The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Zboiz, they play everything on both sides in high school because they are better athletes than everyone else.
    Notice Spurries says talent not brains.
    SEC is tough up front

Mike Detillier Sports Correspondent Published: Saturday, July 4, 2009 at 10:32 p.m.
    Last Modified: Saturday, July 4, 2009 at 10:32 p.m.
    A couple of years ago at the Southeastern Conference Media Days, South Carolina head football coach Steve Spurrier said the difference between the SEC and the rest of college football is superior talent on SEC defenses.

“No conference plays defense like the Southeastern Conference does, year in and year out,” Spurrier said. “The talent on defense, especially up-front, is better than anything you will find in another conference.”
    Spurrier’s words are proven truthful when we look at the starting defensive linemen in the NFL.
    While numbers will change during training camp, the SEC leads in projected starters at defensive end and defensive tackle in the NFL.
    Derrick Burgess (Mississippi State), Jamal Anderson (Arkansas), Antwan Odom (Alabama), John Abraham (South Carolina), Shaun Ellis, Robert Ayers and Leonard Little (Tennessee), Tyson Jackson, Marcus Spears and Glenn Dorsey (LSU), Jevon Kearse, Derrick Harvey and Alex Brown (Florida) and Richard Seymour, Charles Grant, Robert Geathers and Phillip Daniels (Georgia), make up 17 potential starters at defensive end, putting the SEC in front of the rest of college football .
    The SEC also has an advantage at projected starters at defensive tackle in the NFL.
    The SEC has 14 projected starters at defensive tackle for 2009 including Jason Ferguson and Marcus Stroud (Georgia), Peria Jerry and Kendrick Clancy (Ole Miss), Kyle Williams (LSU), Patrick Sims and Jay Ratliff (Auburn), Tommy Kelly and Ronald Fields (Mississippi State), Gerard Warren (Florida), Cornelius Griffin (Alabama) and John Henderson, Albert Haynesworth and Aubrayo Franklin (Tennessee). Vanderbilt defensive tackle Jovan Haye, a veteran free agent signee with the Tennessee Titans, should press for a starting spot due to the loss of Haynesworth to the Washington Redskins.
    With players like Greg Hardy and Ted Laurent (Ole Miss), Carlos Dunlap and Jermaine Cunningham (Florida), Jeff Owens and Geno Atkins (Georgia), Dan Williams (Tennessee), Rahim Alem, Al Woods and Drake Nevis (LSU), Terrence Cody (Alabama), Antonio Coleman (Auburn) and Arkansas’ Malcolm Sheppard waiting in the wings the SEC is again loaded with talent on the defensive line.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

You are right Seer thats the BIG step thats different in the SEC is the speed up front with the D lines are much faster! Everything you are saying is true but I tell you this. Yes they are tremendous athletes, but most who switch lacked something on the offensive side, that's my point.

For example there was consideration to move my nephew at Bama to the secondary and he has never played a down of defense in high school, but he's such a great athlete they want to put him on the field! But as you know bama is deep at running back and thats what he plays!

The Seer

There is always an exception but this always the overwhelming thought. Have the best athletes on defense.

Here's more:

Kentucky has improved because of DEFENSIVE TALENT.
    Q. There's five coaches in the league that have won national titles. Some have won Bowl games. Talk about what it's like coaching in this league, the level of competition.
    COACH BROOKS: Well, I think it goes without saying that the coaching talent in this league is unbelievably high. It's a great league from X and O standpoint, coaching expertise. Nobody in the country can even come close to saying they have five coaches in their league that have won national championships.
    It is a league of great talent. Defensive speed is outstanding in this league. And just day-to-day, week-to-week great league.

Q. You mentioned your defense. Could you elaborate on how it will be better and how integral that is to the fact that you all have closed the gap?
    COACH BROOKS: Well, I think that, first of all, defense in this league is what has ended up winning the championships. You look at LSU last year. They were an outstanding defensive team. Florida the year before was an outstanding defensive football team. Yeah, were they good on offense? Yeah, they were really good, but they were great on defense.
    We haven't been great on defense. We've gotten better. Two years ago we had a great year of take-aways, but we gave up too many yards, too many points, too many third- down conversions. Last year we gave up fewer yards, our take- aways weren't quite as impressive. Our third-down defense still wasn't quite as good.
    But we now have what I would call quality, all-SEC- type defensive players. In the secondary, Trevard Lindley, Marcus McClinton. At linebacker, Micah Johnson, Braxton Kelley. In the defensive line, Jeremy Jarmon, Myron Pryor, Corey Peters; you know, Jenkins. We've got guys that belong in this league on defense. And we haven't had that at every position in the last five years.
    I believe we have people lining up on 11 positions on defense that can start at a lot of schools in our league, and I'm talking about a lot of the big-name schools. So I think that this now has a chance to be clearly the best defensive team that I've had.
    We need that to happen this year if we want to be viable because the best teams in this league have great defenses. And we haven't been a great defense. We've been improving, getting better. But I believe that this year you're gonna see a significant step on the defensive side at the University of Kentucky.

