nash13
    nash13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7160

Quote Originally Posted by Noobnumber12 View Post
    Alright! But do you watch the games as well or do you just go for stats? thing is the games for me are going in the middle of the night. So wondering if I can bet only on stats or if I somehow have to watch the games?
    i would like to explore games in the morning before the match. so if anything occurs right be fore the game starts, i will adjust. no live betting or anything else.

Ramster
    Ramster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    go all in every chance you get
    Stupid

Ramster
    Ramster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I go with props and team totals more than ML and spreads. NBA 1q, 2nd half hedging, nfl 1st 7.5 are my favs.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Hi!

I'm not new to sportsbetting but I haven't yet figured out how to be on + side.

My questions to you cappers out there. What is your best tip to get an edge? Is it to watch a lot of games? Grind stats? Flipping a coin?
    The first thing you must do is eat your wheaties. Always. After that everything else will fall into place.

Line shop. Chase steam whenever/wherever possible.

Noobnumber12
    Noobnumber12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Thanks for all the great answers guys!

Would be great if someone could explain their capping routine or something so maybe I'll get a fell of how it's supposed to be done. If you don't wanna write it here feel free to PM me!

Cheers

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Would be great if someone could explain their capping routine or something so maybe I'll get a fell of how it's supposed to be done. If you don't wanna write it here feel free to PM me!

Cheers
    The reality that you will make $$ long term is most likely a Lie. The odds are not in your favor. So if you commence do it for entertainment purposes/disposable income only. GL.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 01-24-14 at 05:54 AM.

GRIZZ
    GRIZZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 199

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    You gotta have the look first

Toupee
    Shades
    Snow hat
    Grey sweatshirt
    Sweatpants with hole in it
    I think this answer was overlooked, easily the most important part of betting.

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 223

Buy a season package from a handicapping service. Guys like Jim Feist and Brandon Lang are gambling gods
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Here is how I like to cap a game.
    I pick two games I really like. Only two, never more or less.
    Write each team in each corner of a chalk/dry-erase board.
    Blindfold myself, $hit in my hand, and throw it at said board.
    The team I hit closest too I go all in on.
    It works sixty percent of the time, every time.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Become a bookie.
    LOVE it good one !! lol

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

study line history, and think contrarian

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Cheers
    because ur nice kid I help u and u will make money !! It takes time and own picks - u DONT copy anyone - rule # 1 !! Pick a one sport that u like to start with and than start picking ur games on paper only - for one month [ it mean that u will NOT bet real money for one month ] just watch and see how u do and get ur self a full schedule [ for hole season ] !! Remember this for rest of ur gamming life - U will BETT only the good teams and fallow them very close . Any good team that did not won [ or lose ] 2 times in a row is time for that team to win so bet the team first time [ light bet - no more than 2% of ur bank role ] and have the extra money to fallow that team for next 3 games and bet progressively - EVERY GOOD TEAM WILL WIN in 5 games and Cover !! Start with this kid and never bet more than 3 games in one day , don't chase ur money with another game -Take a lose if u have too , There is another day ,and bet the same amount of money on each game !! There will be days that u don't bet - because u don't like the games on that day !! U don't bet every day !! Only when the team u been fallowing is over do to win and cover !! So good like to u kid and remember this is marathon and NOT a sprint !! and my advice to u start with straight bets only at least for while - till u get better and then try parlays !!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

buy a dart board but more importantly, get a sharp set of darts. that's what they mean by sharp.

zhoutangclan
    zhoutangclan's Avatar Become A Pro!

My strategy usually is to be very conservative about which bets to make. I only make bets that I feel very confident about. Once I win a couple bets, I use the profit from the wins to make parlays and cross my fingers and hope for the best! Haha

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Hi!

My questions to you cappers out there. What is your best tip to get an edge? Is it to watch a lot of games? Grind stats? Flipping a coin?
    First off...NEVER listen to a guy named Seaweed....Second and most importantly never give jj Gold your rooster size

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

For normal bets, use bet size = $0. If you really like the bet, you can triple the bet size.

Noobnumber12

Wow! Thanks for all the great feedback guys!

@HotJerry
    Thanks alot man. Took your advice and going to track my plays for a month and not putting any real money in

ZedsDead
    ZedsDead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Just signed up myself and wondered the same. There are some great tips in this thread. Thanks everyone. Good luck!

Chong Wizard
    Chong Wizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Hookers and Blow that's how you become a winner

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

if you think capping your own games is the way to go you are fukked. market is efficient. every single worthless stat you can think of is baked into the price already.

if you do have a sport you think you can cap you must, must, must, must make your own number BEFORE checking the odds. openers are anchors so if it moves at all you will view value in relationship to the anchor. but what did the move do compared to your own number? if you are not making your own number you are fukked. making your own number, bet them, you will know if you can cap or not after about 250 plays.

derivatives

best number

reduced juice

arb

Will Book
    Will Book's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi!

This is not going to make any sense, but look at the lines and listen to sports news. After you have made your best picks, and I am talking about games that look like the book made a mistake setting the line, switch and play the other way. The press has a way of getting you on the wrong side as well. Sometimes you will see an article, for example, "why Chicago can't win today." But, Chi. is a 3.5 fav. to a team that was featured on Sun. nite that covered easy. TAKE CHI. - the pts. Most times they will cover. And, I did say most times b/c shit happens.

