pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Where are you from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    17$? Really? Where are you from. I'm on the fence as to whether or not minimum wage requirement's are good or bad in the real world & not in a University class room.
    Aussie, aussie, aussie!

I'm guessing those are Australian dollars.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32788

17$? Really? Where are you from. I'm on the fence as to whether or not minimum wage requirement's are good or bad in the real world & not in a University class room.
    Probably Austrtalia, it's like 15 bucks there

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Here is the deal Costco finds a way to pay their employee's almost twice what the scum at Walmart do. Walmart (Sams club)and their multi billionaire greedy family say they can't raise wages cause prices will go up but somehow Costsco can find a way to do it with the same prices. Same with In and Out Burgers. They pay twice what McDonalds pays but somehow can survive. This is all about greed and how the greedy fool enuf idiots to keep them greedy. These same nitwits they fool like Brooks and Dwight, won't create a fuking job in their pathetic lives or have anything to do with minimum wage payments, yet somehow fight to keep minimum wage down because all they know is to run with Fox nitwit news talking points that most likely are even against their best interest.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    If you think the people in LA should represent the thoughts of this country then we will never see eye to eye. I think some of the dumbest people in the world live in California - there is a reason a lot of large corporations have exited CA as a headquarters and its not because of how smart people are out there!! You also don't know anything about me, but just to give you a little insight, I make a smidgen over piss. I would count myself among the more educated and wealthy on this site (not saying much I know), so I am a republican for a reason but a very middle of the road republican because I come from a family that didn't have much and understand the value of making for a prosperous middle class as well.
    i have no problem with middle of the road republicans, wish there was more of ya's cause things would get done.. What i have a problem with is the greedy thieves of the Republican party who look out for their top 1 percent while shitting on all the rest.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Minimum wage where I'm from is over $17 an hour yet we have 4 states that are consistently ranked top 10 in the world...

Yeah, you make about as much sense as a diabetic eating a cheesecake....
    lol ranked top in what and by who?

Regardless you're showing your education level by comparing what one country does so it makes sense for another. Great argument.
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-13-14 at 12:07 PM.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Right. You would have to read Thor's post to get the meaning of mine.

As far as raising the minimum wage, do you think employers hire more or less when the min wage is raised? And with the Obama Care tax about to kick in, the largest tax increase in history, do you think businesses will be excited to pay a higher min wage + Obama Care tax or less excited?
    If the demand is there employers would be thrilled to hire at that piss ten dollar rate. Stop it with the hiring has to do with wages nonsense. If u have no business u can't hire people for two dollars an hour.

brooks85

Probably Austrtalia, it's like 15 bucks there
    yea, which is why everything cost more. I should know, was just there last April.

On top of that, their min wage works in tiers. So a 16 year old doesn't qualify for the same minimum wage as a 21 year old.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    If the demand is there employers would be thrilled to hire at that piss ten dollar rate. Stop it with the hiring has to do with wages nonsense. If u have no business u can't hire people for two dollars an hour.
    lol i knew this idiot ignored me. Typical liberal, when faced with facts just ignore them. So anyone who agrees with what Thor says, what does that say about you?

In other words, you don't have a clue what you're talking about if you think raising min wage is a good thing.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

i have no problem with middle of the road republicans, wish there was more of ya's cause things would get done.. What i have a problem with is the greedy thieves of the Republican party who look out for their top 1 percent while shitting on all the rest.
    Do you have a problem with hollywood liberals who carry your position and make more money than the majority of executives and several CEO's of companies yet charge the masses crazy prices for their brands or films/concerts?

Wages should not be a political ideology is the point, salary and wages are a COST, nothing more. You're compensated for the value you bring to a particular job. You mistake 'greed' through revenues and profits but don't see the way wages are calculated Thor.

Just to help you out a little more, the Costco business model is very different from that of Wal Mart. I'll have to check, but off top of my head WalMart should inventory around 3.5x the amount per location than Costco so the structure needs to be accounted for. You can't just generalize one hourly worker vs another without taking into account all aspects of an operation.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Minimum wage where I'm from is over $17 an hour yet we have 4 states that are consistently ranked top 10 in the world...

