MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Mayweather is good boxer but i cant watch his fights in full cause he rarely goes for knockout win, he has to fight manny pac i think for the doubters to believe that mayweather is the real deal.
    Anyone who doesn't believe that is an idiot.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    "Best Sports Person Ever" yeah he's a real pillar of the community
    when the man he beat for his first world title died...and his family had no money...who do you think picked up the tab for the funeral? he isnt nearly as bad as hes made out to be.....i would never condone hitting a woman....but i think we all know that women can passive aggresively push a mans button .....i dont think its cool what he did...but we have no idea what was going on in that situation......the guy gives back

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

out of all this talk about what he has and hasn't done…entertainer or not…character or no character...

Everyone seems to forget the amount of work floyd has put in to get where he is today… think about it for one second, many guys on this forum cant even run up a ten foot hill on a 1% incline without having to stop to catch a breath….most cant go a week without a drink..

In preparation to fights these guys give up everything and do nothing but commit, fully truly commit with their entire body for at least 60 days AT LEAST…..

People say his character is shitty but believe me he has more character than most, just in different ways..

Good for him to do what he does out of the ring, he's a multi millionaire soon to be billionaire if not already and its because he commits and sells himself out for well over 60% of the year every year. He deserves to do whatever the fck he wants out of the ring, for the work he puts in to win inside of it.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by zacher View Post
    out of all this talk about what he has and hasn't done…entertainer or not…character or no character...

Everyone seems to forget the amount of work floyd has put in to get where he is today… think about it for one second, many guys on this forum cant even run up a ten foot hill on a 1% incline without having to stop to catch a breath….most cant go a week without a drink..

In preparation to fights these guys give up everything and do nothing but commit, fully truly commit with their entire body for at least 60 days AT LEAST…..

People say his character is shitty but believe me he has more character than most, just in different ways..

Good for him to do what he does out of the ring, he's a multi millionaire soon to be billionaire if not already and its because he commits and sells himself out for well over 60% of the year every year. He deserves to do whatever the fck he wants out of the ring, for the work he puts in to win inside of it.
    That is a retarded argument. The problem people have with his character (not necessarily saying I agree with it), is that he comes off as a bad person, an arrogant person, a selfish person, and an unlikeable person. Most of the Floyd "haters" think he's a douchebag, and your logic is literally "he can be as much of a douchebag as he wants because he's really good at a sport".

This is why famous people get away with crimes.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    That is a retarded argument. The problem people have with his character (not necessarily saying I agree with it), is that he comes off as a bad person, an arrogant person, a selfish person, and an unlikeable person. Most of the Floyd "haters" think he's a douchebag, and your logic is literally "he can be as much of a douchebag as he wants because he's really good at a sport".

thats not my argument.. its not because he's "really good at a sport" its because the work he has put in to be really good at a sport…I don't give a shit if your the most gifted athlete in the world…its a different breed to be a boxing champion, ufc champion or wrestling champion and I'm not talking WWE acting bullshit I'm talking real olympic wrestling.

MD its easy for you to sit back in your chair and criticize when I'm sure the hardest personal battle you've had to overcome was which color tie to put on in the morning…..getting in shape for championship bouts or tournaments puts you in one of the most unbelievable darkest mindsets you can possibly come out of….so I am saying I understand where he comes from when he is a bit arrogant and a bit flashy.

Hell I know people on wall street 10x more arrogant and can get away with everything they want.

Its not the famous that get away with crimes MD..its the rich. regardless of fame.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

MD....besides hitting his babys mother(again..i dont condone it or think its ok or cool)...what else has floyd done? ....coming off as an arrogant or unlikeable person isnt a crime....its exactly what he wants people to think he is....he could care less what strangers think about him....

hes not a heavyweight....think about the last two african amercian non heavyweight stars....roy? shane mosley? bernard?.....it took roy 3 ppvs with tarver to do 1 mil buys......roy did good numbers against ruiz...but that was more of a freak show fight(lets see if he can pull of something crazy).....he did well against trinidad too...but that was just as much about trinidad........roy didnt sell....in fact he had 9 ppv fights....he did prob a little over 2 mil buys if you combine them all.....it took bernard 7 fights to hit that number......i cant even get numbers for mosley that dont include oscar.....but i know both mosley/vargas fights did in the 300k range.......

meanwhile floyd has hit over that in his last two fights alone.....it didnt just happen by accident

MD

thats not my argument.. its not because he's "really good at a sport" its because the work he has put in to be really good at a sport…I don't give a shit if your the most gifted athlete in the world…its a different breed to be a boxing champion, ufc champion or wrestling champion and I'm not talking WWE acting bullshit I'm talking real olympic wrestling.

MD its easy for you to sit back in your chair and criticize when I'm sure the hardest personal battle you've had to overcome was which color tie to put on in the morning…..getting in shape for championship bouts or tournaments puts you in one of the most unbelievable darkest mindsets you can possibly come out of….so I am saying I understand where he comes from when he is a bit arrogant and a bit flashy.

