ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    I said last year not this year. I'm not crying foul and like I said I didn't watch this game.

In mid may last year for Barnaky games Home teams were 8-27 ATS and home favorites between 5-9.5 were 0-9 ATS. I never looked at it again but, like I said noticed he was on the game tonight.
    I know what you said. I was just pointing out that he is off to a somewhat similar start this year too.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

ref a bits suspicious. but doubt gs was in on anything currys had t.o issues this year and when he hit that big 3 to tie it you felt like gs were going to win it in ot

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by lunch View Post
    What I don't understand is why GSW parked their ass on the 3 point line all night. San Antonio can match any team doing that, 4/5 of their players on court any time can rain 3s

State let Boris, tiago and Khawi bury them inside. That's inexcusable and really shows their true colors.

Both teams are very well coached and both teams played their asses off, the Spurs are just better top to bottom.
    Are you kidding me ? Mark Jackson is bumbling idiot compared to Pop and the Warriors did not start to play hard until the 4Q when it was too late: Belinelli caught fire and the refs were rigging the game. Yeah, this is the first time that I am going to side with the conspiracy theory. That game was fixed. Maybe it was fixed for the over not SAS to win, but it was surely fixed.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11885

Quote Originally Posted by lunch View Post
    One NBA ref has been charged with fixing NBA games. Infact he was only charged with betting on the games. There was no proof he fixed anything in game
    What kind of proof do you need?

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Last edited by Luckycharms2012; 12-20-13 at 11:36 AM.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Didn't have money on the game but i watched it. I don't think it was rigged just bad officiating. If Golden State didn't have so many turnovers they would have won the game. From a betting point of view i remember last year or the year before the Spurs sat all their starters against the Heat and i can't remember who won but i remember the Spurs gave the Heat all they could handle with just their bench guys, that's why i decided not to bet. Spurs are a system team, they have players that perform certain roles within the system, they don't need star players to win games in the regular season.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Nba is a rigged league. I don't see what's new here. It happens all the time.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

i love how guys always go to the bad officiated game lmfao. Why are all these games officiated so badly but the bad officiating favors the books 99 percent of the times? It is the easiest way to steal money from people since the stock market was created.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

well from now on, why not bet the dogs in this situation and we'll all profit?

if you think nba is rigged in these prime time games just bet the dogs.

but you won't, since you're not fully bought into the games being rigged...

one really odd thing, previously mentioned, was the offensive goal tending not even being reviewed in such crucial time. i mean c'mon man, wtf?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsMushroom

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Part of game

Mega millionaires don't fix games to win $500

Lol... Mentality of some guys on the 6th grade level
    And if u are wrong which i would stake my life on, than how much of an idiot do u look like?

smittyallsports
    smittyallsports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6929

There were some questionable calls to say the least. However, this outcome is not out of the realm of possibility in my opinion. Considering the way the spurs played at miami without the big 3 last year (even though the spurs are 4-9 or something playing minus the big 3), I could certainly see leonard and green and the rest of the remaining spurs behind the tutelage of pop winning at GS. I dont think a fix was needed. This is a seasoned team with great leadership and poise. GS is greatly flawed. Betting GS was as square as square can get in my humble opinion of course.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    well from now on, why not bet the dogs in this situation and we'll all profit?

if you think nba is rigged in these prime time games just bet the dogs.

but you won't, since you're not fully bought into the games being rigged...

one really odd thing, previously mentioned, was the offensive goal tending not even being reviewed in such crucial time. i mean c'mon man, wtf?
    I think it is all hilarious. The NBA is my most profitable sport and done with the least amount of work on my part. If it is rigged (laughable for the most part) then just figure out the games that the NBA wants to rig and bet that way. I am not going to say that sometimes refs don't make 'make up calls' or that they won't take it easier on the team that is behind (naturally that happens to all refs, umpires and officials to a degree), but to think the game is fixed is.....hilarious.

Think about it this way.....as a ref making $400k a year, traveling, being on tv.....would you fix a game? Everyone that asked you about it you would think it was an NBA plant, you would be looking over your shoulder all the time, worried, wondering....all the time about to blow one of the best jobs around? Your dream job.....do you not think that they screen people? Like I said.....just think about what you would do....I sure as hell would be as straight as possible.

​D2D

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Try and spot NBA games that aren't rigged. That's the real challenge.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I think it is all hilarious. The NBA is my most profitable sport and done with the least amount of work on my part. If it is rigged (laughable for the most part) then just figure out the games that the NBA wants to rig and bet that way. I am not going to say that sometimes refs don't make 'make up calls' or that they won't take it easier on the team that is behind (naturally that happens to all refs, umpires and officials to a degree), but to think the game is fixed is.....hilarious.

