Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

LeBron James Makes A Big Statement in Interview

"I'm going to be one of the top four that's ever played this game, for sure. And if they don't want me to have one of those top four spots, they'd better find another spot on that mountain. Somebody's gotta get bumped, but that's not for me to decide. That's for the architects."

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Saer NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Funny.

He's got a ways to go yet.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    "I'm going to be one of the top four that's ever played this game, for sure. And if they don't want me to have one of those top four spots, they'd better find another spot on that mountain. Somebody's gotta get bumped, but that's not for me to decide. That's for the architects."
    If he's saying what I think he's saying then I know what that means.

Squidder
    Squidder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

If we talking skill he already top 4.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He is already top 4 and since when is there a clear top 4?

Olajuwon, Jordan, Shaq, Lebron according to my numbers though.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Olajuwon and Shaq?

Are those numbers only after 1990?

What about Russell, Johnson, Bird,Wilt & Abdul-Jabbar(its amazing how many people sleep on him)?

And personally I would put Duncan before those 2.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Need to win 2 more titles to be considered

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Olajuwon and Shaq?

Are those numbers only after 1990?

What about Russell, Johnson, Bird,Wilt & Abdul-Jabbar(its amazing how many people sleep on him)?

And personally I would put Duncan before those 2.
    kareem is the most underrated player in history which is ridiculous

he's #2 all time to jordan imo
    Points Awarded:

darkhat gave InTheDrink 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: face

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

lebron has a lot of work to do if he wants to be top 4, including more championships

guys like jordan, kareem, magic, and quite a few others are ahead of him...especially in the 80s and 90s

jjgold

He will definately bump Larry Bird as a top 5 player

A lot of these other all-time great players also had great supporting casts

I think LeBron and Michael Jordan so far have had the worst supporting casts if you compare starting lineups with the other all-time greats

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Shaq was very underrated because he drew the most double teams/fouls + high shooting percentage, Olajuwon probably the best defensive player ever.

ScurvyPirate
    ScurvyPirate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Jordan, magic, Wilt, Russell, Bird, Kareem. That's 6 off top of head that he hasn't passed yet. I may have missed a few. In time yeah he might bump a few of them, let's not forget just how versatile guys like Bird and magic were back in their day.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

lebron is an athlete he is not a basketball player

he should be put in a track hall of fame not a basketball one

whiney douche needed 2 other superstars just to win a ring, never had the skill to lead a normal team to the promised land like so many others before him did

if you count ray allen he needed 3 other superstars to win a ring, and i think you should count him, if it wasnt for him, spurs would be champs
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9082

I think most would agree with him... although he made his point in one of the most douchebag ways possible

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The Mount Rushmore is:

Jordan, Wilt, Magic, Kobe

If you want to put Russell in there over Wilt then fine. But it's basically one from each era.

Squidder

You are absolutely correct! His teammates at Cleveland definitely carried him to him the finals. He was trash! Agreed he's no basketball player either. Pure athlete. Thats all it takes to have the defensive presence he does and also his ability to find his teammates. You're a joke!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post

whiney douche needed 2 other superstars just to win a ring, never had the skill to lead a normal team to the promised land like so many others before him did

if you count ray allen he needed 3 other superstars to win a ring, and i think you should count him, if it wasnt for him, spurs would be champs

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

I wish I could agree, but I can't. He does everything. Yes, he has the best athletic pedigree. But so what, he should be penalized for that? Look at his shooting percentage. Rebounding, passer, defender, he does it all, let's be honest. I think he's already #2 behind MJ #1 without a doubt.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Jordan, Lebron, Magic.

Those are the top three.

The fourth guy isn't as obvious. I would say Wilt.

FranchisePlayer
    U MAD BRO!?
    FranchisePlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

Duncan still has a better legacy than him

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Shaq was very underrated because he drew the most double teams/fouls + high shooting percentage, Olajuwon probably the best defensive player ever.
    Don't really think Shaq was underrated...if anything feel like he underachieved. At his best guy was unstoppable...but he spent alot of time out of shape and wasted a few years beefing with Kobe.

As for Olajuwon, fair or unfair, can make the argument that if Jordan doesn't leave he might not have won a title and would be stuck in the same category as Ewing, Barkley and Malone. So just based off that cant put him that high up. Plus if John Starks doesn't have one of the worst shooting nights of all-time in that game 7 he only has one title.

Like other people said Lebron needs to win a few more rings before this top 4 talk starts. Would've been 1-3 in the finals if the Spurs didnt choke away that game 6 (even though I don't really count that Cavs year...fuking amazing feat that he even got them there...Mike Brown really?). Plus what happens if the Thunder start winning titles...does Durant move past him?

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

lebum is scared to participate in a dunk contest!
    enough said!

LosDoyers
    LosDoyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 262

BREAKING NEWS: One of the greatest players of all time says he will be one of the greatest players of all time.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

When all is said and done he will be top three, along side Kareem, and mj.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29790

38 year old Ray Allen isn't "superstar" calibur, c'mon man. The fact that he made a huge shot doesn't change that.

