Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Regional lean: San Diego +11.5 Thursday night

San Diego is a team I've grown up watching, and also routinely faded ATS, I rarely bet the Chargers because of my emotional attachment to them, and their ridiculous ability to never cover when expected- HOWEVER:

The Chargers have been a live road dog, especially within the division. They also have been playing better on defense despite their early struggles, furthermore this team is showing more life under new head coach McCoy, I think the players are buying into the new system, especially Phillip Rivers, his season stats speak to that affirmation.
    Stats are relatively similar on offense in the sense of numbers, of course Denver scores more per clip - but the Chargers have a good 3rd down conversion % and have been running the ball well i.e. time of possession.

Another thing to note is the Chargers have their initial starters on the offensive-line back on the field, and the cohesion was apparent against NY, Ryan Matthews has rushed well, even against one of the AFC's best defenses in Cincinnati, he's avg'ing 4.4 yds per carry on the year - and Danny Woodhead has also been a nice complement out of the backfield, he's essentially a white Darren Sproles (I wish the Chargers never got rid of that talent).

I also like how some of the WR's now matchup for San Diego with Eddy Royal back, this will give WR Vincent Brown some more leeway as he'll be covered by the Broncos 3rd cornerback in nickel packages, and I think he's due for a bigger game, he's steadily improved this year - as he was recovering from that broken ankle- prior to that he was showing chemistry and promise with Rivers. I think this will account for at least more open WRs in the Chargers offensive scheme.

- Denver's Defense allows a similar QB rating as it pertains to passer rating, with the only caveat being they force more turnovers. San Diego's defense gives up more yards per play (6 yards in some instances) so that will be an area of concern.

- Denver is playing for home-field advantage and San Diego is clinging to their small playoff hopes, however while the season has matured historically covering these DD spreads in divisional games are less likely to hit.

- Ultimately I feel like this game will (ironically) come down to a few key defensive plays because I see both offenses scoring. And as great as Peyton Manning has been, Phillip Rivers has had a great record in December ~81% winning pct, I still expect Rivers to cover this spread, the Chargers should play their hearts out this game.

- Clearly the Chargers need to have a complete game and if they don't they will get blown out, with that said the Chargers have had trouble putting back-to-back wins together this season, but I think this short week will help that focus which has been missing consistently.

- Personally I have this game graded closer to 8.5-9 so there is some value in this line IMO.

- Eric Weddle will have at least 2 tackles tonight with his beard.

For those that don't like to read: Chargers spread +11.5 and sprinkle a little on the ML in my opinion.

Tail or Fade accordingly, GL with your bets.
    Last edited by Jago2008; 12-12-13 at 03:56 AM.

Rspro
    Rspro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I pass on this game. +11.5 is too many points in an NFL game for me to stomach. Like Denver to win easy, but 11.5 or 12 now is enough for any nfl team to cover on any day.

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rspro View Post
    I pass on this game. +11.5 is too many points in an NFL game for me to stomach. Like Denver to win easy, but 11.5 or 12 now is enough for any nfl team to cover on any day.
    Tease

inTomWeTrust
    inTomWeTrust's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shutup with Tease.. I like this anaylsis man.. This is very logical

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Thanks bud, I'm always a proponent of teasers in the NFL too. Too each his own, always good to the tease the higher number regardless, just because of parity (obv. based on the team too sometimes).

Good luck.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i'm hoping ryan mathews has a huge game.

100 yards rushing and couple tds while losing by 10 or less would really make my day...

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Lol I love that meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    i'm hoping ryan mathews has a huge game.

100 yards rushing and couple tds while losing by 10 or less would really make my day...
    I agree completely man, they key to this cover is the Chargers having a good run-game, whenever Phillip Rivers has to do it all alone generally leads to key turnovers.

This is by no means a big investment, but getting a line like this is unusual and positive EV long term in my opinion with this matchup.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Keenan Allen is a legitimate "Rookie of the Year" candidate.

Chargers up 17-10 at the half, looking good so far guys.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Chargers have been controlling the clock in this matchup perfectly.

Ghenghis we are getting our run game.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

good call

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    Chargers have been controlling the clock in this matchup perfectly.

Ghenghis we are getting our run game.
    mathews did good. he's clearly sd's #1 back.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    good call
    Thanks bud, GL on your STL pick I will be tailing.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    mathews did good. he's clearly sd's #1 back.
    Without a doubt, and Keenan Allen was a great 3rd round pick up in the draft.

GL on ur bets guys.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

keenan allen should be the rookie of the year.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57705

Excellent call - nailed it!

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post

Thanks bro, You know I had to respond with a Meme...
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-20-15 at 10:26 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Excellent call - nailed it!
    , thanks man.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Kudos on a well thought out break down. Reading it kept me from pulling the trigger on the broncos - and in hindsight my potential bet was about the Peyton factor - can he deliver a flurry of TDs? - but without proper consideration of the Chargers. Square money.

The Chargers answered the bell and brought it. You called it - thanks! Sometimes a non-bet can feel like a win.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jago2008