SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Denver hasnt played against a Defense like Seattles

Peyton is a great QB.HOF for sure but this defense of Seattle's will pressure manning with the pass rush.The Secondary is stacked with the legion of boom and Peyton doesn't like to be hit .See a lot of 3 and outs for Mr manning.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

I know I so wish that 49ers would have won. Seattle secondary is ruthless. Only chance is if Denvers defense come to play

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I think that it will be a great matchup. the top O vs the top D. couldn't ask for a better matchup and im a huge pats fan so this matchup has some consolation but I am still sour. lol

SubjectMatterExp
    SubjectMatterExp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 995

I'm anticipating Julius Thomas to have a huge game running short routes and threw the middle that Seattle d has to much to focus on in the outside with decker Thomas and welker coming across

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Maxwell wright Sherman and chanclor will have something to say on that

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

don't let your home team bias cloud your thinking when betting this game.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

This game is going to be a classic example of the argument "what wins Super Bowls, the best offense or the best defense". I like Seattle but I'm not sure if they can score enough points.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Cant wait for sherman to get beat for a TD

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Seattle also hasn't played against an offense like Denver's. It works both ways. Denver's offense was historically good.

xpress
    On lockdown
    xpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

seattle wins

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Seattle also hasn't played against an offense like Denver's. It works both ways. Denver's offense was historically good.

This is sums it up.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Not really because good defense stops good offense. That's why when these "#1 offense vs. #1 defense" matchups have taken place in the past, the defense has usually won. The phrase "Defense wins Championships" is not just a cliche, it was coined for a reason.

Now, what people are overlooking is how well the DENVER defense has played the last few weeks. If that wasn't a mirage and continues, Denver wins. If it reverts back to regular season form, Seattle wins.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Not really because good defense stops good offense. That's why when these "#1 offense vs. #1 defense" matchups have taken place in the past, the defense has usually won. The phrase "Defense wins Championships" is not just a cliche, it was coined for a reason.
    Technically it is just a cliche because it's not true anymore and hasn't been for 10+ years.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Stole my post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Here's one for ya. There were 8 teams that scored more points than Seattle this season. Seattle didn't play against any of them. In other words, they didn't face any of the top 8 scoring offenses. And obviously Denver was far and away the top offense.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

seahawkharry obvious going to bet seahawks every game regardless of what anyone says on this forum

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Seattle hasn't played offense like Denver

Should be a good game though

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Technically it is just a cliche because it's not true anymore and hasn't been for 10+ years.
    Of course it is, #1 defense has beaten #1 offense like 90% of the time head-to-head.

LT Profits

I wish I had a fast way to break out #1 offense vs. #1 defense in years past but I don't have rankings in my database. I do know that only once in Super Bowl history has a #1 offense beaten a #1 defense, but the caveat there was that the team that did it also had the #3 defense (one of the 49ers Montana teams). If I have a LOT of free time, I may try to work something up later.

julio_cat
    julio_cat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

I wish I had a fast way to break out #1 offense vs. #1 defense in years past but I don't have rankings in my database. I do know that only once in Super Bowl history has a #1 offense beaten a #1 defense, but the caveat there was that the team that did it also had the #3 defense (one of the 49ers Montana teams). If I have a LOT of free time, I may try to work something up later.
    A good example is the Super BOwl XX Bears against Patriots.

However, this won't be a slugfest like that. I expect a close game, Personally, I will play the under in Manningg's complete passes if it goes out around 26.

What Denver has and other #1 offenses don't is ball control.

Broncos' series are unusuallly long, which can be a factor against Seattle (Tiring the players)
    Also, the running game will be an important factor.

Another prop I like is Lynch's yards or carries, but I will wait until I see the numbers.

crazykind
    crazykind's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Here's one for ya. There were 8 teams that scored more points than Seattle this season. Seattle didn't play against any of them. In other words, they didn't face any of the top 8 scoring offenses. And obviously Denver was far and away the top offense.
    had they faced them, they would have knocked them out of the top 8 anyway

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Now, what people are overlooking is how well the DENVER defense has played the last few weeks. If that wasn't a mirage and continues, Denver wins. If it reverts back to regular season form, Seattle wins.
    Who has Denver played? the offensive powerhouses of HOU OAK SD NE TEN---I vote for mirage

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    ill take the greatest offense of all time anyday. going to be the classic "that was great defense but better offense."

