CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Let's go off the fact that Lacy may be better than Gore (I think that is laughable, but for arguments sake we will use that). Gore has this good back-up known as LaMichael James.

I have no fukking clue who Lacy's back-up is.

The big thing is the 49ers O-Line will dominate the Packers D-Line.
    Seriously? James Starks is a great back up. Where have you been?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Let's go off the fact that Lacy may be better than Gore (I think that is laughable, but for arguments sake we will use that). Gore has this good back-up known as LaMichael James.

I have no fukking clue who Lacy's back-up is.

The big thing is the 49ers O-Line will dominate the Packers D-Line.
    James Starks, he's much more accomplished than James (Has a 100 yard game in the playoffs), I fear him at least as much as Lacy

smitch124

Oh I guess somebody already posted this lol.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Frank Gore may not like playing in cold weather either.

kid played his college ball in Miami.
    Bear did you watch the dolphins/steelers game and the weather?
    Remind me who won that game again?

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Another tidbit on the weather......The Weather Channel just said that the high temperature of -5 is supposed to hit at midnight on Sunday morning....the temperatures will actually drop as the day goes on and the actual game time temperature might break the all-time record of -13 set in 1967 at the Ice Bowl.

Makes the Super Bowl in New York at least likely to feel warm when it's in the 20s.

smitch124

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Another tidbit on the weather......The Weather Channel just said that the high temperature of -5 is supposed to hit at midnight on Sunday morning....the temperatures will actually drop as the day goes on and the actual game time temperature might break the all-time record of -13 set in 1967 at the Ice Bowl.

Makes the Super Bowl in New York at least likely to feel warm when it's in the 20s.
    What was the temp in Cincinnati in the 1981 AFC Championship game. I remember it being below -13.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    What was the temp in Cincinnati in the 1981 AFC Championship game. I remember it being below -13.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d824da7dd

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I really have to question some of you guys laughing at the Lacy is better than Gore comment. This isn't 2011 anymore....Frank Gore is not that Frank Gore. Watch him play, rather than just referencing your pre season fantasy guides top 200.

Eddie Lacy is the best RB in this game and James Starks isn't a bum off the bench either.

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I really have to question some of you guys laughing at the Lacy is better than Gore comment. This isn't 2011 anymore....Frank Gore is not that Frank Gore. Watch him play, rather than just referencing your pre season fantasy guides top 200.

Eddie Lacy is the best RB in this game and James Starks isn't a bum off the bench either.
    Starks could easily be an NFL starting RB but for the fact he is very injury prone.

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eddie Lacy and Frank Gore or two different beasts. Talented rookie vs seasoned vet. Instead of comparing them directly you should compare their respective run games and matchups. For instance, when Lacy gets to the second level, he may find pro bowlers Willis and Bowman. When Gore gets to the second level he might find a hole where Mathews is supposed to be.
    Last edited by Potentate; 01-03-14 at 10:58 AM.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Kaepernick played plenty of cold weather games at Nevada. Are you forgetting the win over then undefeated Boise State?

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Wasn't exactly warm when Kaep manned up to beat the Pats in Foxborough last December.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think cold weather favors Green Bay period
    Kaper if he runs a lot could be a problem for packers though

He should run 20 times and then they have shot to win

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

jj , will it snow in Newark ?

Making any $$$ snow blowing ?

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Coldest it gets in Kaps hometown of Turlock California is mid 20's in the winter

london2k
    london2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    He may had played but I will be more worried about 49ers defense. They are not used to playing in below zero weather and when Packers go with no huddle they will be gassed easily.
    Where do you get that? Cold air is DENSER air. Denser air has more OXYGEN per cubic foot than warm air. Hence, breathing cold air will NOT make you "gas" easily...in fact, you will gas more slowly than in warm air. Cold air might give you frozen fingers or toes, but it will not affect your aerobic endurance negatively.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Kaepernick played plenty of cold weather games at Nevada. Are you forgetting the win over then undefeated Boise State?
    He said the coldest he played in at Nevada was 20-degrees. We're talking about -15 degrees with a wind chill of -40. That is a HUGE difference...the ball becomes much more difficult to throw and hold onto. The ball becomes harder than a frozen hockey puck.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    He said the coldest he played in at Nevada was 20-degrees. We're talking about -15 degrees with a wind chill of -40. That is a HUGE difference...the ball becomes much more difficult to throw and hold onto. The ball becomes harder than a frozen hockey puck.
    Wasn't the wind chill closer to 0 in the Boise State game? Doesn't matter to me, I am on Packers this week +3.

jjgold

Sammy I shoveled this morning three properties I made $190

Like I said Kaper has to run 20 times or San Fran has no shot

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    jj , will it snow in Newark ?

