty good at it.. Of coarse I also sat handcuffed in Mississippi while some sack of shit inbread cop illeagaly searched my vehicle and cracked jokes at the bitch after he found what he found thinking no way that shit was gonna stick in court. That went to a holding cell with no phone or shower for 3 days while new douchebag cops came expecting me to "help myself" to then being held another 6 months w/o bail to then sitting in court w my 30k lawyer listen to this bitch judge basically shred the constitution in front if my face then to either take a plea of 10 fukkin yrs for weed cause if I went thru w trial they were gonna stick intent on it which would make it manditory 85% on a 10 to 30. Or take it up the ass and pleA and "only" do 30 months and be on parole for fukkin rest of my life (actually done in November), oh yea and they fined me 10k, obviously didn't give me my 25k of weed back, 10% of my 100k bond when they finally gave me one Ill never see and oh yea basically ending a career and life I was quite fond of.. So yea like Sammy saying, fuk it, it just another game, in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't mean shit and certainly how it loses really doesn't matter..in the end win or lose it only money, rolling the dice what it all about..
    Yeah, I'm not even going to pretend I know what you went through Banker. I know your story and I'm going to be honest, I can't even remotely relate to what that was like. I can, though, say that if I had all of that shit happen to me, I'd probably be much better about finding a more proper perspective when it comes to bad beats and gambling results. So I get what you're saying.

If I'm ever in the Lou, I want to look you up. You're one of the few cats from SBR I'd like to meet in person someday.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

2da... it is a catch22

If you don't care you have the disorder , you must have it

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    And where does that get them... ?

It gets them posting on the forum that they are blacklisted from W...U for sending too many 200.00 W...U out so how do I deposit
    Again, you're right in theory. And I doubt many people would disagree with you that sticking with a 1-3% bet is the right thing to do whether you start with $200 or $20,000. But most look for the quick fixes, easy angles, fast money, etc. It's not their inability to pick winners, but they're inability to "build" a bankroll vs. trying to just snap their finger, double down a few times and get rich quick.

To be honest, I feel like oddsmakers in this "new" era of information and technology have adjusted accordingly. They know sharp bettors are looking to read the lines and movement, get the best number, beat the closing line, etc., while square bettors are all just going to find a way to blow it anyway on a parlay or whatever. I honestly believe that's what is happening with the modern age of gambling -- because we all have so much information at our disposal, the books are looking for different angles to profit long term. That's why you see more popular, or "public," bets cash these days than ever before -- you think it means that your Average Joe is winning more and that the sharps are the ones who are struggling (for instance, LT Profits talks all the time about how well he'd been doing in almost every sport up until recently), but books know that even if a guy like Brock wins 75% of his shitty, high-juice ML bets, he'll give it all back and then some the other 25% of the time. So they're working their angles on both ends.

At least, that's the way I picture it in my mind as the oddsmakers' counter to RLM and all of this inside info hitting the mainstream. If that's the case, it's been a genius move. If not, seems like a hell of a coincidence to me.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

No coin I can't read pal

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    2da... it is a catch22

If you don't care you have the disorder , you must have it
    Oh I'm sure I have some version of several "disorders" or whatever, I prefer to call it personality. Clearly something wrong with me tho cause I think NC just took that stuff I said harder than I did when it was happening, honestly wasn't that big of deal to me (only thing that really bothered me was hard on my wife and mom, felt little bad bout that)..funny thing is that was like a serious bad beat, I mean I always expected I'd prob do some time at some point cause back in the day we moved some real weight, lot of my friends got federally fukked and I mean it comes w the territory I knew what I signed up for and had no problem with it, but the way it went down for me was some random assown hillbilly in a fukked up state decides to pull me over and finds what was very little from my point of view and just cause circumstances and where I was what woulda prob been slap on the wrist most places I got hosed, that a bad beat!! Lol

SubjectMatterExp
    SubjectMatterExp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 995

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  29.1 KB

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Oh I'm sure I have some version of several "disorders" or whatever, I prefer to call it personality. Clearly something wrong with me tho cause I think NC just took that stuff I said harder than I did when it was happening, honestly wasn't that big of deal to me, funny thing is that was like a serious bad beat, I mean I always expected I'd prob do some time at some point cause back in the day we moved some real weight, lot of my friends got federally fukked and I mean it comes w the territory I knew what I signed up for and had no problem with it, but the way it went down for me was some random assown hillbilly in a fukked up state decides to pull me over and finds what was very little from my point of view and just cause circumstances and where I was what woulda prob been slap on the wrist most places I got hosed, that a bad beat!! Lol
    I don't feel bad for the fact that you got busted -- it was the way that it went down and how much bullshit transpired after the fact. That's always been the part of your story that has caught my attention.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Lost 47 in a row

