zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

This is exactly what Cavs need to see how good they actually can be with Irving and a all star caliber SF on the team. Absolutely love this move in that regard. Thankfully it wasn't for Gasol which wouldn't have helped team much at all.

Rose is all that matters right now in Chitown... no trades, no draft picks, no oversees player coming next year will matter if Rose can't stay healthy. I hope he can though because I would love to see Irving and Rose battling in future playoffs.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Quote Originally Posted by WhatALoser View Post
    Those guys always look good until they step foot on a nba court. Jonas Valanciunas was the king at one time as well. It takes a while for guys like that to adjust.
    Not always, right. Dirk still looked good, right?

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

If we get that fukkin loser Melo, I will stop watching this team entirely.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think we see now that Rose is not a franchise player

Very good player good on the offense event but that's about it

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Evan Turner, now were talking. He'd be a great fit in Chicago.

lubass
    lubass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Bill Simmons@BillSimmons2m
    Luol Deng press conference tomorrow: "A big thanks to everyone in Chicago... well, except for the team doctors who almost killed me..."

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Deng makes the Cavs an instant playoff team, not a championship contender.

Needs to be signed or a useless move.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Deng makes the Cavs an instant playoff team, not a championship contender.

Needs to be signed or a useless move.
    I would have to assume that's the plan. Not sure he's going to be worth to Cleveland what they will have to pay for him. He's a Thibodeau system guy who's been overworked and will be on the wrong side of 30 soon and tends to have chronic ailments. He's going to want 3-4 years and probably 13-14 mil per. Hard to see where he'll be worth it for the Cavs.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Deng has a little miles on his body for a young guy. Remember he started at Duke at 17 and played one year and got drafted.

he is prone to a lot of little nagging injuries that he can tough out and play through, but his play will be of a lesser caliber when he does.

I'd not want to sign this guy past two year., and I was surprised the Bulls offered him what he did

His achilles worries me now

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

did Deng make it to Cleveland to suit up?

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    You don't have a clue. Bulls now have cap space, possibly 3 first round picks this season and the best non-American in the world coming to their team, while they amnesty Boozer. They will be great immediately.
    tallest ant hill in the world

I'm hearing more and more about this guy and he's definitely not gonna be the best 2nd or even third option on the team. You've been wrong about your pre-season "preview" of the Bulls players on the team. You can stop throwing this guy around like he's the second coming.

and for others, it'll be a miracle if the Bulls don't make the playoffs with all the shit teams around, and shit coaches

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    tallest ant hill in the world

I'm hearing more and more about this guy and he's definitely not gonna be the best 2nd or even third option on the team. You've been wrong about your pre-season "preview" of the Bulls players on the team. You can stop throwing this guy around like he's the second coming.

and for others, it'll be a miracle if the Bulls don't make the playoffs with all the shit teams around, and shit coaches
    I wasn't wrong about anything. Facts was, is and remains that Rose has to stay healthy for the Bulls to win. Nobody knows if that will happen. But Mirotic will be an all-star within his first three seasons in the NBA. Bulls traded up to 23 to draft him knowing that he wouldn't be over for 3-4 years and he's only improved and exceeded expectations since then. That should tell you plenty.
    Last edited by d2bets; 01-08-14 at 06:05 PM.

I/O

I wasn't wrong about anything. Facts was, is and remains that Rose has to stay healthy for the Bulls to win. Nobody knows if that will happen. But Mirotic will be an all-star within his first three seasons in the NBA. Bulls traded up to 23 to draft him knowing that he wouldn't be over for 3-4 years and he's only improved and exceeded expectations since then. That should tell you plenty.
    Your endless homer posts tell me plenty. Forget this All Star shit. Bulls are just hoping to buy him out so he can play here next year. Then, if this European playing Euro basketball wants to play for Tibbs, Mr Defense, for a team that's cleaned house, with a star player with TWO blown knees (in line for another lost season at anytime) that answers to his ghetto brother, he will also have to be happy with what the Bulls pay him. Better be well Over the almost 5 mill he's getting now. I hope for your lame homer ass he doesn't accept any extension with his current team. Maybe he likes the water over there better? Maybe he likes excelling in a different league that plays a different style of basketball? Maybe he knocks up some hairy legged chick? All Star in your homer dreams. He may never play in the states.

How's Dunleavy working out for ya??

