Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Time for Mark 'he is really a nice guy' Richt to get the boot ?

Ga $$$ backers have to be tired of this guy by now... All you ever hear when he is on the hot-seat is how nice of a guy he is

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

I've been saying it for years, but my SEC buddies say he's not going anywhere.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

its been time

Sam Odom

Ralphie... How long will he ride the SEC Champ appearance (loss to Bama) ?

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Richt is locked in at UGA for the long haul. The fact that he produced some really great seasons with Murray saved his arse at UGA. Should be an interested next two years in Athens, that's for sure.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Ralphie... How long will he ride the SEC Champ appearance (loss to Bama) ?
    Probably at least a couple more years. He does have an excuse this year with all of the injuries, but that team constantly has great talent and can never get it done. Sometimes like you said, if you do something really good for a program, people will keep you on board way longer than they should (Tedford at Cal). People in Athens still love that guy.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Team full of key injuries. Not his fault this year, although they need new d cordinator

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What type of talent does Georgia Have next year and how was their recruiting class?

Sam Odom

jj , Ga usually get 90% of who they want

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    What type of talent does Georgia Have next year and how was their recruiting class?
    If they stay healthy I think they win the east. They are deep jj

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The Qb is Joe Cox part 2 without AJ Green. The d coordinator is a hamburger but the rest of the team will be loaded. Most schools would have dumped Richt by now. He's been a play away from the title game in 2002 and 2012. UGA was the best team in the country at the end of 07 and should have played for it then.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    UGA is stacked in the coming years. They landed 2 of the Top 8 RB's, the #2 DT and got the 2nd best recruiting class in the SEC besides Bama. They should be able to get through the East. Hopefully they don't schedule someone like Clemson first game of the fukking year again.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...tuation-at-uga

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

He should have been fired a long time ago.

When you don't win SEC titles at a team that is generally considered an SEC powerhouse, then you deserve to get fired.

I think he has won 1 SEC title.

The question is always, "who do you get to replace him?"

You can't just put some bum in at UGA.

They would look for people like David Shaw or Vanderbilt's coach.

Whoever Texas's shortlist is, is the type of people UGA would look for.

Since there is no suitable replacement, Richt will stay and UGA will still be chokers in the clutch.

At least UGA will keep kicking Florida's ass.

bubblebuttluv

And of course, whoever wins the South Carolina/UGA game should win the SEC East in a usual year.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

I thought he would have been fired after not doing more with stafford and moreno.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    He should have been fired a long time ago.

When you don't win SEC titles at a team that is generally considered an SEC powerhouse, then you deserve to get fired.

I think he has won 1 SEC title.

The question is always, "who do you get to replace him?"

You can't just put some bum in at UGA.

They would look for people like David Shaw or Vanderbilt's coach.

Whoever Texas's shortlist is, is the type of people UGA would look for.

Since there is no suitable replacement, Richt will stay and UGA will still be chokers in the clutch.

At least UGA will keep kicking Florida's ass.
    Ok dude, stay in your lane. They were 2 fukking yards from beating Alabama in 2013 and going to the title game vs. ND (which they would have crushed the Irish). They've been to the title game 3 or 4 times in an era where the SEC has won the LAST 7 NATIONAL TITLES.

It's not like UGA is underachieving in the Big East or ACC. Every conference game for UGA is like playing a ranked team, half of them on the road. Then you schedule Clemson, on the road, to open the season??

The SEC has to be looked at differently then any other conference. The fact that Alabama won 3 out of 4 is truly remarkable. Now going back you add in Auburn's one, Florida's two and LSU's one there is 7. Unreal.

And the guy says "He doesn't win titles" - in the SEC, coming in 2nd and going to BCS games is alright too when the University is getting a fat fukking check for $15 Million

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

He's won 2 SEC titles and 5 SEC East titles. That's more than any other SEC East team since he's been there.

bubblebuttluv

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Ok dude, stay in your lane. They were 2 fukking yards from beating Alabama in 2013 and going to the title game vs. ND (which they would have crushed the Irish). They've been to the title game 3 or 4 times in an era where the SEC has won the LAST 7 NATIONAL TITLES.

It's not like UGA is underachieving in the Big East or ACC. Every conference game for UGA is like playing a ranked team, half of them on the road. Then you schedule Clemson, on the road, to open the season??

The SEC has to be looked at differently then any other conference. The fact that Alabama won 3 out of 4 is truly remarkable. Now going back you add in Auburn's one, Florida's two and LSU's one there is 7. Unreal.

