I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Good post.

Deion was polished and an endorsement juggernaut. Sherman is not in his league in either skill or polish.
    you can't compare the two

Deon couldn't tackle his grandmother and today's receivers are far more talented and the game is far more offensive based. Sherman just started playing. He could have a far longer way to go in his career.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

peyton the thug....

JoshuaCarnahan
    JoshuaCarnahan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Pro-Sherman.

If you are the best at your position, you can say whatever the fukk you want.
    If your the best you don't have to say anything....actions speak louder than words yes? His actions showed us who he really is, and not someone I would want to call a sports hero for anyone

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    Where did you graduate from chief?

OSU but that's not relevant, you should be asking what did I major?

Community college has degrees that are far more difficult than communication from Stanford or any school for that matter. Communication lol, honestly the irony is amazing but, of course, no one will mention it on ESPN. Don't want to be "racist" for stating facts.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Liked him more before he tried to play the race card.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

adrenaline is a powerful drug. Any elite athlete has said and done things under the influence. Some of it you can't even remember until u are shown or told it later. Just sayin...

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    The more I watch that interview, the funnier that it gets.

that was the first thing I thought of when I heard this interview, this is all media whoring 101

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    you can't compare the two

Deon couldn't tackle his grandmother and today's receivers are far more talented and the game is far more offensive based. Sherman just started playing. He could have a far longer way to go in his career.
    True, He was a poor tackler. But even late in his career, his 2nd career after MLB, he was the best one on one cover guy in league history and probably the best return man or certainly one of the best.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    I'm not gonna try to defend what Sherman did, but it could be put into better perspective, especially all that happened that moment and right after.

If you are gonna go on a long story about what happened, at least include everything.

Both players were miked up. BOTH were miked up all game and supposedly said nothing to each other. No, they don't like each other. Sherman made the play, did celebrate, stopped, got up, and he could be heard saying "Great game. Great game" to Crabtree. Yes, he did tap him on the ass. But Crabtree then jacked him in the facemask.

Many players follow their twitter accounts rather closely. I don't know if he was told or he saw it, but he was getting a lot of credit on twitter and catching a lot of crap. By the time he talked to Erin Whore, he may have handled it better. He did make it about himself. He didn't kill Kennedy so all you guys can get off your fukin soap boxes.
    If you want to shake hands and say good game, you do it after the game like everyone else does. I highly doubt Sherman had honest intentions by saying good game and doing the butt slap right after the play was done. That's a move to show up your opponent, not show respect. I don't blame Crabtree for what he did. I wouldn't have blamed one of the 49er O-line man if he dropped Sherman either after he ran past them grabbing his throat either. His actions show you his intent. He is a punk.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    OSU but that's not relevant, you should be asking what did I major?

Community college has degrees that are far more difficult than communication from Stanford or any school for that matter. Communication lol, honestly the irony is amazing but, of course, no one will mention it on ESPN. Don't want to be "racist" for stating facts.
    I hope this applies for Peyton Manning's communication degree as well.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

THIS video alone proves Crabtree was the instigator in the post game tirade. As always, when only half a story is put forth people and the media jump to conclusions without seeing it in context. Video of them mic's up shows Sherman knew they'd try him on the play...he says it...then once the tip/pick is over he runs up to Crabtree saying "great game great game" hand out....Crabtree smacks Sherman in the helmet and walks away.

Now who's the asshole here?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...videos_sherman

crazykind
    crazykind's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

As a Seattle resident, i am used to my favorite professional sports teams being called soft...its refreshing to be considered arrogant instead for once

Sherman is a gregarious dude who has fun playing the game - he does a ton for the community too, a few months ago he showed up unannounced to a local high school in the ghetto with new cleats for the whole football team...he was a WR 4 years ago, his journey to the top of the DB world is amazing and no doubt due in large part to his extreme belief in himself, which comes off as arrogance especially in the heat of the moment...3 seahawks jerseys are among the top 10 bestsellers in the NFL, never would have thought that would happen - proves there is no such thing as bad publicity

That said, I'd love to hate him if he played for a seattle rival

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i'm a big fan. he talks the talk and walks the walk.

people made fun of him, including me, when he said he's the best cb in the league couple years back.

now the joke's on us since he is the unanimous best cb in the league.

people saying he's a typical black athlete, a typical thug, a typical ghetto black guy from the hood, can't be more wrong.

sherman knows what he's doing. he's a smart dude. don't get it twisted.

in just couple weeks, even the people that don't know about football know sherman.

we now have villain in sherman and the hero in peyton.

this is gonna be one of the most watched super bowl in history.

it's gonna be great!!!

