1. #176
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 58,076
    Betpoints: 36

    Sammy is on a HEATER... Up >$6K just for this month

  2. #177
    asdf21
    asdf21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-21-14
    Posts: 173
    Betpoints: 593

    Can't you all see he's just trying to do a good thing? He obviously suffered from his gambling addiction and wants to help others. Instead of appreciating that, you people ridicule him and brag about how you're +EV and he's not. Show some class, just wish him all the best and move on. That's what everyone should do.

  3. #178
    dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    But im sure you do waste money on something. Some people like to shop, some like to travel, some spend money on hobbies or collections. We all have different interests. I spend some money on gambling because it's fun and hey maybe win some money from time to time. I bet within my means and I don't have a problem with it.

    Now just like nobody is telling you what to do with your money please stop telling people what they should do with theirs.
    Well, I buy my wife some gifts ... that's 1 thing ... I also like buying cat food and feeding the cats where I live, there is a mommy cat and 3 of her kittens, they're very cute and I like to pet them ... so yeah, I spent around $30 buying food for them for like a month (a 18 kg bag) - did I spend money? yes. Is it the same as gambling? I don't think so.

    In gambling you might be handing over your money and getting nothing in return.
    You might be taking away someone's money and getting nothing in return.

    Religiously speaking it's bad (to not covet) but I'm sure most of us here are not very religious people ... so morally maybe it's okay, maybe it's not ...but ask yourself this ... dealing against an industry that its aim is to prey on people and take as much as money and assets as possible ... what makes your think you have a chance? 5Dimes got tons of money ... you bet there, you think you can beat them? How many of you managed to "beat" 5Dimes? And I'm not talking about winning $1000, I'm talking about beating the bookmaker ... yet again and again most people find themselves losing ... it's unexplained ... I lost it again ... even if you have a month of winning streak it would come back at ya ... why? because that's the way the system is designed ... to take your money.

    So I do see lots of difference between spending money on gambling and buying something else ... perhaps the exception can be buying 1 or 2 lottery tickets, but that's by itself is a waste of money and time ... the chances of winning the lottery jackpot are so slim, even if you live 1000 years your chances are still pointing out you won't make it.

  4. #179
    dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverBoatGambler View Post
    Hey Don'tKnow, shut the fukk up and give me some betpoints if you wanna really help me out. About 300
    I gave you 40 points but with the way you talk to me you don't really deserve it ... telling me to stfu ...

  5. #180
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 58,076
    Betpoints: 36

    dontknow ... just post your LOCK LOCK LOCK plays

  6. #181
    dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I feel sorry for this dude. What a waste of time -- he's convinced himself he can't win, read a book that justifies his beliefs, then comes to a gambling forum to spread the bullshit glass-totally-empty lies and expects us to swallow it whole. Unreal.
    I haven't convinced myself gambling is bad simply based on a book.
    I watched tons of other videos on youtube, read stories on Gamcare, Grasp, and other forums, posted some on my site GamblingStories, and created a diary of everything.

    If it was a decision based on just 1 book I wouldn't be writing all this.
    What I experienced was something I felt the need to share with others. Why? Because I know how bad this addiction can be.

  7. #182
    RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-29-10
    Posts: 627
    Betpoints: 11

    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
    I gave you 40 points but with the way you talk to me you don't really deserve it ... telling me to stfu ...

    You right, my bad dontknow.


    Now can you kind sir, find it in your heart to give me 300 points. I mean you don't gamble so you don't need them. I'm actually helping you stay gamble free. Friends?
    Points Awarded:

    dontknowhowtobet gave RiverBoatGambler 300 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  8. #183
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 58,076
    Betpoints: 36

    "Never underestimate the zeal of a convert!"

  9. #184
    dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by asdf21 View Post
    Can't you all see he's just trying to do a good thing? He obviously suffered from his gambling addiction and wants to help others. Instead of appreciating that, you people ridicule him and brag about how you're +EV and he's not. Show some class, just wish him all the best and move on. That's what everyone should do.

  10. #185
    dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverBoatGambler View Post
    You right, my bad dontknow.


    Now can you kind sir, find it in your heart to give me 300 points. I mean you don't gamble so you don't need them. I'm actually helping you stay gamble free. Friends?
    Fine with me, I don't use these points ...

  11. #186
    dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    "Never underestimate the zeal of a convert!"
    What does it mean?

  12. #187
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 58,076
    Betpoints: 36

    Read it in a book

  13. #188
    tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-11-08
    Posts: 3,078
    Betpoints: 127

    Quote Originally Posted by asdf21 View Post
    Can't you all see he's just trying to do a good thing? He obviously suffered from his gambling addiction and wants to help others. Instead of appreciating that, you people ridicule him and brag about how you're +EV and he's not. Show some class, just wish him all the best and move on. That's what everyone should do.
    I agree.

