Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Ark St tonight!

I also like the chargers seems like a lot of people are on them but I still like them to cover the seven

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10294

I agree Ive had a + bowl season and the saints +2.5 in the pros, dont feel great about it but do have Ark St. +7 and over 64.5 .... gluck gang

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Dunkel Index, which has been arouind forever, and one of the very few I totally trust, doesn't mean Dunkel is always correct, but his formula is sound, and has been souind for years says Arky is the better team straight up, forget the points.

Game 267-268: Arkansas State vs. Ball State (9:00 p.m. EST)
    Dunkel Ratings: Arkansas State 85.546; Ball State 84.065
    Dunkel Line: Arkansas State by 1 1/2; 60
    Vegas Line: Ball State by 9 1/2; 64 1/2
    Dunkel Pick: Arkansas State (+9 1/2); Under

The Dunkel Index has been a family-owned enterprise for 76 years. Started by Dick Dunkel, Sr., in 1929, it was designed to settle a dispute over which college football team was the best at the time. Because teams back then rarely traveled across country to play each other, there was a constant debate between the East and West coast over who was Number 1. So Dick, Sr., came up with an ingenious solution: Take what data is available, create a few formulas and calculate mathematically the best teams in the land. It was an idea that soon took off.

Dick, Sr., took some scratches on index cards and turned it into a system that was syndicated nationwide. Because of its novel approach and unparalleled accuracy, the Dunkel Index quickly became the de facto authority on college football. Hundreds of newspapers around the country carried the Index and Dick, Sr., continued to produce these power ratings by hand until the early 1970s.

In 1972, he handed off the ratings to his oldest son, Dick, Jr., who along with his brother, Bob, took on the task of expanding the effort. Under their leadership, the Index moved into professional basketball and football. In addition, Dick, Jr., was able to computerize the models, which enabled Dunkel to cover every college program from Division I to the NAIA. Dunkel also did high school ratings in Florida and a variety of other locations.

But the market for the ratings started to change in the early 1980s. Newpapers, which had been the primary source of revenue, increasingly found that they did not have the news space available to carry the Index. A handful of larger ones, such as the New York Times, started their own computer rankings based on the same concepts as Dunkel.

As a new outlet, Dick, Jr., moved the ratings onto the Internet. Working through the Daytona Beach News-Journal, he created a website so that everyone who had used the Index in the early days could once gain access its numbers. The Index also became part of the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) in 1999 and continued to participate in the computer rankings through the 2001 season.

The death of Dick, Jr., in 2003 left the Index in limbo. The News-Journal terminated its agreement to serve as the web host and provide the computers for running the calculations. Facing the possibility of not producing the ratings for the first time in decades, Dick’s two sons, Bob and Richard, stepped in to carry on the tradition. Creating their own website, they’ve been able to keep the Index going and will be entering their third season as the leaders of the operation.

Today the Dunkel Index is enjoying renewed success. Powered by the new website and a growing cadre of loyal followers, the Index continues to produce ratings and picks that are among the best in the business. While others have created their own systems to compete with the Index, Dunkel remains the standard in the field. The formulas that Dick, Sr., came up with in 1929 remain an accurate measurement of the relative strength of teams and a powerful forecaster of future performance. Fine tuning through three generations of Dunkels has made the Index even more accurate.

The Dunkel Index has had a long and interesting past. And now under the guidance of Bob and Richard, the Index should have an equally strong future. The family appreciates all the people who have used the Dunkel Index over the years and is committed to carrying on the tradition established by Dick, Sr., 76 years ago.

Mitchell88

yea like it a lot and I also trust dunkel Nash

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Usually vegas is not that far off and when they are it's because they know something.

Reminds me of the Maryland/Marshall game Vegas had wrong team favored and vegas cleaned house.

BOL......nothing I want to play here.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Haven't seen Ark State play this year, but I have seen Ball State play and they are really good. Probably a stay away here for me.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6302

Ball State -7 (-105), may throw a little on the over. Good luck.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Ball State wins big.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Ball St wants their first ever Bowl win. This is a huge motivating factor.

Ark St seniors are about to get their 4th coach in 4 years. This will be a huge unmotivating factor.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Ball ST -7

oneguy
    oneguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

vegas disagree, line is 6.5 now.

Mitchell88

vegas disagrees, and also the public all over ball st money all over ark st. anyhow gl to all who bet this game

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9118

Line movement is favoring ark state in a big way. I liked them before, doubling up because of the movement.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mitchell88

Mitchell88

44-38 ark st. penetrate jj with his pro only thread

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like arky state as well. GL

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

ball st by 9.....

Duckshit
    Duckshit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Ark state looks awful... F************ck

simmy17
    simmy17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3230

Arkansas State Offensive play book is insane just seen formations i didn't know existed

vinhmen
    vinhmen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4750

Nice call

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Dunkel Index, which has been arouind forever, and one of the very few I totally trust, doesn't mean Dunkel is always correct, but his formula is sound, and has been souind for years says Arky is the better team straight up, forget the points.

Game 267-268: Arkansas State vs. Ball State (9:00 p.m. EST)
    Dunkel Ratings: Arkansas State 85.546; Ball State 84.065
    Dunkel Line: Arkansas State by 1 1/2; 60
    Vegas Line: Ball State by 9 1/2; 64 1/2
    Dunkel Pick: Arkansas State (+9 1/2); Under

Just saying.

When Dunkel says a 7.5 dog should win by 1 point, I pay attention.
    And the under covers by 20 plus to boot.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    I also like the chargers seems like a lot of people are on them but I still like them to cover the seven
    Mitch is eating filet and drinking top shelf tonight.

Good job fella.

Mitchell88

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Mitch is eating filet and drinking top shelf tonight.

Good job fella.
    thanks not the game I was expecting a win is a win though

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mitchy we tailed you and got almost even yesterday, nice work.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6302

Congrats Ark St. backers

I like Sagarin and Massey, but Dunkel wins this round
    Last edited by swordsandtequila; 01-06-14 at 06:37 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Seems like 75% had Ark St
    Good win for us

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Congrats Ark St. backers

I like Sagarin and Massey, but Dunkel wins this round
    My first two go to guys are Dunkel and Sagarin, no gimmicks, no lock of the years, just MIT type math formulas that have been proven to be solid, over the span of decades.

I pay attention to Dr. Chalk, B L Eckstein, he's trying to be a little bit to hip for his own good lately, but he's strong too.