jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How much are you down the last 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by JayMoney24_7 View Post
    When I first started gambling, Sep 2013, I was placing a $1000 on my cc every deposit. I was betting a $1000 every bet when I first started. Didn't know better. My first deposit was extremely successful. Turned $1,000 into $11,000 in a week. Didn't cash out. Placed $8,400 on the Saints -3 vs Bucs during Sep. and been chasing $11,000 ever since. I've made a shit ton ever since, but I never cashout because mentally I want to see exactly what I owe in the account balance. I charged up $13,000 on cc in the last 5 months. Most of the damage was done early in Sep-October. Now I know better, took my first cashout this week, but I've given back $$$$$ since as well. Just last week gave back $3000 in profits, the week before that $3900 in profits. Hence my thread. No more giving the books shit back. No coc.k swallowing stories on my part. Just cc debt.

JayMoney24_7
    JayMoney24_7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1266

I'm not even in 6 months. $13,000 in 4 months is enough losing. I just got involved in sports gambling in September. September 1rst on the nose. Started with baseball. What I will say is that cashing out everytime I get up a few thousands is my new plan of attack. Going all in has been detrimental. No need to keep large bankrolls, that's just temptation. Wisdom comes with time, and I've had my ass kicked enough in 3-4 months. Time to put it in practice.
    Last edited by JayMoney24_7; 01-14-14 at 07:22 PM.

jjgold

Ok like your strategy..big balances do get you in trouble

Be smart and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by JayMoney24_7 View Post
    I'm not even in 6 months. $13,000 in 4 months is enough losing. I just got involved in sports gambling in September. September 1rst on the nose. Started with baseball. What I will say is that cashing out everytime I get up a few thousands is my new plan of attack. Going all in has been detrimental. No need to keep large bankrolls, that's just temptation. Wisdom comes with time, and I've had my ass kicked enough in 3-4 months. Time to put it in practice.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Wow JJ. Your aunt must be dumb as shit lol

Rod Tidwell
    Rod Tidwell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

This is a little off topic, but similar...

Circa 2004- I was in the hole about 25k to a bookie, and I didn't have the money. I had about 2k in cash to my name, or I was going to have to take out cash against my house which my wife would find out about. Like a complete degen, I took my 2 or 3k to Foxwoods and "went for it". It was 25k or bust, I knew the odds were against me, but I was f'cked either way. I literally said a prayer on the way in, "if you let me win this money, I'll never gamble again"....

I was so upset doing it, so mad at myself, felt like a complete lowlife. I started playing craps, I gave the host my players card and started slowly. About an hour later I had 5k in front of me. Then the host came over to me and asked to confirm my name, he told me that I needed to go to player services they had been calling my name over the loud speaker.

Here's where it gets funny. Turns out I won a daily drawing for all table players, by giving the host my card at the craps table I was automatically entered. I won $5,000 cash, I couldn't f'cking believe it...prayers being answered. Now I had 10k in my hands, almost halfway out of debt and it appeared God was on my side. I headed back to the craps table with 10k, ready to rock. How could I lose right? Fate was on my side...I tossed the 10k on the table asked for 500 and 100 chips, I had a toothpick in my mouth and drink in my hand. I was so confident I think my dick winked at a waitress...I owned this place!!! So I thought, the wind shifted and the gambling god unleashed hell on me, I didn't have a chance. 7 out, after 7 out. 20 minutes later, completely busted out. Drink empty, toothpick gone, dick left the building.

I proceeded to get completely hammered by myself at the high rollers lounge. Woke up the next day, got a home equity line of credit and paid my bookie. That was about 10 years ago. Haven't been to Foxwoods since and I haven't placed a bet through a bookie since.

Gotta love gambling....
    Points Awarded:

Stelio Kontos gave Rod Tidwell 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GotGreek
    GotGreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11721

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Tidwell View Post
    This is a little off topic, but similar...

Circa 2004- I was in the hole about 25k to a bookie, and I didn't have the money. I had about 2k in cash to my name, or I was going to have to take out cash against my house which my wife would find out about. Like a complete degen, I took my 2 or 3k to Foxwoods and "went for it". It was 25k or bust, I knew the odds were against me, but I was f'cked either way. I literally said a prayer on the way in, "if you let me win this money, I'll never gamble again"....