Hell I know people on wall street 10x more arrogant and can get away with everything they want.

Its not the famous that get away with crimes MD..its the rich. regardless of fame.
    Again, being good at a sport and "working hard" isn't the problem, the problem people have is that he comes off as a bad person. Saying that someone cannot be criticized for anti-social actions because they work hard at their job is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    MD....besides hitting his babys mother(again..i dont condone it or think its ok or cool)...what else has floyd done? ....coming off as an arrogant or unlikeable person isnt a crime....its exactly what he wants people to think he is....he could care less what strangers think about him....

hes not a heavyweight....think about the last two african amercian non heavyweight stars....roy? shane mosley? bernard?.....it took roy 3 ppvs with tarver to do 1 mil buys......roy did good numbers against ruiz...but that was more of a freak show fight(lets see if he can pull of something crazy).....he did well against trinidad too...but that was just as much about trinidad........roy didnt sell....in fact he had 9 ppv fights....he did prob a little over 2 mil buys if you combine them all.....it took bernard 7 fights to hit that number......i cant even get numbers for mosley that dont include oscar.....but i know both mosley/vargas fights did in the 300k range.......

meanwhile floyd has hit over that in his last two fights alone.....it didnt just happen by accident
    Seriously, bobby? Did you even read my post? I explicitly said that I don't necessarily agree with all of the criticism Floyd gets, nor was I justifying it, or condemning it. I didn't comment on the criticism at all. I commented on the terrible logic that this guy is using to defend Floyd from the criticism of the public. Stop looking for excuses to try to defend Floyd Mayweather and actually read my posts, please.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

at the end of the day its all about the $ … or more like $,$$$,$$$,$$$.$$

bobby heenan
    Update your status

honestly.... prob 80 percent of floyds "haters" or most of the people you see here bashing him....didnt know who he was before he fought oscar....there are some of us who knew about him before 96....and alot of people that have known about him for that long appreciate him.....

its still amazes me how few see passed the persona created in order to sell and get money....people cant see the difference or seperate the two....nor do they even think the possibilty exists that he might not be as bad of a guy they think he is...

"Manny pacquiao mixed with freddie roach. meet my friend manny roach"
    Name:  BcU63YtCYAEsY35.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  49.5 KB

how can you not laugh?

betjumper
    betjumper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tell me one other fighter that has dominated there sport for 17 years never been beaten never will be beaten he has take so many belts of quality fighters... Floyd has the fastest hands in the ring and is a very smart fighter....

So someone name a sports person that has dominated there sport for 17 years ???

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Look at Pretty Boy's reflexes.

Anyway, Floyd is a great boxer, one of the best. But as a person, nahh.

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

The truth is Canelo isnt shit and has always fought smaller guys moving up in weight, so when Floyd made him look like an amature it wasnt a surprise.

Floyd is the best at this sport with out a doubt and Manny is far behind.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

honestly.... prob 80 percent of floyds "haters" or most of the people you see here bashing him....didnt know who he was before he fought oscar....there are some of us who knew about him before 96....and alot of people that have known about him for that long appreciate him.....

its still amazes me how few see passed the persona created in order to sell and get money....people cant see the difference or seperate the two....nor do they even think the possibilty exists that he might not be as bad of a guy they think he is...

"Manny pacquiao mixed with freddie roach. meet my friend manny roach"
    Name:  BcU63YtCYAEsY35.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  49.5 KB

how can you not laugh?
    Well written and very true bro. i think the same thing goes on with fighters like cheal sonnen. some fans just need to use there heads more.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by betjumper View Post
    Tell me one other fighter that has dominated there sport for 17 years never been beaten never will be beaten he has take so many belts of quality fighters... Floyd has the fastest hands in the ring and is a very smart fighter....

So someone name a sports person that has dominated there sport for 17 years ???
    Watch a documentary on Floyd Mayweather -> "HE'S THE BEST EVER". Incredibly Impressionable Guy should be a meme.

Anyway, don't even have to leave boxing to find a sportsman more dominant than Floyd. Joe Louis, easy.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

i just have to laugh at people who say things like "ya hes a real pillar of society"...."hes a terrible person"....

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/1...corrales-gatti

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/stor...-causes-042612

the average clown comes here or on other forums and calls him a despicable person....why? because he dogs his opponents in prefight buildup? because he flashes a few dollars?......the average/casual fan that comes here and think they know the guy doesnt see or hear about things like the links i posted.....which was my point MD...i wasnt just directing that at you...at the same time...you say you arent "justifying or condemning the criticism".....which would sort of put you on the fence....and i dont believe that you are on the fence when it comes to a position on what kind of person he is

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Does anyone know if he is betting right now?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    yee was just with him, he put 500,000 dollarz on black on roulette table

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    his last posted tickets were on mich st moneyline in the rosebowl and oklahoma 2nd half bet

