Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Things do go boom in Texas. Most being poorly regulated fertilizer plants and off shore oil rigs and the like. But boom never the less.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    I've been running back and forth between here and the US. Mom's been having health problems. Other than that can't complian, thanks for asking and hope all's well with you and yours.

I'm not sure I understand some of your points. I get some corporations seems to care little to zip about the country. They have no obligation to do so either so? People have no obligation to do business with them either. I usually try to shop at Costco rather than Sam's solely due to the fact Costco treats their employees well and pay a living wage. I just read where Starbucks does more or less the same. Not sure I'm willing to fork over $3 for a cup of coffee but I'm more likely to stop in there now then I was before. I think companies that only look at solely the profit loss sheet and not the whole picture are doing themselves and the country harm but passing laws to change their policy doesn't sound very constitutional to me. People have a right to run their businesses they way they see fit and folks have a right to spend their money where they see fit.
    Everything's good here. Hope Mom gets better.

You understood my points. You just put them into words you understood.

Businesses have a right to run as they see fit, but our pesky govt steps in and regulates them. Tells them what they can
    and can't do. A minimum of wages and if they have employees working over a certain amount of hours, they have to pay
    benefits.

That's what I see, business could care less about the economy, so long as their bottom line looks good. Can't wait for the
    minimum wage increase. I want to see who hollers and or leaves the country. I don't see it happening, as you said, we
    speak with our wallets.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Everything's good here. Hope Mom gets better.

You understood my points. You just put them into words you understood.

Businesses have a right to run as they see fit, but our pesky govt steps in and regulates them. Tells them what they can
    and can't do. A minimum of wages and if they have employees working over a certain amount of hours, they have to pay
    benefits.

That's what I see, business could care less about the economy, so long as their bottom line looks good. Can't wait for the
    minimum wage increase. I want to see who hollers and or leaves the country. I don't see it happening, as you said, we
    speak with our wallets.

Thanks. My mom's getting along in years. I'm just hoping she has an enjoyable and as pain free time during her sunset years. My dad suffered greatly, much of his pain could have been dealt with if his doctors and not the DEA decided pain control doses. A bunch of folks abuse pain meds and end up offing themselves and somehow that means people in actual pain have to live with pain. America, land of the free my hairy a... Well, no need to get started down that lane in this thread.

I can see why some companies couldn't make it work without having their products made cheaply off shore. I mean I think Steve jobs flat out told Obama "no way in hell Apple's moving any manufacturing jobs back to the US." Probably couldn't and stay competitive. But other companies seem to be able to provide good/decent working condition, pay, benefits etc... and manage to stay competitive, Costco/Sam's being examples of that. It seems good for all if people make a living wage and the corporation can make a decent profit. Too many businesses only look at how much they can squeeze out of each employe where I think they'd do better by being invested in that employe being at least somewhat happy with their jobs. Unhappy workers with little or no hope of advancement are usually the least productive employees.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Obamacare kicking out Kids in NJ

While the federal government was trumpeting the benefits of Obamacare to boost enrollment earlier this year, about 1,800 families in New Jersey were receiving letters telling them their children would be losing their health coverage last week.

The Affordable Care Act — the federal law that mandates everyone have insurance — effectively killed FamilyCare Advantage, a low-cost option for kids in New Jersey created six years ago for parents who earned too much to qualify for Medicaid and other subsidized programs but too little to buy on a policy on their own. The state program was the first of its kind in the nation.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...lass_kids.html

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Bull shit. Christie is just now participating in Medicaid expansion.

•New Jersey: Gov. Chris Christie (R) in his Feb. 26 budget address announced that New Jersey will participate in the Medicaid expansion. The ACA provision is expected to extended Medicaid coverage to about 300,000 uninsured New Jersey residents (Cheney, Politico, 2/26/13).

http://www.advisory.com/Daily-Briefi...09/MedicaidMap

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    We tried to tell them, partner.
    says the guy who lives in Texas.

Texas is the most fukked up state in the country. They are trying to give that dude life in prison for getting caught with weed brownies.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Worst Pres in American History
    Most hated person in world also

What a winner

Need republicans back in office and on all levels

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

Don't worry Repubs, you'll have someone new to whine about in 2 years. It's not like you guys are going to win any general elections any time soon. Just a bunch of babies. Obstruct and blame!!

