Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    any non-NBA basketball is shit imo... european... ncaa...

that said i'm not american so i don't get the whole college sports thing. why would anyone want to watch college kids play sports? i just don't get it. i'm not in the culture though so i suppose i'm not meant to get it.
    Entertainment. College pride. Gambling on it. Not high priced athletes competing, but kids playing for a pro opportunity or love of the game. Would rather watch NCCA BBALL than a meaningless NBA regular season game.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Everything about US sports is funny when you go 3-31 in the NBA playoffs losing $175,000 and then picking 6 out of the 8 NFL playoff teams to go to the Superbowl and none makes it.

Maybe the problem is not US sports lakerboy. Maybe the problem is you and your non-existent capping skills!
    Points Awarded:

bubblebuttluv gave pavyracer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bubblebuttluv

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Entertainment. College pride. Gambling on it. Not high priced athletes competing, but kids playing for a pro opportunity or love of the game. Would rather watch NCCA BBALL than a meaningless NBA regular season game.
    I don't know, if I'm watching sports I want to watch professionals.

I think Drinker nailed it. It all starts with the whole college atmosphere which is completely different in the US than the rest of the world. No one cares about their university/college's sports team here unless they are on it, and the games certainly aren't ever on TV.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I think Drinker nailed it. It all starts with the whole college atmosphere which is completely different in the US than the rest of the world. No one cares about their university/college's sports team here unless they are on it, and the games certainly aren't ever on TV.
    Seto the majority of US states don't have professional teams. So folks in Nebraska, Alabama, Mississippi they only follow college teams in their state. In Europe is different. Even a small town has some sort of professional or semi-pro team in soccer in the lower divisions.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Seto the majority of US states don't have professional teams. So folks in Nebraska, Alabama, Mississippi they only follow college teams in their state. In Europe is different. Even a small town has some sort of professional or semi-pro team in soccer in the lower divisions.
    True. Distances are not the same either. MUCH smaller country but still 92 professional soccer teams.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Two part for me enjoying college ball over professional. 1) Alma Mater 2) Easier to cap when motivation isn't a key concern everynight.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

You can bet on anything really so that's not it and you can go watch girls high school sports to see people playing for the love of the game so that's not it either. Unless you're into girls high school sports you fukkin pervert

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    You can bet on anything really so that's not it and you can go watch girls high school sports to see people playing for the love of the game so that's not it either. Unless you're into girls high school sports you fukkin pervert
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

out of all the major sports in america ncaa basketball is my least favorite to watch besides hockey.

march madness is good though and teams with great players i enjoy watching.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    pushing 50 isnt considered old anymore i guess

yeah cause late 30"s is old.

lakerboy

yeah cause ncaa does not have popint shaving scams. non paid athletes who play for the love of the game while coaches are treated like pros and paid like pro players.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No I have a few other things as well. You would be surprised. Some of us have meanful businesses where we have time to fukk around on places like this. Ask opie.
    LB-- you're not going to pretend you have a business are you?

Seriously?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    LB-- you're not going to pretend you have a business are you?

Seriously?

actually i do sam. you want to meet me and i can show you my business? tell me where you are located. you want me to bring the papers to prove it?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

$100,000 profits in June went down the gutter on Spurs. Did your employees get a bonus this year?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    $100,000 profits in June went down the gutter on Spurs. Did your employees get a bonus this year?

of course. there is 11 months in the year.

btw another thread is eagerly awaiting your response.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

For some reason I have more respect seeing that some of these SBR people are real.

People are going to hate. I've hated before. In the end, it's all in fun and we are all more alike than we would like to admit.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Op you suck at basketball. Stick to eating hot dogs drinking beer and chewing tobacco while getting paid millions for swinging a bat.

College basketball is a joke. You just learned this lakerman?

Players are not only shit, (less than 1% of all D1 players make an NBA roster), some of them can't even fukin read. You know how stupid these kids are? They couldn't remember a play if you burned into their brain.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

lol dude 99% of D1 athletes don't make the NBA. You realize how bad of a product you have to have for 99% of supposedly the top basketball college schools in America not to be able to make it or do shit at the pro level?

What a fukin disgrace.

Pride? Kids can't even fukin read. What fukin pride. Diving on the floor for a lose ball then screaming? NBA is about ahtletes and x's and o's son.

These college players fold when they hear a loud crowd

Yeah....pride....

Fukin disgrace.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    lol dude 99% of D1 athletes don't make the NBA. You realize how bad of a product you have to have for 99% of supposedly the top basketball college schools in America not to be able to make it or do shit at the pro level?

What a fukin disgrace.

Pride? Kids can't even fukin read. What fukin pride. Diving on the floor for a lose ball then screaming? NBA is about ahtletes and x's and o's son.

These college players fold when they hear a loud crowd

Yeah....pride....

Fukin disgrace.
    Hey Goat. Would rather pay $10 Bucks and go to the Local Y and watch a pickup game than spend money to observe an Fking Meaningless NBA game between bad teams. NBA regular season is horseshit.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    So ncaaf ends and all of the sudden ncaab is important. Lol

Ncaab is the most terriblle product out. Such awful athletes and such long endings with a 10 minute shot clock. Shit is garbage. Season has been on for awhile but now that ncaaf is over people act like its so important. Now that books have time to focus on these lines turds start betting it. Lol
    Holy shit you are an idiot

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Hey Goat. Would rather pay $10 Bucks and go to the Local Y and watch a pickup game than spend money to observe an Fking Meaningless NBA game between bad teams. NBA regular season is horseshit.
    Stop lying.

First 12