Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

If Aaron Rodgerss Doesn't Play Next Week He Will Always Be Known As A Chicken

Huge game next week. If he sits out, his legacy is shattered

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

they are thinking long term. the guy is the best quarterback in the league with lots of playoff appearances in the future. That being said he'll probably play

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

risk a career ending injury vs sucrifice one season to get healthy? hmmm

yeah some people might call that being brave, i call that not being very bright

Seaweed
    Update your status

Favre would play 100 percent.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Favre would play 100 percent.

thank you for making my point, stupid

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

whats the line with/without him next week?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

He's not calling the shots...the organization is....but then again the planet you live on has different colors and oxygen levels
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DrStale

Seaweed
    Update your status

Favre has the drive and toughness that Wisconsin people loved. They don't want a pretty boy. Season is on the line, this Is why you went to camp. Division game. Do or die. You play.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

OP is just being stupid. The Packers won't risk the health of one of the greatest QB's ever if he is still injured badly. It's not even up to Rodgers.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    OP is just being stupid. The Packers won't risk the health of one of the greatest QB's ever if he is still injured badly. It's not even up to Rodgers.
    He is not still injured badly. That's the thing.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Weeder, how long would it take you to strap on the pads and get back on the field?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Weeder, how long would it take you to strap on the pads and get back on the field?
    not that long...assuming that he only needs knee and elbow pads to get on all 4s

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It's not his call....End thread

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    I would give my life to get in there if I had money on the spread

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Remember how everyone was riding Cutler for staying out of the NFC champ game? I could see that happening for this one for ARod.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    not that long...assuming that he only needs knee and elbow pads to get on all 4s

Hot

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

They can beat chicago without him

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hope he stays out.. my Keeper for next year's league

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

When the fukk did a broken collarbone become a career threatening injury? Get ur arse on the field.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

It's not up to him, st.fu clueless idiot...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    They can beat chicago without him
    Maybe, but what if they don't. Clay Matthews and Eddie Lacy probably out too. Gotta hurt. They couldn't beat Chicago at home. Now on the road. I dunno. They're outmanned these days.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not Rodgers call. Him and the coach were begging for him to be cleared so he could come back this week.

It's fukking retarded to keep him out. Injury has zero to do with his career. If he does reinjur, it has zero impact on his career.

If he goes in, gets hurt, and they lose - he has a shit load long time to heal.
    If he doesn't go in and they lose, nothing is gained - everything is lost.
    If he goes in, gets hurt, and they win - at least they still have the playoffs.
    If he doesn't go in and they win - they'll have him for the playoffs.

There is absolutely no reason to sit him next week. There was zero reason to sit him this week. I mean, he took away a shit ton of reps from Flynn with the 1st unit preparing to come in this week. It's retarded, and I'd fire the doctor and get another agreeable opinion.

The injury has nothing that endangers his career long term. Zero.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

have YOU ever broken your collarbone?

I have... I "shattered" mine

Your answer is No?

Then in all honesty, STFU

the only thing he would risk is SHATTERING his collarbone even worse and jeopardizing his career, not just 1 season

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

Rodgers is an NFL QB.

He is worth 100x any poster stfu dumby

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

It took me almost 12 weeks to return to work from a badly broken collarbone in 2010 and I followed every directive, advice and tips from doctors, research on recovery and rehab + what foods to eat, what drinks to avoid to make sure the bone healed as strongly as possible. Not overdoing the oxycodone... etc

I followed everything to a T including the rehab exercises to build back up the STRENGTH and still, almost took 3 months

I was just going back to a regular job, Rodgers is returning to the field to play NFL QB and needs to have his strength to make every type of throw in the playbook correctly and with enough zip and range of motion with his shoulder as before the injury

just saying... I've been through it and I understand his situation. sounds like he wants to play too but it's not his call

Packers organization is too smart to take the risk vs reward when the NFC is loaded with awesome teams

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    It took me almost 12 weeks to return to work from a badly broken collarbone in 2010 and I followed every directive, advice and tips from doctors, research on recovery and rehab + what foods to eat, what drinks to avoid to make sure the bone healed as strongly as possible. Not overdoing the oxycodone... etc

I followed everything to a T including the rehab exercises to build back up the STRENGTH and still, almost took 3 months

I was just going back to a regular job, Rodgers is returning to the field to play NFL QB and needs to have his strength to make every type of throw in the playbook correctly and with enough zip and range of motion with his shoulder as before the injury

just saying... I've been through it and I understand his situation. sounds like he wants to play too but it's not his call

Packers organization is too smart to take the risk vs reward when the NFC is loaded with awesome teams
    You probably also weren't likely to fall on it. If it's not healed and he falls on it, it will break. Of course, even then maybe he'd be ready for next season, I guess I can see that point, but I really don;t know what the worst-case is. Could it jeopardize his career if broken again now?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

A quote from Rodgers said that the worst thing that could happen if he reinjures it, would be displacement - which would require at most 5 months of rehab.

I think it is worth the risk, every time.

It's not his throwing shoulder, so it's not like he needs it 100% healed to be an effective QB. The only reason its taking so long, is because it is possible to fall on it, or get hit at the fracture point and reinjure it.

There is zero career implications with this now, or if he displaces it.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    You probably also weren't likely to fall on it. If it's not healed and he falls on it, it will break. Of course, even then maybe he'd be ready for next season, I guess I can see that point, but I really don;t know what the worst-case is. Could it jeopardize his career if broken again now?
    Name:  collarbone.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  19.8 KB

Seaweed
    Update your status

Favre did not get his streak of consecutive games by listening to doctors. Winners play with injuries.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Favre did not get his streak of consecutive games by listening to doctors. Winners play with injuries.
    nobody cares about his streak, they care that he only won 1 Super Bowl and choked trying to get back to the SB vs the Giants and then the Saints

and that he threw the most INTs in the history of the sport... maybe he should have taken a few of those games off when he was not even close to 100%

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

ask favre now if he regrets it

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    nobody cares about his streak, they care that he only won 1 Super Bowl and choked trying to get back to the SB vs the Giants and then the Saints

and that he threw the most INTs in the history of the sport... maybe he should have taken a few of those games off when he was not even close to 100%
    He threw those INTs because he had balls to make throws others were too afraid to make. Many of them turned out to be breath-taking completions. He was a risk taker and went after it always. Kept coming back for more when he was down because despite his injuries, he is paid to leave it all out on the field every sunday if he can walk. Rodgers needs to DEMAND to play.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

He threw those INTs because he had balls to make throws others were too afraid to make. Many of them turned out to be breath-taking completions. He was a risk taker and went after it always. Kept coming back for more when he was down because despite his injuries, he is paid to leave it all out on the field every sunday if he can walk. Rodgers needs to DEMAND to play.
    Yeah the INT record is not talking of his career... it just speaks to his style of play + playing so many damn games and refusing to retire

Favre... all I ever recall is him beating SF Niner teams and a weird Drew fn Bledsoe Patriot team

First guy to lose to Elway in SB

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

It's a different era and things have changed regarding playing when injured. A player can't beg on to the field with very little medical observation like they did in the past. I don't believe that Favre would have been able to accumulate his streak in the present era. As a matter of fact he has already admitted to serious memory loss issues. The Packers are the epitome of a big picture franchise, and if it's in the best interest of the organization Rodgers wil play.
    Last edited by Chili_Powder; 12-23-13 at 03:51 AM.

12 Last