And the guy says "He doesn't win titles" - in the SEC, coming in 2nd and going to BCS games is alright too when the University is getting a fat fukking check for $15 Million
    I live in metro-Atlanta so I am "in the lane" or whatever the fukk you are talking about.

Winning the SEC East just doesn't cut it anymore.

And coming close to beating Alabama doesn't mean shit. Winning is all that matters, not "coming close".

Richt is not a closer.

If Spurrier or Saban was UGA's coach, UGA would have won another national title.

Hershel Walker is NOT walking through that door.

I'm a Georgia Tech fan, so I like seeing UGA lose, but UGA should have won today.

I will stay right in this lane.

UGA is underachieving in their own conference which is all that matters. UGA doesn't play in the Big East or ACC so that point is mute.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

…its been a long time coming now. sick 'em.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

He is not going anywhere. No one cares about stupid bowl game wins where you play for nothing. Mark Richt gives you 8-11 wins year after year in the tough as nails SEC.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

I live in metro-Atlanta so I am "in the lane" or whatever the fukk you are talking about.

Winning the SEC East just doesn't cut it anymore.

And coming close to beating Alabama doesn't mean shit. Winning is all that matters, not "coming close".

Richt is not a closer.

If Spurrier or Saban was UGA's coach, UGA would have won another national title.

Hershel Walker is NOT walking through that door.

I'm a Georgia Tech fan, so I like seeing UGA lose, but UGA should have won today.

I will stay right in this lane.

UGA is underachieving in their own conference which is all that matters. UGA doesn't play in the Big East or ACC so that point is mute.
    Winning the SEC East means you're a Top 10 (at LEAST) team in the country. Look at the rest of the SEC and tell me, besides Alabama, who is consistently there. No one. Florida, South Carolina, Auburn all go dormant for a year or two, usually between coaching changes. LSU even has gone through it. UGA is the only school (and while under Richt) that has really "taken a year off" - they're always in contention.

I don't really care if you're from Atlanta or Athens or you sleep next to the locker room, that means nothing to me. I'm 1,000 miles away from Athens but I'm a diehard UGA fan since I was 6 six years old.

You won't lose your job if you're consistently in the SEC Title Game and losing in the final seconds to the college football team of the decade. I agree that winning matters, but those fat fukking BCS bowl game and sponsorship checks count too. The Boosters or University might not talk about the money factor but it's there. If Richt is the guy that keeps them consistent and keeps running an honorable program that keeps collecting checks...he'll be good for a LONG time.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Richt has the strictest drug and discipline policy in the country. When most schools have their guys running laps or maybe nothing at all, Richt suspends them. It hurts him nearly every year. He needs to surround himself with better people. The special teams have been an embarrassment about 5 years running and grantham sucks. Willie Martinez nearly did Richt in a few years ago

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I just wish now that the football season is over he stops with the Ford truck commercials. He was getting on my nerves a dozen times every night.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Winning the SEC East means you're a Top 10 (at LEAST) team in the country. Look at the rest of the SEC and tell me, besides Alabama, who is consistently there. No one. Florida, South Carolina, Auburn all go dormant for a year or two, usually between coaching changes. LSU even has gone through it. UGA is the only school (and while under Richt) that has really "taken a year off" - they're always in contention.

I don't really care if you're from Atlanta or Athens or you sleep next to the locker room, that means nothing to me. I'm 1,000 miles away from Athens but I'm a diehard UGA fan since I was 6 six years old.

You won't lose your job if you're consistently in the SEC Title Game and losing in the final seconds to the college football team of the decade. I agree that winning matters, but those fat fukking BCS bowl game and sponsorship checks count too. The Boosters or University might not talk about the money factor but it's there. If Richt is the guy that keeps them consistent and keeps running an honorable program that keeps collecting checks...he'll be good for a LONG time.
    South Carolina will finish a top 10 team for the 3rd straight year, 11 wins for the 3rd straight year and won the SEC East in 2010......So not sure about them going dormant....Since Spurrier arrived they have just been getting better, although we will miss Shaw and Clowney a lot

SEC East gunna be a great battle next year between SC, Mizzou, and UGA

I like Richt though overall....his team was decimated by injuries this season

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Yea, they were averaging around 40 pts a game before half the team got hurt on that cow pasture in Knoxville. I think Missouri loses a lot, especially on defense. Uga should be loaded everywhere but the secondary and Hutson Mason is basically Joe Cox without AJ Green. UGA has a favorable schedule again. If they win less than 10 games it's time to move on from Richt.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

richt turned down the pitt job before when he was at fsu (oc) thought id throw that in there

bubblebuttluv

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Richt has the strictest drug and discipline policy in the country. When most schools have their guys running laps or maybe nothing at all, Richt suspends them. It hurts him nearly every year. He needs to surround himself with better people. The special teams have been an embarrassment about 5 years running and grantham sucks. Willie Martinez nearly did Richt in a few years ago
    Richt and discipline? lol.

