Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Should the nfl re seed the playoff teams according to record?...

...personally I think not, but its being discussed. Owners of teams with better records are complaining to the NFL about having to travel to play teams with less wins(lol pussy saints, remember when they had to play 7-9 Seahawks?),. NFL said they considering adding 2 extra teams, one per conference, and top 7 according to record. (I guess only #1 gets a first rd bye??)

My argument: what is the point of divisions then? Might as well scrap them altogether if this goes through.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Would have to scrap divisions if you are going to do this. Unfair with the current NFL scheduling, over 1/3 of your games are against teams within your division. That's absolutely ludicrous if winning the division doesn't matter.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Vinnie why make this thread? Did the saints owner complain? Keep the same system. Better record plays at home. Why not. Eagles don't make the playoffs in saints div.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I've never understood why teams don't play everyone in their conference and then play just 1 game from the other conference.

Better yet, play everyone in their conference and extend the season to 18 games so they can play the teams in their division twice.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

or:
    keep the 16 game season; play every team in your division once; extend the playoffs to 7 teams, 1 team gets a bye.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Laker its just for sake of discussion. I don't know if saints did, it was a joke, poking fun at dome teams who probably cried they should play on their dome. But im sure sf owner complained as well.

Also, this is a very realistic possibility. Every year nfl has been changing some fkn rule and i think this is next.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

This would be idiotic. Only crybabies want this rule. It's an imperfect league and an imperfect game.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

I like current system but wouldn't mind change based in record