Yeah, you make about as much sense as a diabetic eating a cheesecake....

take a look at this list, see if you're intelligent enough to admit you're wrong. Have fun with your top "10" rankings

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-...ts-2013-6?op=1

USA's highest city is only 46th on the list. You can search this list over and over, results are always the same when it comes to USA cities.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Do you have a problem with hollywood liberals who carry your position and make more money than the majority of executives and several CEO's of companies yet charge the masses crazy prices for their brands or films/concerts?

Wages should not be a political ideology is the point, salary and wages are a COST, nothing more. You're compensated for the value you bring to a particular job. You mistake 'greed' through revenues and profits but don't see the way wages are calculated Thor.

Just to help you out a little more, the Costco business model is very different from that of Wal Mart. I'll have to check, but off top of my head WalMart should inventory around 3.5x the amount per location than Costco so the structure needs to be accounted for. You can't just generalize one hourly worker vs another without taking into account all aspects of an operation.

Exactly, the fact he would even compare costco to walmart shows he is just a sheep for the talking heads on TV. Walmart has one of the smallest profit margins in the world. Most people would probably think walmart could afford to raise minimum wage when in fact they mathematically can not unless you want prices to go up also. So anyone who compares costco to walmart is automatically telling you they are an idiot.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    take a look at this list, see if you're intelligent enough to admit you're wrong. Have fun with your top "10" rankings

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-...ts-2013-6?op=1

USA's highest city is only 46th on the list. You can search this list over and over, results are always the same when it comes to USA cities.
    Common guy. You are comparing it to eggs, soda and beer?

Off course eggs are more expensive in Angola. They are organic, cage free, and not genetically engineered and fed with antibiotics.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Exactly, the fact he would even compare costco to walmart shows he is just a sheep for the talking heads on TV. Walmart has one of the smallest profit margins in the world. Most people would probably think walmart could afford to raise minimum wage when in fact they mathematically can not unless you want prices to go up also. So anyone who compares costco to walmart is automatically telling you they are an idiot.
    Also he fails to bring up the membership fee Costco utilizes to offset losses on sales of certain goods. Just one of many other variables to consider that is always lost on the usual suspects.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Common guy. You are comparing it to eggs, soda and beer?

Off course eggs are more expensive in Angola. They are organic, cage free, and not genetically engineered and fed with antibiotics.
    Deodorant and mouthwash cost far more in sydney also, does that no count either?

Yes, that is how you compare cost of living unless you know another way. Let me guess you think they get "free healthcare." You can search the list anyway you want, the results always come out the same. The question is are you intelligent enough to put your pride aside and accept reality?

Thor4140

i don't have a problem with those Hollywood liberals. They help a lot of people. They feel fortunate and give like i do. I don't have to be the richest guy in the cemetery. I don't have a problem with rich people either but i do have a problem with rich people who's wealth was from shady illegal dealings. Like the Bush family and the scum of the earth Dick Cheney.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

Thor4140

Also he fails to bring up the membership fee Costco utilizes to offset losses on sales of certain goods. Just one of many other variables to consider that is always lost on the usual suspects.
    Im talking about Costco and Samsclub(walmart) To very similar business models which both charge membership fees not just one. They sell basically the same dam shit but one employer pays close to twice what the other does. A greedy fuk wants to pay back breaking wages so he can have as much money as he can because he has a nation of nitwits that lets him get away with it. This shit doesn't happen in Germany, France, Canada. Just here cause like i said before, some how, some way, the Republican party has fooled the absolute dumbest of the dumb to fight for billionaires rights while someday, lo,l they are gonna become a billionaire.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 02-13-14 at 12:42 PM.

brooks85

i don't have a problem with those Hollywood liberals. They help a lot of people. They feel fortunate and give like i do. I don't have to be the richest guy in the cemetery. I don't have a problem with rich people either but i do have a problem with rich people who's wealth was from shady illegal dealings. Like the Bush family and the scum of the earth Dick Cheney.
    Family guy has trained this kid well.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9858