Nice call homer

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Your endless homer posts tell me plenty. Forget this All Star shit. Bulls are just hoping to buy him out so he can play here next year. Then, if this European playing Euro basketball wants to play for Tibbs, Mr Defense, for a team that's cleaned house, with a star player with TWO blown knees (in line for another lost season at anytime) that answers to his ghetto brother, he will also have to be happy with what the Bulls pay him. Better be well Over the almost 5 mill he's getting now. I hope for your lame homer ass he doesn't accept any extension with his current team. Maybe he likes the water over there better? Maybe he likes excelling in a different league that plays a different style of basketball? Maybe he knocks up some hairy legged chick? All Star in your homer dreams. He may never play in the states.

How's Dunleavy working out for ya??

Nice call homer
    Huh? Dunleavy was a great bargain signing. If the Bulls want to trade him, I'm sure they would find plenty of suitors.

As for Mirotic, maybe he wont come over, I don't know. I sure hope he does though, because he is going to be a star.

BigDeem5

The Cavs got a good deal.

Bill Simmons is an idiot.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    The Cavs got a good deal.

Bill Simmons is an idiot.
    I don't see how the Cavs got a good deal. First, they're not winning anything this season. So if they don't re-sign Deng then they gave up draft pick considerations for nothing. And if they do re-sign Deng, they are going to overpay for him because he is demanding too much for a player that's coplementary at best with a ton of miles on him. He's not going to put the Cabs over the top. They're better off stockpiling picks.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I don't see Deng's game meshing well with that cavs offense.

time will tell, but I would find it tough to get excited about getting Denf.

the Bulls have been shopping him for two years And no team wanted to touch him on his current contract.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Cavs ML tonight for 1 unit.
    Deng isn't great, but he should help them out for sure. Irving needs to find him slashing to the hoop. But at least he won't be like he was on the bulls this year, he needs a guard that can drive or at least make plays.

WhatALoser
    WhatALoser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

A Luol Deng in this league is somebody every coach wants. He's a good locker room guy and overall a guy who brings it game in and game out. He can hit the outside shot, he can drive, he can d up, he can play different positions, he can enter into any system and succeed. He's been with the Bulls so long we forget he's only 28. He's in his prime and will bring it for another decent 4-5 years. Health is always a concern but that's the chance you take, just like the chance of leaving your franchise in the hands of a flower who is fragile. One wrong cut, it's over with.

I/O

Huh? Dunleavy was a great bargain signing. If the Bulls want to trade him, I'm sure they would find plenty of suitors.

As for Mirotic, maybe he wont come over, I don't know. I sure hope he does though, because he is going to be a star.
    Sweet backstroke Homer

What does it matter whether or not Dunleavy will be picked up by someone? Or if he was a bargain signing? He was brought in with a ton of expectations and YOU were all about it. He fulfilled nothing. Worse yet, he can't play defense at all, LET ALONE FOR A DEFENSIVE MINDED COACH.The guy sucked when they had a full team. Hello. Now he's getting minutes on a shit squad and is prolly one of the main offensive threats on a shit offensive team that NOBODY gives a fuk about playing against.

You are definitely Homer dreaming when it comes to your Euro "All Star". Why talk all this shit about something that has a 50/50 chance of happening AT BEST. He first gotta get here. Then play his Euro ball here. But you got him as an All Star in three years. When the twin dipshit GM's of the Bulls drafted him, they thought they would buy him out near or at the end of his current contract. OOPS! His team is looking not only to keep him, but are offering extensions NOW while he's still under contract. Now the Bulls not only have to offer a number to his current team, but will have to pay him a pretty solid number with years if all goes well. AND, he's gotta want to come here.

I believe one of us saw all the injuries before the season started. It wasn't you.

Much to do about nothing right? The Bulls are always gonna be fine right Homer?

You should keep your opinions along side your "bets". To yourself

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Sweet backstroke Homer

What does it matter whether or not Dunleavy will be picked up by someone? Or if he was a bargain signing? He was brought in with a ton of expectations and YOU were all about it. He fulfilled nothing. Worse yet, he can't play defense at all, LET ALONE FOR A DEFENSIVE MINDED COACH.The guy sucked when they had a full team. Hello. Now he's getting minutes on a shit squad and is prolly one of the main offensive threats on a shit offensive team that NOBODY gives a fuk about playing against.

You are definitely Homer dreaming when it comes to your Euro "All Star". Why talk all this shit about something that has a 50/50 chance of happening AT BEST. He first gotta get here. Then play his Euro ball here. But you got him as an All Star in three years. When the twin dipshit GM's of the Bulls drafted him, they thought they would buy him out near or at the end of his current contract. OOPS! His team is looking not only to keep him, but are offering extensions NOW while he's still under contract. Now the Bulls not only have to offer a number to his current team, but will have to pay him a pretty solid number with years if all goes well. AND, he's gotta want to come here.

