t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Manning's TD Pass record one of the most meaningless records ever

We are in the passing game era. Even shitty quarterbacks throw for 4000 yards these days.

This record is so meaningless. I was impressed the first time he broke it but this time around not at all. Besides, most of the passes the receivers did all the work.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Tell'em sizzle! Dude can't even throw in the damn wind...

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

No doubt Wizzle and like Brady's time with the record Manning won't have it for 5 min lol. They got nothing on Danny who held it ov 2 decades!

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

stfu lakerboy.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    No doubt Wizzle and like Brady's time with the record Manning won't have it for 5 min lol. They got nothing on Danny who held it ov 2 decades!

Marino's record stood for 20 years. It's been broken 3 times in the last 9 years. Just no significance to it anymore.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

When you have bums like Matt Stafford throw for 5,000 yards the passing stats are meaningless.

Comparing Dan Marinos stats to these guys from today is garbage. A 300 yard passer today doesn't even say that much.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Well combine that with the fact as a defender you cannot touch the receivers or qb's hardly in todays gm. The new passing records are probably even more irrelevant than Bonds hr records.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11837

Not saying peyton isn't a great QB, but he fkin stays in games all the time to pad his stats and run up the score.

C-Gold

Mike Vicks QB rushing stats are the most meaningless record ever.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
    Not saying peyton isn't a great QB, but he fkin stays in games all the time to pad his stats and run up the score.
    He spent most of his career playing behind shitty Tony Dungy defenses.

Remember the Pats big come back?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

sweet, still a record.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

youre welcome for the thread idea lol

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

I always thought most of Rice's records would hold up for a very long while at least as well but not so much any more. NOBODY had Jerry's work ethic, he had 3 amazing qb's his whole career, played nearly 2 decades and enjoyed great health for most part except for the knee that one year. Now you got guys with bums like fat faced Stafford throwing them the rock and going crazy with #'s it's insane. Always felt bad for my boy T Brown tho he retired 2nd to Rice in nearly everything with mostly bums and decent journeyman throwing to him. And still waiting on his hall induction?!? Wtf

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Shit u used to pay a price to go over the middle, now the most work wr does is getting up crying for a flag...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: R.P. McMurphy, and Jago2008

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

how many qbs have passed for 50 or more tds in the 93 years of nfl?

lakerboy=dumbfuk

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

C'mon the guy deserves credit.

He first gave praise to his team before mentioning anything else in the post-game press conference, Manning is a stand-up guy, his success is well deserved. He makes players around him better, only a few QB's in the league you can say that abt.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

That's the whole point crusty you dumb fukking troll lol!! Two have gone ov 50 and it just happening now in todays hands off , pussy era of football.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    C'mon the guy deserves credit.

He first to gave praise to his team before mentioning anything else in the post-game press conference, Manning is a stand-up guy, his success is well deserved. He makes players around him better, only a few QB's in the league you can say that abt.
    That interview was awkward as fuk and was completely canned

If you think he was being candid I got a bridge I wanna sell you. If you wanna say he's the consummate pro and doesn't put his foot in his mouth then fine.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

No doubt Jago there is nobody here questioning Mannings talent, leadership, or character. It's about the rules and new era of nfl we see now that gives the qb and his target every advantage possible to succeed.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Better than Brady having the record.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    That interview was awkward as fuk and was completely canned

If you think he was being candid I got a bridge I wanna sell you. If you wanna say he's the consummate pro and doesn't put his foot in his mouth then fine.
    How much are you charging for the bridge?!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    How much are you charging for the bridge?!
    One million dollars gueye

But let's be serious here did you expect him to say he's the greatest ever? Lol

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

No doubt Jago there is nobody here questioning Mannings talent, leadership, or character. It's about the rules and new era of nfl we see now that gives the qb and his target every advantage possible to succeed.
    Well said, It was funny, he said "It's a great record, but Brady will probably break it next year..." lol.

I completely agree about it being a passing league, especially with penalties. BUT you're still going up against elite athletes and the guy sometimes makes it look so easy. He will probably throw 55 TDs this year, that's pretty ridiculous.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got a lot of Manning haters and Brady cokk suckers on SBR. You guys are never satisfied with what Manning does. Eli must be better because of the Super Bowl wins right? fukking clowns lol

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

That's the whole point crusty you dumb fukking troll lol!! Two have gone ov 50 and it just happening now in todays hands off , pussy era of football.

if this were the "pussy era," everyone would be doing it, you stupid fvcking retard. yet peyton is the only one with over 34 tds in the entire league.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    One million dollars gueye

But let's be serious here did you expect him to say he's the greatest ever? Lol
    Lol, yeah it's a difficult situation, I think there are so many QBs that look at a guy like Manning - someone who routinely "gets calls" but I'm completely bias as I had this schmuck on my fantasy team this year. He also has a great receiving corp, and two legit RBs now, Stats of old do not relate to this new passing oriented league.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

how great was the broncos receiving corp before manning?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Mannings forehead radius is an unbreakable record
    Points Awarded:

Jago2008 gave daneblazer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

this dumbfuk probably thinks the year roger maris hit 61 hrs was the steroids era.

lol

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

then go RIP on Brees

the Broncos RUN THE BALL when the conditions or the way the other team is playing them on defense DARES THEM too

don't you remember the Broncos - Pats game?

Peyton doesn't give a shit if his RB is the one scores the TD... he just uses whatever play call at the line of scrimmage is the right one after reading the defense

don't be mad that the Broncos put so many toys around the greatest QB of this era, something the Colts were too stupid too ever do... that we finally see some of his finest work out on the field

remember... Manning broke it with 49 BACK IN 2004... when flags were not as common as now at all. Pats defenders were allowed to rape WR's TE's and RB's and get away with a shit ton of it when they played teams like the Colts and the Rams in the Super Bowl

Manning broke it with Marvin, but Wayne was only in his 3rd year and not nearly as smart or polished... and a white but slow slot Stokely and Dallas Clark was a 2nd year TE who wasn't even the #1 TE

Manning 2004 season > Brady 2007 and Manning 2013

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    Got a lot of Manning haters and Brady cokk suckers on SBR. You guys are never satisfied with what Manning does. Eli must be better because of the Super Bowl wins right? fukking clowns lol

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

He passed a football to a receiver, lets all bow down and suck his cok

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Brady best ever

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think that yardage records today are def meaningless. The td record not as much. It's a different game today . all the rule changes have made the tackling in the nfl horrible.

PromiseLand
    PromiseLand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

You're not impressed after a 37 year old guy comes back from potentially career ending neck surgery to break the single season passing TD record? Damn, you guys are hard to please!

12 Last