Here is the deal Costco finds a way to pay their employee's almost twice what the scum at Walmart do. Walmart (Sams club)and their multi billionaire greedy family say they can't raise wages cause prices will go up but somehow Costsco can find a way to do it with the same prices. Same with In and Out Burgers. They pay twice what McDonalds pays but somehow can survive. This is all about greed and how the greedy fool enuf idiots to keep them greedy. These same nitwits they fool like Brooks and Dwight, won't create a fuking job in their pathetic lives or have anything to do with minimum wage payments, yet somehow fight to keep minimum wage down because all they know is to run with Fox nitwit news talking points that most likely are even against their best interest.
    I can honestly say I have never been to an In and Out or Costco in my life - not because I am opposed to them or anything like that - but neither are really anywhere near me. Between me and my closest Costco I bet there are 30 McDonalds and 2 WalMarts and no In and Out's. Why do so many more people open McDonalds franchises then In and Out? Or why are there more Walmarts than Costco's? It's because the owners of those franchise (McD) or Corporation (Wally) make enough money to open more of those.

So now what would you prefer - higher wages or more people employed (30 McD employs more than 1 In&Out)? You can be mad that these corporations make a lot of money - and they do - but they also get A LOT of customers - so until people only support those corporations that you feel pay their employees a fair wage (meaning you are comfortable paying more for the same thing you can get cheaper down the road), then there is no reason for them to change.

brooks85

Im talking about Costco and Samsclub(walmart) To very similar business models which both charge membership fees not just one. They sell basically the same dam shit but one employer pays close to twice what the other does.
    lol, unfortunately school wasn't as kind to him.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Im talking about Costco and Samsclub(walmart) To very similar business models which both charge membership fees not just one. They sell basically the same dam shit but one employer pays close to twice what the other does. A greedy fuk wants to pay back breaking wages so he can have as much money as he can because he has a nation of nitwits that lets him get away with it. This shit doesn't happen in Germany, France, Canada. Just here cause like i said before, some how, some way, the Republican party has fooled the absolute dumbest of the dumb to fight for billionaires rights while someday, lo,l they are gonna become a billionaire.

Has nothing to do with hoping to become a billionaire which is a very tiny slice of the population or business world. The talk of hiking wages keeps centering on the largest companies without accounting for the smaller company's costs. If you keep boxing yourself in by saying success is a minimum wage career then thats you, leave the rest of us to do a little better in life when we go out and make something more.

We've all held low wage jobs at some point in life but never expected to make $50k a year as an entry level worker. And I sure as hell didn't start a family until I was on track to be able to provide for them.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevenash, and DwightShrute

stevenash

Costco does it by charging a 55 dollar annual fee to all it's customers.
    Also Costco doesn't spend on advertising, Costco also doesn't spend on overhead, so Sinegal and Jelinek passes that money to his workers.
    Walmart is still the number 1 retailer and Walmart's profit margin is double Costco.

stevenash

You have an idiotic agenda against republicans.
    Democrats have had many chances to get a 15 dollar or so minimum wage, they chose not to, it's because the dems, repubs, and the indies with business sense know raising it to 15 would kill a lot of jobs.
    I'll say it one more time, if you raise the minimum wage, you are giving it to mainly to kids from parents who have money.

The 17 year old that wants a career in publishing will take a crap paying entry level paying fact checking job just to get entry level experience in publishing.

A 16 year old who wants a career in hotel management will be a crappy 7 dollar an hour bag boy in a top hotel just to get his foot in the hotel industry.

Those are the one's who have the minimum salary jobs well most of them, the ones who want to move up in their career path by getting exposure starting out at the very bottom.

Nobody takes a 7 dollar dishwashing job and says "this is what I want to do for the rest of my life"

I say this to make a point, not to stroke my e-penis, I am a data analyst, actually my title is I/T operations analyst.
    Computers is what I wanted to do since I was 13 or 14.

