z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

Anti or pro Sherman.....Thoughts on the Shermanator

So I thought Sherman's antics were pretty low. But then I am a Niners fan.
    What do you think and what could he have done different?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

PRO---wish he was in the Natti playing for the Bengals...

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

I don't care.

Was it clever? Not really.

Was it enertaining? Hell yeah.

I guess I rather want to see things like that, than hearing the same "Yeah, we played good blahblahblah" shit everytime.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The more I watch that interview, the funnier that it gets.

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6672

he's unintentionally building his brand

WagerMafia
    WagerMafia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

He's a monkey with a football helmet. Funny anyone would think he'd give an articulate or respectful post game interview.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Bit overboard but honestly if any of you ever played competitive sports you would understand his actions more. Sometimes you get really hyped up in the moment.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

no opinion.

honestly the only thing i care about in sports is if i win my wagers.

��

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Pro-Sherman.

If you are the best at your position, you can say whatever the fukk you want.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I'm very pro sherman

But I think he's overrated and since he's now the face of the Seahawks D, they're also being overrated.

Which is great for Bronco backers!

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I can give him a heat of the moment pass. He's a professional football player and obviously psyches himself into the zone. On that occasion, immediately following a dramatic finish, he didn't get out of the zone and certainly did not live up to the off the field role model aspects of being a professional. But still, I think he deserves a pass.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

lol what's completely being overlooked is he did absolutely nothing that game.. other than tip a ball that was poorly thrown or he wouldn't of even had a chance to touch it.... such skill he has...

Most overrated player between revis and sherman, tough to pick hmm. Revis was a god at being overrated.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

I blame rap music........

bubblebuttluv

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    lol what's completely being overlooked is he did absolutely nothing that game.. other than tip a ball that was poorly thrown or he wouldn't of even had a chance to touch it.... such skill he has...

Most overrated player between revis and sherman, tough to pick hmm. Revis was a god at being overrated.
    Being shutdown is not called being overrated. Revis used to be shutdown as well. When you are shutdown that means two things: Qb's don't throw near you and you close off a whole segment of the field.

But since you say he did "absolutely nothing that game", let's look at some numbers. Sherman was defending Crabtree during the game and during the game Crabtree had 4 receptions off of 8 targets for a total of 52 yards with 22 yards coming off one play that caught the whole defense off guard. Crabtree also did not score a touchdown.

I would say Sherman did a damn good job against a serious Wide Receiver.

Come on, man.

Show the man some respect.

Revis is my favorite cornerback, but respect should be shown to Sherman.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Bubbles with the facts

brooks85

you just listed crabtree's number and why should I show respect to sherman again? That's not shutdown.

Then, factor in the td if kaepernick throws the ball where it should be which was the whole point. Any number of people sitting at home could have deflected that ball, it was thrown to the wrong guy lol

That's like saying the guy who made the first pick on kaepernick did a great job or made a great play. No he didn't, the QB made a bad play. There is a difference and it's essential to recognize for capping.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

VERY Pro Sherman

You WANT an animal on the field.

Who gives a shit about interviews or the lame media. She needs to be put in her place. It was awesome.

brooks85

if you're being objective with yourself on how the game ended, this video will be funny in context of the sherman interview and I won't have to explain why.

if you really want to get into how overrated seattle is in general we can dig in their schedule this year and all those top QBs and WRs they played against...
    Last edited by brooks85; 01-22-14 at 06:55 PM.

bubblebuttluv

you just listed crabtree's number and why should I show respect to sherman again? That's not shutdown.

Then, factor in the td if kaepernick throws the ball where it should be which was the whole point. Any number of people sitting at home could have deflected that ball, it was thrown to the wrong guy lol

That's like saying the guy who made the first pick on kaepernick did a great job or made a great play. No he didn't, the QB made a bad play. There is a difference and it's essential to recognize for capping.
    You just have an agenda against Sherman.

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 211

Certain players you just don't stick microphones in their face 10 secs after the last play.

