1. #1
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    NFL Week 15 Angle -Teams DESPERATE for a win

    This is my angle for week 15. I will only consider teams desperate for wins since i am
    somewhat desperate for a winning parlay.

  2. #2
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    Teams that are Desperate include

    San Diego Chargers- Tough road game at Denver. Very tough task for the Bolts defense but Charger
    bettors get 10 points... Usually games are low scoring on Thursdays so its not unrealistic for the Bolts to hang within 10.

    Baltimore Ravens- On the road at Detroit for MNF. A loss here for the Ravens may ceal the the Ravens fate.
    Time for Joe Flacco to earn that money he is getting. The Ravens defense may have a tough time stopping the Lions potent offense. Since this a MNF football game it will be important to see who the public is on

  3. #3
    Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-11
    Posts: 31,015
    Betpoints: 213

  4. #4
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    New York Jets- Playoffs are still possible if they finish with a 9-7 record.
    Jets played well last week but rookie Geno Smith will need his offensive line to play very well against
    the best defensive line in the NFL.

    Sanantonio Holmes may be able to burn the Panthers vulnerable secondary a few if Geno has time in the pocket. On the other side of the ball the Jets have an awesome defense and if they play like they are a capable of that may be able to squeak out a backdoor cover and lose by less than 10.

    Dolphins - Desperate for a win here that would significantly boost their playoff chances. The more i look at this game the more i think the Dolphins may win.The Dolphins defense is fiesty, they can put pressure on you and defend the deep ball.

    The Patriots defense has been playing poorly as of late. Patriots also have the division locked up so except for the remote possibility of home field throughout the playoffs the Patriots dont have much to play for

    Eagles- Eagles will be plenty motivated Sunday and luckily the Vikings have nothing to play for.
    Normally the dome in minnesota is a tough place to play but at this point in the season the stadium will likely be half empty and quiet enough to hear a pin drop.

    Also the Vikings defense is one of the worst in the NFL. This game has blowout written all over it.

  5. #5
    inTomWeTrust
    inTomWeTrust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-20-13
    Posts: 1,763

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Teams that are Desperate include

    San Diego Chargers- Tough road game at Denver. Very tough task for the Bolts defense but Charger
    bettors get 10 points... Usually games are low scoring on Thursdays so its not unrealistic for the Bolts to hang within 10.

    Baltimore Ravens- On the road at Detroit for MNF. A loss here for the Ravens may ceal the the Ravens fate.
    Time for Joe Flacco to earn that money he is getting. The Ravens defense may have a tough time stopping the Lions potent offense. Since this a MNF football game it will be important to see who the public is on
    I like your SD Pick.. sounds logical and Peyton has a tough time against other good QB's Rivers Ranks top 7 IMO, and is having a stellar year.. I can see the final here as 31-24



    I Disagree with your Ravens pick on so many different levels... The Ravens arent very good at all and are no where near the team they were last year.. when you lose the best saftey of all time the QB of defense and one of top 6 MLB of all time on a momentum D team.. its tough, there is no reason why i said in beg of year i said they probably wont make playoffs... they are not desperate, they are depleted.. TRUST ME. The Lions have MUCH more to play for. The Bears IMO are top of that Divison.. Say what you want about Lions offense but Bears offense is just as good if not better.

  6. #6
    inTomWeTrust
    inTomWeTrust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-20-13
    Posts: 1,763

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    New York Jets- Playoffs are still possible if they finish with a 9-7 record.
    Jets played well last week but rookie Geno Smith will need his offensive line to play very well against
    the best defensive line in the NFL.

    Sanantonio Holmes may be able to burn the Panthers vulnerable secondary a few if Geno has time in the pocket. On the other side of the ball the Jets have an awesome defense and if they play like they are a capable of that may be able to squeak out a backdoor cover and lose by less than 10.

    Dolphins - Desperate for a win here that would significantly boost their playoff chances. The more i look at this game the more i think the Dolphins may win.The Dolphins defense is fiesty, they can put pressure on you and defend the deep ball.

    The Patriots defense has been playing poorly as of late. Patriots also have the division locked up so except for the remote possibility of home field throughout the playoffs the Patriots dont have much to play for

    Eagles- Eagles will be plenty motivated Sunday and luckily the Vikings have nothing to play for.
    Normally the dome in minnesota is a tough place to play but at this point in the season the stadium will likely be half empty and quiet enough to hear a pin drop.

    Also the Vikings defense is one of the worst in the NFL. This game has blowout written all over it.

    I like your view on the Eagles, however I still see the cowboys staying within a game til the last game of season where Romo will throw 3 picks and say at end of game " Its just a game" trust me this will happen..


    It depends on the public with Miami this week if public is all over PATS I agree... Miami is def pick... last time the BOOKS got slammed with miami pats last week i remember 5 weeks back in a room with about 5 guys with books saying "miami was supposed to cover this game" which meant lock for books which didnt happen....


    Jets Pick is tough, because where exactly do Jets CLIMAX and so far? I think this is it... its tough

  7. #7
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    Quote Originally Posted by inTomWeTrust View Post
    I like your SD Pick.. sounds logical and Peyton has a tough time against other good QB's Rivers Ranks top 7 IMO, and is having a stellar year.. I can see the final here as 31-24



    I Disagree with your Ravens pick on so many different levels... The Ravens arent very good at all and are no where near the team they were last year.. when you lose the best saftey of all time the QB of defense and one of top 6 MLB of all time on a momentum D team.. its tough, there is no reason why i said in beg of year i said they probably wont make playoffs... they are not desperate, they are depleted.. TRUST ME. The Lions have MUCH more to play for. The Bears IMO are top of that Divison.. Say what you want about Lions offense but Bears offense is just as good if not better.

    these are not picks... still got a TON of research to do.

    just trying to start some chatter about these games and hear some insight BEFORE i make my
    selections

  8. #8
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    Cowboys- i think Romo is the most untrustworthy QB to ever play football other ofcourse Jake Delhomme.
    in NFL there is only 1 team i tell my self to never bet on and thats the Cowboys. In MLB that team is the Yankees. In the NBA that team is the Lakers.

