RingoStarr
    RingoStarr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Which playoff-bound team could win the Super Bowl without its starting QB??

Or, which team would at least have the best chance of doing so, since I don't think any team could survive a deep run without its starting QB.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Bears might have better shot without their starter

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

None of them have a chance in hell

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Damn, really don't have an answer to this. Dallas may be in the best situation. It's crazy to look at all the backups in the league and realize none of them amount to shit. So hard to find a QB.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Isn't philly technically playing with a back up?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

probably is dallas, Orton is one of the better backups in the league, always good to have an experienced Veteran as a backup. Look at the Titans Locker goes down and they don't miss a beat.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Isn't philly technically playing with a back up?
    Seems like the NFC East has the best. Foles/Vick, Cousins and Orton.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Kansas City

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    and lets not forget Curtis Painter, his the reason Andrew Luck is the starting QB in Indy instead of Manning

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    and lets not forget Curtis Painter, his the reason Andrew Luck is the starting QB in Indy instead of Manning
    Colts owe that man money for being so bad. Purdue pumps out them QB's though.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Cutler/mckown and Rodgers/Flynn combo in north are pretty good. When your backup can throw 5tds in a game you have a good situation

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

green bay and the matt flynns

they are probably better with him though than aaron rodgers, brocken colarbone is bad, if they make the playoffs and he tries to come back before healing properly they have no chance, might as well stick it out with flynn

SportsMushroom

yeah like vick could actually win a superbowl

even when he was young and healthy that was a maybe, now he is too old and fragile so its a no way, i doubt he could even win a playoff game

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    yeah like vick could actually win a superbowl

even when he was young and healthy that was a maybe, now he is too old and fragile so its a no way, i doubt he could even win a playoff game
    I doubt any of these bum backup QB's could but gotta find someone.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Kansas City
    You're nuts

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

green bay and the matt flynns

they are probably better with him though than aaron rodgers, brocken colarbone is bad, if they make the playoffs and he tries to come back before healing properly they have no chance, might as well stick it out with flynn
    U drunk bro?

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    U drunk bro?

fractured collar bone! do you know what that means? he's done for the season, even if he somehow makes a miraculous recovery, he's gonna be nowhere near 100% and its the playoffs, if he tries to play he probably loses first game he plays, not to mention he might not even get to finish that game, he will be susceptible to injury and with bad protection he is bound to be injured again

so yeah, they should do the best they can, let their franchise qb heal properly for next season, and try to do it with flynn, as far as backup qbs go, hes one of the best
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 12-23-13 at 10:42 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

fractured collar bone! do you know what that means? he's done for the season, even if he somehow makes a miraculous recovery, he's gonna be nowhere near 100% and its the playoffs, if he tries to play he probably loses first game he plays, not to mention he might not even get to finish that game, he will be susceptible to injury and with bad protection he is bound to be injured again

so yeah, they should do the best they can, let their franchise qb heal properly for next season, and try to do it with flynn, as far as backup qbs go, hes one of the best
    That's the part I was talking about. Ur drunk bro.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Panthers by a landslide

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

The Seahawks and 49ers both could absolutely 100% win it all without their qb's.
    they both suck and if either were to get hurt, you may even catch an upgrade out of the injury.

Russell Wilson- currently THE most overrated Qb in the NFL now that all the jerkoffs have realized how garbage ELI is and always was.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Panthers by a landslide
    Interesting, I think Anderson is alright but career 53% completion rate and more INT's than TD's. They do have a complete team though which I assume is why you picked them.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    The Seahawks and 49ers both could absolutely 100% win it all without their qb's.
    they both suck and if either were to get hurt, you may even catch an upgrade out of the injury.

Russell Wilson- currently THE most overrated Qb in the NFL now that all the jerkoffs have realized how garbage ELI is and always was.
    Would be nice to see what McCoy can do now that he got a few years to watch the game and learn. He got thrown in there right away in Cleveland so he may surprise some people if he ever had the shot. And Wilsion is a bum.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Ryan Mallett for the New England Patriots. Here are my reasons:

-Patriots have shown they can win without Brady in the past. This team won't get rattled.
    -Patriots likely have a bye week, so fewer games that Mallett has to win.
    -Patriots have at least one home game, a big factor when using a 2nd string QB.
    -There's negligible game tape on Mallett, Pats will have a surprise element advantage.
    -Mallett has been learning behind Brady for 3 years, he knows the playbook inside out by now.
    -Belichick was with the 1990 Giants, who were the last team to win a Super Bowl with a backup QB.
    -Patriots have a decent run game and solid veteran o-line to provide support to the QB.
    -Pats have the best D in a weak AFC, probably don't even need Brady to slide into the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by slacker00; 12-24-13 at 05:22 AM.