Sherman is an educated buck, A shut down corner in this league is only second to a reliable QB. He's a dying breed.

brooks85

yeah he is real educated with that communication degree.

o the irony

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsOrLess View Post
    he's unintentionally building his brand
    i think sherman is intentionally building his brand.

Who is the only CB to still be a brand? Deion. How was Deion as a player? trash talker. prime time.

Then he has that beats commercial come out where the reporter as him about being a thug. That shit was filmed before this incident. I am not saying he anticipated such a firestorm, but he know the more he stands out and more he says will get him further.

Didn't his jersey sky rocket after his antics? Guy knows what he is doing.
    Points Awarded:

I/O gave antifoil 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Richard Sherman is not a thug. He's an asshole, straight up. Getting in people's faces when his team wins; sulking off the field and avoiding everyone when his team loses.... he acts like a privileged 15 year old. Just immature to the highest degree.

btw Deion Sanders rarely talked trash during games and shook hands/prayed with opponents post-game, win or lose. It's ok to get a little hype and competitive juices flowing pregame; after the game act like an adult and show some respect, win or lose.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    Richard Sherman is not a thug. He's an asshole, straight up. Getting in people's faces when his team wins; sulking off the field and avoiding everyone when his team loses.... he acts like a privileged 15 year old. Just immature to the highest degree.

btw Deion Sanders rarely talked trash during games and shook hands/prayed with opponents post-game, win or lose. It's ok to get a little hype and competitive juices flowing pregame; after the game act like an adult and show some respect, win or lose.
    Good post.

Deion was polished and an endorsement juggernaut. Sherman is not in his league in either skill or polish.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Pro-Sherman.

If you are the best at your position, you can say whatever the fukk you want.
    hell i guess you can say whatever you want no matter how good you are as long they put that mic in yo grill

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    i think sherman is intentionally building his brand.

Who is the only CB to still be a brand? Deion. How was Deion as a player? trash talker. prime time.

Then he has that beats commercial come out where the reporter as him about being a thug. That shit was filmed before this incident. I am not saying he anticipated such a firestorm, but he know the more he stands out and more he says will get him further.

Didn't his jersey sky rocket after his antics? Guy knows what he is doing.
    exactly . he is an attention whore and he will do anything to shift the focus of the game to himself instead of his teammates

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Sherman is a punk. Plain and simple. You don't ass tap a guy after you end his season and run around like a child with the "choke" symbol around your neck to the entire O-line. You act like a jack ass, don't be surprised when you are received as one. I'm sick of hearing how smart and intelligent this guy is either. Must be a swell guy if his college coach wants nothing to do with him. Guy plays with a chip on his shoulder and most that do are extremely insecure. You don't see Fitzgerald, AJ Green, Calvin Johnson acting like complete jack asses. Sherman is a professional, he should act like one.

As far as the "heat of the moment" argument I've been hearing. It's not like he tipped the pass, game over, Erin Andrews comes running after him and sticks a mic in his face. He did plenty of celebrating after the play. Ran up and down the field making his gestures, taunting, etc. There was the possession change, then the 49ers had to call two timeouts and there was an additional kneel down, all with him off the field. He got his NFC Champion t-shirt and hat. You're telling me Pete didn't tell him great play, or maybe calm the fukk down, we're going to the Superbowl? He had time to calm down...he chose not to. And if this guy is so smart, he should realize middle America probably doesn't enjoy being screamed at incoherently by a black guy with dreads who is scaring a pretty white lady.
    Points Awarded:

NolaDrewDats gave El Nino 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    exactly . he is an attention whore and he will do anything to shift the focus of the game to himself instead of his teammates
    yep that's why he went for the interception instead of tipping the ball to a teammate to seal the game for their team.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    yep that's why he went for the interception instead of tipping the ball to a teammate to seal the game for their team.
    He was falling backwards because he was off balance and out of position for the interception. He made the only play he could. It was an outstanding play as his teammates were the only ones in the area to possibly catch the tip. You honestly believe he wouldn't have picked that himself if he could?

