Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

Sammy thinks I'm mexican

Central American , right ?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    LMFAO. NY and LA always go for the Dems. Progressive states. Now the rednicks backwards of the world even tho dirt poor, vote republican over and over again. The dumbest of the dumb. I understand people making 250 thou a year voting republican but guys like u who prolly make piss is what i can't understand.
    It is shocking to some liberals that there are actually hard working Americans who don't want a hand out. My father wouldn't dare take charity, he was a broke dik Republican who believed in hard work. I know its shocking....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    If you mean breaking laws then that is what the DOJ is for... if you mean some unwritten moral code then you must be asked - Do you want to pass laws based on YOUR moral code
    If wanting something that pertains to the greater good is a part of my "moral code" Then so be it.

Personally think it's sheer commonsense but I'm not your typical western monetary focused type.

Now run along and let the system continue to divulge itself from within whilst you do nothing but complain.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    It is shocking to some liberals that there are actually hard working Americans who don't want a hand out. My father wouldn't dare take charity, he was a broke dik Republican who believed in hard work. I know its shocking....
    I'm sure a loaf of bread wasn't 1.99 either...

Walker ur better than this..

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Increasing the minimum wage is not a handout. When the employees are happy business thrive.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Central American , right ?
    Yeah US funded death squads El Salvador... Sammy your walmart greeter break is over...

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Sammy works the 9am - 1pm shift

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Increasing the minimum wage is not a handout. When the employees are happy business thrive.
    Corporations are the ones getting handouts by paying cheap labor.. Just like founding fathers got handouts by having slaves...

European-Americans doing hard work

Sam Odom

Yeah US funded death squads El Salvador...

Like you know... Your biggest worry is dodging the gang bullets in LA

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Right. You would have to read Thor's post to get the meaning of mine.

As far as raising the minimum wage, do you think employers hire more or less when the min wage is raised? And with the Obama Care tax about to kick in, the largest tax increase in history, do you think businesses will be excited to pay a higher min wage + Obama Care tax or less excited?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Like you know... Your biggest worry is dodging the gang bullets in LA
    Of course I don't know... But my people did...

gang bullets.. It ain't the 90's old fart...

Sam Odom

Of course I don't know... But my people did...

You want reparation$

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Right. You would have to read Thor's post to get the meaning of mine.

As far as raising the minimum wage, do you think employers hire more or less when the min wage is raised? And with the Obama Care tax about to kick in, the largest tax increase in history, do you think businesses will be excited to pay a higher min wage + Obama Care tax or less excited?
    I think the minimum wage is increased proportional to the cost of living increase. My first ever job in the early 90's the minimum wage was $4.25 but the McDonald's Big Mac meal was $3.25 and gas was $1.11 per gallon. Now the Big Mac meal is $5.75 and gas is $3.11 per gallon. So increasing the minimum wage is not outrageous as you think.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Winner_13

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Minimum wage needs to be abolished. Let the marketplace set its own wage rates.
    All is fair in economics son. If you don't like it then you can move to a purely Libertarian paradise called Somalia. Somalia is as ruggedly individualistic as it gets. As far as letting the marketplace decide. Their is NO price discovery. There is NO free market. All market's are rigged. The LIBOR scandal is just the tip of the iceberg! We are at the stage of Monopoly Capitalism & Corporate WELFARE. You must understand that union's are part of Capitalism. Union's are part of any & every economy. Everyone fight's to get their's. That's all that is happening here with a raise in minimum wage.

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

America needs more white collar jobs.

SBR-JHON- people don't necessarily want handouts but they don't want menial jobs either.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Most employees are cutting jobs , benefits, wages, etc.
    They don't give a shit who's top performing. Just another number.

This is not sports where you get rewarded big for playing.

People get jobs because they know someone and suck the right dicks not for working. That's 99%, you are talking about 1% if that.

I can't name one person who got a job without knowing someone.

Why should a ceo make billions on company who losses millions each year just because his father was the previous owner. Yeah rewarding hard work.

Better to raise wages AND cut welfare almost to none. That would be more incentive.

Then you need to find a better class of friends.

(This is also why it pays to be friendly and nice to people. In the business world they call this "networking.")

