smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Shaw has to be lying through his teeth

He must just be trying to keep his team together for this Rose Bowl match up. He is absolutely NUTS if he doesn't take one of these NFL offers. Stanford is going to drop WAY off next year, basically all of their starters are graduating, the cupboard will be bare.

I'm a Stanford fan, I hope he stays, but I don't think its gonna matter for Stanford. They are done being a BCS contender for a few years at least.

smitch124

Will he change his tune tomorrow after the big game?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hes smart he'll stay at Stanford

smitch124

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    well if coaching 2-3 years of a 7-5 team and losing all your NFL interest is smart I guess.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

my friend that lives in cali said he's a Cali guy and his wife and kids want to live in the bay area.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

if you are a Stanford fan you should know that he has recruited very well so the cupboard will be far from bare. LY he had to replace Luck and many other key players but still won double-digit games. He might very well leave Stanford but it will be for the riches and the challenge of the NFL (or Texas), but it will not be because the cupboard is bare in Palo Alto.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiffTFinancial

smitch124

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    if you are a Stanford fan you should know that he has recruited very well so the cupboard will be far from bare. LY he had to replace Luck and many other key players but still won double-digit games. He might very well leave Stanford but it will be for the riches and the challenge of the NFL (or Texas), but it will not be because the cupboard is bare in Palo Alto.
    You really think they have the players on their team right now that can replace their offensive and defensive lines, which are both being lost to graduation? That seems like a tall order. I can see replacing 1 or 2 per year on each line, but to expect either line to be near what they are now in the next few years is just plain dreaming.

smitch124

Well Shaw won't have to worry about any more offers after that debacle. Props to MSU, but how do you continue to run and run when you obviously can't run.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I don't know who's more overrated, Shaw or Kevin Sumlin at A&M. Both of these guys should jump at NFL offers, because I don't think they'll be getting any next year, especially Sumlin.

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Well Shaw won't have to worry about any more offers after that debacle. Props to MSU, but how do you continue to run and run when you obviously can't run.
    He'll fit in perfectly with some of today's NFL teams. :P

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Smart ? Explain. Down 7 kicks field goal loses by 4. Smart ?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TitsArriba, and sbrhedge

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

saloon this shit

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

They are just token interviews. Got to get the black coach a phuckin interview or it is racist. Does Grambling interview whites?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    They are just token interviews. Got to get the black coach a phuckin interview or it is racist. Does Grambling interview whites?
    good question

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    id have called the game differently than shaw but he clearly saw that his qb was a liability so it was a no win situation for him

going in to the game the prevailing attitude was that mich st had to add rubs to their gameplan because both teams do the same things and stanford does them better....turns out it was the other way around

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Why would Shaw go anywhere? Who's in that conference that is so intimidating that you count that game as an automatic L every year? After Oregon and (occasionally) Southern Cal, you can pretty much figure you have a chance to finish second in the conference every year; nothing wrong with that.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

For the record, Stanford Graduation losses are two starting OL's, two starting RB's including Gaffney, and their FB on offense. They lose one starter on the DL and two starting LB's. That is it. Now other underclassmen may go pro, but this is certainly no big deal.

As far as Shaw is concerned, he has a major problem. He has a "my way or the highway" mentality and his way is obviously not working. All he does is run, run, run. His game plan yesterday was a total disaster. His teams have also lost 5 away games in the past two years. Again, poor coaching. If I were an NFL team looking for a new HC, he is off of my list, unless I need someone to cover the Rooney rule. Then he gets an interview, but nothing more.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Some of the worst play calling i've ever seen in that game yesterday. If I'm a GM and had any thoughts of considering Shaw for a position, watching yesterday's game took him off my list.

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    For the record, Stanford Graduation losses are two starting OL's, two starting RB's including Gaffney, and their FB on offense. They lose one starter on the DL and two starting LB's. That is it. Now other underclassmen may go pro, but this is certainly no big deal.

As far as Shaw is concerned, he has a major problem. He has a "my way or the highway" mentality and his way is obviously not working. All he does is run, run, run. His game plan yesterday was a total disaster. His teams have also lost 5 away games in the past two years. Again, poor coaching. If I were an NFL team looking for a new HC, he is off of my list, unless I need someone to cover the Rooney rule. Then he gets an interview, but nothing more.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

you guys must not have watched the same game i was watching

msu has the best pass coverage in the country alongside fsu and alabammer...stanford was NOT going to throw the ball successfully yesterday...they had two big plays early and everything else got locked down after that

id have probably said go for the first down on 4th and 3 or whatever but id bet they had maybe a 10% chance of converting it

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post

As for run, run, run, it's a miracle that Andrew Luck snuck into the NFL playing for this modern-day Woody Hayes. I think that Shaw, like most coaches, goes with the respective strengths of his personnel in a given year. 2013 Stanford team was positively built around the power running game because their personnel dictated it. Should they have thrown on 4th-and-3 or 4th-and-1 yesterday? You could certainly argue that they should've, but if you watched Stanford this season, it wasn't a major surprise. Shaw went with his strength and Sparty run defense beat it, but MSU pass defense is no slouch, so it's not as if there is any guarantee that Stanford would've converted simply by going away from their established strength by passing rather than running on 4th down.

Also, forgot where i was for a second. Thank you for reminding me that i'm at SBR, where a decent percentage of the members still carry around Dixie 1950s attitudes about race. There was a thread yesterday in which people were arguing that Manziel is a better NFL prospect than Bridgewater because the science isn't yet in on whether black people have the intelligence and leadership skills necessary to succeed in the NFL. I checked my watch to make sure that I hadn't fallen into a wayback machine.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

I'm with ya' Biff. The ignorance and bigotry around here is pretty mind numbing. I worked for 7 months in Mississippi in 2009. A native of and resident of the melting pot of South Florida, it was quite an eye opener to spend time in the deep south. I met some very good people, but there's still a lot of racism out there. Felt like the 1960's sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    As for run, run, run, it's a miracle that Andrew Luck snuck into the NFL playing for this modern-day Woody Hayes. I think that Shaw, like most coaches, goes with the respective strengths of his personnel in a given year. 2013 Stanford team was positively built around the power running game because their personnel dictated it. Should they have thrown on 4th-and-3 or 4th-and-1 yesterday? You could certainly argue that they should've, but if you watched Stanford this season, it wasn't a major surprise. Shaw went with his strength and Sparty run defense beat it, but MSU pass defense is no slouch, so it's not as if there is any guarantee that Stanford would've converted simply by going away from their established strength by passing rather than running on 4th down.

Also, forgot where i was for a second. Thank you for reminding me that i'm at SBR, where a decent percentage of the members still carry around Dixie 1950s attitudes about race. There was a thread yesterday in which people were arguing that Manziel is a better NFL prospect than Bridgewater because the science isn't yet in on whether black people have the intelligence and leadership skills necessary to succeed in the NFL. I checked my watch to make sure that I hadn't fallen into a wayback machine.
    Points Awarded:

BiffTFinancial gave fecgp40 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.