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Guy is a fool hope he can run his mouth after manning has put up 400 yds

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

You can get den -1 first downs for -110. That should tell you all you need to know.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Who cares

Just a typical black guy
    We laugh at them

Good player
    that's racist

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    THIS video alone proves Crabtree was the instigator in the post game tirade. As always, when only half a story is put forth people and the media jump to conclusions without seeing it in context. Video of them mic's up shows Sherman knew they'd try him on the play...he says it...then once the tip/pick is over he runs up to Crabtree saying "great game great game" hand out....Crabtree smacks Sherman in the helmet and walks away.

Uh.......Sherman!

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by crazykind View Post
    As a Seattle resident, i am used to my favorite professional sports teams being called soft...its refreshing to be considered arrogant instead for once

Sherman is a gregarious dude who has fun playing the game - he does a ton for the community too, a few months ago he showed up unannounced to a local high school in the ghetto with new cleats for the whole football team...he was a WR 4 years ago, his journey to the top of the DB world is amazing and no doubt due in large part to his extreme belief in himself, which comes off as arrogance especially in the heat of the moment...3 seahawks jerseys are among the top 10 bestsellers in the NFL, never would have thought that would happen - proves there is no such thing as bad publicity

That said, I'd love to hate him if he played for a seattle rival
    If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck......it probably is a duck. Sherman is an A-hole. He's not the first guy in the NFL to come from a tough neighborhood, or the first to graduate from a good school, or the first to give back to the community. It's all actually more part of the norm than people think. And yeah, he went and played the race card. As soon as people disapprove of his classless act, he says it's racist. Yeah, right! If it were Wes Welker or any other white player saying those same things, he would've been vilified too......probably worse. Sherman will turn this crap into marketing $$. By all rights, Seattle should be the crowd favorite in this game--great season, great fans, great coaching, great young QB, great city starved for a championship, but due to Sherman-The-Big-Mouth almost the entire country will be rooting for Denver. People love to see bullies/D-bags get punched in the mouth.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Lol. Guy is supposed to be preparing for Manning he's Holding a press conference playing the victim. Thug new N word? Might be so but that shouldn't be on his mind this week.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

He's not a thug, just an immature loud mouth jerkoff. Got punched in the face and didn't do shit. Some people argue that's respectable but if you run your mouth then get smacked and don't do shit, that's sad.

Ramster
    Ramster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Sorry to burst hawks fan bubble - Sherman will be a non-factor in SB.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post

I love how this somehow proves that Sherman is a good guy and it was Crabtree's fault or whatever other nonsense. Instead of celebrating with his team, he sprints over to say something. Doesn't matter what he said, it was sarcastic and rubbing it in.

crazykind
    crazykind's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

For those who say the pass would have been caught if Kap threw it better, go watch the replay again...crabtree pushed sherman in the back or sherman would have picked it off clean, as he said himself

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

ask any nfl team if they wants someone like sherman on their teams.

every fukking one of the team would say, "HELLS MOTHA FUKKING YES!!!!"

none of you degenerates thinking you're on some high moral grounds don't matter.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Haha, Sherman surprisingly hugs Erin Andrews just seconds before the interview. Sherman looked like he completely stage this sh1t.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

He had just broken up the game winning TD like 15 seconds before being interviewed so the guy was pretty jacked up.

ericool007
    ericool007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3953

Pro-Sherman

Sure he is an asshole but who cares he makes the game more entertaining with his antics you have to remember Ninety-nine percent of on-field interviews are boring. The TV networks do them anyway for that 1 percent of the time they get a moment like they did with Sherman.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Glad someone made a thread about him.

At first I thought it was absurd. Kind of idiotic.

But, honestly... has any WR ever got the best of Sherman? The guy does shut you down. So, his antics are justified. The guy is good.

If he was just some dude who got beat constantly on any kind of WR route... then I would say shut your mouth Sherm... you weak. But, he is the best.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

He could not hold all that adrenaline back after being the decider of the NFC championship....

It was Erin Andrews's fault

needs to be fired

All seasoned reporters know to interview less emotional adrenalized players/coaches first.......

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Big fan of Sherman. Think he is the best CB in the game. Love his physical style of play.

As far as I am concerned, the world needs more "thugs" like Richard Sherman.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

What is not to like. People complain about athletes having boring interviews, and then someone finally has an interview worth listening to and everyone freaks out. Can't remember the last time I heard a memorable player interview.

Sherman is the best corner in the NFL. And he is actually very intellegent. 3.9 GPA at Stanford.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...Crabtree-clash

Sound FX of Sherman vs Crabtree. Afterwards you can see him go up to Crabtree and he sounded sincere when he said "Hell of a game."