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Sellweed stop it...stop lying

2daBank

I don't feel bad for the fact that you got busted -- it was the way that it went down and how much bullshit transpired after the fact. That's always been the part of your story that has caught my attention.
    Oh I know that what I'm saying. That was worst beat I've taken by long shot, lol... Really I do agree w Sammy if only cause Dwelling on anything shitty sux, who needs that? way I see it is whatever it is it happened, it over, coulda been worse, you still here and who knows how long that will be for so I'm not letting a bad beat take anything more than what it can and that what I bet, it can't have any of my time after the fact.. If u don't get to stl by next summer I will be in michigan, my mom from there and been wanting to take little vacation to lake but I got the whole can't leave state deal that be over end of this year!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Oh I know that what I'm saying. That was worst beat I've taken by long shot, lol... Really I do agree w Sammy if only cause Dwelling on anything shitty sux, who needs that? way I see it is whatever it is it happened, it over, coulda been worse, you still here and who knows how long that will be for so I'm not letting a bad beat take anything more than what it can and that what I bet, it can't have any of my time after the fact.. If u don't get to stl by next summer I will be in michigan, my mom from there and been wanting to take little vacation to lake but I got the whole can't leave state deal that be over end of this year!
    Keep me posted. Actually in Ohio now, but get back to MI quite often.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

I do that when it in progress, hell that half the fun. Once it over tho I drop it and move on, worst things can happen than a bad beat or whatever and usually do.. My wife says I have some kinda emofional detachment disorder or whatever. She prob right cause I seriously don't care that I have it, lol..
    Oh yeah - agreed there. I mean on a bad beat or some shit it can stretch to a 24-48 hour period when I'm mad but then I forget about it.

Of course there are 1 or 2 beats a year you just don't forget.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Again, you're right in theory. And I doubt many people would disagree with you that sticking with a 1-3% bet is the right thing to do whether you start with $200 or $20,000. But most look for the quick fixes, easy angles, fast money, etc. It's not their inability to pick winners, but they're inability to "build" a bankroll vs. trying to just snap their finger, double down a few times and get rich quick.

To be honest, I feel like oddsmakers in this "new" era of information and technology have adjusted accordingly. They know sharp bettors are looking to read the lines and movement, get the best number, beat the closing line, etc., while square bettors are all just going to find a way to blow it anyway on a parlay or whatever. I honestly believe that's what is happening with the modern age of gambling -- because we all have so much information at our disposal, the books are looking for different angles to profit long term. That's why you see more popular, or "public," bets cash these days than ever before -- you think it means that your Average Joe is winning more and that the sharps are the ones who are struggling (for instance, LT Profits talks all the time about how well he'd been doing in almost every sport up until recently), but books know that even if a guy like Brock wins 75% of his shitty, high-juice ML bets, he'll give it all back and then some the other 25% of the time. So they're working their angles on both ends.

At least, that's the way I picture it in my mind as the oddsmakers' counter to RLM and all of this inside info hitting the mainstream. If that's the case, it's been a genius move. If not, seems like a hell of a coincidence to me.
    Good read. That would be sick if true. So much we don't know.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Seaweed good one

Mondays always important to get into the blue

If you lose on Monday great chance your even or down by end of the week

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

JJ set me up with a shark here in Detroit

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    JJ set me up with a shark here in Detroit

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Paco Sharks in Detroit are real trouble

Most are black guys that put up with no shit

I might be able to get you 10 grand but you have to pay $300 a week interest

These guys expect money every Friday by 11:00AM and most huddle around Ford Field area

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

JJ...your buddy The French soccer savant -Mya321
    had both Olympique and Monaco

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Good read. That would be sick if true. So much we don't know.
    I wouldn't doubt if some of it is. Again, books have to get creative now that everyone -- for all intents and purposes -- has the same information and basically shares the same lines. Why not take $$$ from the "sharper" bettors and concentrate on setting up false moves and numbers for them, knowing full well that Joe Public is just going to piss away his winnings long-term anyway? At least, that's how I'd approach it.

First 12