SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Strong is a fraud.

He coached against 4 Top 25 teams in 4 years.

And he parlayed that into 25 million dollars.

Scratch that.

Strong is a genius fraud.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Why stay at Lville and be 3rd or 4th or mid pack in the ACC in terms of facilities and stature, etc when u can go to the #1 in the Big 12. Easier path to NC via Texas in Big 12 than LVille in ACC.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Why stay at Lville and be 3rd or 4th or mid pack in the ACC in terms of facilities and stature, etc when u can go to the #1 in the Big 12. Easier path to NC via Texas in Big 12 than LVille in ACC.
    how do you figure? Outside of FSU, who are we not above as a program right now?? Clemson has had a few good years but I doubt it

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    how do you figure? Outside of FSU, who are we not above as a program right now?? Clemson has had a few good years but I doubt it
    You're joking right?

Who the fuk has Louisville beaten that has you convinced you can beat Clemson?

Beating Temple, UConn, and USF isn't the same as going into Death Valley on a Saturday night and winning.

First of all-- you didn't beat a Top 25 program this year.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Dam this is looking like a done deal. And smells like its the politically correct move rather than the best coach who would take the job. Was really hoping to see a dynamic recruiter. Maybe the Horns have just accepted to be a middle of the pack team. Beats Mack but could have done a lot better.

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Dam this is looking like a done deal. And smells like its the politically correct move rather than the best coach who would take the job. Was really hoping to see a dynamic recruiter. Maybe the Horns have just accepted to be a middle of the pack team. Beats Mack but could have done a lot better.
    Come on John.

Give me a name-- who would be willing to deal with all the bullshit that comes with the Texas' job?

Too many Bubbas running around your program.

SBR_John
    Wisky

I could think of at least 25.
    Cower would be a great recruiter
    Jimmy Johnson
    Gruden
    Les Miles
    Stoops
    Saban
    Pete Carrol
    Tom Landry
    fukkk I dont know but I do know there are a LOT of guys wearing rings that are doing nothing. There may not be a person of color out there with a championship ring and apparently that's the problem.

SamDiamond

Jimmy Johnson
    Gruden
    Les Miles
    Stoops
    Saban
    Pete Carrol
    Tom Landry
    fukkk I dont know but I do know there are a LOT of guys wearing rings that are doing nothing. There may not be a person of color out there with a championship ring and apparently that's the problem.
    I missed "A PINK UNICORN" on your list.

Since you just dealing with fantasy, I'm surprised Bigfoot was included either.

In case you missed this part-- Saban said no.

There is no evidence anyone on your list would have taken that job.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Jimmy Johnson
    Gruden
    Les Miles
    Stoops
    Saban
    Pete Carrol
    Tom Landry
    There is NOT one name on this list that is realistic. The bottom line is this. Texas took their #8 or 9 or 10 choice. All of the good HC's out there turned them down. Texas hired the perfect scapegoat. Strong is a mediocre HC at best. In his 4 years at Louisville, he has losses to: Kentucky, Oregon State, Cincinnati (X2), Pitt (X2), USF, West Virginia, Florida International, Marshall, North Carolina, N.C. State, Syracuse, UConn, and UCF. Tell me what is so good about this record. Three and OUT for Strong. Texas is now a 2nd tier Big 12 team.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    You're joking right?

Who the fuk has Louisville beaten that has you convinced you can beat Clemson?

Beating Temple, UConn, and USF isn't the same as going into Death Valley on a Saturday night and winning.

First of all-- you didn't beat a Top 25 program this year.

who the penetrate did Clemson beat? They were the embarrassment of the season IMO. That FSU game was the worst performance from a "top team" I have EVER saw

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    There is NOT one name on this list that is realistic. The bottom line is this. Texas took their #8 or 9 or 10 choice. All of the good HC's out there turned them down. Texas hired the perfect scapegoat. Strong is a mediocre HC at best. In his 4 years at Louisville, he has losses to: Kentucky, Oregon State, Cincinnati (X2), Pitt (X2), USF, West Virginia, Florida International, Marshall, North Carolina, N.C. State, Syracuse, UConn, and UCF. Tell me what is so good about this record. Three and OUT for Strong. Texas is now a 2nd tier Big 12 team.
    Aren't you the same fukkin idiot that got laughed off the forum a few years ago? Something about saying a spread went to pick 'em when it was like -300 to get it there?

