daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    florida state loses 5 underclassmen to the draft let alone the seniors who are finished with eligibility so we'll see just how good they are. these just some of the reasons it is so tough to repeat.

i have to say it's pretty insane to sit here right now and have much of an idea who the 4 teams will be that make the playoff in 2014.

last summer, NO ONE would have picked Auburn and Mich State in the final 4 for 2013 yet in the bcs rankings right after the conf title games, there was Aub at 2 and Mich State at 4.

aub had so many question marks going into 2013 after winning only 5 gms in 2012 and with a new coach, new qb, new schemes.

then there was mich state who had a great D but was miserable on O in 2012. they did not even know who their qb would be because andrew maxwell was so disappointing in the passing game 2012.

there were also lots of question marks about just how good Jameis Winston would be in his redshirt frosh year, so you would have seen plenty of people, probably more than 50% of people surveyed, who would have left FSU out of a final 4 if you had to pick them last summer.

that leaves just Bama, who was ranked 3 in the BCS rankings after the conf championship, as the only team that most people surveyed would have gotten right in a preseason final 4 pick for last season.

25% is not bad is it? of course it is.

one day people will realize that the more returning starters you have and the more preseason hype, the worst it usually is for you team. not always, but most of the time. the expectations are so high that your players start believing their own headlines and get complacent, and all it does is put a target on your back every time you play someone and you become their super bowl every road game. too much pressure.

aub and mich state just two examples of teams that finish in the top 4-5 every year that literally NO ONE has on their radar in the preseason rankings.

but carry on with your predictions for 2014, they are amusing at least.
    That's why they're predictions. They're fun. FSU lost, what, about 12 players last year to the draft? I've been saying all year they're an SEC team in the ACC and that's basically what they are now.

At least 1 SEC team will make it. The SEC will lose so many of their quarterbacks, it's going to be wide open. I think in the end you'll see at least one of Alabama, LSU, Auburn, South Carolina, Georgia in there. South Carolina plays Auburn which will be a huge game deciding who plays in the SEC CG. Georgia plays AU as usual but gets Arkansas from the West. Schedule wise, it sets up nicely for Georgia. The other huge game will be Alabama/Florida. Both teams should be 3-0 going into it. People are going to sleep on Florida...maybe rightfully so...but they will have a good defense as usual and if they can pull an upset in Tuscaloosa, they are in the middle of the final 4 talk too.

Oregon should be in the final 4, but they lay an egg somewhere almost every year. Assuming FSU, Oregon, SEC, that leaves the door open for a 1 loss Big 10 or Big 12 team. Yea...it's fun to talk about...nearly impossible to pick it right now though.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

dane you are right, it is fun to speculate, i was not trying to be an asshole so i'm sorry if it came off that way.

as for me i have no clue who will make the final 4 next season, too early to tell, need to see who comes out of spring and fall camp healthy

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Ohio 12-0 this year

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

what a joke of a schedule

if they lose 1 game its a horrible year

First 12