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

yeah he is real educated with that communication degree.

o the irony
    Where did you graduate from chief?

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post

Really?

21. Deion Sanders

Sport: Football
    Prime Time was the first of his kind, a new breed of DB and NFL star. He could talk with the best of them, he could back it up on the field, but there just was this flare about him that plenty of dudes have tried to jock since. Deion became the Prime Time persona where he would go out on the field and make you look like a high schooler, all while utterly degrading you with his words and two-steps. There's no surprise he's become a successful analyst for NFL network, Sanders is too good of an elocutionist not to be on TV.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/0...ash-talkers-21

Number 9

Deion Sanders

Widely recognized as the greatest NFL cornerback of all time, Prime Time was a hot-dogging showboat with some of the slickest skills in the business. In his spare time, Neon Deion was an exceptional baseball player. As a shut-down cornerback, Deion Sanders was one of football’s most gifted physical specimens and one of the biggest trash talkers in the sport. He was so gifted, as a player and trash talker, that he kept himself involved in the game by barking at his opponents the entire time. Then, after distracting the attacking wide receiver, Sanders would intercept the quarterback and gracefully high-step his way down the sideline for a defensive touchdown. And that’s when the trash talking would really kick into high gear.

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/sports_...ness_list.html
    Points Awarded:

Parligod gave I/O 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

4.1 gpa..... stanford graduate getting his master's degree, a thug? lol

was peyton a thug when he called one of his teammates a 'drunken idiot' and threatened to have him kicked off the team? at least sherman was bad-mouthing an opponent and not a teammate. was bart scott a thug when he called out a bunch of people including keyshawn during his infamous jets-patriots post game interview?

the one i really wanted to bitch-slap during that interview was erin andrews. the way she was making faces, rolling her eyes and being confrontational/sarcastic before cutting him off. what could have been an awesome interview those stupid bitches at fox ruined it. just like they are ruining cbb broadcasts.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Sherman is a punk. Plain and simple. You don't ass tap a guy after you end his season and run around like a child with the "choke" symbol around your neck to the entire O-line. You act like a jack ass, don't be surprised when you are received as one. I'm sick of hearing how smart and intelligent this guy is either. Must be a swell guy if his college coach wants nothing to do with him. Guy plays with a chip on his shoulder and most that do are extremely insecure. You don't see Fitzgerald, AJ Green, Calvin Johnson acting like complete jack asses. Sherman is a professional, he should act like one.

As far as the "heat of the moment" argument I've been hearing. It's not like he tipped the pass, game over, Erin Andrews comes running after him and sticks a mic in his face. He did plenty of celebrating after the play. Ran up and down the field making his gestures, taunting, etc. There was the possession change, then the 49ers had to call two timeouts and there was an additional kneel down, all with him off the field. He got his NFC Champion t-shirt and hat. You're telling me Pete didn't tell him great play, or maybe calm the fukk down, we're going to the Superbowl? He had time to calm down...he chose not to. And if this guy is so smart, he should realize middle America probably doesn't enjoy being screamed at incoherently by a black guy with dreads who is scaring a pretty white lady.
    I'm not gonna try to defend what Sherman did, but it could be put into better perspective, especially all that happened that moment and right after.

If you are gonna go on a long story about what happened, at least include everything.

Both players were miked up. BOTH were miked up all game and supposedly said nothing to each other. No, they don't like each other. Sherman made the play, did celebrate, stopped, got up, and he could be heard saying "Great game. Great game" to Crabtree. Yes, he did tap him on the ass. But Crabtree then jacked him in the facemask.

Many players follow their twitter accounts rather closely. I don't know if he was told or he saw it, but he was getting a lot of credit on twitter and catching a lot of crap. By the time he talked to Erin Whore, he may have handled it better. He did make it about himself. He didn't kill Kennedy so all you guys can get off your fukin soap boxes.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who cares

Just a typical black guy
    We laugh at them

Good player
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikeya2k

123 Last