Think about it this way.....as a ref making $400k a year, traveling, being on tv.....would you fix a game? Everyone that asked you about it you would think it was an NBA plant, you would be looking over your shoulder all the time, worried, wondering....all the time about to blow one of the best jobs around? Your dream job.....do you not think that they screen people? Like I said.....just think about what you would do....I sure as hell would be as straight as possible.

​D2D
    i know you weren't born yesterday so let me remind you...

GHENGHIS KAHN

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Try and spot NBA games that aren't rigged. That's the real challenge.
    It is because of the swings that the NBA gets accused of this. I do not have a team, so no skin in the game here.....and I do not see what you are all talking about....I really don't. Does a ref make a bad call here or there? Hell yes...duh, but to say the games are fixed is pure idiocy.

yysmer
    yysmer's Avatar Become A Pro!

​D2D
    Not saying you are wrong, but you surely are not intelligent enough. If you can't understand fix, think it this way: what if the employers of the refs ask them to fix? What if their job is not only to officiate on a regular basis but also to fix certain games so the employers (NBA) and Vegas who they have connection with can have some extra cash every now and then? Not saying this is definitely the case, just giving an example on how fix can work. We all know that the NBA is all about business, so what's so hard for your tiny brain to understand?

yysmer
    yysmer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Btw, I'm not complaining for the fix cos I was on spurs +7 sorely based on the fact that big 3 would be out. Maybe a little GS revenge angle as we'll.

amolg24
    amolg24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3317

Part of game

LOL thats an ignorant mentality....I'm certain there are people out there with more than $500 on these games...lol

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

most games aren't fixed (i say 99%) but to say that none of the games are fixed with certainty, you are a fukking moron.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Not going to give a diatribe or get into a debate on this. People are going to see the game through their own lenses.

So I'll just say this. "Fixed" is strong language. It is not my contention that players are on the take or that absolute outcomes are predetermined. But if you watch through keen eyes, you will see that certain games are subtly manipulated by refs to drive toward outcomes. Might be to stop a run...might be to put a team in the penalty early. But I have no doubt that there are still many shady characters involved.

Like I said re:Barnaky. My friend and I went to a Warriors game last year and for the entire game we just watched him. Lets just say it wasn't hard to see. Culminated in "you suck ref" chants.

It's not necessarily to pad pockets of the individual. Remember this is an entertainment first business.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Remember this is an entertainment first business.
    exactly
    refs kept that bulls game close with tons of fouls and it really shouldn't have been
    half the thunder team was in foul trouble
    did it for tv, something many posters knew and are familiar with

other game i was on spurs and come on, it was totally rigged. bonus w/ 8:30 remaining?

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

why so many posts ranting about a sport that is ubiquitously known for being fixed.

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Part of game

This is the part some will never understand. The NBA as it is - is a cash cow. The implications are the lose of Billions of dollars in revenue and not even considering the Litigation aspects of rigging games. It only takes one person to blow the whistle and it would take absolutely everyone on the court and in the NBA to pull it off...all to win a bet? And how in the hell could they make a bet? Bookies are always on the look out for shady action, so any large bets in a concentrated area would be closely examined and investigated. Are the books in on it? So a large book in Europe would be OK with losing money on a bet because a book in the USA is rigging a game? Or is every sports book in the world in on it? The logistics of rigging NBA games is so large its essentially impossible.

However, that doesn't negate the aspect of individual bias which one or more refs can wield on a game and outcome...but doesn't necessarily mean they are rigging the game...it could be just to create an exciting outcome, or something along those lines.

It all just a fairy tale. On the same level as 911 being planned and instigated by Pres. Bush

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

As to the title of this thread:

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by yysmer View Post
    Not saying you are wrong, but you surely are not intelligent enough. If you can't understand fix, think it this way: what if the employers of the refs ask them to fix? What if their job is not only to officiate on a regular basis but also to fix certain games so the employers (NBA) and Vegas who they have connection with can have some extra cash every now and then? Not saying this is definitely the case, just giving an example on how fix can work. We all know that the NBA is all about business, so what's so hard for your tiny brain to understand?
    'I am surely not intelligent enough'

The fact that NOT ONE referee, retired or otherwise has EVER come out and said that the NBA asked them to fix games. NEVER.

I am not the most ethical guy in the world, in fact I have spent a night in jail, I have a criminal record.....and if I was to go back in time I would have done it all over. Would I do it now? Nope...learned my lesson. Getting caught with 22 pounds of weed was enough to set me straight.....BUT, if an employer asked me to fix a game I would not do it.

The fact that there are hundreds of ex-NBA refs out there in the world and not one has come forward, written a book, etc. is a clear indication that does not happen.

NOW, does a ref sometimes act on his own in a small way like tatddy mentioned? A small call to stop a run, a weak foul here or there, sure....I am not stupid, the home team in every sport ever has usually had the better of things, and that's one of the reasons that home teams dominate. Do the refs want to be involved in great finishes? I am sure they do, and I am sure their subconscious helps them make those happen.