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Worst Pres in American History
    Most hated person in world also

What a winner

Need republicans back in office and on all levels
    I didn't know about this guy that obama put in place as public school chief ... Kevin Jennings, what a sick puppy. This guy leads the public school system and contributes to push sex and pedophiles on children. Nambla, for those who haven't checked it out, need too, growing concerns for child safety. They think liking little boys is a sexual preference that shouldn't be frowned upon, ...can't make this shyt up..

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    I didn't know about this guy that obama put in place as public school chief ... Kevin Jennings, what a sick puppy. This guy leads the public school system and contributes to push sex and pedophiles on children. Nambla, for those who haven't checked it out, need too, growing concerns for child safety. They think liking little boys is a sexual preference that shouldn't be frowned upon, ...can't make this shyt up..
    Lmao!!! No he doesn't. Do you guys just believe anything you read on the Internet?

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Because people are racist. Uneducated morons not liking him is meaningless

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

We need more John political threads in the player's talk since with even a ball buster mod like Shari is too scared to saloon them they are really the last remaining free speech zone on SBR...

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    says the guy who lives in Texas.

Texas is the most fukked up state in the country. They are trying to give that dude life in prison for getting caught with weed brownies.
    While slapping murders on the wrist because they suffer from "affluenza"... http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/us/texas-affluenza-teen/

Only Opie could be proud to be from this backwards shithole...

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    Lmao!!! No he doesn't. Do you guys just believe anything you read on the Internet?
    Go do some research dude, shyts real... They already caught one dude back in the 90s for being the editor for nambla and was a science teacher in New York. They are teaching children about sex, go look it up.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

How could a nambla even exist?? I'm living in a penetrating twilight zone episode...

Next will be the ACLU telling me how funny abortion is...
    you can't make this shyt up

akphidelt

Go do some research dude, shyts real... They already caught one dude back in the 90s for being the editor for nambla and was a science teacher in New York. They are teaching children about sex, go look it up.
    He was never an editor for nambla nor has he ever been associated with nambla in any way. He said one comment 17 years ago about some gay rights activist about something that had nothing to do with nambla. Guilt by association is pretty much the only thing you have on him. Just very dishonest people you guys are.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8464

Obstruct and blame!!
    Obama's motto

brainfreeze
    Meaning

He was never an editor for nambla nor has he ever been associated with nambla in any way. He said one comment 17 years ago about some gay rights activist about something that had nothing to do with nambla. Guilt by association is pretty much the only thing you have on him. Just very dishonest people you guys are.
    i never said they caught him, I said a science teacher...
    but what's that old saying... Birds of the same feather ... Flock together

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Obama an utter failure

What if any positives can be taken from his disastrous reign?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8464

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Obama an utter failure

What if any positives can be taken from his disastrous reign?
    knowing it only has 2.5 years left I suppose. Other than that, he lifted the ban on stem cell research. That's pretty well it. Wasted 8 years.

Obama Nation

akphidelt

i never said they caught him, I said a science teacher...
    but what's that old saying... Birds of the same feather ... Flock together
    Ahhh yes, anyone who cares about the truth of this situation supports nambla now, lol.

What a joke conservatives are.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Ahhh yes, anyone who cares about the truth of this situation supports nambla now, lol.

What a joke conservatives are.
    What a joke you are, motherfukker.

Go make some more losing threads and them cry like a bitch when they lose.

"Can't cap an A/C going out."

What a dildo you are

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

akphidelt

What a joke you are, motherfukker.

Go make some more losing threads and them cry like a bitch when they lose.

"Can't cap an A/C going out."

What a dildo you are
    Looking for attention?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Looking for attention?
    Fool....I don't need attention. I've been around here awhile. People know who I am.

Now you...well...that dumbass thread from last week was the first we ever heard of ya.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

akphidelt

Fool....I don't need attention. I've been around here awhile. People know who I am.

Now you...well...that dumbass thread from last week was the first we ever heard of ya.
    You'll survive, take a deep breath.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I just don't see how anyone can support anything about these people. Funny abortions..?? Get off the kool-aide already.. I'm not going to say your nuts, very misguided you progressives are. I'm not a republican or dem. by the way, I'm a constitutionalist.

First ... 3456