keel44
    Update your status
    keel44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12276

Advice needed for potential cash cow

I have looked over MLB over/unders for all the teams last year, and I have found without a doubt, that the results are streaky. If you were to "follow the last result" on a team, you would have some nice clusters of wins.

What is the best way to take advantage of these winning clusters?

The way I see it, you should risk about 10%-15% of your bankroll on every play. Whatever your bankroll is at the time. The more you win, the higher you risk. The more you lose, the less you risk.

If you were to win 6 in a row risking 15% of your bank each play, you would more than double your bankroll from the start of that string of 6.

I just thought I'd share my findings and ask for the best money management strategy for streaks.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

How do you know when the streak starts and ends? DO you have a time machine or a crystal ball?

keel44
    Update your status

You pick a team, and follow the last result. Let's say you choose the Yankees. If the Yankee game went over yesterday, you pick them to go over again today. You follow only the Yankees all year, or you could switch your team after a nice stretch of wins if you like.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

stop whatever it is you are thinking here. its not a good plan.
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave trytrytry 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

keel44
    Update your status

"

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

My advice is...

Get a big safe, you're gonna be rich.

keel44
    Update your status

I know there are some strings of losses too, but the wins are more frequent and longer. If I could find a money management that will hold my own until I get that nice long run. I could make some nice money.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by keel44 View Post
    You pick a team, and follow the last result. Let's say you choose the Yankees. If the Yankee game went over yesterday, you pick them to go over again today. You follow only the Yankees all year, or you could switch your team after a nice stretch of wins if you like.
    Vegas was built on guys like you...just sayin

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

I know there are some strings of losses too, but the wins are more frequent and longer. If I could find a money management that will hold my own until I get that nice long run. I could make some nice money.
    http://www.pinnaclesports.com/online...g-streaks.aspx

z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

Stick with 2-3 % bankroll per bet...then you won't have to reload if you hit a downswing
    Attached Images  

keel44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by benjy View Post
    I read this nice article and I found it does not pertain here.

I formed a hypothesis before looking at the data. My hypothesis was that a team's offensive production was streaky and I already know that baseball totals have a range of over/under between 7-10. I thought that maybe one teams output could be enough to go above or below a posted total always figuring in their opponents output to be at least average.

This sparked my interest when the general thought about the A's last year was they had good pitching with a below average offense in a pitcher's park. 1 of 2 things could happen: The results would trend under because the assumptions could be true and fall below the range of 7-10 runs (generally speaking). The results could also trend over because the assumptions could not be true all the time. Either way, I figured there would be a trend one way or the other.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

There is no magic system. This may run well at times but betting 10%-15% of your bankroll will not lead to anything good.

If you don't want to cap and bet blindly, you may just want to bet against the Astros or any usual bad team, and even at that 10%-15% is still not a good plan.

Best of luck to you.

keel44
    Update your status

I am not betting whether an event will happen or not, I am trying to formulate a money management strategy IF the event were to happen. I want to follow the last result in case of longer streaks. If these longer streaks do show up, I want to be primed to take full advantage.

I am using past data as a reference to what is possible. I looked at every team last year and all but a couple of teams showed that following the last result was more profitable than betting opposite of the last result.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    My advice is...

Get a big safe, you're gonna be rich.
    I second this post, but I suggest buying a bigger safe.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I think you are seeing patterns where there are none. That said, I encourage you to apply statistics to your theory.

If you are serious about money management read up on Kelly betting.

keel44
    Update your status

I don't know if I am right in this line of thinking, but I formed a hypothesis, then I checked past data, and I found my hypothesis to be confirmed. Confirmed by visual means, not mathematical satisfaction, not thousands of trials, but the evidence is clear as day. Clear enough to bet on anyway. A lot of people bet with more erroneous ideas than this.

A baseball team's over/under results are more streaky than not. That is my statement based on my observations of offensive productivity trending high and low. I checked some data and found that yes indeed, that is true more often than not.

I want a money management strategy that best takes advantage of streaky results. If the results are not streaky, I will lose my bankroll. It wouldn't be the first time.

boeing power

If the Yankees win 14-6 and the next day the total is 7.5 the game will go over 7.5 approximately 50% of the time.

I just saved you some time and a lot of money.

keel44
    Update your status

If the Yankees win 14-6 and the next day the total is 7.5 the game will go over 7.5 approximately 50% of the time.

It looks like you will never have a bet then, right? I say take a stab at an angle, it just might pay off big. Give yourself enough stabs.

You see, the problem with most everybody is, they don't have an angle. They may think they do, but it is not specific enough. Look around at everyone's picks on this forum. They make generalizations for one game based on nothing, then turn around and make another assumption for another game. They are never consistent with formulating reasons for choosing a side.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I have looked over MLB over/unders for all the teams last year, and I have found without a doubt, that the results are streaky. If you were to "follow the last result" on a team, you would have some nice clusters of wins.

What is the best way to take advantage of these winning clusters?

The way I see it, you should risk about 10%-15% of your bankroll on every play. Whatever your bankroll is at the time. The more you win, the higher you risk. The more you lose, the less you risk.

If you were to win 6 in a row risking 15% of your bank each play, you would more than double your bankroll from the start of that string of 6.

I just thought I'd share my findings and ask for the best money management strategy for streaks.
    I don't understand any of this.

boeing power

It looks like you will never have a bet then, right? I say take a stab at an angle, it just might pay off big. Give yourself enough stabs.