But do I believe that the NBA goes to refs and says 'we want the Spurs to win tonight' or 'it would be nice if the Knicks won this playoff series'.....well, you have to be a raving idiot.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

'I am surely not intelligent enough'

The fact that NOT ONE referee, retired or otherwise has EVER come out and said that the NBA asked them to fix games. NEVER.

I am not the most ethical guy in the world, in fact I have spent a night in jail, I have a criminal record.....and if I was to go back in time I would have done it all over. Would I do it now? Nope...learned my lesson. Getting caught with 22 pounds of weed was enough to set me straight.....BUT, if an employer asked me to fix a game I would not do it.

The fact that there are hundreds of ex-NBA refs out there in the world and not one has come forward, written a book, etc. is a clear indication that does not happen.

NOW, does a ref sometimes act on his own in a small way like tatddy mentioned? A small call to stop a run, a weak foul here or there, sure....I am not stupid, the home team in every sport ever has usually had the better of things, and that's one of the reasons that home teams dominate. Do the refs want to be involved in great finishes? I am sure they do, and I am sure their subconscious helps them make those happen.

But do I believe that the NBA goes to refs and says 'we want the Spurs to win tonight' or 'it would be nice if the Knicks won this playoff series'.....well, you have to be a raving idiot.
    PAC-12 tournament last year, with a long time NBA official which was PAC-12 head of officiating at the time kinda paints a different picture.

Granted, it was big time college ball and not the NBA. But, the guy most likely carried over his practice from his lifetime of NBA officiating.

Every sport has been rigged at one point, and every sport will be rigged again at some point.

The incentive and odds are just too great.

However, the rigged storyline is painfully overused. Even by myself.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

NBA gambling Rule number 3080.....if Popovich sits the big three....bet the Spurs....they almost beat Miami in Miami last year...u knew it was coming....

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

omg shut up

you lost

get over it

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    omg shut up

you lost

get over it

tatddy

Not going to give a diatribe or get into a debate on this. People are going to see the game through their own lenses.

So I'll just say this. "Fixed" is strong language. It is not my contention that players are on the take or that absolute outcomes are predetermined. But if you watch through keen eyes, you will see that certain games are subtly manipulated by refs to drive toward outcomes. Might be to stop a run...might be to put a team in the penalty early. But I have no doubt that there are still many shady characters involved.

Like I said re:Barnaky. My friend and I went to a Warriors game last year and for the entire game we just watched him. Lets just say it wasn't hard to see. Culminated in "you suck ref" chants.

It's not necessarily to pad pockets of the individual. Remember this is an entertainment first business.
    Forgot to add that the Warriors 24 turnovers and lazy play is why they lost not cause of any officiating.

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

Looking at the game, I would say a combination of Refs and GS players were on it. Everytime they got close, there was a silly turnover. Curry not passing on a 3 vs 1 then failing to make lay up. Numerous inexplicable turnovers, Curry, Bazemore forget the other 2nd year player. It was like throwing the game away.

This is how i knew game was fixed. When game was tied with less than 2 minutes or so, Bet365 which has real time live lines still had Spurs favored by 1.5 points. In any other instance the home team would probably be favored especially given GS had come back from 7 points down.

You have a lot of people here with counter arguments as to why games are not fixed. The biggest gambling market is the Stock Exchange yet the CEO of the NYSE recently said the retail investor has no chance. Trillions of dollars of stock are traded everyday, market is rigged, yet people believe NBA cannot be fixed.

Just be careful. A good number of the posters refusing to say the obvious are probably working for the books. Obviously they have to make you doubt that its fixed, otherwise the business model crumbles. For the record, GS was in the penalty at exactly the 9.44 min mark, thats 2 mins and 16 seconds into the 4th quarter

tatddy

If you think that Warriors players were "in on a fix" yesterday than, I'm sorry, but you're clueless.

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

You are the one who is clueless. Do you live with them, are they your friends. What makes you feel so confident that none of the players may be involved. Which book do you work for. To any logical person, its pretty clear. I personally will never bet a single NBA game again. Hate things with no rhyme or reason.

24 turnovers, being in the penalty after 2 min 16s of 4 th quarter and all you can come up with is I am clueless. You sound like an idiot

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

If you think that Warriors players were "in on a fix" yesterday than, I'm sorry, but you're clueless.
    Honestly Tatter, I think we are wasting our time even responding in this thread. People just want to come up with reasons that hey cannot beat their book....

Those people must think everything in their life is fixed because all they ever get is -EV

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

saw the same thing last year when pops benched his guys against miami.
    LOL @ the people who don't think this shit is rigged.

First 123 Last