ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Notre Dame has contacted Nick Saban!!!

They are making the trip to Tuscaloosa this week!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

At ND you cannot lie and cheat and get dumb killers into school

ND gets the pretty boy blacks that are fairly edcuated and they cannot excel

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Fukk why would anyone want to leave a top notch program only to go to a disaster? PASS

koby25
    koby25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Deuce

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brian Kelly is their next coach.

tullamore
    tullamore's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Fukk why would anyone want to leave a top notch program only to go to a disaster? PASS

Ego, they want to be the one to turn ND around.

ND needs to relax their academic standards if they want to compete with the southern schools

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

true that

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Its going to take more than relaxing of academic standards to compete with southern schools. They would have to relocate ND to the south in order to compete with southern schools. The southern boys stay true to their roots and play for southern teams for the most part.

TomDwan
    I Am Now a Star..
    TomDwan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This story is so far fetched it isn't even funny.

ElCapitan
    ElCapitan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Does anyone else remember when going to college was about getting an education and there weren't talks of "relaxing academic standards"? Getting accepted to Notre Dame is a pretty good accomplishment in itself and should not be cheapened by trying to become another NFL factory.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

another ZBOIZ inside info????

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
    Does anyone else remember when going to college was about getting an education and there weren't talks of "relaxing academic standards"? Getting accepted to Notre Dame is a pretty good accomplishment in itself and should not be cheapened by trying to become another NFL factory.
    they just need them to doctor the test scores like when holtz was there. Ricky Waters couldn't spell cat.

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Don't be surprised if they hire the guy from Northwestern......young guy that has been recruiting at a tough university with a very good football mind.

Also don't forget about Jim Harbaugh over at Stanford.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

harbaugh already said no to michigan so im sure its no to notre dame as well.

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Michigan isn't Notre Dame...there is much more Prestige there. He knows how to recruit with tough academic standards....it would make sense.

aguy
    aguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 153

There's no way Saban leaves Alabama for ND

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by AMBlai01 View Post
    Michigan isn't Notre Dame...there is much more Prestige there. He knows how to recruit with tough academic standards....it would make sense.
    why would he want the Notre dame job over Michigan when hes an michigan alumni . Why would he want to leave stanford for Notre dame?? let see how that worked out for TY willingham. Its not going to happen.

ZBOIZ

Rumor: Nick Saban Contacted For The Notre Dame Job

by Todd Carlton

Contributor Written on November 23, 2009

Gregory Shamus/Getty Images
    In a somewhat shocking turn of events Coach Nick Saban of the University of Alabama has been contacted by
    officials from Notre Dame according to an anonymous official.
    According to the source Notre Dame is emphatically interested acquiring Coach Saban and will be traveling to Tuscaloosa this week with a blank check.
    "Notre Dame has found a coach that has a proven track record of turning once proud programs back into the powerhouses that they were accustomed too"
    After talking with my source I really wasn't all that surprised to hear that Saban's name was being tossed into the mix at the most notable football program in the history of college football. I mean, they were right. Nick Saban might just be the best coach in the country. But what did shock me was the conversation that followed...
    My source spoke with President Jenkins and AD Jack Swarbrick who both commented that they felt Nick Saban was the right hire and would NOT turn them down. When asked for some clarification President Jenkins smiled and said, "We have an ace up our sleeve".
    Well now my curiosity was really peaked...what was this "ace"?
    President Jenkins took me by the shoulder and as we walked away by ourselves he said "We want him to be the Leprechaun".
    I jumped back a little in total shock, thinking of course that he was joking. Well, he wasn't.
    His plan seems well deceived in that he will ask that Nick Saban wear the Leprechaun suit WHILE he coaches on the sideline. He said, "We already know about his language problems and he obviously has the stature for such a position...could there possibly be a better Leprechaun Coach?"
    At that instant I had to step back in somewhat of an "awe"...he was right. More right than anyone has been in quite some time up in South Bend.
    Could Alabama be coachless for the Iron Bowl this week? Could Nick Saban be known as Coach Little Nicholas by weeks end? Who knows....?
    But I do know it's Iron Bowl week!

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    There's no way Saban leaves Alabama for ND

if they throw the money at Saban he is gone!

ZBOIZ

It's also reported that NICK SABAN is INTERESTED in the Notre Dame job and Notre Dame will offer him a blank check so he can restore there program like he did Alabama!

http://forums.tidesports.com/eve/for...5/m/9221062449

teaserpleaser

Z you think he would take that job? it would take at least 2 Saban recruiting classes to get the irish up to speed on Defense at least its bad.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

ZBOIZ , 25 : 1 Nick stays at Alabama. Any amount you want to put up at matchbook

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Z you think he would take that job? it would take at least 2 Saban recruiting classes to get the irish up to speed on Defense at least its bad.