Making any $$$ snow blowing ?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Actually this question came up from a colleague of mine
    and the coldest weather game we could recall was last year
    at Patriots... i went into the weather database, it was Dec 16th
    and right around 30-35 degrees, so no, not by a longshot, has
    CK played in the type of frozen tundra we're going to see in Lambeau.
    CK is a thin-boned waif. Green Bay is the play.
    Don't bother with CK's college game at 20 degrees, this is much
    worse, and against an NFL playoff defense.
    Last edited by Snowball; 01-03-14 at 02:14 PM.

Potentate
    Skirred Money

Seasoned bettors, ask yourself: What wins championships? (Besides good pitching...)

Scratch 23
    Scratch 23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Quote Originally Posted by Potentate View Post
    Seasoned bettors, ask yourself: What wins championships? (Besides good pitching...)
    The team with the best equipment manager?

tatddy

This is such a waste of breath. I'd worry less about which QB's hands are likely to freeze. At -40 wind shill it's a sheer battle of survival out there. Plus GB/Rodgers get auto-credit for playing in GB but understand that GB is also 3-4 at Lambeau in games played at -4 or below.

If you really want a reason to take GB I'll give them to you but they have nothing to do with weather or not "Kaep can handle the cold".

1) The obvious...Rodgers and Cobb are back and Lacy is healthier than the past few weeks. They have energy and some momentum and don't really have much to lose here

2) Bruce Miller is out. He's a top 4 fullback in the NFL and was an increasingly important out for Kaep in the SF passing game. Losing a FB is a big deal when your team runs over 70 percent of their plays with a FB in there.

3) Carlos Rodgers hasn't practiced and is questionable. His backup Eric Wright just had a hammy flare up. Losing a DB against Rodgers isn't the best thing. And hoping that questionable players can keep muscles warm and injury free in frozen weather isn't any better.

Good luck with your bets.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by london2k View Post
    Where do you get that? Cold air is DENSER air. Denser air has more OXYGEN per cubic foot than warm air. Hence, breathing cold air will NOT make you "gas" easily...in fact, you will gas more slowly than in warm air. Cold air might give you frozen fingers or toes, but it will not affect your aerobic endurance negatively.
    Jeez. Come in now.

Pavy may have been stupid (who else posts fake pics of a non-existent girlfriend) but you should know what he means.

Gassed doesn't necessarily mean that they are oxygen deprived....he could have meant it in other ways.

Have you ever done a cardio vascular workout in -20 degree weather or colder (speaking in Celsius of course)? Do you have any idea what this does to the throat? To the lungs?

Yes, there may be more oxygen-dense air out there, but your lungs don't exactly want to soak it up....in fact breathing becomes short, and this will limit oxygen intake more than anything else.

You sound like you are reasonably smart....so use that mush-brain of yours to think before rebutting some bodies argument ONLY to try and LOOK like an intellect.

I grew up (for 31 years) in Winnipeg. For anyone that doesn't know, Winnipeg is the coldest city in the world with a population base of more than 600,000(and that includes the crazy hot summers). It is -53 there today. I can assure you as a hockey player that grew up practicing and playing outdoors, these kind of temperatures will have an effect. To say that they will be better off breathing is just ludicrous.

My evaluation is this....both teams will run all over one another. It is much more comfortable and natural to be hit than to throw a hit. No matter what, our minds use forces of self preservation, and in the cold the mental side of things favour the runner as opposed to the hitter. This is the opposite of what everyone thinks, and I am fine with that.