    I don't care whether he gambled in the past, dontknowhowtobet is doing the absolute right thing here. And I don't care what people say, but I'm sorry you should never encourage people to gamble.
    Points Awarded:

    dontknowhowtobet gave tb1984 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dontknowhowtobet

  14. #189
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 60,057
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by asdf21 View Post
    Can't you all see he's just trying to do a good thing? He obviously suffered from his gambling addiction and wants to help others. Instead of appreciating that, you people ridicule him and brag about how you're +EV and he's not. Show some class, just wish him all the best and move on. That's what everyone should do.
    Quote Originally Posted by tb1984 View Post
    I agree.

    I don't care whether he gambled in the past, dontknowhowtobet is doing the absolute right thing here. And I don't care what people say, but I'm sorry you should never encourage people to gamble.
    You have a point here with the exception of dontknow’s method. I posted a thread about analyzing and eliminating losing behaviors in sports betting. Instead of citing someone’s research and making a list as a “look and see some negative aspects of gambling”, of which successful gamblers should also be aware, dontknow presented only why one shouldn’t gamble. Further, he presented his message as the whole picture of gambling, as if he knew everything…and cited all gambling, including casino floor games. The tone and attitude was uncalled for.

    There are those who want to learn how to gamble to win, and don’tknow has some to offer, but he wastes their time with his approach. That’s why he’s ridiculed.

    Turns out the guy flew to another country to sweat out a bet on politics. He should probably self-exclude himself from the sports betting forums, if it were possible, as he’s done with gambling cites.

    Look, there are plenty of people who drink a glass of wine at dinner each night, go to bed, and then function fine in their lives daily.Rehab counselors, who often are former addicts, draw on their experience to help others, it seems that’s dontknow’s role here.

    I respect the message.

    But folks in AA and rehab counseling do not attack the casual wine drinker who, for whatever reason, is not afflicted with their disease. Nor do they attack the afflicted, that’s just not how they help. They counsel.
    Blunt facts are fine, but, contrary to his claims, not everyone has dontknow’s disease.





    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  15. #190
    MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-20-09
    Posts: 4,917
    Betpoints: 1553

    Dontknowhottobet are you posting your plays this week? What kind of bankroll are you working with?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/12/2021


  16. #191
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 60,057
    Betpoints: 48

    Some people should not gamble, and there is no changing that (dontknow being one of them). However, for many, it can be a matter of teaching them not to lose, as opposed encouraging them not to gamble.

    It should be considered knowledge for the esoteric.




    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  17. #192
    tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-11-08
    Posts: 3,078
    Betpoints: 127

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Some people should not gamble, and there is no changing that (dontknow being one of them). However, for many, it can be a matter of teaching them not to lose, as opposed encouraging them not to gamble.

    It should be considered knowledge for the esoteric.




    If you try to teach people not to lose in gambling, you won't have anything to gamble on. We can't be all winners.

  18. #193
    MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Roger Mexico
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-14
    Posts: 15,064
    Betpoints: 846

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    dontknow ... just post your LOCK LOCK LOCK plays
    That will never get old as long as this guy is here.

  19. #194
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 60,057
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by tb1984 View Post
    If you try to teach people not to lose in gambling, you won't have anything to gamble on. We can't be all winners.
    Sure we can teach them, it’s a worldwide marketplace and there is new money and new bettors coming in regularly. Recognize that much of that money is simply the cost of responsible entertainment, not someone’s binge.

    And you’re right, we can’t all be winners, but there are many reasons for that.

    L
    et me restate, it should be considered knowledge for the esoteric.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  20. #195
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 58,076
    Betpoints: 36

    There is more substance to 'learning to lose less' than most people know...

  21. #196
    dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Dontknowhottobet are you posting your plays this week? What kind of bankroll are you working with?
    I don't, sorry... however I can post that I'm currently over 50 days of being gambling free.

  22. #197
    asdf21
    asdf21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-21-14
    Posts: 173
    Betpoints: 593

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I posted a thread about analyzing and eliminating losing behaviors in sports betting. Instead of citing someone’s research and making a list as a “look and see some negative aspects of gambling”, of which successful gamblers should also be aware, dontknow presented only why one shouldn’t gamble. Further, he presented his message as the whole picture of gambling, as if he knew everything…and cited all gambling, including casino floor games. The tone and attitude was uncalled for.
    I don't agree with that either but it's not about the correctness of the facts or opinions he is stating. It's about the message he wants to bring across. He realized that he can't win by gambling and wants to motivate others to think the same. Certainly not the right place for that as this is not a gamblers anonymous forum but again, no need to be a dick about it, just wish him good luck and move on. This thread wasn't made to discuss professional gambling, money management etc. to begin with.