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

i will say he is the best when he runs the gauntlet of Hagler, Hearns, and Leonard. Anyone who has a clue knows Pacman is the stiffest test out there and he avoids it. I think Floyd still wins but he won't be fighting a slow plodding guy like Oscar or Cano. He will be fighting a guy who will bring the fight and is a slick quick southpaw. Pac loses one fight to a juiced to his gills Marquez and all the sudden he is awful lol. Please i don't wanna hear about the Bradley nonsense. By the way Marquez is also a great fighter and Pac was winning that fight till he got caught. Pac comes right back and dominates his next fight showing ya what a warrior he is because most guys who get brutally knockedout never regain their true form. Yes Mayweather had a pretty easy time with Marquez but that don't mean shit. Styles make fights. If that meant anything than Pac demolishing of Hatton would mean the same nonsense.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 01-16-14 at 12:17 PM.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i will say he is the best when he runs the gauntlet of Hagler, Hearns, and Leonard. Anyone who has a clue knows Pacman is the stiffest test out there and he avoids it. I think Floyd still wins but he won't be fighting a slow plodding guy like Oscar or Cano. He will be fighting a guy who will bring the fight and is a slick quick southpaw. Pac loses one fight to a juiced to his gills Marquez and all the sudden he is awful lol. Please i don't wanna hear about the Bradley nonsense. By the way Marquez is also a great fighter and Pac was winning that fight till he got caught. Pac comes right back and dominates his next fight showing ya what a warrior he is because most guys who get brutally knockedout never regain their true form. Yes Mayweather had a pretty easy time with Marquez but that don't mean shit. Styles make fights. If that meant anything than Pac demolishing of Hatton would mean the same nonsense.
    thor i present this question to you....yes....pac was winning the last marquez fight.....now what i want to know is....he was also winning the round he was knocked out in.....he put himself in position to get countered with 2 seconds left in said round....what was he doing? what did he have to gain? did he not hear the 10 second warning? does a smart and cerebral fighter put himself in a position like that in a round he was winning?

floyd knocked out the unbeaten hatton....then hatton was put on queer street by juan lazcano in his comeback fight on his home turf...then he fights paulie........the pac knockout of hatton was awesome....i was there...but hatton was a ruined fighter....not to mention he spent a camp with floyd sr who was trying to change hatton....teach him defense...and as soon as the bell rang he abandoned anything he was taught and reverted right back to who he was.....

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

his last posted tickets were on mich st moneyline in the rosebowl and oklahoma 2nd half bet
    Youre a sad sack.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Youre a sad sack.
    cool man....do you have anything of value to add? my guess is no

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mayweather very strong
    His most underrated quality

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Lol

Thor4140

thor i present this question to you....yes....pac was winning the last marquez fight.....now what i want to know is....he was also winning the round he was knocked out in.....he put himself in position to get countered with 2 seconds left in said round....what was he doing? what did he have to gain? did he not hear the 10 second warning? does a smart and cerebral fighter put himself in a position like that in a round he was winning?

floyd knocked out the unbeaten hatton....then hatton was put on queer street by juan lazcano in his comeback fight on his home turf...then he fights paulie........the pac knockout of hatton was awesome....i was there...but hatton was a ruined fighter....not to mention he spent a camp with floyd sr who was trying to change hatton....teach him defense...and as soon as the bell rang he abandoned anything he was taught and reverted right back to who he was.....
    Pac got caught. He wanted to end this rivalry and took a gamble. Im not gonna comment about who beat who because it is silly. Styles make fights and Pac would be Moneys biggest challenge unless Leonard somehow found the fountain of youth. By the way im a fight fan and want to see these two fight. Im not a nut hugger for either guy. True fight fans want to see this fight. Agenda guys are just that. Nut hugging agenda guys. Oh and by the way i always thought Hatton was a stiff and i said it years ago. All the guy did is hold and smother ya.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 01-16-14 at 01:28 PM.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Pac got caught. He wanted to end this rivalry and took a gamble. Im not gonna comment about who beat who because it is silly. Styles make fights and Pac would be Moneys biggest challenge unless Leonard somehow found the fountain of youth. By the way im a fight fan and want to see these two fight. Im not a nut hugger for either guy. True fight fans want to see this fight. Agenda guys are just that. Nut hugging agenda guys
    you think i dont wanna see it?

Thor4140

you think i dont wanna see it?
    i havent really read a lot of ur post or the post in this thread. U replied to mine so i wrote back. A tad lazy on my part. If u are not a nut hugger and actually want to see this fight bravo. Now there are two of us.

betjumper
    betjumper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watch a documentary on Floyd Mayweather -> "HE'S THE BEST EVER". Incredibly Impressionable Guy should be a meme.

Anyway, don't even have to leave boxing to find a sportsman more dominant than Floyd. Joe Louis, easy.
    Floyds record speaks for its self...

Pac man and joe louis have got something in common something they both have that floyd toesnt thats a loss or multiple for both, bot got put on the ass.

Floyd has nothing to prove against pac man floyd would destroy him everyon that watches boxing knows that

First 12