1. #106
    grease lightnin
    grease lightnin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-12
    Posts: 7,567
    Betpoints: 87

    Refs are shit. Glad Duke covered though.

  2. #107
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 262,039
    Betpoints: 3121

    best to take these ML's favs in the big games

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  3. #108
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,589
    Betpoints: 30

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Syracuse loses by 6-10 without the refs
    Cuse loses by 6-10 the first time they play a team outside of New York.

    Duke rolls in Cameron. Coach K will make sure of that. Hand pick his own bagmen.

  4. #109
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    game was an absolute joke

    cuse loses by 5 if they had jabari and jefferson

    the refs completely took them out of the game once duke got some momentum

    fckn joke

  5. #110
    NJcap
    NJcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-13
    Posts: 1,381
    Betpoints: 374

    Spot on...I recall Parker scoring 8-10 in a row then gets called for 2 cheap fouls and gets taken out

  6. #111
    Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-30-08
    Posts: 3,576
    Betpoints: 12

    What a f*cking joke those refs were! I havent seen a screw job like that since Vince McMahon & Brett Heart in Montreal!

  7. #112
    stevenash
    Phillies over 72.5 wins
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 26,056
    Betpoints: 17782

    Doooke wins by 23 later this month in Cameron indoors.

  8. #113
    bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-19-11
    Posts: 4,012

    Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    game was an absolute joke

    cuse loses by 5 if they had jabari and jefferson

    the refs completely took them out of the game once duke got some momentum

    fckn joke
    the refs were fine

  9. #114
    Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-04-09
    Posts: 28,705
    Betpoints: 9414

    I didn't have a dog in this fight but the refs really ruined a great game for me. Horrible calls down the stretch and Cuse players flopping like in the NBA. I came into this game not caring who won or loss and in the end I hope this Cuse team gets riddled with ACL injuries. Fukking armed robbery in front of millions watching.

  10. #115
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,589
    Betpoints: 30

    Quote Originally Posted by bruins35 View Post
    the refs were fine
    They were fine, aside from some terrible calls, and a blatant missed call at the end that essentially sealed the deal.

    "Fine" as defined by bruins is help cash whatever ticket is in his hands.

    I love watching Duke get fukked over by the Refs. This is one of the better examples of it.

    "fine"

  11. #116
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    Quote Originally Posted by bruins35 View Post
    the refs were fine
    you're clueless

    even chalkydog is saying the refs sucked and he hated duke

    you have no idea about wtf you are talking about regarding sports

  12. #117
    Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-12
    Posts: 4,370

    there were some definite shite calls, I didn't have a bet on the game so no one can say that I am bias but it was a great game

  13. #118
    ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 18,809
    Betpoints: 264

    Guys acting like bad officiating is something new its been brutal daily

  14. #119
    Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-12
    Posts: 4,370

    what game nowadays aren't there horrible calls in?? happens all the time

  15. #120
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    what game nowadays aren't there horrible calls in?? happens all the time
    the refs fukked over every chance for duke either trying to take a lead or right when they got the lead

    they called a bullshit offensive foul on parker which got him out of the game

    they called a bullshit no call on the play when hood drove

    complete shit job tonight by the refs

  16. #121
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 33,320
    Betpoints: 2900

    Wow big thread
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2017


  17. #122
    ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 18,809
    Betpoints: 264

    What's funny is duke fans complaining about refs.. I guess they just saw what most teams go thru... duke the king of phantom calls

  18. #123
    Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-12
    Posts: 4,370

    Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post

    the refs fukked over every chance for duke either trying to take a lead or right when they got the lead

    they called a bullshit offensive foul on parker which got him out of the game

    they called a bullshit no call on the play when hood drove

    complete shit job tonight by the refs
    the one on parker was outrageous

  19. #124
    stevenash
    Phillies over 72.5 wins
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 26,056
    Betpoints: 17782

    Well you are a VIP in these parts T-Wiz
    People log on just to read you, they take your word as gospel.

  20. #125
    Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-04-09
    Posts: 28,705
    Betpoints: 9414

    and it is quietly swept under the rug. You never hear of refs being reprimanded for incompetence. They can't even get demoted. These fukks are made men. They can do what the fukk they want and zero repercussions. They are paid to entertain us, they decide how they want to dictate flow and who ultimately wins or loses. Refs in all sports have absolute power on making subjective calls.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Guys acting like bad officiating is something new its been brutal daily
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    what game nowadays aren't there horrible calls in?? happens all the time

  21. #126
    stevenash
    Phillies over 72.5 wins
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 26,056
    Betpoints: 17782

    Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    What's funny is duke fans complaining about refs.. I guess they just saw what most teams go thru... duke the king of phantom calls
    All I care about is show me the money.
    Loved it when Coach K cried too.