I know that was you. So please, just stop embarrassing yourself any further. You're clearly just as big of an idiot now as you were then.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

opie1988

I missed "A PINK UNICORN" on your list.

Since you just dealing with fantasy, I'm surprised Bigfoot was included either.

In case you missed this part-- Saban said no.

There is no evidence anyone on your list would have taken that job.
    Sammy....please show me where Saban was offered the job. I must've missed that part too.

Or are you just repeating what you saw online?

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Now If I would of said that Opie would friggin go nuts...Come on now...

SBR_John
    Wisky

Granted Tom Landry is not very realistic but how about waving $7m in front of Les Miles? Cower would take $7 large and so would Gruden.

Otherwise I agree with you. Its a safe, politically correct hire. The great players out of Dallas and Houston will go to Oklahoma, LSU, Bama and A&M and Texas will get those that are not good enough for those teams and too dumb to get into TCU and SMU. We can dominate the Sun Bowl maybe.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

What is this stupid shit about being a PC hire? It's called, he's the only guy out there who is high enough up on the availables list who actually wants the job. Has zero to do with skin color. I don't really think this hire will excite the fan base or the fat cats who fund that program all that much. Of course if you read around, some of the fat cats were the dummies talking about bringing a guy like Gruden in which would have been one of the weirdest hires in sports ... albeit probably would have had the whole word talking more than this one.

SamDiamond

who the penetrate did Clemson beat? They were the embarrassment of the season IMO. That FSU game was the worst performance from a "top team" I have EVER saw
    Still waiting for you to name one fuking team Louisville has beaten that was worth a damn.

Ohio State would bitch Louisville up.

As would Georgia.

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Sammy....please show me where Saban was offered the job. I must've missed that part too.

Or are you just repeating what you saw online?

Nice try Op.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Still waiting for you to name one fuking team Louisville has beaten that was worth a damn.

Ohio State would bitch Louisville up.

As would Georgia.
    everyone said florida would last year too...i lean more your way on this but to say its definitive without them actually playing isnt right just based on the fact that everyone thought the same thing about that game

ucf was a bad loss at the time but it looks a lot better now especially since ucf's lone loss was a good showing vs so carolina

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Granted Tom Landry is not very realistic but how about waving $7m in front of Les Miles? Cower would take $7 large and so would Gruden.

Otherwise I agree with you. Its a safe, politically correct hire. The great players out of Dallas and Houston will go to Oklahoma, LSU, Bama and A&M and Texas will get those that are not good enough for those teams and too dumb to get into TCU and SMU. We can dominate the Sun Bowl maybe.
    Gruden and Cowher are making more money than that with their TV and advertising gigs. Cowher already told ESPN that he is not interested in ANY coaching job in 2014. This pick is what Texas had left. Let's see. Mora, Briles, Saban, and Fischer all turned Texas down. Dantonio told Texas not to even bother asking. The pro coaches, Harbaugh, Kelly, and Tomlin just laughed at Texas. That is 8 people who turned Texas down. So I guess they settled for #9, a HC with a decent record (37-15) with a school form a conference that was so weak that they lost their AQ status after this season. Texas is now a non-threat in the Big 12. OU and Baylor have passed them up. Their recruiting is dead. Look for TCU to pas Texas next season and Okie State IF they can replace the 14 starters they lose to graduation this season. Let's see how Strong does without a star QB.

Opie, you are a typical Texas homer. No class at all. No brains. Wake up and smell the coffee.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

strong told u of L he hadnt decided as recently as this morning

id think he'll go but if he stays he'd become a fukkin legend in lville....worth thinking about...

opie1988

Gruden and Cowher are making more money than that with their TV and advertising gigs. Cowher already told ESPN that he is not interested in ANY coaching job in 2014. This pick is what Texas had left. Let's see. Mora, Briles, Saban, and Fischer all turned Texas down. Dantonio told Texas not to even bother asking. The pro coaches, Harbaugh, Kelly, and Tomlin just laughed at Texas. That is 8 people who turned Texas down. So I guess they settled for #9, a HC with a decent record (37-15) with a school form a conference that was so weak that they lost their AQ status after this season. Texas is now a non-threat in the Big 12. OU and Baylor have passed them up. Their recruiting is dead. Look for TCU to pas Texas next season and Okie State IF they can replace the 14 starters they lose to graduation this season. Let's see how Strong does without a star QB.