Q. You've been in the NFL where teams seemed to be locked in often in sort of height, weight and speed at different positions, those parameters. How much do you bring that to the college game? How much do you follow that sort of same blueprint when you're recruiting?
    COACH BROOKS: Well, I believe -- you know, I sit up here and talk about we finally have some SEC-looking guys in our defensive front, and the speed. So I think it's very important. But I also think it's important whether a guy's a football player or not.

Here's a typical high school coach:
    http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...t-Center-Grove

We really stacked our defense with our better athletes,” Center Grove coach Eric Moore said. “We had to build that first after losing so much. We put our heart and soul in that, and they've been playing to their ability (allowing 12.2 points per game).

Here's an article which talks about Alabama having better and more defensive recruits:
    http://mgoblog.com/diaries/decimated...statisticating

ZBOIZ

true point

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

I read the Onion too.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Z get the stick out of your ass about the state of your program.......Please post only the truth on here....that report is nothing more than a lie.....and if your nephew is realy an alabama player you wouldnt to forward this horse shit and be more concerned about his coach leaving. And the seer shit canned all of your self-proclaimed football intellect......Happy thanksgiving

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    Z get the stick out of your ass about the state of your program.......Please post only the truth on here....that report is nothing more than a lie.....and if your nephew is realy an alabama player you wouldnt to forward this horse shit and be more concerned about his coach leaving. And the seer shit canned all of your self-proclaimed football intellect......Happy thanksgiving
    Eddie Lacy you look him up asshole!

and please dont think for one second Saban would'nt leave Bama. This is a report with a source, dont get mad at me because ANOTHER reporter put this out.

ZBOIZ

I dont care if his coach leave! And thats being honest. Eddie will be Eddie regardless!

Oh by the way he wanted to go to LSU but Miles stop recruiting him. We dont know why but we think it's because of his high school discipline record. but anyway thats a story for another day.

ZBOIZ

we can still win 10 games this year what are you talking about ? Trust me we will be favored to win the sec next year with damn near everyone returning! How about you all win something besides the SEC West this decade!

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post

we can still win 10 games this year what are you talking about ? Trust me we will be favored to win the sec next year with damn near everyone returning! How about you all win something besides the SEC West this decade!
    At least we have won the west. LSU on the other hand cant even call a proper time out, then the coach lies three different times then 48 hours later is still uttering complete nonsense....yall went from a great bowl to an insignificant bowl. LSU will always be BAMA's red-headed step child.....LSU is the most talented mediocure team in history....

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Z,

Who is staring at tailback this week with Scott and Williams out? Any insight?

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    Z,

Who is staring at tailback this week with Scott and Williams out? Any insight?
    Steven Ridley, Trenton Holliday, and Russel Sheppard will all get carries. We are loaded at RB.

ZBOIZ

At least we have won the west. LSU on the other hand cant even call a proper time out, then the coach lies three different times then 48 hours later is still uttering complete nonsense....yall went from a great bowl to an insignificant bowl. LSU will always be BAMA's red-headed step child.....LSU is the most talented mediocure team in history....
    we'll see who will be laughing come next Saturday when Tebow and crew hold up the SEC banner!

The Seer

Steven Ridley, Trenton Holliday, and Russel Sheppard will all get carries. We are loaded at RB.
    Z, his name is Trindon Holliday

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    Z, his name is Trindon Holliday
    thanks for correcting me. I always spell his name wrong for some reason

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

That a boy...your team sucks so root for who ever plays Bama...You sir are pathetic.

P.S. We beat the gators Dec. 5th and We hold up that banner...

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Why is N.D. not interested in Skip Holtz?

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

And it's pile on Z time!!!!!

Hun, you really believe there is THAT much of a drop off in Bama's "second" string defensive unit? Darius is considered second string right now. I think he is behind Cody. Barron (leading the SEC in interceptions) is a sophomore I believe. Hightower will be back. The freshman who has taken his place is doing a good job. Harris will be there. Not to mention so many others. It was the back ups that gave up a total of 17 yards in offense last Saturday when they took over starting the 3 quarter.

Now, as for the other, at this time I don't see it happening. I base that on the fact that the honeymoon phase isn't over yet here. There are so many nonfootball stories throughout the year. And the fact that Terri Saban appears extremely happy with where she is. I think it was equally obvious she wasn't happy in Miami, hence the fact she lives in Tuscaloosa now.

paste_me
    paste_me's Avatar Become A Pro!

Money is not an issue at Notre Dame, the alumni (like my uncle) are demanding football victors for all of their donations.