I believe one of us saw all the injuries before the season started. It wasn't you.

Much to do about nothing right? The Bulls are always gonna be fine right Homer?

You should keep your opinions along side your "bets". To yourself
    On Dunleavy, what expectations? He's pretty much doing exactly what they expected of him, if not more. He was signed as a role player, and that's what he is.

I don't believe the Bulls expected Mirotic to come over until at least this off-season if not next. We'll see what happens. I think the only chance he doesn't come is if the Bulls max out on some big contract, and I hope they don't sign someone like Carmelo at the expense of bringing Mirotic over. That would be a mistake because Mirotic will be a star.

I didn't foresee Rose hurting his other knee, you got me on that one. I'm not good at predicting freak injuries. It could happen or not happen, it's only after the fact that it seems so obvious? Will he re-injure next season? I don't think so, but again, I could end up wrong. Nobody really knows.

If Rose can stay healthy, the Bulls will be fine.

I/O

On Dunleavy, what expectations? He's pretty much doing exactly what they expected of him, if not more. He was signed as a role player, and that's what he is.

I don't believe the Bulls expected Mirotic to come over until at least this off-season if not next. We'll see what happens. I think the only chance he doesn't come is if the Bulls max out on some big contract, and I hope they don't sign someone like Carmelo at the expense of bringing Mirotic over. That would be a mistake because Mirotic will be a star.

I didn't foresee Rose hurting his other knee, you got me on that one. I'm not good at predicting freak injuries. It could happen or not happen, it's only after the fact that it seems so obvious? Will he re-injure next season? I don't think so, but again, I could end up wrong. Nobody really knows.

If Rose can stay healthy, the Bulls will be fine.
    I don't know what games you watched, but to start the season, he sucked and wasn't remotely close to what they expected. It was/is a net loss having him on the floor. You had him playing a key role as you once stated your lame take on each player and position.

The injuries I referred to had NOTHING to do with Rose, but all the rest of the cadavers on the team. You dismissed it then as much to do about nothing.

As long as you brought up Rose and the Bulls glorious future......explain what your homer Free Agent prayer is when you kneel along side your bed at night with your Bulls jamies on? Please tell us all who is going to come to Chicago and play with a PAYROLL GOBBLING superstar with TWO shot knees that both crapped out in NON CONTACT situations?? On a team completely cleaning house?? With a coach that hates the front office?? For a city with monster winters?? In a division with Miami, Indi, (and Cleveland)??

And I'm talking winning the NBA Championship! Not some Homer "we made it to the Finals and were a game away" crap!
    Last edited by I/O; 01-10-14 at 06:41 PM.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by WhatALoser View Post
    A Luol Deng in this league is somebody every coach wants. He's a good locker room guy and overall a guy who brings it game in and game out. He can hit the outside shot, he can drive, he can d up, he can play different positions, he can enter into any system and succeed. He's been with the Bulls so long we forget he's only 28. He's in his prime and will bring it for another decent 4-5 years. Health is always a concern but that's the chance you take, just like the chance of leaving your franchise in the hands of a flower who is fragile. One wrong cut, it's over with.
    No No No NO NO NO

wrong

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't know what games you watched, but to start the season, he sucked and wasn't remotely close to what they expected. It was/is a net loss having him on the floor. You had him playing a key role as you once stated your lame take on each player and position.

The injuries I referred to had NOTHING to do with Rose, but all the rest of the cadavers on the team. You dismissed it then as much to do about nothing.

As long as you brought up Rose and the Bulls glorious future......explain what your homer Free Agent prayer is when you kneel along side your bed at night with your Bulls jamies on? Please tell us all who is going to come to Chicago and play with a PAYROLL GOBBLING superstar with TWO shot knees that both crapped out in NON CONTACT situations?? On a team completely cleaning house?? With a coach that hates the front office?? For a city with monster winters?? In a division with Miami, Indi, (and Cleveland)??

And I'm talking winning the NBA Championship! Not some Homer "we made it to the Finals and were a game away" crap!
    I'm not sure what injuries you're talking about. Deng is gone. Boozer will be amnestied. Butler is not a cadaver.

I don't think the Bulls are going to get a big name max-type free agent. Bulls only have like $13 mil or so and probably half that will go toward bringing Mirotic over.

It all comes down to Rose's health. No denying it. Not sure any team could win with their max contract player out for the season.