I believe that Rodgers will be less frustrated at his receivers inabilities to catch the ball. I believe that the weather will make each teams run offence equal out. I cannot ignore the Packers experience, that the Pack are at home and that they still have the best QB. Tack on the fact that they are getting points and my play becomes quite evident. Maybe the Pack don't win this game....but with 2.5 points....they are my pick.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    This is such a waste of breath. I'd worry less about which QB's hands are likely to freeze. At -40 wind shill it's a sheer battle of survival out there. Plus GB/Rodgers get auto-credit for playing in GB but understand that GB is also 3-4 at Lambeau in games played at -4 or below.

If you really want a reason to take GB I'll give them to you but they have nothing to do with weather or not "Kaep can handle the cold".

1) The obvious...Rodgers and Cobb are back and Lacy is healthier than the past few weeks. They have energy and some momentum and don't really have much to lose here

2) Bruce Miller is out. He's a top 4 fullback in the NFL and was an increasingly important out for Kaep in the SF passing game. Losing a FB is a big deal when your team runs over 70 percent of their plays with a FB in there.

3) Carlos Rodgers hasn't practiced and is questionable. His backup Eric Wright just had a hammy flare up. Losing a DB against Rodgers isn't the best thing. And hoping that questionable players can keep muscles warm and injury free in frozen weather isn't any better.

And this is what makes Tatter a successful bettor. The fact that he can look at both sides of the coin, even though he has a vested interest.

I tip my cap to you sir, and if I do lose my wager I will take solace in the fact that I know you are somewhere celebrating.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    And this is what makes Tatter a successful bettor. The fact that he can look at both sides of the coin, even though he has a vested interest.

I tip my cap to you sir, and if I do lose my wager I will take solace in the fact that I know you are somewhere celebrating.
    Thanks pal I don't wager with my heart (at least not anymore). Not making a play on the side in this game and I can't really do anything to talk you out of yours. I think it will be a great game and should go down to the wire.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Jeez. Come in now.

Pavy may have been stupid (who else posts fake pics of a non-existent girlfriend) but you should know what he means.
    Kaboom!

Potentate
    Skirred Money

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch 23 View Post
    The team with the best equipment manager?
    Haha! Yes sometimes.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Skinny legs need warm weather. It won't take much to put the hurt
    on these toothpicks.
    Attached Images  

Potentate
    Skirred Money

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post

Good stuff. Like I said earlier, if you want to look at something that could really give a team the edge, look at injuries, not the weather.

WhatALoser
    WhatALoser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Injuries are pretty much a wash. Both teams have banged up players and players playing who are coming off injuries. With no Clay Matthews and Johnny Jolly, I don't think Green Bay has the players capable on defense to stop San Fran this weekend. I just don't. I feel more safe in San Fran getting that one crucial stop to win and cover the game. It doesn't matter what type of weather you play in, if you're not disciplined enough(which GB has proven time and time again they aren't) to stop the read option offense, you're not going to win. I watched the Bears game over and over and Rodgers didn't look good. He didn't play well enough to convince me to expect the MVP Rodgers this weekend. In order for Green Bay to win or cover, turnovers would have to go their way on more than 1 occasion.
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave WhatALoser 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Potentate
    Skirred Money

Kaepernick's old coach Jim Mastro was on the radio about half an hour ago, addressing the topic of this thread. A few takeaways: He says there was no indoor facility at Nevada so they practiced outside in some pretty brutal temperatures. He says Kap's ability to run made it so they could strategically limit the number of times he needed to throw the ball during cold games. He said elevating the ball in cold temps is risky, so strong arm quarterbacks like Kaep are better suited.

YMMV

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyStyle View Post
    Lacy is better than Gore
    not in this match up IMO

Reno_Thor
    Reno_Thor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5264

This thread may very well represent the epitome of overthinking the game. The physics of dense air? Kap's toothpick legs will get colder? I'm taking the 9ers simply because I think they are the better team.

PS - I sat in the stands and watched Kap drive back and forth down the field against Boise back in 2010 and it was frickin cold. He did just fine, my frozen ass not so much

jjgold

Its 5 degrees here

Now if you wear gloves and jump around its really overrated

These guys are fukkin animals, watch they will play like it is 70 degrees

First 123 Last