UGA players run wild.

bubblebuttluv

You're out of touch.

If you're such a UGA fan, do you really think 2 SEC title wins since 2000 cuts it? I sure don't.

There are a few things I thought SEC people understood.

1.) No one gives a single fukk if you make the SEC title game and lose.

2.) Sure you almost beat Alabama in the SEC title game. The key word being "ALMOST". ALMOST beating someone is no where near actually beating them.

3.) Keep trying to say you are a top 10 team and yet you still lose your bowl games.

4.) 8 wins for a so-called "elite SEC team" is fukking disgusting and UGA fans should be ashamed. If all you are going to get is 8 wins, you might as well not even play.

NOW LET ALABAMA CONTINUE TO SHOW THAT SHIT TEAM FROM ATHENS, HOW THE SEC REALLY PLAYS FOOTBALL.

bubblebuttluv

By all means though, keep Richt.

Keep having disappointing seasons.

Keep taking some of the best talent in the country and doing absolutely nothing with it.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

You're out of touch.

If you're such a UGA fan, do you really think 2 SEC title wins since 2000 cuts it? I sure don't.

There are a few things I thought SEC people understood.

1.) No one gives a single fukk if you make the SEC title game and lose.

2.) Sure you almost beat Alabama in the SEC title game. The key word being "ALMOST". ALMOST beating someone is no where near actually beating them.

3.) Keep trying to say you are a top 10 team and yet you still lose your bowl games.

4.) 8 wins for a so-called "elite SEC team" is fukking disgusting and UGA fans should be ashamed. If all you are going to get is 8 wins, you might as well not even play.

NOW LET ALABAMA CONTINUE TO SHOW THAT SHIT TEAM FROM ATHENS, HOW THE SEC REALLY PLAYS FOOTBALL.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Richt is the best coach Georgia has ever had. Including Vince Dooley

Bubbler you have no idea what you're talking about. They won't ever pay for a Saban type so what are you saying?

Georgia plays in relevant bowl games every year. That's what they need and that's basically overachieving on their part.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Bubbler you have no idea what you're talking about. They won't ever pay for a Saban type so what are you saying?

Georgia plays in relevant bowl games every year. That's what they need and that's basically overachieving on their part.
    I summed it up for ya above

bubblebuttluv

Maybe I am disillusioned by everyone and their brother in Gwinnett and Hall County saying, "This is the year! Sick'em dawgs! We're going to win a national title!"

I may just go wear some Nebraska shit in Athens tomorrow, because fukk UGA.

UGA fans are clowns if they don't demand better than 8 wins.

Anyone who lives near Atlanta should just listen to 680 or 92.9 and they'll get that the general consensus is that UGA deserves better than this shit.

Like I said, I rep Georgia Tech and while they aren't that good at least their fans know that.

UGA fans think their team is so big and bad only to have yet another lost season.

Grantham is garbage and so is Richt.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

You keep talking about Georgia Tech but that doesn't help you because they're not relevant so I'm thinking maybe you're just jealous.

Georgia is what I said they are. You obviously aren't familiar with sec football. South Carolina sucked for years and years and cocks fans have said the same shit forever even before spurrier came on board. Do a little homework on cfb history before you come here with absolute opinions guey.

bubblebuttluv

You keep talking about Georgia Tech but that doesn't help you because they're not relevant so I'm thinking maybe you're just jealous.

Georgia is what I said they are. You obviously aren't familiar with sec football. South Carolina sucked for years and years and cocks fans have said the same shit forever even before spurrier came on board. Do a little homework on cfb history before you come here with absolute opinions guey.
    I'm not jealous.

My grandfather liked Alabama so if I want to root for an SEC team, I have a LEGIT one to support.

Saban will stay at Bama until he dies, so they will be worth watching for years and years.

What happened Drinker? You used not to be an asshole.

12 Last