Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Eight NFL executives and coaches anticipate a "significant" draft-day plunge for Missouri OLB Michael Sam after revealing that he is homosexual.

The execs and coaches believe NFL locker rooms are "not prepared to deal with an openly gay player," and decision makers fear a "publicity circus" for the team that selects Sam. "At this point in time it's still a man's man game," said one player personnel assistant. "To call somebody a [gay slur] is still so commonplace." Rotoworld draft maven Josh Norris believes Sam has fourth- to seventh-round tape. "I just know with this going on this is going to drop him down," added one veteran scout. "There's no question about it. It's human nature. Do you want to be the team to quote-unquote 'break that barrier?'"
    this . That guy just cost himself a ton of money

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Cue a week of skinny guys in the media who've never played above JV talking about Nfl locker rooms

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

circus aspect? jesus......ok....after what teo went through...and was still a first round pick....I didn't hear much of a peep about him in san diego(aside from him battling injuries) out here on the east coast...or maybe I wanst paying enough attention....yes this kid was a first team SEC guy as a defensive end....a scouting site I visit has him as the 12th best olb/rush linebacker In his class....not including underclassmen.....so hell be lucky to be a mid to late round pick....hes a non skill position player.....yeah itll come up....but it wont be a huge deal.....as far as the "f" word being used....its on par with the n word or asshole.....ive used it at work in front of an "out" gay.....and were still cool

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Sam will be ok. the most important thing in groundbreaking accomplishments is the person who does the groundbreaking. Sam comes across as a smart straight guy. He won't have any problems if he can play at a high level.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Well, we had a team meeting about this gay guy and it's split. The wife beaters were cool with it. The dog murderers seemed to be indifferent."
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 6 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stealthyburrito, bigtymer56, James D, seaborneq, manny24, and DrStale

NolaDrewDats
    NolaDrewDats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

What does announcing being gay have to do with equal rights?
    If anything him shining a light and almost showcasing his lifestyle puts it in a negative light.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    "Well, we had a team meeting about this gay guy and it's split. The wife beaters were cool with it. The dog murderers seemed to be indifferent."

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Unreal that this is a story.

Hey guys, I love titties! Let the world know. Who gives a fck, suck titties or suck rooster, I don't give a shit and don't want to hear about it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by NolaDrewDats View Post
    What does announcing being gay have to do with equal rights?
    If anything him shining a light and almost showcasing his lifestyle puts it in a negative light.
    Dude, it's a first, that's a big deal. What negative light?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Eight NFL executives and coaches anticipate a "significant" draft-day plunge for Missouri OLB Michael Sam after revealing that he is homosexual.

The execs and coaches believe NFL locker rooms are "not prepared to deal with an openly gay player," and decision makers fear a "publicity circus" for the team that selects Sam. "At this point in time it's still a man's man game," said one player personnel assistant. "To call somebody a [gay slur] is still so commonplace." Rotoworld draft maven Josh Norris believes Sam has fourth- to seventh-round tape. "I just know with this going on this is going to drop him down," added one veteran scout. "There's no question about it. It's human nature. Do you want to be the team to quote-unquote 'break that barrier?'"
    Actually I think there probably are teams that would want to be the team. I think he's a third rounder.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

There is a homosexual agenda and a feminization of men. It is a social agenda to control the masses.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Amazing that the entire team knew last season and not one player leaked this info. His teammates deserve a lot of credit.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Amazing that the entire team knew last season and not one player leaked this info. His teammates deserve a lot of credit.
    Bigotry is perpetuated by a minority. No one cares anymore. The whole lot of them in the NFL should just come out already so we can get this non-issue over with.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Bigotry is perpetuated by a minority. No one cares anymore. The whole lot of them in the NFL should just come out already so we can get this non-issue over with.
    I do not disagree cuse. However 75 young men keeping a very explosive secret for a year is quite impressive.

Like Ben Franklin said "three people can keep a secret if two are dead"

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    I do not disagree cuse. However 75 young men keeping a very explosive secret for a year is quite impressive.

Like Ben Franklin said "three people can keep a secret if two are dead"
    No doubt, shows the respect teammates have for one another.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    There is a homosexual agenda and a feminization of men. It is a social agenda to control the masses.
    Please tell us more.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    According to primetime sanders, he is not the first gay player. Just first to come out about it.