So how about instead of bitching about why someone else won't give you and your friends a job you go start your own damned company and give you and your friends a job. Oh, you're not smart or talented enough to do that? Then shut the **** up and play your role. Unhappy with your role? Then shut the **** up and move somewhere else. Don't want to move somewhere else? Then keep complaining about it on the internet and continue to look stupid and go nowhere in life.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9388

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    If you don't like it then you can move to a purely Libertarian paradise called Somalia. Somalia is as ruggedly individualistic as it gets.
    It's also a war-torn nation that hasn't had peace in nearly 3 decades. Sounds just like what Ron Paul would want.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Thor , how would you redistribute the wealth ?
    U don't start wars for ur buddies gain, u don't give billion dollar handouts to oil and the pharmaceuticals companies. Now u have some money to put back into ur infrastructure. This creates jobs but more importantly creates buyers aka demand. What is funny is i know a guy on hard times and he tried to get a little help. It isn't easy getting help. Guys think ya just get in line and get a handout. There is a process and it isn't easy to get those handouts. Around here u think people just make a call and get a check while of course forgetting the big handouts go to the most least deserving.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

U don't start wars for ur buddies gain, u don't give billion dollar handouts to oil and the pharmaceuticals companies. Now u have some money to put back into ur infrastructure. This creates jobs but more importantly creates buyers aka demand. What is funny is i know a guy on hard times and he tried to get a little help. It isn't easy getting help. Guys think ya just get in line and get a handout. There is a process and it isn't easy to get those handouts. Around here u think people just make a call and get a check while of course forgetting the big handouts go to the most least deserving.

Yeah it's called green energy you dumb penetrate.

More handouts to green energy under Obama than Oil/Gas has received in over 50+ years COMBINED. But, of course, we both know I've told you this many times. You're just a liberal so until some cartoon show like MSNBC or Family Guy tells you, you won't accept it.

brooks85

all you penetrating idiots who think raising min wage is a good idea should move to France. Have you heard about their new millionaire tax? probably make you liberals cream your pants that you bought from those big evil corporations you despise so much

Thor4140

Loved it when I was washing dishes. But raising the min wage when you have so many unemployed and a major tax bill about to be crammed down the throat of business(Obama Care), is crazy.
    John u keep spurting this nonsense about the biggest tax increase in history. Is this on par with the other silly shit u say (Keystone pipeline creating millions of jobs lol etc..)over and over and people prove u wrong? Is this what Fox news keeps pounding on ur television set? Is the increase the part about paying a fine if u don't want health care? U are aware this was a Republican idea which the black man used until they started undermineded his health care plan. A plan which most every other nation has for there people. Unfortunately guys like u get pissed off if another guy has healthcare. Bizarre to say the least.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

LMFAO. NY and LA always go for the Dems. Progressive states. Now the rednicks backwards of the world even tho dirt poor, vote republican over and over again. The dumbest of the dumb. I understand people making 250 thou a year voting republican but guys like u who prolly make piss is what i can't understand.
    If you think the people in LA should represent the thoughts of this country then we will never see eye to eye. I think some of the dumbest people in the world live in California - there is a reason a lot of large corporations have exited CA as a headquarters and its not because of how smart people are out there!! You also don't know anything about me, but just to give you a little insight, I make a smidgen over piss. I would count myself among the more educated and wealthy on this site (not saying much I know), so I am a republican for a reason but a very middle of the road republican because I come from a family that didn't have much and understand the value of making for a prosperous middle class as well.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Winner_13 View Post
    America needs more white collar jobs.

SBR-JHON- people don't necessarily want handouts but they don't want menial jobs either.
    Thats why the concept goes, you start out at the crappy job and you progress. Only an idiot runs to Target for a first job and then cheers "woohoo I made it, if I just stand here behind this register one day I'm gonna make $50/hr and bonuses". Cashiers, service jobs at restaurants and so forth have a high turnover rate for a reason, they are meant be stepping stones to other jobs.

brooks85

Note possible because the guys with the wealth disparity have these nitwits helping them load their car trunks under the guise of them being a billionaire someday.
    Well, I guess I'll keep saving for the billion. You on the other hand, will never have a million. No doubt in my mind about it, have fun with that.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

No one should be paid less than $10/hr.
    I know PLENTY of people not worth 10$/hour.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: itchypickle

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Americans are so brain washed its ridiculous. The rich and the mighty so called job creators get all the breaks and benefits while everyone else gets treated like peasants. The ridiculous part is these brain washed peasants fight for the rich instead of for themselves and keep taking it right in the ass because they've always been told one day you'll be one of the rich but guess what it doesn't happen.
    Last edited by Stocks; 02-13-14 at 10:51 AM.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

obama is min raising?

id 3 bet

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    Americans are so brain washed its ridiculous. The rich and the mighty so called job creators get all the breaks and benefits while everyone else gets treated like peasants. The ridiculous part is these brain washed peasants fight for the rich instead of for themselves and keep taking it right in the ass because they've always been told one day you'll be one of the rich but guess what it doesn't happen.
    Its a dog and pony show argument. Walk into any part of the country and just stand there and observe people at a restaurant or shopping mall or retail chain. 8 out of 10 people will have a car, smart phone, clothes and are healthy or overweight and not starving and will be buying something of <$40 which is just under the adjusted net of around $54 for a full days work of a minimum wage worker...then those people will go home and watch DirectV in a home with power and water and high speed internet connection and go to bed and do it again tomorrow.......not exactly peasant life. Less than 5% of the population makes min wage so it's not as if the country as a whole is on the margins of a third world nation.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

1) This mininum wage increase (for now) pertains only to federal contract workers, janitors, and fast food workers.
    It is not an across the board raise.

