C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Philip Rivers was the 2nd best QB in the NFL in 2013

Peyton Manning was the best QB in the NFL and #2 wasn't Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees. It was a guy that after last year some people thought wasn't even in the top 10 anymore after spending the better part of the last decade in the top 5 or so.

I have watched a number of Charger games this year and Rivers has been phenomenal. He was over 70% completion percentage for much of the year and he wasn't a dink or dunk kind of guy, he threw tons of mid range passes and his 8.2 yards per comp is .1 behind Peyton Manning and I promise you it wasn't all rac yards and dinking and dunking.

32 TD
    11 INT
    4478 yards
    105.5 QB rating

3rd best QB rating
    4th most TD passes
    5th most passing yards
    Low INT total for a passing QB who threw down field this year.

Rivers is a leader. He went into Denver and won. He went into KC and won. He went into Cincy and won in the playoffs.

He has such leadership and command of the offense. He can call audibles, he can be part of the game planning. He can exploit weaknesses and he throws a good mid range and deep ball. Some of those passes in the Cincinnati, KC and Denver games were so accurate.

It is amazing what an improved O-Line and better coaching did this year with McCoy and Whisenhunt. Rivers had an amazing year and he was the 2nd best QB in the NFL.

I have been highly highly impressed with his play, his leadership and command of the offense this year. He was spectacular.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Lol I can name 3 qbs who outplayed rivers in the 2013 reg season...

Dalton
    Alex smith
    Newton

But thanks for making a fool out of yourself

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post

Dalton
    Alex smith
    Newton

Dalton threw 20 picks and completed 61% of his passes and that was with AJ Green.

Alex Smith 60% completions, only 23 TD passes and 6.5 yards per comp because he was a dink and dunk game manager.

Newton 61% and he only passes for 211 yards per game. Newton also took all sorts of unnecessary sacks. 43 sacks behind that offensive line is pitiful. He has awful pocket awareness.

Those guys weren't anywhere near Rivers level and maybe not even top 10 QBs this year.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Ken Wisenhunt.

If that guy ends up in either Detroit or Dallas, good things will happen for those teams.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Ken Wisenhunt.

If that guy ends up in either Detroit or Dallas, good things will happen for those teams.
    The Steelers should have hired Whisenhunt over Tomlin. There is a 0.00% chance Tomlin could have taken the Arizona Cardinals to the super bowl like Whisenhunt did. He will be a successful head coach again.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post

Dalton
    Alex smith
    Newton

get a clue

lakerboy

whats funny is that people dont think that whisenhunt will find a way to exploit that awful broncos defense.

C-Gold

I like DJ Fluker on the right side. He brings a lot of toughness.

Isn't it amazing how San Diego, Dallas, Phila, and Chicago all successfully rebuilt their offensive lines? They were all awful last year and they really improved. Chicago drafted Kyle Long, brought in another rookie on the right side, and brought in Bushrod. Dallas drafted a center. Phila drafted a RT and Mathis and the C really played well. SD drafted Fluker who is a monster.

lakerboy

denver will not get any pressure. rivers will make that crowd go quiet and do what he wants.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    get a clue
    Lol coming from u? If the only two ppl that disagree with me are lakerboy and ccgold.. I must be right.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rivers started well and is ending well, this guy always was a big time QB.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

jj needs to make a video wearing a bolo tie coaching up philip rivers.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

will Rivers make the HOF with his stats alone? or does he have to win the big one to make it? thoughts?

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    will Rivers make the HOF with his stats alone? or does he have to win the big one to make it? thoughts?
    no hes not a hofer.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    32k yards? not even close yet without any other team accomplishments

32 also isnt that old for a qb these days though so he could get there with a few more years comparable to this one

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    no hes not a hofer.
    If Rivers can play 5 to 7 more years like this he has a shot.

Right now he probably Rivals Mcnabb and that's a NO HOF although there will be pressure to put Mcnabb in because he is a black QB and ESPN will of course push for him.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    I like DJ Fluker on the right side. He brings a lot of toughness.