You see, the problem with most everybody is, they don't have an angle. They may think they do, but it is not specific enough. Look around at everyone's picks on this forum. They make generalizations for one game based on nothing, then turn around and make another assumption for another game. They are never consistent with formulating reasons for choosing a side.
    What I'm saying is that you can't blindly bet games and think you can win long term.

If you put in hours of work capping and researching and learning good situations you can win 53-54% long term if you are very bright and have great money management skills.

It takes years of hard work to be successful at this.

I am still working hard every day to achieve that goal.

stikymess

If fat ass Sabathia is pitching it goes over 60% of the time.

boeing power

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    If fat ass Sabathia is pitching it goes over 60% of the time.

Fatty slim now.

stikymess

Fatty slim now.

Nice, Gastric Bypass is a good thing.

keel44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I don't understand any of this.

You simply pick a baseball team and bet on the over/under based on that team's previous over/under result. You keep doing that all year or whenever you get the results you are looking for. The results you are looking for are nice clusters of wins.

I propose betting 15% of your current bankroll per bet....whatever your bankroll is at that time. You should be only betting on 1 team at a time so 15% total risk per day is not as high as it seems, but your bankroll will swing greatly in either direction. The idea is to reap the rewards of the upswing. This will happen when you get streaks of wins which means your baseball team has a string of overs or unders.

The Giant

You simply pick a baseball team and bet on the over/under based on that team's previous over/under result. You keep doing that all year or whenever you get the results you are looking for. The results you are looking for are nice clusters of wins.

I propose betting 15% of your current bankroll per bet....whatever your bankroll is at that time. You should be only betting on 1 team at a time so 15% total risk per day is not as high as it seems, but your bankroll will swing greatly in either direction. The idea is to reap the rewards of the upswing. This will happen when you get streaks of wins which means your baseball team has a string of overs or unders.
    So, let's say I choose the Dodgers.

Their first game goes over. I put 15% of my bankroll on the second game over? Now, if that game goes under, I put 15% of my bankroll on the under in the third game? I just keep doing this forever?

stikymess

Their first game goes over. I put 15% of my bankroll on the second game over? Now, if that game goes under, I put 15% of my bankroll on the under in the third game? I just keep doing this forever?
    Giant once you fill up the big safe from prior post you are done.

boeing power

And shower with profits and high end call girls and cocaine.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    Giant once you fill up the big safe from prior post you are done.

The way I've been running lately all the money has been leaving the safe, not going in.

I'm looking for a surefire method to get it back.

I hate having found this thread and knowing I have to wait until April to cash in.

The Giant

And shower with profits and high end call girls and cocaine.
    I'm two months away from living the dream.

keel44
    Update your status

Here is an example from the Dodgers last year from Sept 15-24

Balance start is $100 assume all games -110

Sept. 14 OVER ...bet over
    Sept. 15 risk $15 UNDER (loss) bankroll $85...bet under
    Sept. 16 risk $12.75 UNDER (win) bankroll $96.59...bet under
    Sept. 17 risk $14.49 OVER (loss) bankroll $82.10...bet over
    Sept. 18 risk $12.31 OVER (win) bankroll $93.29...bet over
    Sept. 19 risk $14.00 OVER (win) bankroll $106.01...bet over
    Sept. 20 risk $15.90 UNDER (loss) bankroll $90.11...bet under
    Sept. 21 risk $13.51 UNDER (win) bankroll $102.39...bet under
    Sept. 22 risk $15.36 UNDER (win) bankroll $116.35...bet under
    Sept. 24 risk $17.45 UNDER (win) bankroll $132.22

I have increased my bankroll over 30% with a modest streak of 4 unders in a row. In fact, the bankroll went from $90.11 to $132.22 with 3 straight wins.

The Dodgers had a few of these modest streaks last year. They had 12 different streaks of 4 or more. They were actually one of the modest teams of streaky results compared to some others.
    Last edited by keel44; 02-15-14 at 08:09 PM.

keel44
    Update your status

I have confidence that I will double my bankroll at least twice this upcoming year. That sounds really good to me. I will start with $1000 and at some point during the year I will have $4000. I will have a thread and I hope people will jump on board.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I have confidence that I will double my bankroll at least twice this upcoming year. That sounds really good to me. I will start with $1000 and at some point during the year I will have $4000. I will have a thread and I hope people will jump on board.
    This won't work according to the numbers. You're saying that teams that win are more likely to win the following game and its just not common enough. Since 2010 teams are 5009-4812 following a win for a win% of 51. Even assuming the odds balance out that is still a losing number (but my guess is that wins are clustered more around good team carrying higher lines)

keel44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    This won't work according to the numbers. You're saying that teams that win are more likely to win the following game and its just not common enough. Since 2010 teams are 5009-4812 following a win for a win% of 51. Even assuming the odds balance out that is still a losing number (but my guess is that wins are clustered more around good team carrying higher lines)
    This is for over/unders. Remember, we are following the last result hoping for clusters of wins, not necessarily overall win percentage.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

gryfyn is right if you're picking W/L and not totals. It'll be death of you if you're picking the favorites though. Astros swept the Angels last year on the road in a series, each line was -200+.

I run a martingale when it comes to 1st Inning No Score prop bets, wasn't able to do it for the entire season last year but here in March I'll be getting my spreadsheet ready for Day 1.