OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by In The Money View Post
    Here's why 9ers win
    Wilson 9-18, 103 yds, 0 tds against the crappy NO defense what do you think 9er D will do?
    Lynch will NOT run wild on them either and Cards just beat Seattle at home.

Niners roll in this one!!!!
    The Saints defence is anything but crappy! Seattle got into the end zone in the first half only because of a PI call, and NO shut down their offense for the 2nd half of the game!

Russel Wilson is not the kind of quarterback that throws 40 times and and carries the team with the passing game. He's a very intelligent player that takes what defences give him. He doesn't take risks when he doesn't need to. NO wasn't giving much of anything downfield. The coverage was super tight in that game.

Colin K. might have the better physical attributes, but Wilson has the edge when it comes to maturity and intelligence. And when it comes to being an effective QB in pressure situations, a player's brain is more important than his body. Some of you guys are selling RW way short.

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

EVERYONE in this thread is talking the Niners up like they put on some kind of Dynamo offensive performance last week ala the Pats. Fact of the matter is they managed 4.8 yds per play last week to seattles 4.9. AND that is with seattle having the game wrapped up at halftime playing ultra conservatively. Where people are getting this idea that SF has been marching up and down the field is beyond me.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

I think this is the niners year to win it all.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

public burial

crazykind
    crazykind's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

For the poster who said SF has no weaknesses, it reeked of homerism but i'll play...

The niners do not have a great secondary, especially now that they are down to two corners. The front 7 is elite and has masked this weakness the last couple weeks, i think it catches up with them on sunday...

I also think kaepernick struggles calling plays at the line of scrimmage (wastes a ton of timeouts) and has difficulty throwing the ball when teams take away his first read. If Seattle can contain the running game and make kap beat them, then i think he will throw a couple to the seattle secondary...

top 2 fullbacks are also out for the niners, should change the way they line up and run the ball, i.e more 2 TE formations

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Quote Originally Posted by oddtodd View Post
    EVERYONE in this thread is talking the Niners up like they put on some kind of Dynamo offensive performance last week ala the Pats. Fact of the matter is they managed 4.8 yds per play last week to seattles 4.9. AND that is with seattle having the game wrapped up at halftime playing ultra conservatively. Where people are getting this idea that SF has been marching up and down the field is beyond me.
    23 points scored by the 49ers in itself is not impressive but the fact that they did it against the No. 2 ranked defense should be noted. 23 points is also the most points scored by an opposing team in Carolina over the course of 2013 season (next highest being 20 points allowed). That said, I'm not going to say the 49ers' offense was amazing, but it got the job done. Boldin I was particularly impressed with - the guy is very strong and physical player and has great hands.

Also @ Crazykind - agreed the 2ndary is much weaker than their front 7 but Reid pickup has turned out well and I think one of the CBs is questionable...so he's not completely out yet. However I DON'T think that of all the QBs they've faced recently Wilson is the one who will suddenly "expose" this weakness; he is a decent QB but hardly known for his passing skills as he is more of a game manager at this point. He doesn't take risks which is good in that he rarely turns over the ball but bad in that if they need a big play out of him he may not deliver. Again the 49ers 2ndary is arguably their weakest link but still better than most any other 2ndary teams in the NFL so it doesn't say much. Also Seattle hardly has any big playmaker receivers except for Harvin who is still questionable with concussion if I'm not mistaken...

Still giving edge to Seattle for home field advantage (worth 7 points simply because of how big an impact the 12th man is in Clink).
    Last edited by Parligod; 01-15-14 at 02:49 PM.

freakydave

Quote Originally Posted by Parligod View Post
    23 points scored by the 49ers in itself is not impressive but the fact that they did it against the No. 2 ranked defense should be noted. 23 points is also the most points scored by an opposing team in Carolina over the course of 2013 season (next highest being 20 points allowed). That said, I'm not going to say the 49ers' offense was amazing, but it got the job done. Boldin I was particularly impressed with - the guy is very strong and physical player.

Still giving edge to Seattle for home field advantage (worth 7 points simply because of how big an impact the 12th man is in Clink).
    They also put up 23 on GB oh wait their D was bad---SF's D beat Carolina - an inexperienced conf opponent-Seattle is SF's biggest division rival with a better D--Seattle wins all day imo

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    They also put up 23 on GB oh wait their D was bad---SF's D beat Carolina - an inexperienced conf opponent-Seattle is SF's biggest division rival with a better D--Seattle wins all day imo

Sigh, check the weather in Green Bay again? Famous quotation comes to mind from a Military Commander, "There are always 2 Generals that Russia can rely on; General January and General February..."

Nor is SF the blow-out-in-your-face-scoring offensive style. Last season they ranked 2nd to last in snaps because they tend to burn their time down in controlled plays. They grind and grind and will get points but rarely put up any flashy scores.

Agreed Seattle is the biggest rival right now and will likely win when played in the Clink.

BlurredOut
    BlurredOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Interesting fact: 49ers scored more points in Carolina than any other team as they were averaging 12-13PPG to opposing teams all season. I think if this game was played in a neutral place it would be anybody's game. Since it's Seattle I have to give edge to Seahawks but here's hoping.
    the Jets scored 20 points against Carolina earlier this season. what the 49ers did on the offensive side of the ball wasn't extraordinarily impressive or anything.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

You're all wasting your time. You're not gonna talk yourself or stat yourself into an NFC champ play. You either have it or you don't. If it takes this much talk move on. There are tons of games on the board.