This is how I got my start, in college I took a crappy midnight to six am job decollating, breaking down, and stuffing computer reports in a computer room for a bank.

So boring, so tedious I wanted to bludgeon my temple in with a spade shovel.
    But that is what and where I wanted to be, getting exposure in a data center, getting my foot in the door.
    Know how much I made starting out?
    I was taking home 286 dollars every two weeks, working 30 hours a week.
    I was clearing 143 a week, working 30 hours, actually 25, had to take a lunch, non payed of course.
    Do the math pal, pretty much minimum wage.
    After nine months I was promoted to Jr. computer operator, long story short, I was making 60K in NYC after 3 years experience, not bad for a kid in his 20's in the mid 80's.
    I didn't get there because of affirmative action, or some federal wage mandate, I got there by taking a minimum wage crappy job to start out and get my foot in the door in the career I wanted.
    That is who has the bulk of the minimum jobs in this country, people who take them and use is as a springboard.

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

SBR JHON- DONT TELL ME U LIKE THAT BUSH CLOWN, he had more than a billion dollar surplus and was in debt trillions in a couple of years.

Bush is the major cause of the problem

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Costco does it by charging a 55 dollar annual fee to all it's customers.
    Also Costco doesn't spend on advertising, Costco also doesn't spend on overhead, so Sinegal and Jelinek passes that money to his workers.
    Walmart is still the number 1 retailer and Walmart's profit margin is double Costco.
    I pay for the executive member membership... And with the refund check they give me..the membership comes out free with extra cash for my chicken breasts

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I pay for the executive member membership... And with the refund check they give me..the membership comes out free with extra cash for my chicken breasts
    Plus these fuks keep dodging the question that Sams club charges its members also. King let me ask ya something. Why do these guys hate to see others make a little money? Are they bread this way? I bet everyone of them got their job cause they knew somebody. fighting to hope min wage doesn't hit that huge 10 dollar mark. Worried the so called job creators who basically create nothing unless there is demand for their product don't get hit to hard by this ten bucks. It is the same old story over an over again with these asshats. They want only a few making the money and the rest just beg.

Thor4140

you get car insurance thru them? i hear it is another great deal

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

It doesn't matter - you can raise minimum wage which just increases the cost of goods sold. As costs go up, so must prices. In the end, the "real wage" that people make won't change. They will be able to afford just as much as they could today, just will have more dollars to pay for the more dollars things cost. In the very short term while prices catch up, the minimum wage earner will have more spending power but that goes away after a few years and we are back to needing to increase it again.

Why are they the most powerless though? Most have "earned" that minimum wage job.........

Why are they the most powerless though? Most have "earned" that minimum wage job.........[/quote]

Exactly , it's just another ploy for redistribution of wealth. Its all about votes. Problem is creating wealth would do much more for america then redistribution of wealth. the people who generate wealth , generate jobs. We are starting to lose incentive to do well in life, why would we want to give away all that we have worked and sacrificed for? You can't say a small business owner doesn't deserve to make money. It is their money invested into the company and should be compensated well for that. People are paid commiserate with their skills and/ or how much revenue they generate for the company. If you want to make more money, make yourself valuable/irreplaceable. You don't just show up and expect to be paid well for an entry level low skill job. Like someone said earlier, let the market dictate the wages.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9195

You think the real Ron Paul wants countries to be war torn? How did you come to that conclusion? What evidence do you have? It's probably best if you stick with playing around with your guitar & leave the politic's to the grown up's.
    No, I don't it was sarcasm. But to say that a nation that hasn't had peace since Reagan was president is a libertarian paradise is misleading at best and a lie at worst.

stevenash

Plus these fuks keep dodging the question that Sams club charges its members also. King let me ask ya something. Why do these guys hate to see others make a little money? Are they bread this way? I bet everyone of them got their job cause they knew somebody. fighting to hope min wage doesn't hit that huge 10 dollar mark. Worried the so called job creators who basically create nothing unless there is demand for their product don't get hit to hard by this ten bucks. It is the same old story over an over again with these asshats. They want only a few making the money and the rest just beg.
    1) Don't care who charges club fees, don't shop at either one of them, I shop online and get better deals than any box store.

