PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sources: Hit causing broken jaw also broke Bengals punter's neck

Sources: Hit also hurt Bengals punter's neck

Bengals punter Kevin Huber not only suffered a broken jaw on a blindside block during a 68-yard touchdown return by the Steelers' Antonio Brown in the first quarter Sunday night, but sources say he also suffered a cracked vertebrae in his neck.

warpednexus
    warpednexus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3208

Steelers are notorious for taking season ending cheap shots at opposing players. Hines Ward was the King when he played.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Ouch

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hope he is ok

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by warpednexus View Post
    Steelers are notorious for taking season ending cheap shots at opposing players. Hines Ward was the King when he played.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

jesus...sounds like the guey could have been killed

dont agree with a lot of the calls on the "defenseless receivers" but these hits on kickers are a joke....total cheap shot

Rangers901
    Rangers901's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing pisses me off more than watching something like this happen. Does it make this Neanderthal feel better because he destroyed a defenceless kicker?

What kind of animal would find this acceptable? It's barbaric behaviour that simply doesn't belong in sports. There's a difference between throwing a block and maliciously trying to harm someone, clearly his thought it throwing a monstrous hit on a defenceless guy to boost his ego with the rest of the pack of animals.

Thats someone's husband, father, etc. that just got seriously injured, and why? He could have simply threw a normal block against a clearly defenceless person and finished the job with equivalent success, but no, he had to resort to barbaric behaviour.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

How long will his jaw be wire shut,
    big puszy move going after 100lb flyweight punter

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers901 View Post
    Nothing pisses me off more than watching something like this happen. Does it make this Neanderthal feel better because he destroyed a defenceless kicker?

What kind of animal would find this acceptable? It's barbaric behaviour that simply doesn't belong in sports. There's a difference between throwing a block and maliciously trying to harm someone, clearly his thought it throwing a monstrous hit on a defenceless guy to boost his ego with the rest of the pack of animals.

Thats someone's husband, father, etc. that just got seriously injured, and why? He could have simply threw a normal block against a clearly defenceless person and finished the job with equivalent success, but no, he had to resort to barbaric behaviour.
    well said!

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Guy signed up to play in the NFL get's paid very well I'd imagine, you're going to get hammered every now and then. Ended up a helmet to helmet hit but there's been much worse it was just big guy on small guy and the small guy lost badly.

Just because he's a kicker he doesn't deserve any free passes. He could of easily made the tackle but didn't bother to look for anyone about to obliterate him.

warbux
    warbux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Like my granpappy always said

"If you wearin pads
    Prepare to get smashed"

Rangers901

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Guy signed up to play in the NFL get's paid very well I'd imagine, you're going to get hammered every now and then. Ended up a helmet to helmet hit but there's been much worse it was just big guy on small guy and the small guy lost badly.

Just because he's a kicker he doesn't deserve any free passes. He could of easily made the tackle but didn't bother to look for anyone about to obliterate him.
    You obviously don't understand. You need to have respect in the game, when the respect is gone, the game becomes a breathing ground for barbaric behaviour.

The fact that you don't see how this is wrong is simply ludicrous. One thing I can guarantee is that if you had an emotional attachment to that person, your feelings would be very different.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

That hit that he took was a completely unnecessary helmet to face shot.

warbux
    warbux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

The business is entertainment and what entertains the customers is the sight of blood.
    This is a good quote that fits this situation perfectly.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Some of the hits, especially the ones leading with the helmet are dangerous. I know fans like to see them and hear the sound of bones breaking and the commentators encourage them with their comments but they serve zero purpose in terms of how the game is played. If someone did this to Tom Brady or Peyton Manning people would be asking for him to banned for life from the NFL. The goal of the game it to make a tackle and stop the play and not to induce physical harm to a player.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