2) For the most part, mininum wage jobs are entry level, intern type jobs.
    If you are still in the same mininum wage job after 3 years, there is something wrong with you, or you lack motivation.

3) Raising the mininum wage is a job killer.
    The two biggest expenses for empoyers are health care, and labor costs.
    Raise labor costs by 18 or 24 percent, employers are less inclined to hire new labor, no less unskilled unemployed labor, they are more inclined to make due with what they have already, creating zero new jobs.

Numbers say 60 percent give or take living at the poverty level don't work, they are chronically umemployed.
    If employers will not take on new employees because they are losing money due to the increase in their labor costs, logic says that it will be that much more difficult for those 60 percent that are unemployed to get hired.
    For a worker looking to get hired, they would have to bring at least equal value to the firm/store as they are paid, or the store will fail.
    It just raises the bar higher for an less experienced person to get hired.

I've mentioned this before, most minimum wage jobs are held by people who are from middle or upper middle income families, for instance the 18 year old son of a Wall Street trader that has a cashier job at Stop and Shop, or the daughter of the University professor that works at that sells the tickets at the multiplex theatre.

Government figures show 15 percent of the total amount of wage increases that Obama signed into law will go to workers living at or below the poverty level.
    So, even though his intentions may be good, and I am not even sure what Obama's intentions are.
    The people who are benefitting the most from the increases aren't the intended targets.

If any of you took business classes learned that every dollar a minimum wage worker earns it had to come from someplace.
    It came from either the employer or the customer.

Let's have a math lesson today people.

Let's say Tony's Pizza sells 100 pies a day at ten dollars a pop for the 360 days Tony's is open.
    Tony has taken in 360K for the year.
    In order for Tony to take in that 360K, Tony needs 10 minimum wage wokers at seven dollar an hour and for 2000 hours each for the year.
    That makes Tony's payroll or labor cost if you will, 140K.
    Tony also has to pay out rent for his pizza joint, insurance, equiptment, utlites, the stuff he has to pay for to keep his business in business, let's say realistically all that adds up to 170K.
    Simple math says Tony has cleared 50K for Tony and his wife and kids.

Forget the 10.10 Obama wants, let's say the minimum wage goes up one dollar, the math says Tony clears 30K for the year, not 50K, because his labor cost just went up 20K.

Tony has options, he can sell his 4 bedroom house and rent a small condo, and trade in his nice Buick for a Geo Metro.
    Fuk that Tony says, "I went to business school, I put the sweat into my business, I did the right thing by everybody to make my pizzeria happen, I just have to raise the price of my pizza."

If Tony raises the price of his pizza, he loses some business.
    The law of demand says he loses business, it's a proven fact the higherthe cost of something, the less will be taken, and that includes labor. Less demand for his pizza means Tony has to let go a worker or two.

Who wins?
    Not Tony, not the worker who gets let go, and certainly not the unemployed person that would give his left nut just to work at Tony's, or anyplace.

Nobody wins, nobody.

This community leader sitting on his high horse in the Oval Office knowsa nothing about business, never ran a business, doesn't know how one is run.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    all you penetrating idiots who think raising min wage is a good idea should move to France. Have you heard about their new millionaire tax? probably make you liberals cream your pants that you bought from those big evil corporations you despise so much
    Minimum wage where I'm from is over $17 an hour yet we have 4 states that are consistently ranked top 10 in the world...

Yeah, you make about as much sense as a diabetic eating a cheesecake....

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    It's also a war-torn nation that hasn't had peace in nearly 3 decades. Sounds just like what Ron Paul would want.
    You think the real Ron Paul wants countries to be war torn? How did you come to that conclusion? What evidence do you have? It's probably best if you stick with playing around with your guitar & leave the politic's to the grown up's.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Minimum wage where I'm from is over $17 an hour yet we have 4 states that are consistently ranked top 10 in the world...
    Where are you from?

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post

Yeah, you make about as much sense as a diabetic eating a cheesecake....
    17$? Really? Where are you from. I'm on the fence as to whether or not minimum wage requirement's are good or bad in the real world & not in a University class room.

Thor4140

This message is hidden because brooks85 is on your ignore list.

First 123456 ... Last