Playing like this puts you on the same side as the book, which is where you want to be. In short, bet like an idiot. This is hard to do, b/c it is counter intuitive. You are taking the teams everyone thinks are "for sure losers". If your bet doesn't hurt when you make it, it probably ain't a winner. Good luck.

I am not always right, but I am always sure.

Noobnumber12

Quote Originally Posted by Will Book View Post
    This is not going to make any sense, but look at the lines and listen to sports news. After you have made your best picks, and I am talking about games that look like the book made a mistake setting the line, switch and play the other way. The press has a way of getting you on the wrong side as well. Sometimes you will see an article, for example, "why Chicago can't win today." But, Chi. is a 3.5 fav. to a team that was featured on Sun. nite that covered easy. TAKE CHI. - the pts. Most times they will cover. And, I did say most times b/c shit happens.

Haha wow, never thought of anything like that! Not saying I will bet like that but sure will keep track wether it works or not!

Thanks again for all the awesome answers guys!

Playing like this puts you on the same side as the book, which is where you want to be. In short, bet like an idiot. This is hard to do, b/c it is counter intuitive. You are taking the teams everyone thinks are "for sure losers". If your bet doesn't hurt when you make it, it probably ain't a winner. Good luck.

I am not always right, but I am always sure

Haha wow, never thought about that! Will def see if I notice it happen!

Thanks again guys for all the awesome answers!
    Would love more people writing if you feel you have anything to bring!

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

fade line moves

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12515

I have won about $800 this season with the following method.
    I even saved it in my sportsbetting procedures so I have it nearby for
    next season. I never watch the games I bet, basketball not my thing. I
    go and spend my time playing poker after making my sportsbets.

The way I bet college basketball games is I look for a team favored to win a game by 9 to 16 points. I usually wait until 10 games of the season have been played. Then I look to see if the teams have played each other. Over 90 percent of the time that I bet on a game, the teams have already played each other and one of them has won by 11 to 22 points. If it is an away game I allow 10 points for home field advantage. Then I make my decision. For example, Connecticut won Temple their last meeting at home by 22 points. So tonight, they are playing Temple on the road, so I expect Connecticut to win tonight by 11 since I assume Temple has a 10 point home field advantage. Actual score tonight was Connecticut 68, Temple 55. You can see the same thing with my two other bets of the night, except they were home games. Georgia State won last meeting by 15 on the road, so I expect them to win by 15-25 points at home(10 extra points for a home game). Result, Georgia State won 75-60. UL-Lafayette, same thing. UL-Lafayette won last meeting by 15 on the road(or somewhere nears that, you get the idea), so I expect themto win by 15-25 points at home. Result, UL-Lafayette 78, Troy 63.
    Last edited by eberetta1; 02-22-14 at 09:47 PM.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

How much time do you have to invest? My best season of gambling ever was when I was capping full time. My wife left me and I was teaching school and didn't get a summer job. All I did all summer long was work out, cap baseball and watch games. So much fun. I won thousands and lost 45 lbs. I have never done as well but also have never put in as much time...

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    How much time do you have to invest? My best season of gambling ever was when I was capping full time. My wife left me and I was teaching school and didn't get a summer job. All I did all summer long was work out, cap baseball and watch games. So much fun. I won thousands and lost 45 lbs. I have never done as well but also have never put in as much time...
    That sounds like a perfect summer.

z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

Originally Posted by Smoke
    You gotta have the look first

Toupee
    Shades
    Snow hat
    Grey sweatshirt
    Sweatpants with hole in it

you forgot crooked teeth

DJayAce
    DJayAce's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    if you think capping your own games is the way to go you are fukked. market is efficient. every single worthless stat you can think of is baked into the price already.

if you do have a sport you think you can cap you must, must, must, must make your own number BEFORE checking the odds. openers are anchors so if it moves at all you will view value in relationship to the anchor. but what did the move do compared to your own number? if you are not making your own number you are fukked. making your own number, bet them, you will know if you can cap or not after about 250 plays.

derivatives

best number

reduced juice

arb
    Great advice right here ^

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

its a hard life buddy dont be fooled....

play the only sport ur great at and have that disipline...

then u might have a chance

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

I don't think you can teach someone how to win "your way" (unless they blindly tail your plays). Everyone just has to find their way in this thing, it could take months, years, for most people it never happens at all.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    I don't think you can teach someone how to win "your way" (unless they blindly tail your plays). Everyone just has to find their way in this thing, it could take months, years, for most people it never happens at all.
    good post....years and years!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Following 3 teams maybe in each major sport and just betting those games when you have an edge

Get to know those 3 teams inside and out

Thats a great tip kid

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    good post....years and years!
    I started out as a parlay/round robin guy... When I used to live in France. First of all it's almost impossible to win when you live in France because of ridiculous -125/-125 lines with pushes being LOSSES (just think about that for a second). Also I only bet soccer which is the only sport I followed at the time. I used to get on a run every now and then but bottom line is I was losing.

Now I live in England so can play with any book I want, never bet parlays except for fun with really small stakes, and rarely bet soccer... And I've finally started winning.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

nice job Seto, keep it going and goodluck...

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Agreed! When I lived in Germany I had a friend who "had" to play parlays...so I had to do everything in my power to keep him to Two plays trying to explain the chances of hitting it! The mark on my head is still there

First 123 Last