It don't take Saban long to revamp a defense. It's no so much of the talent it's the scheme he run.

It don't take that much talent to play defense it takes smarts. Now you need talent and skill players on offense.

teaserpleaser

I hope he takes the job now ... Uconn looked faster then the Notre dame defense ....Navy's fullback broke a 25 yarder for a TD its a mess z. safetys are so slow i know its the irish and all but come on. theres more then scheme going on at bama,those guys can run!! all tall lean and fast.

teaserpleaser

^^^when i say tall,lean, and fast im talking about the bama DBs not mt cody and the front

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I will believe it when I see it. This is nothing but a false rumor,probably planted by some Auburn fanatic, to try and distract Alabama and Sabin from the job at hand. Some people will buy any rumor.

It works like this. A guy cheats on his wife and get caught. So they divorce and the guy marries the girl that he was cheating with. Then he cheats on her. Why should his new wife be suprised that he cheated on her, when he met her by cheating on his old wife. This is Nick Saban and coaching jobs, if this rumor is true. Why would Notre Dame be stupid enough to believe that he would not change jobs when he has such a long track history of jumping from job to job? Ofcourse Notre Dame was stupid enough to give Charlie that rediculous bonus and contract, so I guess anything is possible for the Irish, except beating USC.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

My thoughts: If Saban were to accept, besides the boat load of cash, he probably would have gotten a guarentee from the school that the admission standards for the athletes he wants to recruit be lowered. Remember, back in the late 80's, early 90's when the Irish would play the U, the Catholics vs Convicts? Now the Catholics will turn into the Convicts. ND might "seel their soul" to become a DI powerhouse again. And with the huge tv contract of NBC, and the BCS tie in they may have to. The ironey of it all.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Can't Saban stay in 1 place????

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    It don't take Saban long to revamp a defense. It's no so much of the talent it's the scheme he run. It don't take that much talent to play defense it takes smarts. Now you need talent and skill players on offense.
    Zboiz, I have never flamed you but I will most certainly do so here. This is the most ignorant statement I have ever seen on here. It is the exact opposite of what you think.

First, it is a general rule that as a coach you put your most athletic players on defense. Go ask your local coach this one. Offensive players know what they are supposed to do. Defensive players have to react with athleticism to that action. The higher the level you go, the more athletic they are on the defensive side of the ball. It is also given that defensive backs (particularly corners)are the most athletic on the field by far. Try covering Moss, Fitz, Johnson etc when they know what route they are running and you don't which is why it takes the most physical gifted athletes to play defense. They have to be faster and stronger to be able to jam and run. Most of the time, the corners have the best 40, best shuttle time, highest vertical, and pound for pound are the strongest players on the team. Notice how teams take some of their corners and let them play receiver (Champ Bailey, Deion Sanders, Charles Woodson) but never the other way around.
    It is another general rule by coaches that you take the guys that don't have the talent to play defensive line and make them offensive linemen. Defensive linemen get double teamed and never know which way they will get blocked so they have to be physically superior. They are stronger, quicker, faster.
    The most important person on Alabama's defense is the shade nose or 1 technique who is responsible for both A gaps. His 3-4 defense is dependent on Cody's ability alone to stuff 2 gaps which makes it basically equal to playing with 12 on defense. He is totally dependent on his physical ability. He basically just holds his ground and anchors. It not only being obvious with anyone with defensive background, I have personally heard this straight out of his mouth as well. Don't forget, he went and got Cody right away out of junior college.
    As an SEC fan, you should know the reason it is the best conference is because of the athletic ability of the defenses as shown in last years Nat. Ch. game where Oklahoma's line had trouble all night against that athletic defensive front of Florida. That offense wasn't used to that.

2nd, offensive schemes take more brain power because they involve multiple plays out of multiple formations with everything from the steps players take to the snap of the football in precise timing in order to beat simple basic base defenses. Defenses are quit simple. There are a few basic defenses you play against your opponent. They just disguise coverage and responsibilities presnap. A defensive coordinator has some stunts or slants but his responsibilities are basically to have every gap covered for the run while making sure each receiver is accounted for (through zone, man, or a combo coverage) the pass.
    Basically a defensive line player wants to stay in his gap and react to run or pass. LBers are responsible for their gap, playing run first and dropping into their zone on pass.
    A defensive coach wants his players to NOT have to think. He wants to keep it simple so they an just react and use their athleticism.