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    Cant wait for sherman to get beat for a TD
    Demaryius is going to shit on Sherman. He isn't Crabtree in the slightest.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Those defensive numbers are skewed because of the 8 games seattle had at home with the crowd noise to their advantage

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Of course it is, #1 defense has beaten #1 offense like 90% of the time head-to-head.

No doubt about that but Chicago had a much better defense statistically then Indy in the 07 SB too. Jacksonville ran for like 350 yards on INdy that year but the Colts D got hot in the playoffs.....sort of like Denver right now. I've watched Denver all year and Knighton (Pot Roast) hasn't done anything close to last week! You give Rex Grossman 4.5 speed and he's Russ Wilson....very overrated imo! It will be a good game but if the weather is halfway decent then Denver wins imo.

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

It might be easy enough just looking at a couple past years:

49ers (Defense) vs. Ravens (Offense) - Ravens WIN
    NYG (DEF) vs. Patriots (Offense) - NYG WIN
    Steelers (DEF) vs. Packers (Offense) - Packers WIN
    Saints vs. Colts (both more Offensive teams but Saints more DEF) - Saints WIN
    Steelers (DEF) vs. Cardinals (Kurt Warner, fairly balanced) - Steelers WIN
    NYG (DEF) vs. Patriots (Offense) - NYG WIN <---your best argument that DEF wins out.
    Bears (DEF) vs. Colts (Offense) - Colts WIN <---strong argument of Offense coming out on top.

CONCLUSION BASED ON THE ABOVE: I have no clue

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Parligod View Post
    It might be easy enough just looking at a couple past years:

49ers (Defense) vs. Ravens (Offense) - Ravens WIN
    NYG (DEF) vs. Patriots (Offense) - NYG WIN
    Steelers (DEF) vs. Packers (Offense) - Packers WIN
    Saints vs. Colts (both more Offensive teams but Saints more DEF) - Saints WIN
    Steelers (DEF) vs. Cardinals (Kurt Warner, fairly balanced) - Steelers WIN
    NYG (DEF) vs. Patriots (Offense) - NYG WIN <---your best argument that DEF wins out.
    Bears (DEF) vs. Colts (Offense) - Colts WIN <---strong argument of Offense coming out on top.

CONCLUSION BASED ON THE ABOVE: I have no clue
    No I was talking about literally #1 defense vs. #1 offense. Has not happened that often, but when it has, defense is around 90% straight up.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

you and frostno should make a thread and you can discuss with each other why your teams are ultimately a lock to win.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Listen homer Seahawks will not win this game. If the NFL has to rig it like the last time Seattle went to the Superbowl they will. Remember? Big Ben with a passer rating of 2 beat u guys?? Don't watch the game. It's gonna suck for you.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Denver The Better All Around Team With All The Experience. None Of The Players On Seattle Roster Has Played In A Super Bowl That Will Be A Let In This Game Also. Peyton Manning And The BOys Should Win By Double Digits. Only Chance Seattle Has If A Bad Snow Storm Hits. San Fran Gave Them That Game. Terrible Throws By KaEp.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

If the weather is bad Seattle wins. If there is no wind and the weather is good then Denver is going to win. I think if the superbowl was in a dome Denver would be favorite by more.

Rangers901
    Rangers901's Avatar Become A Pro!

No I was talking about literally #1 defense vs. #1 offense. Has not happened that often, but when it has, defense is around 90% straight up.
    In how many of those situations was the #1 offense the greatest offense to ever take the field (at least statistically)

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Seattle hasn't seen an offense like Denver. Great offense always beats good defense. No country had won a war by playing defense.

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    No country had won a war by playing defense.
    that is some deep ass shit

12 Last