ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Kansas "Gayhawks"

http://college-basketball.si.com/201...nsas-gayhawks/

Last Sunday night, during the station’s weekly sports show which runs after NBC’s Sunday Night Football, Harry referred to the University of Kansas men’s basketball team as what sounded like “Gayhawks” as opposed to “Jayhawks.” The phrase “Gayhawk” has been used as a pejorative term toward that fan base and Harry has a reputation in that market for tweaking the KU fanbase. The video is here for you to judge:

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They play like they are Gay

Wiggins overrated

Kansas loses at least 10 games this year

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Wiggins overrated

Kansas loses at least 10 games this year
    After serious reflection, I realized threads like these are what excluded me from your "mature" posters list.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    they play wearing leather chaps?

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Mark Mangino will be invited to return to Lawrence, Kansas this season for the school’s season opener against Southeast Missouri State. Mangino and the 2007 team, as well as former Jayhawks Aqib Talib and Anthony Collins, have been invited for a Hall of Fame ceremony. In 2007, Kansas went 12-1, with the lone loss coming against border rival Missouri (the Tigers went on to play for the Big 12 championship as a result of the head-to-head win).

Given how Mangino and Kansas parted ways in 2009, Mangino took some time to consider whether or not he should accept an invitation from the school to return for the Hall of Fame ceremony.

“It just came out of the blue and when they called, it caught me off guard. It was hard for me to say no when your players are going to be honored,” Mangino said to Lawrence Journal-World. “I wanted to be there for them. I think it’s the right thing to do.”

From a coaching perspective, the relationship with players can be an everlasting one. The 2007 season was a special year for both Mangino and his players, so wanting to be there to celebrate the success of the 2007 season has to be difficult to turn down.

Mangino most recently coached as an offensive coordinator at Iowa State in 2014 and 2015.

Flashmo
    Flashmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24321

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    they play wearing leather chaps?
    with holes cut out of the posterior

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

When does Self get fired?

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

KLC I like it when you bump old threads with news but man I thought chalky dog was back!

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

good to see the team is finally deciding to give credit to all the gay little white guys at the end of the bench that sixty-nine every time the real players score a basket....

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    KLC I like it when you bump old threads with news but man I thought chalky dog was back!
    Yeah, I remember the ribbing I got when I bumped a Big Bear thread.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

There has been no shortage of videos and stories about walk-ons at various college football programs receiving scholarships by surprise. It is an annual tradition around college football during the offseason, and the fun and pure joy of the moment never gets old.

The Kansas Jayhawks took the game to a whole new level, and a whole new playing field this weekend.

Kansas took its football team out on Friday night to enjoy a Major League Baseball game between the Kansas City Royals and Cleveland Indians. During the course of the game, four walk-on players — defensive end Mazin Aqi, offensive lineman Beau Lawrence, punter Cole Moos, and running back Reese Randall — were shown sitting next to each other on the video screen in Kauffman Stadium. As they were shown on the screen, a message popped up congratulating them on being awarded a scholarship.