BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4113

80% chance of precipitation Super Bowl Sunday

2 days ago, Super Bowl Sunday finally hit The Weather Channel's 10-day forecast. They projected a 30% chance of snow, and all the mediots latched on to that number and have been reporting it ad infinitum.

Well what hasn't been reported is that yesterday TWC upped their forecast to a 60% chance of precipitation (not necessarily snow, but "precipitation") and this morning it has been raised again to 80%. It is important to note that that means an 80% of precipitation sometime during the day, but not necessarily during the game.

Just an FYI for the members here. My bet is locked in so I am not worried about line movements anymore.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

weather forecasters are like lakerboy.... only correct 5% of the time.

cant tell u how many times those idiots predicted 90% chance of rain and didnt get a single drop. or 0% and would get t-storms.

if they get one correct they gloat like they are nostrodamus just like lakerboy.
    Points Awarded:

Smoke gave crustyme 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post

cant tell u how many times those idiots predicted 90% chance of rain and didnt get a single drop. or 0% and would get t-storms.

if they get one correct they gloat like they are nostrodamus just like lakerboy.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

That forecast won't be accurate until like 2 days before the game.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I'm waiting for someone to go all in on the forecast before i know what the weather will be.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post

lol very true

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If even some snow game is a disaster

Next week going to be frigid in NJ

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The wind is something they can't caculate in a 10 day forecast, very unpredictable being that far out. By Friday everyone will have an accurate idea what to expect. The NFL will not play in a blizzard because of safety reasons for the people trying to get to the game.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32789

I studied a little earth science, interesting stuff.
    You can predict long term temperatures accuratly.
    The models they use are sophisticated, and jet streams and such don't vary much.

Here's what the meteorologists will tell you they can not predict long term with accuracy.
    Precipitation. Too many variables.

GP
    GP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

The NFL has said that there is a possibility that Super Bowl XLVIII could be played on an alternative day should bad weather be scheduled to hit the area on game day.

However, any decision to play the Super Bowl on a day other than Superbowl Sunday would have to be made 36 hours in advance.

NFL Executive Vice President Eric Grubman has said a time frame has been worked out if bad weather forces a change in the Super Bowl schedule.

Long-range forecasts call for the possibility of snow on that date, but the NFL has decided the game could be played on any day from Friday, January 31st to Monday, February 3rd - or it could be moved back even further.

If there is an unexpected storm that brings the metropolitan area to a halt, then the league has contingency plans to reschedule the game for a different date.

'We would need 24 hours to move the game time,' Mr Grubman said. 'We need 36 hours to move the day.'

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68207

It's windy at the Meadowland's when it's not windy anywhere else.

Wind is a given.

25 degrees or thereabouts is almost a given.

Weathermen are starting to say " a little " snow or wintery mix now.

Been a clipper every 3 days for the last week and another one coming Tuesday so if the form holds, another one would be right about Saturday or Sunday.

swiftyj
    swiftyj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

i hope it snows