MobileBay
    Update your status
    MobileBay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2404

Z I really love the passion LSU folks have for their program...

but what the hell, you have picked against Bama most of the year. Saban is gone from Baton Rouge, he ain't coming back. He's at his last job, he can do things in Tuscaloosa that ou guys can never do in LA. Its on one of the most storied programs in the history of college football, LSU is not. Quit being a horses ass. pull for your team, quit betting with your heart. You have said don't give double digits in SEC. I hope you are stupid enough to bet Auburn tomorrow. I usually enjoy your posts but your just a freaking homer. I hope Arkansas kick your ass.

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by MobileBay View Post
    but what the hell, you have picked against Bama most of the year. Saban is gone from Baton Rouge, he ain't coming back. He's at his last job, he can do things in Tuscaloosa that ou guys can never do in LA. Its on one of the most storied programs in the history of college football, LSU is not. Quit being a horses ass. pull for your team, quit betting with your heart. You have said don't give double digits in SEC. I hope you are stupid enough to bet Auburn tomorrow. I usually enjoy your posts but your just a freaking homer. I hope Arkansas kick your ass.

Oh yea you think so ?

We dont want him back in BR, you all can have him. We are still fresh from our title 2 years ago. How about you all win one this decade for once

Plus, dont get mad at me for starting a thread that someone else published get mad at him. And dont act like Saban does'nt have a history of leaving schools. Please dont be blind. I personally dont think he will leave but I dont think he will be there for the rest of his career. Thats not Saban.

Ask, Toledo, Michigan St., LSU, and the Dolphins. All of these are head coaching jobs. The man has a history of packing his shit! Plain and simple.

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by MobileBay View Post
    And whats that ? Tuscaloosa only has like what ? 3 interstate exits ? C'mon please, you all cant even have a professional franchise in that sorry state. Get a life.

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    they just need them to doctor the test scores like when holtz was there. Ricky Waters couldn't spell cat.
    Chris Zorich was a genius compared to Ricky.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Oh yea you think so ?

We dont want him back in BR, you all can have him. We are still fresh from our title 2 years ago. How about you all win one this decade for once

Plus, dont get mad at me for starting a thread that someone else published get mad at him. And dont act like Saban does'nt have a history of leaving schools. Please dont be blind. I personally dont think he will leave but I dont think he will be there for the rest of his career. Thats not Saban.

Ask, Toledo, Michigan St., LSU, and the Dolphins. All of these are head coaching jobs. The man has a history of packing his shit! Plain and simple.
    Now Z sweety, first of all, there isn't a coach worth his salt that thinks that Toledo is the end all jobs. The man moved up in the college ranks until he got to LSU. He wanted to try the pros. He didn't like it. 'nuff said on that one.

As for LSU still being fresh off that national championship....let's have a looksey at some numbers, why don't we?

SEC wins for 2008.....Auburn, Miss State and South Carolina
    SEC losses for 2008...Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, Arkansas

SEC wins for 2009...Vandy, Miss State, Georgia, Auburn
    SEC losses for 2009...Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss

Arkansas pending.

Hun, I am sorry but that makes LSU as a middle of the pack team. Nothing better.

paste_me
    paste_me's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arkansas is going to get on over LSU, done deal...

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I like Arkansas on Saturday. They have a good team this season. I do think that LSU needs another year on offense then things will get better for them.

betyuda
    betyuda's Avatar Become A Pro!

As an ND graduate or as a domer all i can say is academically ND is fully overrated. Granted it helped me get a 6 figure job, but this concept of tradition is getting old. Its really a time for change.

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Almost anyone could replace that dumb fat bastard according to most ND alums when they are sober.

RayzHELL
    Go GATORS!!!
    RayzHELL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

I want Saban to go so my Florida GATORS have a weaker Alabama team (or even LSU) to face each year in the SEC Championship Game!

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

[quote=big joe 1212;2632866]Can't Saban stay in 1 place???? [/quote

Nick Saban is a hired gun.His word means nothing.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8365

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

At ND you cannot lie and cheat and get dumb killers into school

ND gets the pretty boy blacks that are fairly edcuated and they cannot excel
    JJ Nick Saban is not at Tennessee your thinking of Lane Kiffin!!!

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

they are going to hire fitzgerald from northwestern, bank it

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8365

And whats that ? Tuscaloosa only has like what ? 3 interstate exits ? C'mon please, you all cant even have a professional franchise in that sorry state. Get a life.
    Only need a pro team when your collage ain't that all that great!!! I mean really pro football not even close to the excitement in collage especially in the SEC.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Saban must have said "Hell No, now fukk off!!!" "ZBoiz put you guys up to this shit didn't he?" Notre Dame Cardinal replies "Yes he did, how did you know Mr. Saban?"

First 123 Last