Isn't it amazing how San Diego, Dallas, Phila, and Chicago all successfully rebuilt their offensive lines? They were all awful last year and they really improved. Chicago drafted Kyle Long, brought in another rookie on the right side, and brought in Bushrod. Dallas drafted a center. Phila drafted a RT and Mathis and the C really played well. SD drafted Fluker who is a monster.
    CHI's transformation was amazing, but PHI had a great line already, DAL has been building for a few years now.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    32k yards? not even close yet without any other team accomplishments

32 also isnt that old for a qb these days though so he could get there with a few more years comparable to this one
    I agree that he is not there yet. They were debating it on Boston talk radio today on host said that he is with a super bowl win the other host said that he has a long way to go even if he did win the bowl this year. just wanted to know what you guys thought

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    CHI's transformation was amazing, but PHI had a great line already, DAL has been building for a few years now.
    That's not what the Vick apologists would say. Vick sucked so of course he had no line.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

That's not what the Vick apologists would say. Vick sucked so of course he had no line.
    phillys entire line was out hurt last yr other then Mathis.. All 5 guys were healthy this yr

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    phillys entire line was out hurt last yr other then Mathis.. All 5 guys were healthy this yr
    Always excuses for the ^&$@$). It has been nothing but excuses for more than a decade that the dog killer has been around.

inTomWeTrust
    inTomWeTrust's Avatar Become A Pro!

Peyton Manning was the best QB in the NFL and #2 wasn't Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees. It was a guy that after last year some people thought wasn't even in the top 10 anymore after spending the better part of the last decade in the top 5 or so.

I have watched a number of Charger games this year and Rivers has been phenomenal. He was over 70% completion percentage for much of the year and he wasn't a dink or dunk kind of guy, he threw tons of mid range passes and his 8.2 yards per comp is .1 behind Peyton Manning and I promise you it wasn't all rac yards and dinking and dunking.

32 TD
    11 INT
    4478 yards
    105.5 QB rating

3rd best QB rating
    4th most TD passes
    5th most passing yards
    Low INT total for a passing QB who threw down field this year.

Rivers is a leader. He went into Denver and won. He went into KC and won. He went into Cincy and won in the playoffs.

He has such leadership and command of the offense. He can call audibles, he can be part of the game planning. He can exploit weaknesses and he throws a good mid range and deep ball. Some of those passes in the Cincinnati, KC and Denver games were so accurate.

It is amazing what an improved O-Line and better coaching did this year with McCoy and Whisenhunt. Rivers had an amazing year and he was the 2nd best QB in the NFL.

I have been highly highly impressed with his play, his leadership and command of the offense this year. He was spectacular.

And exactly how is he better than Andrew Luck??? They won in SD against them because they kept luck off the feild...

TELL ME how those wins are more impressive than Luck vs seahwaks cheifs twice BRONCOS etc. and SF Just please stop man....

I like rivers but hes cocky and rubs teammates the wrong way.. i love his passion but its not pro-active all the time he throws fits like a little girl and points the finger alot.. is he a leader? yes but how is it better than luck?

the tooter does it again

inTomWeTrust

inTomWeTrust

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

What does Vick have to do with this discussion? If anything, the O-line injuries effected Foles more than Vick.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Good thread. I agree. Amazing how he seems to push the football instead of throwing it. yet he's highly effective.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

As for Vick, he is what he is. He's an amazing athlete, but an average quarterback. He's just too damn small to play the way he he does as he can not sustain taking hits like Scam Newton can.

C-Gold

Rivers vs Luck who I like by the way

Yards
    Rivers 4478
    Luck 3822

TD passes
    Rivers 32
    Luck 23

INT
    Rivers 11
    Luck 9

QB Rating
    Rivers 105.5
    Luck 87.0

Sacks
    Rivers 32
    Luck 30

Completion percentage
    Rivers 69.5%
    Luck 60.2%

Look, I like Luck, I like him a lot. He is the best young QB by a mile, he is the most valuable player going forward in the NFL right now as far as if everybody got thrown into a pot and redrafted dynasty style - Luck would certainly be the #1 pick. With that being said it is hard to argue that Luck had a better year than Rivers.

Rivers has more TDs, more yards, about the same INTs and Rivers completion percentage was 10% higher. His efficiency and rating is higher. He is a leader, he audibles, he changes plays and played a nearly flawless year and was the 2nd best QB in the league this year.

inTomWeTrust

I dont disagree with that in terms of stats this year.. im talking BIG GAMES and leadership and dealing with pressure specifically

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by inTomWeTrust View Post
    I dont disagree with that in terms of stats this year.. im talking BIG GAMES and leadership and dealing with pressure specifically
    I said Philip Rivers was the 2nd best QB in the NFL this year and he was.

If Peyton Manning didn't play this year then Rivers was the best QB in the NFL this year.

inTomWeTrust

I said Philip Rivers was the 2nd best QB in the NFL this year and he was.

If Peyton Manning didn't play this year then Rivers was the best QB in the NFL this year.
    I agree with that bud.. you're right.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Tom you owe me for that RickyRoma BS, here's your chance to make good. Whats the play for the Saints/Seahawk game.

C-Gold

and I like Luck a lot for the future. Always have. ESPN finally caught on after constantly pumping that mud rat RG3-13 for two years.