  22. #127
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    and it is quietly swept under the rug. You never hear of refs being reprimanded for incompetence. They can't even get demoted. These fukks are made men. They can do what the fukk they want and zero repercussions. They are paid to entertain us, they decide how they want to dictate flow and who ultimately wins or loses. Refs in all sports have absolute power on making subjective calls.
    exactly

    should get demoted to being a ref for high school

    should never touch the NCAA again until they get a certain rating

    in all sports

  23. #128
    Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-12
    Posts: 4,370

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    and it is quietly swept under the rug. You never hear of refs being reprimanded for incompetence. They can't even get demoted. These fukks are made men. They can do what the fukk they want and zero repercussions. They are paid to entertain us, they decide how they want to dictate flow and who ultimately wins or loses. Refs in all sports have absolute power on making subjective calls.
    there should def be some sort of board that oversees them

  24. #129
    Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-24-09
    Posts: 1,422
    Betpoints: 72

    the no call on the dunk attempt was shit. all these Ticky tack calls on the hand checks, yet when something means something they swallow the whistle. I took Duke +245 with 3mins to go or so. I honestly didn't think they had a chance in OT without jefferson and parker. It was an entertaining game , just wish all the meaningless fouls didn't become so meaningful.

  25. #130
    Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-12
    Posts: 4,370

    I know that they say the refs should call a call no matter what time is left in the game but when the refs make a horrible call in the last minute of a game it has much bigger consequences

  26. #131
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,589
    Betpoints: 30

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    and it is quietly swept under the rug. You never hear of refs being reprimanded for incompetence. They can't even get demoted. These fukks are made men. They can do what the fukk they want and zero repercussions. They are paid to entertain us, they decide how they want to dictate flow and who ultimately wins or loses. Refs in all sports have absolute power on making subjective calls.
    99% of the time.

    The one time it did get blown up by the media, nobody gave a shit.

    He touched the ball.

  27. #132
    crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-29-10
    Posts: 16,900
    Betpoints: 39

    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Yes I know the line opened low. Yes I know in theory a good jump shooting team should have an advantage against a zone defense.


    Regardless I like the Orange here. Their length and athleticism will still allow them to defend Duke from 3 point range. The dome will be crazy obviously.


    Syracuse -4 -108 to win $150
    another epic failure from the smelly hindu.

    lol

    the awful prediction wasnt even the worst part of this clowns writeup. only a clueless dumbfuk thinks the zone is a great defense against the 3..... 15/36 on 3 pointers for duke.



    stick to camel racing and elephant polo u stinky brownie.

    lol

  28. #133
    crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-29-10
    Posts: 16,900
    Betpoints: 39

    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Wow big thread
    just like every other in-game thread.

    it certainly wasnt because ur a great capper.

    lol

  29. #134
    jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-13-10
    Posts: 6,074
    Betpoints: 2821

    The ACC should be ashamed of those refs. The 5th on Parker and the no call on Hood's dunk at the end were turrible. Turrible.

  30. #135
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,589
    Betpoints: 30

    YMB, don't even stress it.

    Your team lost a game, on the road against a team many people are complaining should be the number 1 ranked team in the land. You lost in main part due to the refs.

    If I were a 'Cuse fan, I'd be much more concerned.

    There are teams who will be able to shoot over that zone, especially in the dance, especially mid-majors. Some of those teams also have a lot better size than your dookies.

    Don't stress. Duke took a huge step in the right direction.

  31. #136
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    YMB, don't even stress it.

    Your team lost a game, on the road against a team many people are complaining should be the number 1 ranked team in the land. You lost in main part due to the refs.

    If I were a 'Cuse fan, I'd be much more concerned.

    There are teams who will be able to shoot over that zone, especially in the dance, especially mid-majors. Some of those teams also have a lot better size than your dookies.

    Don't stress. Duke took a huge step in the right direction.
    im not stressed

    it happens

  32. #137
    Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 21,506

    Points Awarded:

    crustyme gave Cuse0323 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/14/2017


  33. #138
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,862
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    im not stressed

    it happens
    Plus they got raped by refs, not that it wasn't funny watching a team flop their way to fouling out puke players for a change.. I don't even hate duke today cause I thought 4sure when it went to ot there was no way they were gonna cover for me, they are far improved from earlier in the season and Jefferson been big time for me in draftstreet lately! Sadly his days of discount prices prob bout over..

  34. #139
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 75,905
    Betpoints: 15188

    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Plus they got raped by refs, not that it wasn't funny watching a team flop their way to fouling out puke players for a change.. I don't even hate duke today cause I thought 4sure when it went to ot there was no way they were gonna cover for me, they are far improved from earlier in the season and Jefferson been big time for me in draftstreet lately! Sadly his days of discount prices prob bout over..
    Agree. If I'm Syracuse, I'm not exactly feeling great about the fact that they couldn't have played better and still needed OT to win.

  35. #140
    Smoke
    Daggles?
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-09-09
    Posts: 49,026
    Betpoints: 582

    Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    another epic failure from the smelly hindu.

    lol

    the awful prediction wasnt even the worst part of this clowns writeup. only a clueless dumbfuk thinks the zone is a great defense against the 3..... 15/36 on 3 pointers for duke.



    stick to camel racing and elephant polo u stinky brownie.

    lol

First 123456 Last
Top