Taylor21
    Taylor21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

NFL : Any early games that will effect the lines on 4:25 games

I know KC is locked into a 5 seed, but are there any 4:25 game lines that will be effected by the outcome on the 1pm et games ???

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Chargers could be playing for something or nothing in that KC game you mentioned.

depends upon some of the following Dolphins, Ravens, Steelers

Taylor21

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Chargers could be playing for something or nothing in that KC game you mentioned.

depends upon some of the following Dolphins, Ravens, Steelers
    Yeah but they will still be playing there starters I guess ?? I'm talking about a BIG line change...For instance a team at 4:10 pm et say they are a 10 point fav then or some reason they are a 4 pt fav [Just an example, not a real game]

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

nope

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

The NFL has been crafty about rearranging the week 17 time schedule in recent years. Now days, if there are any games that depend on one another for playoff chances, the NFL schedules those games to play at the same time. Years ago, it was easy to parlay games together based on Team X winning inflating the value of Team Y in a later game, basically correlated parlays based on playoff scenarios, but those days are gone. For the sport, it's probably a good thing because teams won't know how things shake out until their game is over, forcing more teams to play as if they have something at stake. So, even though it sucks some value from intelligent bettors, it's probably good for the game for whatever that's worth.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Can't apply Baye's Theorem as much anymore in late season NFL betting as was once able to.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Baltimore and Miami both play early. If they both lose then San Diego gets into the playoffs with a WIN.

Pittsburgh also plays early, so the Steelers get in with a San Diego loss.

I just hope Baltimore AND Miami lose and things will get interesting.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Baltimore and Miami both play early. If they both lose then San Diego gets into the playoffs with a WIN.

San Diego or Baltimore are the only two teams that have a shot of winning a wildcard game on the road.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

chiefs can not improve their position.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

If Bengals beat the Ravens, Patriots must win in order to keep #2 seed, or else Bengals go to #2.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post

The problem is there is no chance KC wins. They have come out and said they are laying down in this game. All the "important" games have seemed to be moved to the later games.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

the Chargers line will go down if they have nothing to play for.

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Hopefully under a TD

Taylor21

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    And what scenario is that ??

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    San Diego or Baltimore are the only two teams that have a shot of winning a wildcard game on the road.

i believe SD is at home against KC.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

If carolina loses early game seattle will have nothing to play for vs the rams

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor21 View Post
    I know KC is locked into a 5 seed, but are there any 4:25 game lines that will be effected by the outcome on the 1pm et games ???
    KC@SD: SD will know if it has a playoff shot at kickoff. They need MIA & BAL to both lose (or tie). So, the standard ML parlay to use would be NYJ-CIN-SD because SD value goes up if they are playoff eligible, which requires a NYJ AND CIN win (or tie). Also, KC-BAL and KC-MIA are good parlays because SD's value goes way down if they are eliminated before kickoff.

Otherwise, there's nothing. The Saints will know the Carolina result before kickoff, but they are probably more concerned about the SF@AZ game, which will be going at the same time. Also, players for various teams might do some scoreboard watching and if a game effecting their playoff chances becomes lopsided, maybe they'll try harder or give up depending on how it effects their playoff chances. For example: Parlay MIA ML & CIN -7 because Miami can clinch a playoff spot with a Baltimore loss and if Cincy is jacking up the score, Miami might find extra motivation knowing they can now win their way into the playoffs. I'm not sure if it's worth it, though, because I'm not sure how much scoreboard watching can motivate players.
    Points Awarded:

Ronald S. gave slacker00 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

homie1975 gave slacker00 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

they should have an important game on at one!!! I want to have something to watch...stupid nfl schedulers!!! dumb penetrates they will be punished!

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

However unlikely should Cin and Ind both lose NE has nothing to play for. They get auto 2nd seed that is unless you think there's a remote chance Den loses.

tinhphai
    tinhphai's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    KC@SD: SD will know if it has a playoff shot at kickoff. They need MIA & BAL to both lose (or tie). So, the standard ML parlay to use would be NYJ-CIN-SD because SD value goes up if they are playoff eligible, which requires a NYJ AND CIN win (or tie). Also, KC-BAL and KC-MIA are good parlays because SD's value goes way down if they are eliminated before kickoff.

Otherwise, there's nothing. The Saints will know the Carolina result before kickoff, but they are probably more concerned about the SF@AZ game, which will be going at the same time. Also, players for various teams might do some scoreboard watching and if a game effecting their playoff chances becomes lopsided, maybe they'll try harder or give up depending on how it effects their playoff chances. For example: Parlay MIA ML & CIN -7 because Miami can clinch a playoff spot with a Baltimore loss and if Cincy is jacking up the score, Miami might find extra motivation knowing they can now win their way into the playoffs. I'm not sure if it's worth it, though, because I'm not sure how much scoreboard watching can motivate players.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by aman86 View Post
    they should have an important game on at one!!! I want to have something to watch...stupid nfl schedulers!!! dumb penetrates they will be punished!
    Yeah, not a ton going on in the early games. BAL@CIN is the best game, BAL is playing for their playoff lives and CIN can move around in the seeds depends on what happens today. NYJ@MIA has MIA fighting to get in the playoffs. CAR needs a win @ATL to move up in the seeds as well. But, most of the most critical games were moved to later in the day. The rest of the early games might have some draft order implications at best.

Ronald S.
    Ronald S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Yeah, not a ton going on in the early games. BAL@CIN is the best game, BAL is playing for their playoff lives and CIN can move around in the seeds depends on what happens today. NYJ@MIA has MIA fighting to get in the playoffs. CAR needs a win @ATL to move up in the seeds as well. But, most of the most critical games were moved to later in the day. The rest of the early games might have some draft order implications at best.
    Indy still technically has a shot at a 1st round bye if they win and CIN and NE both lose.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald S. View Post
    Indy still technically has a shot at a 1st round bye if they win and CIN and NE both lose.
    Thanks for the heads up! So many scenarios, easy to lose track.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

both NE and Den need to win for home field and bye regardless of anything else correct?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    both NE and Den need to win for home field and bye regardless of anything else correct?
    NE needs to win because CIN can overtake them for #2. DEN needs to win because NE can overtake them for #1.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

still like buffalo, more money coming in on the pats but the line moved the other way.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trytrytry

Cause-I-Need-It
    Cause-I-Need-It's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    If carolina loses early game seattle will have nothing to play for vs the rams
    Except the #1 seed. 9ers can still get it if both Car/Sea lose and they win.