Opie, you are a typical Texas homer. No class at all. No brains. Wake up and smell the coffee.
    You think Gruden & Cowher are making 7 million + with their tv gigs? Seriously??

Please just admit that was you that made that post about a line going to pick 'em. You know...the one where everyone laughed & laughed at you because it was like pick -300, and you said you found that game at pick 'em. I know you remember, pal!

Just provide me with the link to that thread, and I promise not to make fun of you!
    Last edited by opie1988; 01-04-14 at 01:25 PM.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    everyone said florida would last year too...i lean more your way on this but to say its definitive without them actually playing isnt right just based on the fact that everyone thought the same thing about that game

ucf was a bad loss at the time but it looks a lot better now especially since ucf's lone loss was a good showing vs so carolina
    Drinker--- Kyle Whittingham took a Utah team and beat Nick Saban in a BCS bowl game.

No one is offering Whittingham the Texas job.

My point? Charlie Strong faced FOUR! fuking Top 25 teams in 4 years----and he went 2-2.

He got fat playing shitty teams, and now he's also getting offered one of the best jobs in college football.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Drinker--- Kyle Whittingham took a Utah team and beat Nick Saban in a BCS bowl game.

No one is offering Whittingham the Texas job.

My point? Charlie Strong faced FOUR! fuking Top 25 teams in 4 years----and he went 2-2.

He got fat playing shitty teams, and now he's also getting offered one of the best jobs in college football.
    well that really wasnt the point...im just saying you cant make the leap that theyd get throttled by anyone in their case

as for strong and whittingham you really cant compare their pedigree...strong's UF background counts for a lot here too

sure there might have been better guys to offer but some of them dont want the circus....remember when saban finally went to bammer? richrod was their original guey and he turned it down....sometimes theres a lot of luck involved in all this

opie1988

well that really wasnt the point...im just saying you cant make the leap that theyd get throttled by anyone in their case

as for strong and whittingham you really cant compare their pedigree...strong's UF background counts for a lot here too

sure there might have been better guys to offer but some of them dont want the circus....remember when saban finally went to bammer? richrod was their original guey and he turned it down....sometimes theres a lot of luck involved in all this
    Nominated.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Jimmy Johnson
    Gruden
    Les Miles
    Stoops
    Saban
    Pete Carrol
    Tom Landry

add bear bryant and lombardi to this list

SamDiamond

Because I wasn't smart enough to refresh.
    Last edited by SamDiamond; 01-04-14 at 03:01 PM.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

common sam

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas fans must be feeling great that their 4th or 5th choice is "conflicted" about taking the job now. If Patterson had balls, he'd put a deadline on this shmuck and show him he's running the show. Take the offer today or it goes down a million a year every day for the next two days and then it's gone.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

OMG know your role. LVille is behind FSU, Clemson, VaTech, and Miami and probably on par with UNC, GaTech, and Pitt.

SamDiamond

common sam
    Sorry Drinker.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    You think Gruden & Cowher are making 7 million + with their tv gigs? Seriously??

Please just admit that was you that made that post about a line going to pick 'em. You know...the one where everyone laughed & laughed at you because it was like pick -300, and you said you found that game at pick 'em. I know you remember, pal!

Just provide me with the link to that thread, and I promise not to make fun of you!

Another a**hole Texan that can't stand to admit that his team is caca. As far as this wager, I have no idea what you are talking about. You show me. You do what I TELL you to do. Not the other way around.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    OMG know your role. LVille is behind FSU, Clemson, VaTech, and Miami and probably on par with UNC, GaTech, and Pitt.
    Miami LMAO? We have more money, better facilities, and better recent history. Virginia Tech??????

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

The ville will be back to what they always have been. Mediocre at best. No coach strong and no ted= bad situation

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Miami LMAO? We have more money, better facilities, and better recent history. Virginia Tech??????
    Louisville is going to get their tails handed to them in 2014. Your losses will include, but may no be limited to: Florida State, Miami, Clemson, and Notre Dame. 8-4 is as good as it will get for Louisville.

First 123 Last