The positions on defense needing the most brains are the middle linebacker and the free safety because they make the calls and adjustments. On offense, the center calls the blocking assignments and must know all of the offensiveline responsibilities. One miscalled assignment or protection and it could end the QBs life. The O-line also has to know how to block each play from each formation against every defensive front. I will not go much into QB as this should be quite obvious. He has to know all of the protections, blocking assignments, all WRs routes, while deciphering defensive coverages presnap and during it.
    Teams like Navy and Notre Dame use scheme and brains to win on offense but have trouble stopping physically better teams. Trust me, their defensive players are smart.

When it comes to athletic ability, Jamarcus Russell would run circles around Peyton Manning. When it comes to thinking, I would not let Russell be responsible for taking out my trash. This is the reason Peyton is the best and Jamarcus the worst at their position.
    Dallas' old Roy Williams was a smart player but didn't have the physical skills to cover anybody.

I can tell you in all my years of coaching and playing at different levels that it isn't even close: the higher the level, the more discrepancy in what it takes mentally and physically on that particular side.

Average NFL Wonderlic scores by position (notice the positions of the first 5):

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Z, tell the truth. Saban going to ND is what you WANT to happen so that LSU can sniff ATL again. Not happening.

ZBOIZ

The Seer

Thats not true in most points and here's why!

Most safeties and corners are moved from WR to defense because of there inability to excel at the WR position. To be honest no one wants to play defense when you first start football but you get moved there due to your inability on the offensive end!

Now once you are moved to the defensive side of the ball it's up to you to learn the defensive instincts as a player!

Nick Saban does it all the time! He recruit WR in highschool and move them to the defensive side of the ball. Laron Landry was a high-school QB and WR, and Saban moved him to safety!
    Last edited by ZBOIZ; 11-25-09 at 03:38 PM.

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Z, tell the truth. Saban going to ND is what you WANT to happen so that LSU can sniff ATL again. Not happening.
    Saban wont sniff ATL again after this year for a while with his front 7 leaving on defense

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I will believe it when I see it. This is nothing but a false rumor,probably planted by some Auburn fanatic, to try and distract Alabama and Sabin from the job at hand. Some people will buy any rumor.

It works like this. A guy cheats on his wife and get caught. So they divorce and the guy marries the girl that he was cheating with. Then he cheats on her. Why should his new wife be suprised that he cheated on her, when he met her by cheating on his old wife. This is Nick Saban and coaching jobs, if this rumor is true. Why would Notre Dame be stupid enough to believe that he would not change jobs when he has such a long track history of jumping from job to job? Ofcourse Notre Dame was stupid enough to give Charlie that rediculous bonus and contract, so I guess anything is possible for the Irish, except beating USC.

It very well could be a rumor but it makes a lot of sense to me. Saban is known for the fact that if you bring the check book he'll come drewling right behind it!

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    The Seer Thats not true in most points and here's why! Most safeties and corners are moved from WR to defense because of there inability to excel at the WR position. To be honest no one wants to play defense when you first start football but you get moved there due to your inability on the offensive end! Now once you are moved to the defensive side of the ball it's up to you to learn the defensive instincts as a player! Nick Saban does it all the time! He recruit WR in highschool and move them to the defensive side of the ball. Laron Landry was a high-school QB and WR, and Saban moved him to safety!
    Z, I will put my experience as a player and coach and knowledge of football up against yours anyday of the week and twice on Sunday. I actually have talked to both Saban and Miles which I can post proof of with pictures with both. I know their philosophies. You are so wrong on this you have NO IDEA. The mere fact is ANY coach with any competency will tell you the same thing, PERIOD. You don't want defensive players to think, you want them to react and they have to be able to do that with superior athletic ability to have a chance. You put them in the right position to make a play and count on them doing it. I've already provided you with test scores from the NFL. UNreal.

ZBOIZ

wel seer no doubt you probably have met those guys but I know football just as well as you do. And I have never met Miles or Saban but I did meet some of Saban staff when they came down here and recruited my nephew to play running back at Alabama. And like I say if you get a chance to talk to Saban ask him were does most of the secondary on a defense come from. He will tell you from the offensive side of the ball. They take the ones that or not producing well and put them on the defensive side of the ball. Even Patterson does it at TCU! Thats why there defense is full of speed. Hell thats the key difference in the SEC! Most of your defensive players in the SEC played on the offensive side of the ball! Another example is cornerback at LSU now Chris Hawkins he played running back in highschool.

Oh yea and for the people who think I strongly hate bama my nephew chose Bama and he's red shirting now at running back!

123 Last