2) I'd like to see everyone make as much money as they can, but a gigantic minimum wage hike will drive the little man out of business, the mom and pop stores, or what is left of them will cease to exist. You want to make a gigantic minimum wage hike, apply it to the big boy corportations, leave the little independent mom and pop store owners alone.

3) "she was bred in Kentucky, but she's just a crumb up here"
    Asshat, there is no 'a' in bred the way you want to use it.

4) I got my start based on my school grades and my knowledge, I knew nobody at that bank when I first applied.
    It's what I knew, not who I blew pal.

5) I'm all for anybody and everybody getting theirs, I don't want anybody to beg, I don't want the president of the country to penalize me, and take from me what I earned and worked for and give it to some cradle to grave welfare shitbum just because some cradle to grave welfare shitbum is content on getting by on the government tit.

Unrelated, how's that Obamacare working out pal?
    You know, if you like your plan you can keep it.

That's OK, midterms in 8 months, it all ends then.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

1) Don't care who charges club fees, don't shop at either one of them, I shop online and get better deals than any box store.

2) I'd like to see everyone make as much money as they can, but a gigantic minimum wage hike will drive the little man out of business, the mom and pop stores, or what is left of them will cease to exist. You want to make a gigantic minimum wage hike, apply it to the big boy corportations, leave the little independent mom and pop store owners alone.

4) I got my start based on my school grades and my knowledge, I knew nobody at that bank when I first applied.

5) I'm all for anybody and everybody getting theirs, I don't want anybody to beg, I don't want the president of the country to penalize me, and take from me what I earned and worked for and give it to some cradle to grave welfare shitbum just because some cradle to grave welfare shitbum is content on getting by on the government tit.

Mr. Nash , but we are "covered"

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

You have chicken breasts? Wow!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Or "it'll save you $2,500 per year on premiums"....yet it's going up

Or "it'll cover 30 million people who never had insurance before".....we are now at more people uninsured BECAUSE of it than signed up

Or..."Republicans are 'anarchists, terrorists and hateful" to ask to delay mandates for a year"....then Obama decides to do it unilaterally

Or... "it's the law of the land we can;t change it now"...until he changes over two dozen issues with the bill to suit his own party.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

I honestly can't believe all the corporate zipper sniffers in this thread. Corporate profits are in the trillions and
    you guys want to give them more? What's in it for you? Reganomics gonna trickle down to ya? Stand in line with
    your tongues out to get a taste of that dribble?

You would rather give your hard earned money through the govt to give those people money to supplement their
    income than to give them a wage to live on? Where are your brains? You bitch about our deficit, but have no problem
    giving a working man hand outs?

I swear to god you zipper sniffers have screws loose sometimes.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9195

Or "it'll save you $2,500 per year on premiums"....yet it's going up

Or "it'll cover 30 million people who never had insurance before".....we are now at more people uninsured BECAUSE of it than signed up

Or..."Republicans are 'anarchists, terrorists and hateful" to ask to delay mandates for a year"....then Obama decides to do it unilaterally

Or... "it's the law of the land we can;t change it now"...until he changes over two dozen issues with the bill to suit his own party.
    Imagine how angry the left would be if a bank, or any large corporation for that matter, used those tactics to get more customers and profits.

stevenash

but i do have a problem with rich people who's wealth was from shady illegal dealings.
    Do you have a problem with the Kennedy family's wealth, which was accumulated from illegal bootlegging, stock market scams that included stock price manipulation and insider trading?

Do you have a problem with Harry Reid and his dirty dealings with 'green energy'?

Do you have a problem with Bill Clinton and the Dixie Mafia money, do you have a problem with Bill's brother and his cocaine dealings and his involvement with the Medelin cartel....

Dude, I can go all night about rich democrats and dirty money.

First 1234567 ... Last