Mark sanchez/josh freeman/most punters definitely gay . Look at chris kluwe, vikings punter, filed a lawsuit against team because one of the assistants kept using anti gay slurs in team meetings. Kluwe just come out and say it already jeezus

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    At least somebody gets it, was about to post basically the same thing. If youre in the know about the government and what its been planning for a while this is just one small thing.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

whats next ?

are NFL teammates going to make it public when they start dating each other?

lol its going to be Cowboys player is dating Redskins player but today they have to compete against each other lol

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

As a guy who has played a shitload of organized sports (mainly baseball) I can tell you there are a shitoad of gay athletes at all levels.
    And if there are people who don't believe this they need to get their heads out of the sand.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Please tell us more.
    He has to take off his tin foil helmet first.

artyfudgepacker
    artyfudgepacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

if he plays like a beast all that wont matter

stevenash

^
    This

When I played, if our cleanup hitter was hitting 40 homers and driving in 120, I wouldn't care if he was fukking barnyard animals.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Here's the deal....if the Cowboys take him, and he's a significant contributor to getting us deep in the playoffs....I'll seriously consider blowing him.

Just win, baby.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

He is a power top, let the man be free, who cares if he likes shaft or not?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

The locker room is his paradise

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

6'1" 260 they'll probably move him to linebacker as the consensus is he's only the 15th or so best defensive end in the Draft.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

A lot of blacks are on the Down-Low

This kid is honest and now free

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Obama is on the Down Low

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68207

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    According to primetime sanders, he is not the first gay player. Just first to come out about it.

Mark sanchez/josh freeman/most punters definitely gay . Look at chris kluwe, vikings punter, filed a lawsuit against team because one of the assistants kept using anti gay slurs in team meetings. Kluwe just come out and say it already jeezus
    Oh my. Guys, this has been going on for decades.

The Redskins had a migration of gay players in the late 60s and 70s.

Jerry Smith never came out but everyone on the team knew about it.

Dave Kopay, a teammate of his, had a relationship with Smith while on the team together.

All the players were aware of it.

Vince Lombardi, the head coach, knew about it.

Lombardi went out of his way to make sure that Ray McDonald made the team in 1969.

McDonald was gay.

Lombardi told the entire team that if ANYONE caused any problems because of it, they would be "out the door before there ass hit the ground".

Lombardi understood gay because his brother, was gay.

The asst. general manager for Wash. in the early 70s was gay.

Gays in football have been playing for at least the last 50 years.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Oh my. Guys, this has been going on for decades.

The Redskins had a migration of gay players in the late 60s and 70s.

Jerry Smith never came out but everyone on the team knew about it.

Dave Kopay, a teammate of his, had a relationship with Smith while on the team together.

All the players were aware of it.

Vince Lombardi, the head coach, knew about it.

Lombardi went out of his way to make sure that Ray McDonald made the team in 1969.

McDonald was gay.

Lombardi told the entire team that if ANYONE caused any problems because of it, they would be "out the door before there ass hit the ground".

Lombardi understood gay because his brother, was gay.

The asst. general manager for Wash. in the early 70s was gay.

Gays in football have been playing for at least the last 50 years.
    I've long suspected the Redskins were full of gays.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Why would what you do at home in your bedroom matter for your employment? If the guy can play he will get a job, if he cannot he won't. I can't see the gay thing helping him tho. He is a borderline draft guy. Do the teams want all this attention for a late round pick ? There has been gays in sports forever , espn said today is a "monumental day in sports history". What exactly is so historic and monumental?? Why does personal sexual preferences matter in any way?

If men were in the women's locker room, women would be uncomfortable right ? Because men are sexually attracted to women. So why if a gay man is attracted to men , why do the other men who feel uncomfortable with that not matter ?

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

in this world of acceptance and tolerance , it sure does seem to be a one way street to me.......

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I realize that having knowledge of history and being a Cowboys fan don't go very well.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

Home > Sports > Cowboys > Cowboys Headlines

Tony Casillas: I played with gay Dallas Cowboys players in the '90s

First 12345 Last