yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Kobe Out for 6 Weeks

Los Angeles Lakers@Lakers now Injury Update: Kobe Bryant has a fracture of the lateral tibial plateau in his left knee. He is expected to miss 6 weeks.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

It's hell to get old.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    It's hell to get old.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

He's done.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just read this too Yisman.

Kobe's swan song.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Ouch

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lakers got suckered into that contract

Guy is done

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lakers got suckered into that contract

Guy is done

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Nobody beats father time.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

What a scrub! And what great news for the head coach and every laker player now. In related news, Steve Blake is heeling up faster than expected
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratzz

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

The amount of money he brings in to the Lakers with jersey sales and ticket sales eclipses the $48 million they’ve committed to him over the next two years.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/nba-...act-extension/

This doesn't include how much of the Lakers increased net worth over the last 20 years is due to Koby.

and I hate him
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RyanLeafOfBets

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Kobe Out 6 Weeks

Yup, some sort of fracture in his knee. Hang em up, Kobe. You're breaking down.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

^^ Good post.

The Lakers TV contract too with TWC sports extends over 20 years and is valued at $$3,000,000,000-4. That's just w/ Time Warner, you also have to incorporate year in rights fees, who knows what else...

48 Million is a drop in the bucket, I hate to say this, but Kobe earned this money.

Philly-Pride33
    Philly-Pride33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Yisman and Giant, hope you both are doing great! Sammy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He did earn it

I am not stupid

Though as a player he is done

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

father time still undefeated...

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He did earn it

I am not stupid

Though as a player he is done
    Oh I wasn't implying you were stupid JJ , I also agree as a player he's done.

This reminds of a similar situation to a player I greatly admired in Ladainian Tomlinson when he was reaching his end with SD.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

If Kobe has earned it, then let someone who IS playing wear his jersey on the Lakers team. I call bs, if you are paying for present or future production. He was paid handsomely for what he did in the past. The 48 million is good for Kobe and Kobe only, not for the Lakers one bit.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL.. WHAT A CLOWN...

he is just doing that to get out of the X-MAS day matchup vs. Lebron

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    LOL.. WHAT A CLOWN...

I really don't know what to say.......speechless......let me have a beer first....i'll be back later...

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    The amount of money he brings in to the Lakers with jersey sales and ticket sales eclipses the $48 million they’ve committed to him over the next two years.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/nba-...act-extension/

This doesn't include how much of the Lakers increased net worth over the last 20 years is due to Koby.

and I hate him
    That means something to the owner(s) but doesn't mean jack shit to the fans, all it does is handicap their payroll going forward.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    If Kobe has earned it, then let someone who IS playing wear his jersey on the Lakers team. I call bs, if you are paying for present or future production. He was paid handsomely for what he did in the past. The 48 million is good for Kobe and Kobe only, not for the Lakers one bit.
    Point taken, but do you think the Lakers were going to let Kobe walk? They wanted him to retire as a Laker, and have fans watch him hobble around the court like he is currently doing. Funny I thought this Laker team was really starting to build some chemistry with the likes of Blake, Young, and Henry @ PG, SG, SF, when Kobe came back it kind of threw everything off noticeably.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Kobe ain't done yet, he's not going out like this.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13521

LOL.. WHAT A CLOWN...

Or LA perfect excuss to tank season??

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    I really don't know what to say.......speechless......let me have a beer first....i'll be back later...
    lol...

Ratzz

personally i am really bummed out.. i was really enjoying this.. i was quite looking forward to XMAS day vs. Lebron...

now it will be boring game.. Heat and LBJ little to play for

oh well.. **

Menses

personally i am really bummed out.. i was really enjoying this.. i was quite looking forward to XMAS day vs. Lebron...

now it will be boring game.. Heat and LBJ little to play for

oh well.. **
    You know what....I am not happy about it either...the Lakers are far more entertaining when Kobe is on the court to shoot them out of games with ill advised bricks...What a treat it was to watch them loose game after game after he returned destroying the whole chemistry of the team in just a few short days....now that he is gone...the team is likely going ..playing team ball again....and the chemistry will improve...Christ...they might even make a run at the 8 spot.........oh fiddlesticks...this just sucks..lamoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Menses

LOL.. WHAT A CLOWN...

I realize he has a real injury which was the Achillees....but do you think this latest injury is more about him not being ready to come back and less about the actual new injury that has occurred....? Every time Kobe starts to get embarrassed on the court...he comes down with a injury which usually provides the perfect scapegoat....

They tried the Pau Gasol excuse but Gasol started playing well....so in comes the injury. I mean he did come back into the game after he hyper extended his knee 2 nights ago in Memphis...Kobe said it was nothing and that he would be fine....he even hit the game deciding 3 pointer that night....after this supposed injury...now all of a sudden he's gone for 6 weeks?

Is this really about the knee...or is this about him still needing time to find his bearings....and not look any more foolish than he already does on the court? Miami would have put some kind of beating on him next week if he were playing...What was Kobe going to do? Guard Lebron?

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    ^^ Good post.

The Lakers TV contract too with TWC sports extends over 20 years and is valued at $$3,000,000,000-4. That's just w/ Time Warner, you also have to incorporate year in rights fees, who knows what else...

48 Million is a drop in the bucket, I hate to say this, but Kobe earned this money.
    Not to mention that now Kobe will retire a Laker. Every time that they show highlight films of the leagues best, anytime they list Kobes records, anytime Kobe's Picture will be displayed in magazines or newspapers, and also his picture prominently highlighted in the hall of fame...The Lakers name will be right there along with it and no one elses. This not ensures the Lakers will be synonymous with Greatness, but its quality advertising for the next 100 years.

That exposure will earn the Lakers literally Billions over the decades in prestige alone. All for the mere price of $48 million.

This is how you make money fellas....
    Points Awarded:

Jago2008 gave El Sol 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by El Sol View Post
    Not to mention that now Kobe will retire a Laker. Every time that they show highlight films of the leagues best, anytime they list Kobes records, anytime Kobe's Picture will be displayed in magazines or newspapers, and also his picture prominently highlighted in the hall of fame...The Lakers name will be right there along with it and no one elses. This not ensures the Lakers will be synonymous with Greatness, but its quality advertising for the next 100 years.

That exposure will earn the Lakers literally Billions over the decades in prestige alone. All for the mere price of $48 million.

This is how you make money fellas....
    Shit..I thought it was about winning championships....but apparently its about making the Forbes List...lol

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exit stage left......

El Sol

Shit..I thought it was about winning championships....but apparently its about making the Forbes List...lol
    Making money is the pinnacle of any Capitalist society. Thats economics 101. No one is in business to lose money. Its hard to believe I know, but yea, it is true.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by El Sol View Post
    Making money is the pinnacle of any Capitalist society. Thats economics 101. No one is in business to lose money. Its hard to believe I know, but yea, it is true.
    Winning rings is the pinnacle of any Laker team....That's basketball 101. No one is in business to lose games. Its hard to believe I know, but yea it is true.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Mumba out!

El Sol

Winning rings is the pinnacle of any Laker team....That's basketball 101. No one is in business to lose games. Its hard to believe I know, but yea it is true.
    Businessmen do not play basketball. They hire players to play basketball. They became businessmen to make money. If they wanted to win Rings, then they would have become basketball players. Winning rings is to bring in the fans and prestige,which makes them money. That is just one of the ways to make money, not 'the' way to make money. In no way will winning rings take precedence over making money, never.

12 Last