I was so upset doing it, so mad at myself, felt like a complete lowlife. I started playing craps, I gave the host my players card and started slowly. About an hour later I had 5k in front of me. Then the host came over to me and asked to confirm my name, he told me that I needed to go to player services they had been calling my name over the loud speaker.

Here's where it gets funny. Turns out I won a daily drawing for all table players, by giving the host my card at the craps table I was automatically entered. I won $5,000 cash, I couldn't f'cking believe it...prayers being answered. Now I had 10k in my hands, almost halfway out of debt and it appeared God was on my side. I headed back to the craps table with 10k, ready to rock. How could I lose right? Fate was on my side...I tossed the 10k on the table asked for 500 and 100 chips, I had a toothpick in my mouth and drink in my hand. I was so confident I think my dick winked at a waitress...I owned this place!!! So I thought, the wind shifted and the gambling god unleashed hell on me, I didn't have a chance. 7 out, after 7 out. 20 minutes later, completely busted out. Drink empty, toothpick gone, dick left the building.

I proceeded to get completely hammered by myself at the high rollers lounge. Woke up the next day, got a home equity line of credit and paid my bookie. That was about 10 years ago. Haven't been to Foxwoods since and I haven't placed a bet through a bookie since.

Gotta love gambling....
    I guess you were gonna quit gambling regardless whether you won the 25k or not. Why didnt you just give the guy the 10k and figure out a payment plan, im sure he would take 10k over not getting paid by a degen.

Rod Tidwell
    Rod Tidwell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by GotGreek View Post
    I guess you were gonna quit gambling regardless whether you won the 25k or not. Why didnt you just give the guy the 10k and figure out a payment plan, im sure he would take 10k over not getting paid by a degen.
    i was in a weird place...that would have been to logical...

GotGreek
    GotGreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11721

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Tidwell View Post
    i was in a weird place...that would have been to logical...
    I feel you, i feel like all degens including myself have been there, but that what makes us lose in the long run (money management).

jjgold

A few times I was in charge of money meaning had to deliver to bank on Fridays, a few times I held back and did it on Monday and used the Money to gamble over the weekend. Once I lost all 10k and had to quickly get a loan shark to replace money, the other few times broke even. Now that is pressure.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

once or twice as a young man !!
    many, many years ago !!

jjgold

As you get older you don't pull stunts like this

Not worth it and you get into legal trouble

If you don't have money to gamble just wait until you have a little stash

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Coach you still ben working the gloryholes

jjgold

Smoky no

I think I had a thread about gambling with Gay bookmakers

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Smoky no

I think I had a thread about gambling with Gay bookmakers
    You looked happy though

RocketFan
    RocketFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

i put all you guys to shame. have pawned any valuable including wife's wedding ring multiple times over the years. I always beg borrow steal gamble and get out of the hole only to fall back in again.

I have had several runs to take me from broke to 100k+

jjgold

Smokey good one!!

Rocketfan that is pretty good stuff

I sold stuff but small potatoes

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

haha

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    You looked happy though

is that 2dabank and no coincidences?

having sex after picking losers and placing $20 bets after obsessing over line movement all day?

Smoke

I pawned my lawnmower several times

Grass didnt get cut for a moth each time

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    is that 2dabank and no coincidences?

having sex after picking losers and placing $20 bets after obsessing over line movement all day?
    Can't be nocoin he never leaves the house

RocketFan
    RocketFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

I must be the worst money manager in the world and I doubt I can improve. Several times I have lost very hard attained money in a matter of weeks or days or hours. Examples are losing money collected after a year long lawsuit, season long LVH football contest winnings, etc
    I have had luxury cars repossessed, list goes on and on. Despite being a 60%+ picker, for some reason I cannot wait for the right game. I could go 5-1, yet lose 1/3 my bankroll on the 1 loss and then the rest of it by chasing in stupidity. Most of my enormous chase bets are shots in the dark..stuff I know nothing about...almost feels like I bet to lose..like James Caan in the movie The Gambler.

First 12