Chris Bosh is no superstar either. He's just a very good, solid big man. It's funny; if anyone tried to call Bosh a superstar in any other context but this one, it'd be laughable, yet people conveniently give him that label ONLY when they want to diminish Lebron's accomplishments

D Wade is the only one who would normally count as a superstar, but the guy was halfway crippled in the playoffs last year. Maybe you don't recall these stats but the Heat did much better vs the Spurs when they had LBJ and no Wade on the court than they did with both of them on the court. Wade playing was not the reason they won, it's the reason they almost lost.

jjgold

Bird only there because he is white, he is not even close to Lebron. Lebron and MJ played with journeyman type players a lot of their career.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Squidder View Post
    You are absolutely correct! His teammates at Cleveland definitely carried him to him the finals. He was trash! Agreed he's no basketball player either. Pure athlete. Thats all it takes to have the defensive presence he does and also his ability to find his teammates. You're a joke!!!
    no, you are the joke

so he went to the finals, so what? he needed dwayne wade, ray allen and chris bosh to win a ring, if he had stayed in cleveland he would have never won a ring, cause he is a good player, gets close to great, but falls just short. seeing him in discussions about best nba players is a disgrace to many

who did dwayne wade have when he won it in 2006? come one, tell me about all the washed up should-have-retired players he had that helped him win. he had nobody, lebron had superstars in their prime and no competition, what was his competition? aging mavs, spurs, celtics and lakers, and a young inexperienced pacers, oklahoma

jokes on him, competition seems to be building up, good luck getting another ring lebron
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 02-12-14 at 06:41 AM.

jjgold

Bird and Magic were surrounded by great players

Never forget this

Squidder

You are kidding right. 06? Pretty sure he had a huuuuge guy named shaq that helped him. And don't even open your mouth and say shaq didn't help. All the greats hay GREAT yes GREAT teams. Jordan had tooons of help. Lebron carried the cavs and if his team would have stepped up in playoffs they would have one. You have no idea if lebron would have ended up winning a ship if he stayed in Cleveland because you aren't a psychic. You're arguing that the hands down best player in the game is not a good player. This right here makes you a joke. There is no arguing it.

no, you are the joke

so he went to the finals, so what? he needed dwayne wade, ray allen and chris bosh to win a ring, if he had stayed in cleveland he would have never won a ring, cause he is a good player, gets close to great, but falls just short. seeing him in discussions about best nba players is a disgrace to many

who did dwayne wade have when he won it in 2006? come one, tell me about all the washed up should-have-retired players he had that helped him win. he had nobody, lebron had superstars in their prime and no competition, what was his competition? aging mavs, spurs, celtics and lakers, and a young inexperienced pacers, oklahoma

jokes on him, competition seems to be building up, good luck getting another ring lebron

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Squidder View Post
    You are kidding right. 06? Pretty sure he had a huuuuge guy named shaq that helped him. And don't even open your mouth and say shaq didn't help. All the greats hay GREAT yes GREAT teams. Jordan had tooons of help. Lebron carried the cavs and if his team would have stepped up in playoffs they would have one. You have no idea if lebron would have ended up winning a ship if he stayed in Cleveland because you aren't a psychic. You're arguing that the hands down best player in the game is not a good player. This right here makes you a joke. There is no arguing it.
    lebron wouldnt have won shit

he was in cleveland for 8 years and didnt do shit, he went to the finals once and chocked, you dont have a leg to stand on

if lebron goes back to cleveland and wins then you and he can talk, as long as his only rings came from playing alongside wade, bosh and allen then he will never be anywhere need the best

same retarded arguments from manning fans thinking he the best player of all time just because he is a stats whore, ignoring the fact that choking is his favorite pass time

he doesnt even believe he is the best, if he did think that he would have stayed in cleveland cause he would know he could lead them to a title

when he made the miami move he annouced to the world he knows he sucks and he will rides on other players coat tails to win rings

in the first ring he chokitty choke choke choked, fkn bosh had to stepped it up to carry the team, then last year allen saved his ass

he is not and never will be one of the best
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 02-12-14 at 08:24 AM.

Squidder

How the fukk can a guy with the best stats be riding coat tails? I'm done arguing with a monkey. Everyone in this read is now dumber having listened to u. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

FistOfFreedom
    FistOfFreedom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 422

He is certainly in the top 10, but not near the top 5 yet.

Numbers aren't everything and he is less than impressive watching. Top 5 players are BIGGER THAN LIFE type athletes. He needs to understand that he isn't and never will be a spotlight type of player with big flash. He's efficient and great at it, but should not even be mentioned with players like MJ or Chamberlain

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12894

Doesn't a guy named Bill Russell have more rings than fingers???? I guess he was OK.

jjgold

I agree a top 10 player right now
    He will get to top 7 two more years

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

He will never surpass Jordan.
    Jordan is GOAT.

12 Last