TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Question On Houston Portland Opening Line Of Portland -3.5

At game time line went to -2.5 Portland almost everywhere in Vegas.

Some offshore books went to -2 Portland at game time.

A lot of free service line movement sites claiming 70% Portland ML and 72% Portland Spread

This doesn't make any sense to me.

Public on Portland but line going the other way???

My initial reaction is that Portland knocks these clowns the fuk out in the 2H

What do you guys think?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

A ton of sharp money on Houston, don't believe those sites, don't forget sharps bet larger amounts than your average public bettor.

Madetowin
    Madetowin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line opened at -4 Portland . Take Houston for the 2nd half.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Clearly Vegas wanted NO PART of the Sharps. Wow. Glad I read this well. Nice post EASY

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I can't believe Portland was only -2 for the second half.

This team is ungoddamstoppable at home. I don't think they've missed a shot since the second quarter.

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    At game time line went to -2.5 Portland almost everywhere in Vegas.

Some offshore books went to -2 Portland at game time.

A lot of free service line movement sites claiming 70% Portland ML and 72% Portland Spread

This doesn't make any sense to me.

Public on Portland but line going the other way???

My initial reaction is that Portland knocks these clowns the fuk out in the 2H

What do you guys think?

Its all about the money, man.. Larger wagers move lines. Or.. A lot of little wagers added up slowly move lines.
    If there is a lot of parlay money and smaller money on one side but Larger, single wagers on the other side.
    They will have to adjust accordingly. Throw in certain books knowing which players to watch for they can always adjust.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I was shocked that it slid the other way as well, even with all of the above factors. I caught them at -3 and would have doubled down if I had seen the line hit -2.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Stay away from those free percentage sites. No one can verify where the info is coming from or if it's accurate. It's hard enough to even trust SportOptions and they're highly regarded as one of the best in the industry. It's all smoke and mirrors IMO. Everyone is working together to give the 'ole FUKK JOB to Joe Q. Public..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Stay away from those free percentage sites. No one can verify where the info is coming from or if it's accurate. It's hard enough to even trust SportOptions and they're highly regarded as one of the best in the industry. It's all smoke and mirrors IMO. Everyone is working together to give the 'ole FUKK JOB to Joe Q. Public..
    Stop and think about it for a minute though -- do you honestly think "Joe Q. Public" was on the Rockets here?

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Stop and think about it for a minute though -- do you honestly think "Joe Q. Public" was on the Rockets here?
    For some reason I actually believe the public was on the Rockets. I actually had the feeling that I was betting the sharp side with my bet on the Trail Blazers.

Oh, and by the way.....I have NEVER, EVER even glanced at one of these sites. I don't really care who is betting where, I can about picking the winning team.....IMO I am as good as the books, unless the fix is actually in on a given game. If you don't think that way (confidence is everything) you may as well hang up your wagering shoes and quit.