Gl whatever you play.

freakydave

Sigh, check the weather in Green Bay again? Famous quotation comes to mind from a Military Commander, "There are always 2 Generals that Russia can rely on; General January and General February..."

Nor is SF the blow-out-in-your-face-scoring offensive style. Last season they ranked 2nd to last in snaps because they tend to burn their time down in controlled plays. They grind and grind and will get points but rarely put up any flashy scores.

Agreed Seattle is the biggest rival right now and will likely win when played in the Clink.
    I don't mean to nitpik but the weather didn't stop SF from scoring in GB & Carolina's D rankings are more a product of their schedule than talent-they played a large number of games vs offencively challenged squads.
    I realize that we are agreeing seattle should win & will leave it at that.

z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

Niners looking like winners.......

Because the Niners are paying well , while the Seahawks are not. Seattle offense looking lame while Niners D is
    doing it's job. "12th man" will drop out when Niners score first. So yeah just a few reasons why us sharps like the S.F. Forty Niners !

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

SFs 3rd year in a row in the NFC championship as well.....2nd in a row on the road. The experience has to be worth something.

crazykind
    crazykind's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Have a feeling Seattle's offense unveils a few new wrinkles this weekend...Carroll hinted at opening the playbook up for the playoffs (remember, seattle had a 2 game lead in the division for most of the season and didn't need to fire every barrel)...then comes the New Orleans game and the 35 mph winds and rain combined with an early lead made them go conservative...weather shouldnt be a big factor this weekend, i think we see russell wilson let off the leash a bit
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

freakydave

Quote Originally Posted by z-doggie View Post
    Because the Niners are paying well , while the Seahawks are not. Seattle offense looking lame while Niners D is
    doing it's job. "12th man" will drop out when Niners score first. So yeah just a few reasons why us sharps like the S.F. Forty Niners !
    Yeah the sharps always roll with the public

freakydave

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    SFs 3rd year in a row in the NFC championship as well.....2nd in a row on the road. The experience has to be worth something.
    Yeah Cause getting to the SB(repeatedly) sure helped buffalo & Minny

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

I took Seattle -3. There is no need to explain. Just read this entire thread.

GWags
    GWags's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2501

When the playoffs start everything resets in my opinion. I look at only the last four games and how the teams performed. Coaches and players are different in the playoffs. SF offense looks different and unpredictible right now. Seattle seems to be same ole same ole, which has worked. I'm taking the points.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    You're all wasting your time. You're not gonna talk yourself or stat yourself into an NFC champ play. You either have it or you don't. If it takes this much talk move on. There are tons of games on the board.

Gl whatever you play.
    brother we want your play on this game. nothing else.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I have it 24-16 Seahawks win. But never count the Niners out.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I'm a Niners fan and I have no idea wtf is gonna happen. I'm glad y'all do though

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Niners are the bills of the 90's
    Minus two fumbles by Kyle Williams and a rig job the least four plays last year they could be going for their third in a row?

Hey lb, will the niners even win a playoff game? Awesome thread lol.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by AdaBarber View Post
    I took Seattle -3. There is no need to explain. Just read this entire thread.
    Sharp.

DALLASROB
    DALLASROB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Last second field goal wins it. Take the 3 1/2.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

k13, you know the niners, I think everyone can gain some wisdom here:

SF is a great/elite team, no one will deny. But what makes such a great team an utterly terrible matchup vs Seattle? I mean, they are made to look like little kids when they play Seattle in Seattle. What is the exploit?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

49ers will win. Seahawks coach is not that good in the playoffs.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

I am not. I doubled up on the Hawks -3. And as I make more cream off of b-ball I will add until game time. Line is fishy. I think San Fran should be favored by -3. So I am riding Hawks. Joe Public is loving those 3. Get them Vegas.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Going to be a great game to watch. Tough one to call. The 12th man (crowd noise) might be the deciding factor.

dblgear
    Update your status
    dblgear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 642

All the favorites won? What the hell?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

Remember the old saying.."those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it".....Here are the 49'ers last five visits at Century Link stadium in Seattle.

2009 Seattle 20 - 17
    2010 Seattle 31 - 6
    2011 San Fran 19 - 17
    2012 Seattle 42 - 13
    2013 Seattle 29 - 3

I'm not sayin...I'm just sayin....

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

SF is just more a public team than the SeaGulls. Seattle is a hole in the wall in the consciousness of America.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Broncos/Seahawks is inevitable, just like Brady/Peyton and Wilson/Kaep.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Sea -3 -120. May win may lose but they are the better, more rested team that happens to be at home.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Sea -3 -120. May win may lose but they are the better, more rested team that happens to be at home.
    Better how? Secondary pretty much only spot sea has a edge.. Doesn't mean they don't win cause they hard to beat in that place but I don't see a edge in many positions or coaching..

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Broncos/Seahawks is inevitable, just like Brady/Peyton and Wilson/Kaep.
    Yep 1 seeds always a lock to get in sb.

First 1234 Last