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

As a 49ers fan I want to hate the guy. When I first saw the interview after the game I thought he was an absolute jerk. However after learning how it all unfolded I think it's more of a situation where he meant to be friendly and then just blew up/got angry after seeing how things played out. This is what I saw on that last drive...

Kaepernick said he saw the 1-on-1 matchup and went for it. Sherman played good coverage though he was slightly beat in the endzone and Kaep should've thrown deeper so that either Crabtree could've caught it or it just goes out of bounds (Kaep also mentioned this regret in his post-game interview). That Crabtree pushed off is weak because they were both playing physical and the refs were correct in just letting these 2 play the down without flagging. Sherman tips the ball to his teammate and game over. Sherman seemed sincere when he ran over, hand extended, and said "Hell of a game, hell of a game" to Crabtree. Trouble is, with Sherman's history most people would take his actions as taunting and even a ref walking behind them saw Crabtree shove Sherman's face and did nothing. Sherman looks at the ref and gets no call, now he gets pissed and does his choke sign with his hands. NOW the ref calls the personal foul unsportsmanlike conduct (there's the Sherman we all know right?). Sherman heads off the field pissed now because: (1) he got shoved in the face; and (2) HE ends up getting the PF called against him. So now he's ready to let loose during the interviews and he does. Media makes a s**tstorm over it and Sherman/Seahawks play damage control so they can move forward and focus on the Super Bowl. Basically the whole thing was a series of unfortunate events on both sides. I think he was being genuine but his timing was absolutely terrible...he should've waited til after the game and had the common sense to realize that just because he's ready to shake hands it doesn't mean the WR whose Super Bowl hopes you destroyed may not yet be ready for gentle butt-slaps.

Other miscellaneous points:
    1. Crabtree is not a sorry or mediocre receiver. He plays on a team that ranks almost dead-last in NFL average snaps per game. They play controlled tempo and that impacts his straight stats per game. He is very capable with fantastic hands and is able to run all types of routes effectively.
    2. Sherman is one of the top CBs in the game. He has a hell of a work ethic and great analysis on studying QB tendancies as he preps. Him and his teammates also practice that ball-tipping all the time. That last play was no fluke. He also has said before that a good CB isn't a shut-down CB but one who baits the QB into throwing their way by showing what the QB wants to see and then getting the jump on the ball to make big plays. Also Crabtree's 52 yards last Sunday wasn't all against Sherman. The hawks tend to keep the CBs playing one specific side the entire game because they have that much faith in them. Crabtree ran multiple routes from different spots that game which is pretty standard for him.
    3. Sherman's "antics" following the 49ers game were genuine. Guys come on he wasn't doing it for some long-term persona/image to increase his fame and endorsements.
    4. Sherman is a very hard-working and intelligent person. He graduated 2nd highest in his high school class and graduated Stanford with 3.9 (?) GPA. He works his butt off in whatever he does. He has an awesome understanding of NFL strategies IMO above and beyond even most other standard NFL players. In fact much of his abilities simply rests in his reads on the field not just his athletic abilities. Unfortunately for him, he didn't quite get that message across to the world on Sunday evening. And last but not least...
    5. Sherman is still an a$$hole. Personally I think he has social issues and he is definitely insecure about himself. I think that's why he comes out so aggressively towards other people and the reason he is so defensive (verbally) off the field. I think he's got heart, but he needs to understand and relate to people better. Otherwise he'll keep clashing in situations like this even where he meant to come off being friendly. If he matures as a person I think there's hope for him - much like the Grinch growing a heart I hope Sherman can shrink his a$$hole.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That video was classic

He was fine

Blown way out of proportion

Blacks big on giving them respect, crabtree did not

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    If you want to shake hands and say good game, you do it after the game like everyone else does. I highly doubt Sherman had honest intentions by saying good game and doing the butt slap right after the play was done. That's a move to show up your opponent, not show respect. I don't blame Crabtree for what he did. I wouldn't have blamed one of the 49er O-line man if he dropped Sherman either after he ran past them grabbing his throat either. His actions show you his intent. He is a punk.
    It's real easy to decipher his real intentions. Just go to the videotape of how many times he's gotten into the face of opponents when the Seahawks lose the game, or how many times he's congratulated the opposing receiver when his team loses. I'll bet it's zero.

It's funny to me that he's referred to as a 'thug'. If anything he acts like a 15 year old white spoiled rich kid. Falsely magnanimous in victory, a crybaby in defeat.

First 123 Last