  23. #198
    dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    for many, it can be a matter of teaching them not to lose
    It's impossible to teach a gambler not to lose.
    You can teach him 'money management' but in the end of the day the consequences are unknown because 'money management' means nothing to someone who just put all his hopes and dreams on a $5,000 bet, getting crushed and you try to teach him to stay cool and not 'chase' and risk $10,000 on another bet.

    It's like talking to a driver who is intoxicated (DUI) telling him to drive safely.
    It just doesn't work, it's impossible.

  24. #199
    dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Recognize that much of that money is simply the cost of responsible entertainment, not someone’s binge.
    This entire entertainment, the entire industry is built in a way that you won't be responsible. Casinos and Bookmakers design and form their activities in a way that would make a normal gambler to lose his responsibility and bet more than he can afford.

    Bookmakers tell you to only gamble what you can afford and treat gambling as form of entertainment - what happens when you lose $1000? How's that entertaining?

  25. #200
    dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by asdf21 View Post
    I don't agree with that either but it's not about the correctness of the facts or opinions he is stating. It's about the message he wants to bring across. He realized that he can't win by gambling and wants to motivate others to think the same. Certainly not the right place for that as this is not a gamblers anonymous forum but again, no need to be a dick about it, just wish him good luck and move on. This thread wasn't made to discuss professional gambling, money management etc. to begin with.
    I agree, and I just want to add I didn't bump this thread today ... others have done it, despite the fact it went to the old pages of this forum ... so that means it meant something to someone and this someone was definitely not me.

  26. #201
    DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 9,694

    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
    Well, I buy my wife some gifts ... that's 1 thing ... I also like buying cat food and feeding the cats where I live, there is a mommy cat and 3 of her kittens, they're very cute and I like to pet them ... so yeah, I spent around $30 buying food for them for like a month (a 18 kg bag) - did I spend money? yes. Is it the same as gambling? I don't think so.

    In gambling you might be handing over your money and getting nothing in return.
    You might be taking away someone's money and getting nothing in return.

    Religiously speaking it's bad (to not covet) but I'm sure most of us here are not very religious people ... so morally maybe it's okay, maybe it's not ...but ask yourself this ... dealing against an industry that its aim is to prey on people and take as much as money and assets as possible ... what makes your think you have a chance? 5Dimes got tons of money ... you bet there, you think you can beat them? How many of you managed to "beat" 5Dimes? And I'm not talking about winning $1000, I'm talking about beating the bookmaker ... yet again and again most people find themselves losing ... it's unexplained ... I lost it again ... even if you have a month of winning streak it would come back at ya ... why? because that's the way the system is designed ... to take your money.

    So I do see lots of difference between spending money on gambling and buying something else ... perhaps the exception can be buying 1 or 2 lottery tickets, but that's by itself is a waste of money and time ... the chances of winning the lottery jackpot are so slim, even if you live 1000 years your chances are still pointing out you won't make it.
    Your argument makes no sense because buying your wife gifts are feeding cats are not done for the purposes of entertainment. I gamble for entertainment. Other people go to clubs, shows, concerts, etc. Just because something isn't entertaining to you doesn't mean thats the case for everyone else.


    All forms of business are designed to make money. Should I not buy beer because beer companies are making money off of alcohlics?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: spurginobili

  27. #202
    DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 9,694

    Quote Originally Posted by asdf21 View Post
    Can't you all see he's just trying to do a good thing? He obviously suffered from his gambling addiction and wants to help others. Instead of appreciating that, you people ridicule him and brag about how you're +EV and he's not. Show some class, just wish him all the best and move on. That's what everyone should do.
    He posted a thread with a blatantly false thread title. It's one thing to quit gambling because you have a problem but it's another to assume that everyone else has a problem too. It's like the born again Christian who suddenly decides that everyone else needs to find Christ too. No we don't.

  28. #203
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 76,309
    Betpoints: 16541

    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
    I haven't convinced myself gambling is bad simply based on a book.
    I watched tons of other videos on youtube, read stories on Gamcare, Grasp, and other forums, posted some on my site GamblingStories, and created a diary of everything.

    If it was a decision based on just 1 book I wouldn't be writing all this.
    What I experienced was something I felt the need to share with others. Why? Because I know how bad this addiction can be.
    WTF are you talking about? I've never had a problem winning, and I'm doing great the last two years. Am I the smartest man in the world? No. Am I the luckiest man in the world? No. Am I a "pro" gambler? No. Do I spend hours and hours with systems and research? No.

    You have been brainwashed. Simple as that. I'm not saying it's easy to win gambling, but to write it off as impossible is complete and utter nonsense.
    Points Awarded:

    gopro gave No coincidences 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gopro

  29. #204
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 76,309
    Betpoints: 16541

    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
    It's impossible to teach a gambler not to lose.
    You can teach him 'money management' but in the end of the day the consequences are unknown because 'money management' means nothing to someone who just put all his hopes and dreams on a $5,000 bet, getting crushed and you try to teach him to stay cool and not 'chase' and risk $10,000 on another bet.