Oh, and Miami is not in the Bulls division. And why would anyone be afraid of Cleveland, a team that spent a #1 draft pick on a guy that can't play on the NBA.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think we see now that Rose is not a franchise player

Very good player good on the offense event but that's about it
    Derrick Rose = Brandon Roy

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Derrick Rose = Brandon Roy
    Potentially, although the Bulls approach to Rose is 180 from how Roy was handled, and likely in part because of that experience. Roy's MCL (both knees separately) was handled first by removing the damaged cartilage and later after the MCL by removing the ligaments and rushing him back, leaving him exposed. The Bulls are taking the ultra-cautious expose and elected to repair the meniscus and apparently they were able save 100%.

It's certainly possible they will end up in the same place, but they are on different medical tracks. Westbrook is really in the same situation as Rose and the Clips elected to play it conservative with him on the last one.

Nobody really knows if Derrick will make it back and stay healthy. Derrick doesn't know, his doctors don't know and neither do you or I. But if the doctors are to be believed, the odds are pretty good that he will and they've done everything possible to increase those odds in future seasons. The opposite of how Roy was handled.

I/O

I'm not sure what injuries you're talking about. Deng is gone. Boozer will be amnestied. Butler is not a cadaver.

I don't think the Bulls are going to get a big name max-type free agent. Bulls only have like $13 mil or so and probably half that will go toward bringing Mirotic over.

It all comes down to Rose's health. No denying it. Not sure any team could win with their max contract player out for the season.

Oh, and Miami is not in the Bulls division. And why would anyone be afraid of Cleveland, a team that spent a #1 draft pick on a guy that can't play on the NBA.
    Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Looks like tough sledding for you Mr Homer! Definitely for as long as Rose's contract, if not another 5 years past that. No NBA Championship on the horizon and till the twin GM's get their pink slips. Breaks my heart

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Derrick Rose = A really dumb Brandon Roy with a ghetto brother that controls everything in his life
    Fixed it for ya bro!

I think if you asked Derrick what 2+2 is, he'd mumbled for about ten minutes and then call his brother for the answer, which is 3

Ted Sheckler

If Rose comes back next year and plays at 90% of what he did the MVP season, the bulls will be fine. This year he looked like absolute shit in the games he played. Westbrook who had similar injury came back and looked great, which was shocking. Who knows if Rose could of turned it around, I had it as just rust, but he wasn't getting rid of that rust, which is scary.

Butler, Snell, Murphy at a stretch 4 or whatever he'll play at in a couple years. Foreign kid if he ever comes over will be a nice stretch 4 or whatever. And Joakim will always give you what you expect.

But none of this is relevant as long as James is down in Miami playing, especially if Oden comes back and gives them 15 minutes a game somehow. Ohh and that team from Indiana will be hammering the Bulls.

But if Rose comes back and plays decent, then those 3 teams will be battling.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Meanwhile, in other news, the Bulls have won 5 in a row, the longest win streak in the NBA. DJ Augustin can play. Hard to see why he never had success anywhere before. Maybe never had anyone who knew how to coach him.

I'm not going to say that the Bulls are better without Deng, but I'm also not going to say that they're not.

Ted Sheckler

Meanwhile, in other news, the Bulls have won 5 in a row, the longest win streak in the NBA. DJ Augustin can play. Hard to see why he never had success anywhere before. Maybe never had anyone who knew how to coach him.

I'm not going to say that the Bulls are better without Deng, but I'm also not going to say that they're not.

Augustin has never been bad, always been a "decent" backup.
    Bulls should play him over Hinrich, since it's been shown that Hinrich hasn't been able to get the offense moving at all. He's shown what he can do on the bulls when Hinrich was injured this year.

Hard to say the Bulls are better without Deng. Just been injured the past couple seasons, but it's always nice to have him against the Heat/Pacers. Snell should get some good minutes this year to hopefully be ready for next year for them.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

good gosh do the Cavs suck

Kings handing them a beating. on their way to 3rd straight W

that King draft pick might turn into something afterall

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    good gosh do the Cavs suck

Kings handing them a beating. on their way to 3rd straight W

that King draft pick might turn into something afterall
    Not this season, but yeah, Sac heading in the right direction over the next few seasons. Bulls are looking at ways to package assets (Sac 1st round, Charlotte 1st round, Mirotic) for star. Kevin Love might make sense. Minnesota needs to move him before they lose him for nothing. Mirotic would make them the international all-stars. Bulls might need to include Gibson + others to balance it out. Love would be a good pairing for Rose.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

crazy how these teams have fared after the trade.

BigDeem5

Cavs haven't quite gelled. Still a playoff team in my opinion.

Augustin has been a huge pickup for Bulls, he may be better than Rose.

First 123 Last