ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

0-14

Oregon, Ohio State, Iowa State, & Wisconsin were all undefeated on January 1st. They're now 0-14 combined since.

What in the fukk is going on here?

BradlyBear
    BradlyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

Thats a good bloody question. That should be pretty difficult to do

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Easy answer: #1 Ohio State is an overrated team and has been from the jump. Kraft is overrated, should be averaging 10-15 ppg but is not even close. Their Coach sucks, just sits there, makes substitutions and hopes his team wins. After 3 straight losses you go to Nebraska where the losing streak should end, you lose again. They are simple overrated! Nuff said. Oregon played one ranked team and lost (Colorado) also lost at home to Stanford and Cal. They simple suck and never should have been in the top 25. Wisky, is a solid team but is being exposed by teams similar to them. They Barely beat Iowa, lost at home to a good Michigan team, now the Minny loss and Indy loss really hurt. However they should be ranked and will turn it around. Iowa State just lost to three good teams, Oklahoma, KU and Texas. They are a top team and have beaten good teams already like Michigan, Iowa and Baylor. They obviously belong up there and are going to start a winning streak against K-State. So the bottom line is Ohio State and Oregon both suck and are overrated!!!!!!!!!!!

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Easy answer: #1 Ohio State is an overrated team and has been from the jump. Kraft is overrated, should be averaging 10-15 ppg but is not even close. Their Coach sucks, just sits there, makes substitutions and hopes his team wins. After 3 straight losses you go to Nebraska where the losing streak should end, you lose again. They are simple overrated! Nuff said. Oregon played one ranked team and lost (Colorado) also lost at home to Stanford and Cal. They simple suck and never should have been in the top 25. Wisky, is a solid team but is being exposed by teams similar to them. They Barely beat Iowa, lost at home to a good Michigan team, now the Minny loss and Indy loss really hurt. However they should be ranked and will turn it around. Iowa State just lost to three good teams, Oklahoma, KU and Texas. They are a top team and have beaten good teams already like Michigan, Iowa and Baylor. They obviously belong up there and are going to start a winning streak against K-State. So the bottom line is Ohio State and Oregon both suck and are overrated!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gotta hand it to you, this is a very adept summary. Don't disagree with anything except for the Craft thing maybe.

I despise the guy and I've sent Dan Dakich some hate mail via social media due to Dan's obsession with that kid. However, Craft is not a scorer, never has and never will be. He's not offensively gifted and most likely the correct term is he is truly challenged at scoring the ball. He is either 1st or 2nd in the nation in defensive win shares and is pretty outstanding in that regard, also solid with distribution of the ball. He's a poor man's TJ McConnell insofar as TJ isn't offensively defunct and is damn near identical as far as defense and distribution go.

But, seriously, don't ever stop hating on Craft. He deserves it and I hope OSU continues to flame out in such glorious fashion.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's parity there's no dominant teams anymore and any sport

Other then maybe college football

It's why handicapping is impossible

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

So Chalky, we fading the struggling Buckeyes tonight?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

I started playing college hoops around that time.

I started mushing them.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

regression to the mean in all 4 cases

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Good spot to slam the Quack Attack tonight

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

0-14 = The widest open March Madness in History.

That's why Buffett's Billion Dollar Perfect Bracket contest is in NO Jeopardy. Even he knows there is no effing way it can be done. Not this year. That's for sure.

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

And I've been burnt 5 times out of those losses. Two to Ohio State. I watched Oregon at Oregon State and I wouldn't bet money on those scrubs if they were playing a community college. They just aren't a team.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    So Chalky, we fading the struggling Buckeyes tonight?
    I try not to fukk with OSU. They're one of those teams that no matter the side, I lose.

Them, UCLA and someone else I am forgetting.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Too many turnovers in Oregons case and not rebounding for shit. Something they were doing much better before suspensions lifted

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Too many turnovers in Oregons case and not rebounding for shit. Something they were doing much better before suspensions lifted
    Yep. This right here is exactly right.

Chemistry got fukked quickly. They don't play defense, they don't commit to the effort it takes to rebound effectively which translates into losses.

They have a ton of talent.

Which, actually brings me up to my favorite angle this time of year. Teams will start falling apart right around conference play. They will be looking to put up stats to try and get a scouts attention over continuing to play team ball. If the team has a bunch of NBA hopefuls, team chemistry is going to take a dive.

jessetk313
    Update your status
    jessetk313's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree...Oregon Breaks out of their funk tonight. Washington is the perfect team for them. Washington doesn't play any defense either. Oregon wins this one boys!! Wisconsin will get back on track Saturday along with Iowa State and I think Ohio State's defense will always give them a chance as long as they can somehow figure out the offensive side of the ball quickly!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Oregon, Ohio State, Iowa State, & Wisconsin were all undefeated on January 1st. They're now 0-14 combined since.

What in the fukk is going on here?
    imagine if you had an open 14 team parlay where you faded all of them

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Yep. This right here is exactly right.

Chemistry got fukked quickly. They don't play defense, they don't commit to the effort it takes to rebound effectively which translates into losses.

They have a ton of talent.

Which, actually brings me up to my favorite angle this time of year. Teams will start falling apart right around conference play. They will be looking to put up stats to try and get a scouts attention over continuing to play team ball. If the team has a bunch of NBA hopefuls, team chemistry is going to take a dive.
    Was just opposite as I assumed. Thought they would struggle early due to suspensions and all the new transfers in starting lineup.

Luckily still time before we play AZ

jessetk313
    Update your status
    jessetk313's Avatar Become A Pro!

you like them tonight Vegas? Washington doesn't like to play much defense either.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by jessetk313 View Post
    you like them tonight Vegas? Washington doesn't like to play much defense either.
    Yes got them at -2.5. even as bad as Oregon has played I thought this would be -5