SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Officiating Clemson vs Ohio St

I watched every bowl game(i think) and the officiating was excellent. But that game last night was horrible. Clemson got the worse of it until the pick at the end. That might of been a legit interception but it dam well should have been reviewed and reviewed closely. IMO he never had control.

The Clemson hit on the QB in the 4th was perfectly legal. The 3 sideline penalties on Clemson were in the WTF category. The tic tac after the play was over defensive holding calls on Clemson were more WTF??

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Yea they were pushing back Meyer several times without a flag. He was basically on the field sometimes calling an audible for the quarterback

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

This thread doesn't have anything to do with the fact u were all over Clemson does it?

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Yea they were pushing back Meyer several times without a flag. He was basically on the field sometimes calling an audible for the quarterback
    Plus he had a look on his face that said you throw a sideline violation on me and I will kill you.

Penalties Clemson 15-144 Ohio St 6-60

Urban definitely worked the officials. Maybe the no catch interception at the end was the great equalizer.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Watch a duke bball game. Coach k pisses and moans. 30 secs later the whistle blows...foul on the other team.

Last night was a debocle

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by hawk 5 View Post
    This thread doesn't have anything to do with the fact u were all over Clemson does it?
    You ever see 3 sideline violations on critical plays in a major bowl any game?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

you're right about everything except for the last INT, he had the ball
    - just let go of it rather quickly out of excitement.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I watched every bowl game(i think) and the officiating was excellent. But that game last night was horrible. Clemson got the worse of it until the pick at the end. That might of been a legit interception but it dam well should have been reviewed and reviewed closely. IMO he never had control.

The Clemson hit on the QB in the 4th was perfectly legal. The 3 sideline penalties on Clemson were in the WTF category. The tic tac after the play was over defensive holding calls on Clemson were more WTF??
    Personally, I think its sucked most bowl season, then again its been lousy thru out the year in college and NFL

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

betting on college football bowl games this far after the last regular season game is not +ev.

TommyDog
    TommyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

Was an interception, though it was definitely much closer than it appeared. Wouldn't have been enough to overturn the call, but considering how eager refs are to go to the booth, it was surprising they didn't do so in that instance.

Urban gets away with that crap all season long (being out on the field). Some coaches just get a lot more leeway than others, that is clear.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by TommyDog View Post
    Was an interception, though it was definitely much closer than it appeared. Wouldn't have been enough to overturn the call, but considering how eager refs are to go to the booth, it was surprising they didn't do so in that instance.

Urban gets away with that crap all season long (being out on the field). Some coaches just get a lot more leeway than others, that is clear.
    If that pick indeed was not a pick then I think it balanced out.

It was sadly funny watching that Clemson coach grimace with every bad call while Urban is out on the 50 yard line throwing the flag for the refs.

Back to that pic, it was extremely close. Can you imagine that play happening Monday and everyone just walking off the field and tossing gatorade? What some don't realize is the refs sometimes have a different camera angle and video tools that are not shown to the public. Yes, he had the ball for a blink of an eye but you could say the ball was always moving. He certainly did not maintain possesion as he fell to the ground. They have changed the rule on that so I'm 100% clear on the exact wording.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

And Matt Millen last night kept saying what an awesome job the officials were doing during the game, and how great the officiating has been during bowl season. And the new Matt Millen phrase of the day: "Braxton Miller is a hurtin' buckaroo." I can't stand this guy. Anyone with me?

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

If I had a nickel for everyone of these threads..

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

American Conference officials. Never see that speed or grit. Should not be officiating a BCS game.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    American Conference officials. Never see that speed or grit. Should not be officiating a BCS game.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Matt Millen?

I can see why/how he could rub a guy wrong. I don't mind him but he is a goof ball at time. Helluva of a goof football player but a bit dense on the set.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

clemson won john