VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

College Hoops Play for Sunday - January 5th

I was on the wrong side of the coin flips on Saturday, but we'll get right back at it with a staunch conference matchup in Madison, Wisconsin. This will most certainly be a battle of contrasting styles with the high-powered and high-tempo Iowa Hawkeyes visit the defensive minded Wisconsin Badgers at the Kohl Center. Wisconsin boasts one of the best offensive and defensive efficiency ratings in the country and can certainly justify their 14-0 record to start this campaign. As you'd expect from a top tier team, they've played and defeated some good competition this season and the road doesn't get any easier with Fran McCaffery coming to town. The Badgers have gotten by Florida, St Louis, West Virginia, Virginia and Marquette as quality victories heading into Big Ten play. Wisconsin boasts two very effective scorers in Frank Kaminsky and Josh Gasser and I'm sure they'll get their looks against this Iowa defense. There really isn't much negative to say here against the Badgers, as they're ratings are above-average across the board.

Lingering in the Big Ten and going unnoticed are the Iowa Hawkeyes. In such a hoops crazy conference, it's easy to slip the minds of everyone focused on Michigan State, Ohio State, Michigan, Illinois and Minnesota. But make no mistake about it, the Hawkeyes have put together a quality team and have earned their 12-2 record thus far. Quality victories over Xavier (#30), Notre Dame (#52 and climbing), and Nebraska-Omaha (one of the most underrated teams in all of basketball). Two losses by a combined 8 points to Iowa State and Villanova, both away from Carver Arena. Iowa has proved they can hang with the big boys and they should be on the radar heading towards March. Iowa loves to run, ranked in the Top 25 in Possessions per Game while also getting the most out of them. They rebound well on both ends of the floor (led by one of the best rebounders in country, Melsahn Basabe), don't turn the ball over and have a healthy distribution of points - able to hit shots from the outside. Iowa also boasts two scorers that can work off each other against the stout Wisconsin defense, Aaron White and Jarrod Uthoff. White has the ability to take over games, and if Wisconsin isn't careful, this just might happen on Sunday.

There is no question that Wisconsin is good. That's no surprise. What I think is that Iowa will go into Madison and turn some heads. This isn't the same ole Iowa from years past. This is a well oiled machine that does everything very well to great. Surprised by the number, as I had this opener Wisconsin -4 and figured it would climb slightly. I'm taking the road doggie tomorrow night

Iowa Hawkeyes +7

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Note: This will be a 2x play

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Leaning Iowa 1h & over for game at this point

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

I just got the Badgers at -6 . I think Badgers win by at least 10 . I agree Iowa is tough BUT Wisconsin just a little better and they are in the Kohl Center where they hardly ever lose. The new freshman Nigel Hayes coming in to his own ,is starting to dominate inside . Will be a fun game to watch. Iowa's coach is very good so I know Iowa will keep in close BUT not quite close enough.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

My only plan today is Oregon on the road getting points against Colorado I believe

Good luck men

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Goodluck JJ. I'm looking forward to that game, both are very fun to watch

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13569

VI, any thoughts on SDS? Looks like a big number to me.

Have you seen the Spencer kid recently? Scary athleticism.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

I have seen Spencer play and he is very long and athletic. I'm a big fan of this kid. I think the number looks about right. I'd lean with SDST here +10 but you can never know with this Jayhawks team. They look great for stretches and then look like the young team they are in others. Shepard is a stud and should have a big game today. Like the points.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 398

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    My only plan today is Oregon on the road getting points against Colorado I believe

Good luck men
    I like that play as well. Only thing is Colorado is tough place to play and line going from -3 to -5 in their favor. I might wait till Colorado goes on the road to fade them.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I have seen Spencer play and he is very long and athletic. I'm a big fan of this kid. I think the number looks about right. I'd lean with SDST here +10 but you can never know with this Jayhawks team. They look great for stretches and then look like the young team they are in others. Shepard is a stud and should have a big game today. Like the points.
    Much appreciated. Thx!

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Hope you got on SDST! That was an awesome performance

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Vegas, your write ups are top notch.

Doing what you are doing right here will allow you to win long term, IMO.

Doing a write up, even half as well as the ones you've posted, for every bet = a lot more good bets than not.

I do the same thing for big bets. Usually at least a page of relevant shit. Wish I did it more often.

Keep on the grind, I read them all.

If you're thinking of betting and writing up a west coast team, especially those of the PAC or MWC I'd be more than happy to give you my input. Pretty unspectacular the more east I go though.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Hope you got on SDST! That was an awesome performance
    Yeah, just mad I didn't sprinkle ML. Been on bad roll. Been listening too much to others (you excluded) and not stayin with what got me here.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Vegas, your write ups are top notch.

Doing what you are doing right here will allow you to win long term, IMO.

Doing a write up, even half as well as the ones you've posted, for every bet = a lot more good bets than not.

I do the same thing for big bets. Usually at least a page of relevant shit. Wish I did it more often.

Keep on the grind, I read them all.

If you're thinking of betting and writing up a west coast team, especially those of the PAC or MWC I'd be more than happy to give you my input. Pretty unspectacular the more east I go though.
    Thanks for the note! I will def hit you up on some west coast games. I don't get to watch many and rely a lot of streams and replays. I'm looking forward to Ore/Colo tonight though!

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Yeah, just mad I didn't sprinkle ML. Been on bad roll. Been listening too much to others (you excluded) and not stayin with what got me here.
    Nice man, good winner. I didn't get my bet in time and missed the whole train. Damn. Kansas with another let down, good job seeking out that number

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Nice man, good winner. I didn't get my bet in time and missed the whole train. Damn. Kansas with another let down, good job seeking out that number
    Thks! Lot of folks missing the boat. SDS is real.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Yes they are and they even surprised me a little today. The value is probably lost on them after today.

Iowa up big at half!

VegasInsider
    Update your status

C'mon Iowa...hang in there!!!

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

You are going to be really upset with Iowa doesnt score here and still decides to foul

VegasInsider
    Update your status

threeeeeeeeeeeeee

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Niceeeee

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Great job!

Easy money!

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 398

Nice Hit Vegas

VegasInsider
    Update your status

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Got to love the coach of the team you've backed for a 2x play getting ejected!!

http://nesn.com/2014/01/iowa-head-co...fficial-video/