    It's like talking to a driver who is intoxicated (DUI) telling him to drive safely.
    It just doesn't work, it's impossible.
    You are applying your own degenerate experiences to everyone. Just stop already.

  30. #205
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 60,057
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You are applying your own degenerate experiences to everyone. Just stop already.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  31. #206
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 60,057
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
    It's impossible to teach a gambler not to lose.
    You can teach him 'money management' but in the end of the day the consequences are unknown because 'money management' means nothing to someone who just put all his hopes and dreams on a $5,000 bet, getting crushed and you try to teach him to stay cool and not 'chase' and risk $10,000 on another bet.

    It's like talking to a driver who is intoxicated (DUI) telling him to drive safely.
    It just doesn't work, it's impossible.
    I'm sensing a lack of maturity with dontknowhowtobet.

    If a bettor is putting all his hopes and dreams on a bet, he didn't learn money management like you assert and likely has much more to learn. To stay with your analogy, we're not even talking to drunk drivers here, we're talking about teaching them to not get intoxicated.

    For those with a problem, like dontknow, this is likely not possible or clearly ill-advised.

    Be aware dontknow that you represent a lot of folks; but know that while definitions vary, most of the people in the world who drink alcohol are not afflicted with alcoholism, just like most of the people in the world who gamble are not afflicted with dontknow's disease.


    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  32. #207
    RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-29-10
    Posts: 627
    Betpoints: 11

    Hey chumps need to lay off my pal!!!!


    He's just trying to help people out!!! He's from good people!!!!

  33. #208
    dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    WTF are you talking about? I've never had a problem winning, and I'm doing great the last two years. Am I the smartest man in the world? No. Am I the luckiest man in the world? No. Am I a "pro" gambler? No. Do I spend hours and hours with systems and research? No.

    You have been brainwashed. Simple as that. I'm not saying it's easy to win gambling, but to write it off as impossible is complete and utter nonsense.
    Honestly how long have you been gambling and since the very first time you started would you say in total you're in the negative or in the positive? (based on calculating the total of your entire lifetime gambling)

  34. #209
    dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 960

    Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    It's one thing to quit gambling because you have a problem but it's another to assume that everyone else has a problem too.
    I've never said everyone has a problem.
    The thread is strictly implying "gambling responsibly" is a myth.

    In another words if the bookmakers or casinos tell you on their website (or in very small leaflet in their establishment) that you should gamble responsibly - it's like telling a drunk driver to drive carefully, that's what I was implying.

    I don't believe and I've never believed all the people in this world have problems ... you might be reflecting that driver that had jut 1 shot of wine before he starts driving ... so for and for some others gambling is "harmless" but that is because you never went ALL IN, you never tried to hedge, risk and take larger bets - which is good, and you better stay that way ... but keep in mind some people are not like that ... some people get so hooked into it - they eventually spend thousands, or even their life savings go into gambling.

    This is not implying ALL GAMBLERS are going to lose their entire life savings ... but it's implying you're dealing with some nasty entertaining activity here ... even if you're very responsible with your money and with this habit - it takes 1 day of winning big to start losing big ... in fact the day most gamblers lose their life savings doesn't start with a loss ... it starts with a win, and usually it's a big win - and those who experience it are the ones in most danger.

  35. #210
    DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 9,694

    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
    I've never said everyone has a problem.
    The thread is strictly implying "gambling responsibly" is a myth.

    In another words if the bookmakers or casinos tell you on their website (or in very small leaflet in their establishment) that you should gamble responsibly - it's like telling a drunk driver to drive carefully, that's what I was implying.

    I don't believe and I've never believed all the people in this world have problems ... you might be reflecting that driver that had jut 1 shot of wine before he starts driving ... so for and for some others gambling is "harmless" but that is because you never went ALL IN, you never tried to hedge, risk and take larger bets - which is good, and you better stay that way ... but keep in mind some people are not like that ... some people get so hooked into it - they eventually spend thousands, or even their life savings go into gambling.

    This is not implying ALL GAMBLERS are going to lose their entire life savings ... but it's implying you're dealing with some nasty entertaining activity here ... even if you're very responsible with your money and with this habit - it takes 1 day of winning big to start losing big ... in fact the day most gamblers lose their life savings doesn't start with a loss ... it starts with a win, and usually it's a big win - and those who experience it are the ones in most danger.
    You're still not making any sense. If I dont chase and go all in then I am gambling responsibly. Yes, some people are unable to gamble responsibly, but that doesn't make it a myth. Again, you're projecting your own issues onto other people. There are plenty of people who bet responsibly.

First ... 3456789 ... Last
Top