Cuse0323

You had me until saying the Pays are the best D in the AFC, slacker. Nice list though, I do like Mallett's potential.

slacker00

You had me until saying the Pays are the best D in the AFC, slacker. Nice list though, I do like Mallett's potential.
    Yeah, I guess I'll concede your point about Pats D. KC is better and maybe Cincy. DEN is far worse, though.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Been done before with Giants and Hostetler! Seahags and Niners probably the only teams built for it because they have great defenses and a running attack. Just need a gm manager like a Dilfer or Alex Smith type that won't kill you with bonehead mistakes and you are good!

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Yeah, I guess I'll concede your point about Pats D. KC is better and maybe Cincy. DEN is far worse, though.
    Yeah Denver's D is definitely not so great. I really love Cincy though, they would be my pick out of the AFC right now. Gonna be some exciting playoff games this year.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by RingoStarr View Post
    Or, which team would at least have the best chance of doing so, since I don't think any team could survive a deep run without its starting QB.
    You could say Cowboys bc kyle orton is the best back up in the league.

hmm maybe Seattle or San Fran

slacker00

Yeah Denver's D is definitely not so great. I really love Cincy though, they would be my pick out of the AFC right now. Gonna be some exciting playoff games this year.
    I can't see Dalton delivering two playoff road wins. Maybe a home win and then swindle a napping bye team at best.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I can't see Dalton delivering two playoff road wins. Maybe a home win and then swindle a napping bye team at best.
    I hear ya. Cincy doesn't lose at home it seems but can the ginger go on the road and win in the playoffs. This is his chance to prove his worth. I think he has it in em if he just lets his defense do the work, run the ball and throw it to AJ. Lots of weapons on the team.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    You could say Cowboys bc kyle orton is the best back up in the league.

hmm maybe Seattle or San Fran
    The bad thing about Orton is that the playoffs start this week for him. He needs to win 5 straight games. Not only that, he's gotta make up for one of the shakiest defenses in the NFL. It's likely he'll have to hang 30+ points just to have a chance and he's has never been much more than a game manager at best anyway.

I'd rather go with someone like Matt Moore and Miami. Moore isn't a huge drop off from Tannehill and Miami's D is capable of holding any team to 20 points, allowing even the most modest QB output a chance to win any game.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Cowgirls don't have a defense or a smart enough hc, KC can't beat good teams in reg season and unless they are playing Jeff Tuel, Fitzpatrick etc that defense is not great. Look at the #'s vs Peyton, Rivers, Luck vs the rest of the field they have faced it's night and day all padded stats. Gonna add Zona to my list and possibly a dark horse in Philly. So Seattle, Frisco, Zona, Philly in that order for me. In order to pull this off you have to get some offense at least with a good/great rb and a couple playmakers ,bring a defense that's gonna pack a lunch and smack the other team around for 60 min,control line scrimmage on both sides and probably even throw in a big play on special teams. Mentioned the Hos already but Brady won his first as a reliever as well! Anyone think of another?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Next ? Lol... Are we talking the backup on current rosters? Or are we just being hypothetical here and wondering which team could pull it off with a "decent" Dilfer esque type guy if their #1 went down? To be honest I don't even know who holds the clipboard on most these squads haha.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Next ? Lol... Are we talking the backup on current rosters? Or are we just being hypothetical here and wondering which team could pull it off with a "decent" Dilfer esque type guy if their #1 went down? To be honest I don't even know who holds the clipboard on most these squads haha.
    Yeah just a hypothetical, it's a fun question to think about. Never really gonna have an answer but an interesting question.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

bengals definitely, knowing dalton he will probably throw 3ints as they get a first round bounce for christmas

12 Last