I love how we get all of these ticky tack personal fouls called and yet nothing on this one.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    I love how we get all of these ticky tack personal fouls called and yet nothing on this one.
    I know. That was was about as blatant and uncalled for as it gets.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by warbux View Post
    This is a good quote that fits this situation perfectly.
    I say being able to gamble on it

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

wasn't a cheap shot at all... punter was going down field to cover the punt... if he didn't want to get hit he should kick the fukkin ball and run to the sideline.. any of you minions ever heard of keep your head on a swivel?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    wasn't a cheap shot at all... punter was going down field to cover the punt... if he didn't want to get hit he should kick the fukkin ball and run to the sideline.. any of you minions ever heard of keep your head on a swivel?
    You can't hit helmet to helmet. He was purposely hit under his chin because that Steeler player knew that punters don't wear full face guards on their helmets. That was nothing more than frustration being taken out by the Steelers because they have a shitty defense and are not making the playoffs because of it.

That player should be fined and then suspended for however long it takes that Punter to make a full recovery.

firedawg

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    You can't hit helmet to helmet. He was purposely hit under his chin because that Steeler player knew that punters don't wear full face guards on their helmets. That was frustration being taken out by the Steelers because they have a shitty defense and are not making the playoffs because of it.
    wrong.......... he took a shot at the guy because the dumb ass wasn't looking is his own fault... would you prefer if he speared him in his kicking leg?

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Punter punts then run directly into the stands so u dont have to do anything else or play football, u punt that's all.

Kermit

wrong.......... he took a shot at the guy because the dumb ass wasn't looking is his own fault... would you prefer if he speared him in his kicking leg?
    What is the difference if he was looking or not? It was still a helmet to helmet cheap shot. He should have hit him and blocked him like a normal player.

warpednexus

Putting his hand on his chest or just pushing him would have been just as effective. His obvious intent was to hurt him bad.

The guy who hit him knew he wasn't looking therefore , yes, it was a pussy cheap shot.

I guess it would be alright with you if I hit you in the head with a hammer if you were standing in between me and the fence I
    was building right?

firedawg

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Punter punts then run directly into the stands so u dont have to do anything else or play football, u punt that's all.

firedawg

Putting his hand on his chest or just pushing him would have been just as effective. His obvious intent was to hurt him bad.

The guy who hit him knew he wasn't looking therefore , yes, it was a pussy cheap shot.

I guess it would be alright with you if I hit you in the head with a hammer if you were standing in between me and the fence I
    was building right?
    obviously you have never played the sport at any level above pee wee so you wouldn't know

firedawg

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    What is the difference if he was looking or not? It was still a helmet to helmet cheap shot. He should have hit him and blocked him like a normal player.
    do you realize how many hits like that occur every weekend? just because hes a punter doesn't give him a free pass..

firedawg

it was legal as well... he hit him in the chest

warpednexus

[QUOTE=firedawg;20571618]obviously you have never played the sport at any level above pee wee so you wouldn't know[/QUO

Must be a Steelers fan to defend this guy so hard

firedawg

[QUOTE=warpednexus;20571662]
    obviously you have never played the sport at any level above pee wee so you wouldn't know[/QUO

Must be a Steelers fan to defend this guy so hard
    no im a football fan.... cant stand the steelers

Rangers901

[QUOTE=firedawg;20571680]

no im a football fan.... cant stand the steelers
    A real football fan wouldn't want this to ever occur in a game, ever.

firedawg

[QUOTE=Rangers901;20571784]

A real football fan wouldn't want this to ever occur in a game, ever.
    its football....... shit happens

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

This the nfl, it was a perfectly legal hit. Would it be ok for the punter to dive in and take runners knees out like probably would of tried. Quit your job making 500k for punting and go sell insurance. Tough hit it sucks, too bad it's big boy time.

BetsandBeer
    BetsandBeer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

awesome news

scrub punter cost me a bet on that first posession mother fukr got his cummupins

BetsandBeer
    BetsandBeer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

someone pick up his fanny pack and bring it to him in the trainers room it has his hotel key in it

123 Last