1. #1
    stevenash
    Phillies over 72.5 wins
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 26,059
    Betpoints: 17795

    Las Vegas Sands Corp. says it was hacked

    as Vegas Sands Corp. says the websites of its casinos, including in Bethlehem, were hacked this morning and remained down tonight.

    Patrons got error messages when they tried to visit the home pages of the Venetian casino, famous for its ersatz canals, and the Palazzo casino, which is next door on the Las Vegas Strip. The company's corporate site was also hacked, as were websites for its properties in the Chinese gambling enclave of Macau and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem.

    Las Vegas Sands spokesman Ron Reese said the company was working with law enforcement to determine who was behind the hacking, and the company was assessing the damage.

    Julia Corwin, a spokeswoman for Sands Bethlehem, forwarded a statement via text tonight because email was still among the internal systems down. Included was word that the company was using internal and external information-technology experts to assess the damage and return the systems to full operation.

    "More information will be provided once we have definitely determined what occurred," the statement read.
    FBI spokeswoman Jenny Shearer confirmed that the agency was aware of the problems with the Sands sites, but she declined to say whether the FBI had launched an investigation. Las Vegas police spokesman Larry Hadfield said he was not aware of the issue.

    The company could not say whether customer *********** records had been breached.

    The Morning Call in Allentown posted screenshots of the sites before they were taken down that showed a picture of Sands CEO Sheldon Adelson posing with Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and a message condemning the use of weapons of mass destruction.

    The sites featured a list of confidential employee information and Social Security numbers, according to The Morning Call.

    Adelson, who is known for having a fiery personality, has been outspoken in his support for Israel.

    Last December, Las Vegas-based casino operator Affinity Gaming announced that its *********** transactions had been hacked and warned its 300,000 customers to take steps to protect themselves from identity theft.

    Other Las Vegas-based casino companies reported no problems with their sites today

  2. #2
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 262,120
    Betpoints: 3133

    There must be some really smart guys out there that hack

    I have no idea how even they get on the site into the databases

    They have to have inside help

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  3. #3
    stevenash
    Phillies over 72.5 wins
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 26,059
    Betpoints: 17795

    **** = kredit kard

  4. #4
    rm18
    jags ML 9/10
    rm18's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-20-05
    Posts: 19,110
    Betpoints: 892

    I knew something was weird they were not showing any games running on bravo poker

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/20/2005


  5. #5
    stevenash
    Phillies over 72.5 wins
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 26,059
    Betpoints: 17795

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    There must be some really smart guys out there that hack

    I have no idea how even they get on the site into the databases

    They have to have inside help
    I'm an I/T operations/data analyst by trade, trust me on this, cyber thiefs are so far ahead of these corportions it's not even funny.

    Not just the Sands, look at BitCoin, look at Obama Care, all these high dollar online sites are so vulnerable without cyber protection, and these corporate idiots that don't spend the money to protect their interests get what they deserve.

    These cyber theives think in the 22nd century, the corportations that go online are still in the 19th century.
    Cyber is the new wild wild west.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39

  6. #6
    Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-11
    Posts: 31,019
    Betpoints: 195

    Here's what it looked like at one point

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  80.9 KB

  7. #7
    ScurvyPirate
    ScurvyPirate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-15-11
    Posts: 369
    Betpoints: 2194

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I'm an I/T operations/data analyst by trade, trust me on this, cyber thiefs are so far ahead of these corportions it's not even funny.

    Not just the Sands, look at BitCoin, look at Obama Care, all these high dollar online sites are so vulnerable without cyber protection, and these corporate idiots that don't spend the money to protect their interests get what they deserve.

    These cyber theives think in the 22nd century, the corportations that go online are still in the 19th century.
    Cyber is the new wild wild west.
    Ding ding ding.

  8. #8
    joemfbishop
    Update your status
    joemfbishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-08-12
    Posts: 97
    Betpoints: 96

    .... these hackers have done more than show Sheldon adelson a lesson. tThey screwed us 2000+ employees. ALL of or personal info(ss,email,add. etc.) was posted on the internet for a week before taken off. That alone is gonna cost me a lifetime of identity protection from lifelock just to keep all of these dirtbags from using my stuff. Sadly the only help we got from work is a year free of credit "monitoring" , our yearly bonuses for being #1 casino in state taken away 2 days before deposit (we think to pay for all the credit monitoring) and a get back to work and just deal with it attitude. There are 2000 employees outraged right now on the way things have been handled by a corporation that was stand-up till this. I really wish there was something we can do to get the sands to realize how shitty of a position they are leaving their employees that made that casino #1 in pa.

  9. #9
    rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-05-09
    Posts: 18,663
    Betpoints: 1237

    Quote Originally Posted by joemfbishop View Post
    .... these hackers have done more than show Sheldon adelson a lesson. tThey screwed us 2000+ employees. ALL of or personal info(ss,email,add. etc.) was posted on the internet for a week before taken off. That alone is gonna cost me a lifetime of identity protection from lifelock just to keep all of these dirtbags from using my stuff. Sadly the only help we got from work is a year free of credit "monitoring" , our yearly bonuses for being #1 casino in state taken away 2 days before deposit (we think to pay for all the credit monitoring) and a get back to work and just deal with it attitude. There are 2000 employees outraged right now on the way things have been handled by a corporation that was stand-up till this. I really wish there was something we can do to get the sands to realize how shitty of a position they are leaving their employees that made that casino #1 in pa.
    Not your fault they were hacked, taking away your bonus is bullshit. Been to Bethlehem, it's number one in PA?
    It was ok. Are they done with the road on the way in? It was awful when I went in Oct.

  10. #10
    joemfbishop
    Update your status
    joemfbishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-08-12
    Posts: 97
    Betpoints: 96

    Tables games is number 1, we go back and forth #1 & #2 ,month after month with Parx on slot revenues. The road widening is under construction now and will probably be so for the rest of the year.

Top