1. #36
    Ronald S.
    Ronald S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-02-13
    Posts: 344
    Betpoints: 2347

    Lack of line movement seems to support Indiana. ~70% of public is on Wisky yet line has barely budged.

  2. #37
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    wouldnt matter what you tell me,, think there really good arguments for both sides of that gm and honestly i have no idea, lot of guys i respect on arky and i understand it but scared to death of the rebounding adv uk could have.. once that total dropped to 153 i played the over, only thing i saw any value on in that one..
    should be a great game either way


  3. #38
    tsimmns
    tsimmns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-13
    Posts: 677
    Betpoints: 1584

    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    If the spread were 6 would you have said Wisconsin rolls by at least 7 or 8?
    My meaning my roll is this: Wiscy will more than likely dominate the game. IU will probably keep it close and hang around. Will they have a chance to win, sure. Most every game comes down to a couple points. However, in the end with all the fouls and FT's shot by Wiscy and missed 3's by IU I see Wiscy winning by at least 5/6

  4. #39
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,860
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by juanitodelfuego View Post
    Ok, I am a degenerate when it come Hoosier Hoops, so I am trying to stir the pot in a nice way. Seriously, smile when you read this. Which is you shit talking whiskey fans wants to bet? I have like 200 bet points and would love to put them up on this game. In my own post I said its a 5-6 pt game, but this is cracking me up. Take 'me in 10-20 increments up to what ever I have. Post before the game and I get IU and 4. If you win, you can ride me like a rented donkey 
    im not a shit talking wiscy fan, i dont even like fans of any team really as they the most unreasonable group of ppl in the world... all just numbers to me and mine say the line is short, clearly ive been known to be wrong from time to time but it is what it is.i doubt it a double digit win. i have wiscy by 7-9 points... maybe indy brings their absolute A gm and certainly possible wiscy has a bad shooting night but even a bad shooting night i dont think buries them as indy turns the ball over so much wiscy will prob have extra possessions to knock down tryes, they wont shoot lighs out but they will hit enough in spurts i believe to get the W.. if you could transfer more than 2 points a day id take the 200..

  5. #40
    localdallasbook
    localdallasbook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-14-14
    Posts: 25

    Good luck to you.

  6. #41
    juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU
    juanitodelfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-12-09
    Posts: 514
    Betpoints: 1066

    Hey Bank, I think you forgot to smile when you read my post. But since you threw down, we can go 2 for one day or 2 for a hundred days. I'll be sitting behind UW' s bench, about 9 rows up... Wait do you watch the games or just wait for results?
    Last edited by juanitodelfuego; 01-14-14 at 05:23 PM.

  7. #42
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,860
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by juanitodelfuego View Post
    Hey Bank, I think you forgot to smile when you read my post. But since you threw down, we can go 2 for one day or 2 for a hundred days. I'll be sitting behind UW' s bench, about 9 rows up... Wait do you watch the games or just wait for results?
    Depends.. I'm home for the night so I'll be watching.. That sweet, I'm sure that a awesome atmosphere. The only college games I've ever been to are the Illini/mizzou game in stl which cool but prob not as wild as home court at Indy, and I've went to handful of the Missouri valley conf tourney games as that played here in stl as well, guess I been to few slu gms but this was years ago when they wernt all that good and atmosphere there not great anyway.. I don't care bout the points bet bro, I have plenty of real money on gm, if u wanna we can but no matter to me.. Have fun man, I hope iu jumps out early so u have something to cheer bout till wiscy comes back and breaks ur heart! Lol.. You should make a sign that says banker Told me wiscy would win and hold it up at end when wiscy running out the clock ! I'd send u 2 points a day for long as u want if u do that!!
    Points Awarded:

    juanitodelfuego gave 2daBank 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  8. #43
    JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-10
    Posts: 5,281
    Betpoints: 6895

    Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Yeah no value yesterday in Kansas....None at all Great post

    every academic study/paper I have read on-line.....clearly states that the oddsmakers "skew" the line in favor
    of the road favorite, why ?? the public not only bets the favorite, but the road favorite as well, it's not where the value is......you may win a few here and there, ...good luck with that, public doesn't bet underdogs, clown

  9. #44
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,860
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    every academic study/paper I have read on-line.....clearly states that the oddsmakers "skew" the line in favor
    of the road favorite, why ?? the public not only bets the favorite, but the road favorite as well, it's not where the value is......you may win a few here and there, ...good luck with that, public doesn't bet underdogs, clown
    I think the material may be somewhat outdated. I'm sure there was a time it was true, hell it also used to be that u could blindly fade any ranked team on road as dogs to unranked but things change.. Gotta stay ahead of gm and there been some very good value with some road favs lately... Certainly that will change but I think putting yourself into a box with rules is a mistake. My approach had always been to make my number and when my number and the line disagree play it and hope over time it works out, as long as my math/strategy is sound which I trust it is.. To follow that Rule u would have passed on spArty-2.5 at Indy and that was 1 of best plays in quite some time.. I think days are gone of just assuming value always in the home dog. Just my opinion tho..
    Points Awarded:

    JR007 gave 2daBank 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  10. #45
    BIGDAY
    cureangelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 41,732
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    say what you will but this is a bad spot for the Badgers.

    public is all over the road favorite in a nationally telivised game.

    wisconsin won't be shooting lights out on the road. And once they fall behind they dont have the type of
    up- tempo offense that can play catch up.

    tonight is a spot bettors dream.
    Hows that spot bet starting out??