    But looking at this objectively its hard not to consider the Cowboys this week if indeed Aaron Rogers is a no go. Cowboys backs are against the wall here and should be in do or die mode here.

    But how much is the motivation factor worth when your defense sucks so bad??

    On the bright side for the Cowboys Green Bay QB Matt Flynn is pretty terrible , although he played well last game vs
    a bad Falcons defense at home. It will be hard not take the Cowboys here if the spread is less than a field goal

    havent seen a spread on this game yet but should be a great "buy low"
    opportunity on the Cowboys. After the embarrasing performance on Monday night in a league where the average bettor over reacts from week to week
    this might just be the right time to place a wager on the Cowboys.
    Last edited by Big Bear; 12-11-13 at 11:33 AM.

  9. #9
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    Bears- Bears offense has recently caught fire behind veteran McCown at QB who appears to be every bit
    as good as Jay Cutler.

    Going on the road to Cleveland however and facing a tremendous Browns defense will be tough.

    can they get it done?

  10. #10
    Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-11
    Posts: 31,015
    Betpoints: 213

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  32.3 KB

  11. #11
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    Lions- Great home team. Terrible road team. The dome will rocking monday night and the Lions should be licking their chomps to face this Ravens defense.

    Only question is can the Lions limit stupid turnovers and penalties?

    Can the Lions defense stop anyone ?

  12. #12
    ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-17-13
    Posts: 2,592
    Betpoints: 5106

    Bear wtf is Vegas talking about?

  13. #13
    Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-11
    Posts: 31,015
    Betpoints: 213

    Yes bear tell us about your multiple accounts because you can't keep your word or should we call you icehouse

  14. #14
    Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-31-09
    Posts: 5,622

    This guy is most definitely Ice House

  15. #15
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    Arizona Cardinals- In desperate need of a win here and they travel East to play the Titans who have 8 losses.
    Now the Titans mathmatically are still alive but with 8 losses lets be real they ain't getting in the playoffs.

    Now the Titans actually do have a pretty strong home field advantage and the fans will have plenty of time to
    "Lube up" prior to the 4:25 local kickoff.

    I really want to go with the Cardinals here with them being in desperation mode, but the Cardinals have been less than impressive on the road.

    thoughts on this game? Peyton Manning sure made that Titans secondary look awful last week.

  16. #16
    Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-11
    Posts: 31,015
    Betpoints: 213

    funny bigbear handle created day below boast lost

    http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/players-ta...ost-month.html

  17. #17
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPER HEAD View Post
    Bear wtf is Vegas talking about?
    who knows? I cant even read what he is saying i put that troll on the ignore list.
    Apparently he has made the choice to be an unhappy person.

  18. #18
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    49ers- San Fran should be very focused and motivated in this spot. A win here pretty much guarantees a playoff spot.

    I know Tampa Bay has been playing well but when they play a good defense like the Panthers they get shut down. Tampa Bay is not a sports town and these fans hardly even show up when the team in playoff contention now that the Buccaneers are out of the playoffs i expect mostly 49ers fans in attendance and this will not be a very hostile enviorment to play in.

  19. #19
    Twiz
    Twiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-22-13
    Posts: 442
    Betpoints: 1018

    49ers look like easiest play on the board for me. That said they also the squarest play on the board along with chiefs. Chiefs are easy to stay away given the spot but 9ers not so much. If TB can't establish a run then they can't win. Simple as that. I don't play huge public sides not because they don't win but because it hurts so much worse when they lose lol. That said someone please talk me out of SF. ML seems like free money...

    Patriots/Dolphins a tough game because of gronk overreaction and because of "dolphins still alive" angle. Bets will come in on Pats but money will be even so vegas has no stake here...Under easily the strongest play but teasing it might be safer. Remember dolphins don't even have to win to make playoffs. They should end the season with 2 wins which will be enough to top balty/SD/Jets etc. In terms of sides Pats or nothing emphasis on nothing.

    Lions/Balty the game I been eyeing the most. I always sell Balty short because I'm in pixburgh but their offense is the definition of FRAUD. If you're betting Balty you might as well bet under which might be "sharp" with all that over money. Balty closing the season with 3 tough games I honestly don't see them in playoffs. Scary thing is that makes this game all the more important for them. Want to unload on Lions...if line goes down I think its house and yacht on spread and ML, if it stays or goes up you gotta tease it or stay away.

  20. #20
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,053
    Betpoints: 422

    There is a reason the team is desperate for a win

  21. #21
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    There is a reason the team is desperate for a win
    true dat true dat. I'm always looking for an angle though.

    motivation can be huge in football.

  22. #22
    StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-09-10
    Posts: 11,978
    Betpoints: 18481

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    There is a reason the team is desperate for a win
    Also, what makes you think this isn't already in the line?

    Just a thought

  23. #23
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Also, what makes you think this isn't already in the line?

    Just a thought

    already in the line? nah i think on a lot of these they set the lines where they did as teaser protectors and
    to kind of mind fukk ya into over analyzing the game.

    for example last week .. some people took the bait with Redskins +3 trying to be sharp.

  24. #24
    StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-09-10
    Posts: 11,978
    Betpoints: 18481

    fair enough

    the teaser protector concept is interesting ...

  25. #25
    Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-09-10
    Posts: 3,800
    Betpoints: 120

    nice thoughts here, i agree with many of them.

Top