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015


  11. #46
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    every academic study/paper I have read on-line.....clearly states that the oddsmakers "skew" the line in favor
    of the road favorite, why ?? the public not only bets the favorite, but the road favorite as well, it's not where the value is......you may win a few here and there, ...good luck with that, public doesn't bet underdogs, clown
    where do you get your stats from?

    what are the actual stats on public favs vs dogs

  12. #47
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,860
    Betpoints: 18

    Chill out big day.. Too early for that crap, no mushing wiscy please

  13. #48
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 33,320
    Betpoints: 2888

    Hold on, did Kansas State seriously just go on 12-0 run in like a minute and a half? Lol Jesus.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2017


  14. #49
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,860
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Hold on, did Kansas State seriously just go on 12-0 run in like a minute and a half? Lol Jesus.
    Ou defense must be really bad cause kst and scoring burst not exactly something u here together..

  15. #50
    BIGDAY
    cureangelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 41,732
    Betpoints: 12

    Whiskey probably wins by 20

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015


  16. #51
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    big day must really be on indiana here

  17. #52
    BIGDAY
    cureangelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 41,732
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    big day must really be on indiana here
    I don't believe in mushing. Even though I'm fairly talented at it.

    Im on WI & PennSt

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015


  18. #53
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I don't believe in mushing. Even though I'm fairly talented at it.

    Im on WI & PennSt
    neither do i ..

    i was kidding pal

  19. #54
    JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-10
    Posts: 5,281
    Betpoints: 6895

    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I think the material may be somewhat outdated. I'm sure there was a time it was true, hell it also used to be that u could blindly fade any ranked team on road as dogs to unranked but things change.. Gotta stay ahead of gm and there been some very good value with some road favs lately... Certainly that will change but I think putting yourself into a box with rules is a mistake. My approach had always been to make my number and when my number and the line disagree play it and hope over time it works out, as long as my math/strategy is sound which I trust it is.. To follow that Rule u would have passed on spArty-2.5 at Indy and that was 1 of best plays in quite some time.. I think days are gone of just assuming value always in the home dog. Just my opinion tho..
    first thing I look at when I look at the board is the public teams on the road, for example I would not think gonzaga being a 7 or 8 point fav on the road in conference play is considered value....I figure that line is skewed one, maybe two points

  20. #55
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,860
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    first thing I look at when I look at the board is the public teams on the road, for example I would not think gonzaga being a 7 or 8 point fav on the road in conference play is considered value....I figure that line is skewed one, maybe two points
    Ok but u citing pacific examples. Not real often there great value on zags, especially on road in conf. As lot of those teams they play not name brands.. On other hand Hoosiers being Hoosiers and their home court has created a few games with value on the road team. There some teams u prob will rarely if ever find value in, but again that case by case, some teams are undervalued home or away and others the opposite.. I'm just saying this day and age I don't like limiting myself based off broad generalizations. Not to mention the ppl betting now days are a lot more informed and u have a lot of ppl that look for home dogs which gonna create value on road favs from time to time..

  21. #56
    BIGDAY
    cureangelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 41,732
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    neither do i ..

    i was kidding pal
    That said... I may have mushed us.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015


  22. #57
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    That said... I may have mushed us.
    they are up by 1 still .. an entire half left man

    try to stay positive lol

  23. #58
    JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-10
    Posts: 5,281
    Betpoints: 6895

    I see your point, guess for me it's harder to spot the value with the road favorites, but you are a originator/modeler, I am not, so I defer to your knowledge on this .......thank you

    reference book : Joseph Buchdahl "Fixed Odds Sports Betting" Statistical Forecasting and Risk Management
    Last edited by JR007; 01-14-14 at 07:06 PM.

  24. #59
    Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-12-13
    Posts: 11,919
    Betpoints: 5416

    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    It's cute how it appears u consider yourself not "square"...
    sbr is all sharp banker..ha

  25. #60
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,860
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
    sbr is all sharp banker..ha
    There no damn way that true cause I'm not all that sharp and compared to most these fuks round here I'm freaking Nostradamus !!! Obviously by "most these fuks" not talking bout you cats I respect .. Just the assholes

  26. #61
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    There no damn way that true cause I'm not all that sharp and compared to most these fuks round here I'm freaking Nostradamus !!! Obviously by "most these fuks" not talking bout you cats I respect .. Just the assholes
    im an asshole =(

    help

  27. #62
    COdoubleBizzle
    COdoubleBizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-11-13
    Posts: 668
    Betpoints: 174

    shit wisconsin has missed 7 shots in a row, they need to get in the paint

  28. #63
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    wispy looking bad this second half

    assembly hall is crazyyyyyyyy

  29. #64
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    wisconsin backers are nervous now just after a nice 10 point lead

  30. #65
    COdoubleBizzle
    COdoubleBizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-11-13
    Posts: 668
    Betpoints: 174

    8 in a row.....12-0 indiana run, fukking bullshit

  31. #66
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,860
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    wisconsin backers are nervous now just after a nice 10 point lead
    I wish they would switch to playing some zone and force Indy to knock down outside shots

  32. #67
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    Quote Originally Posted by COdoubleBizzle View Post
    8 in a row.....12-0 indiana run, fukking bullshit
    indiana is underrated

    anyone who thinks they aren't that good is a fukkin idiot

  33. #68
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 44,860
    Betpoints: 18

    Nevermind

  34. #69
    You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-12
    Posts: 16,641
    Betpoints: -24

    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I wish they would switch to playing some zone and force Indy to knock down outside shots
    as you say that they hit a 3 lol

    figures right

  35. #70
    GHSCREW
    Where did Kemba Go?
    GHSCREW's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-25-13
    Posts: 1,523
    Betpoints: 24

    what a run by indiana. wow
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/07/2017


First 12345 Last
Top