frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

USC -5.5 vs Fresno State in Vegas 2013 Lock of the year

USC defense is more than good enough to stop Fresno State. The Fresno State defense on the other hand will be swiss cheese trying to cover Nelson Anghlor and Marquise Lee. The Bulldogs defense hasn't seen any receivers at their caliber yet this season. Javorious Allen is also going to have a field day pounding the rock. The only way Fresno can hang is by scoring on every possession, that will not happen against a USC defense. People will be fooled in taking Fresno because USC barely beat Utah State by only 3 points earlier in the season. That was a conservative USC team with Lane Kiffin, much more aggressive offensive team now.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

More a question is USC even motivated in this one.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

They got their asses kicked last year by GT as a huge favorite. Never bet on a team without a coach.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

With EO I would agree but who knows now.

frostno98

Don't overthink this guys, that's why you guys always fuggin lose.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Play of the fukkin decade. Fresno couldn't beat Florida A&M.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Don't overthink this guys, that's why you guys always fuggin lose.
    Don't let us hold you back from going all-in. Put the life savings on it if it's a sure thing.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Don't like it. Too many points to give a very game QB. USC is NOT impressive on either side of the ball. They do have good special teams but I don't think they get the cover here.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Don't like it. Too many points to give a very game QB. USC is NOT impressive on either side of the ball. They do have good special teams but I don't think they get the cover here.
    Don't over act to the way how Fresno D up Utah State. The conditions were around 20-30 degrees which helped out State shutting down Utah. The weather in Vegas will be like San Jose, nice for a track meet. USC and Fresno offensively are about the same, but defensively I'm more then confident in USC stopping Fresno a few times. USC should win by 14 or more points.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Fresno ML. USC has mailed it in for the year.

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Don't over act to the way how Fresno D up Utah State. The conditions were around 20-30 degrees which helped out State shutting down Utah. The weather in Vegas will be like San Jose, nice for a track meet. USC and Fresno offensively are about the same, but defensively I'm more then confident in USC stopping Fresno a few times. USC should win by 14 or more points.
    did you really just compare fresno and USC offense? Get real, fresno has a top 10 scoring offense in the nation, USC offense is inept. Also, yes fresno shut down Utah st which is no big deal but fresno has been playing with their 3rd and 4th string cb. They benched their 3 because hewas getting toasted all season and it helped. Their top 2cb should be back for the bowl as well as their #2 wr.

jnickell100

I just actually looked up scoring/gm. Fresno is #5 in the nation (45.3). USC is scoring (28.5).

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    I just actually looked up scoring/gm. Fresno is #5 in the nation (45.3). USC is scoring (28.5).

They should score more. Strength of schedule

USC 14

Fresno St 111

jnickell100

I'm not saying the wont score more than 28. But to say USC and fresno offense is a wash is ridiculous. Now if we were arguing USC and fresno's d then that's another thing. Fresno state d is terrible but their offense is legit and Carr is the most underrated player in the whole nation.

Its funny, people are on Jordan lynch ballsack, and never once mention his SOS. And he gets a heismaninvite but Carr is left off.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

I'm not saying the wont score more than 28. But to say USC and fresno offense is a wash is ridiculous. Now if we were arguing USC and fresno's d then that's another thing. Fresno state d is terrible but their offense is legit and Carr is the most underrated player in the whole nation.

Its funny, people are on Jordan lynch ballsack, and never once mention his SOS. And he gets a heismaninvite but Carr is left off.
    they both suck

did you watch carr play last week? against a good defense

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

did you really just compare fresno and USC offense? Get real, fresno has a top 10 scoring offense in the nation, USC offense is inept. Also, yes fresno shut down Utah st which is no big deal but fresno has been playing with their 3rd and 4th string cb. They benched their 3 because hewas getting toasted all season and it helped. Their top 2cb should be back for the bowl as well as their #2 wr.
    they can get their best cb, their defense still sucks regardless. usc will rape them
    look at their schedules. usc has played some legit teams unlike fresno

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

whats the status of their coaching situation in the bowl game. me thinks the usc players and coaches might not give a fck.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    they both suck

did you watch carr play last week? against a good defense
    400+ yards and 3 TD's...whats bad about that?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Frost... I think you're way too fast to pull the trigger on this one.

frostno98

If USC can beat Stanford and that superior defense by 3, what you think is going to happen to that swiss cheese Fresno State defense. Now don't get me wrong Fresno State might score some on USC, but the USC offense on the other hand will put up a ton of points. Devonte Adams is the only player USC has to really worry about. The speed of Anghlor, Marquies Lee, and Javoris Allen is something the Bulldogs has yet to see all season, it's going to be a field day.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

If USC can beat Stanford and that superior defense by 3, what you think is going to happen to that swiss cheese Fresno State defense. Now don't get me wrong Fresno State might score some on USC, but the USC offense on the other hand will put up a ton of points. Devonte Adams is the only player USC has to really worry about. The speed of Anghlor, Marquies Lee, and Javoris Allen is something the Bulldogs has yet to see all season, it's going to be a field day.
    Agree

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Way say "lock of the year" for such a debateable game?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

USC has much better overall talent than Fresno State does. If USC comes to play, Fresno State is finished by the 1st half. If they do not, then Fresno State can win. There are two reasons to think that USC will show up. First, Sark will be there, taking notes. Coaches, as well as returning players are coaching and playing for jobs next season. Second. Fresno State has the misfortune of opening up at USC next season. If USC puts a beating on them now, with Carr, think what will happen next season when Carr is taking snaps for some NFL taxi squad. Fresno State may as well just forfeit that game and save the airfare.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Not gonna give Derek Carr points in his going out party against a squad with no coach.

USC kids have been through hell this season, the rollercoaster ride is not going to end pretty.

Some of these kids don't know if they are going to transfer or what.

Defense is strong but requires unconditional relentless effort.

I think this kids take their gift bag, their $500 shopping spree and just enjoy Las Vegas.

Then the gonna chase that spread attack all over the field?

Nah, I like Fresno in the upset handily.

Fresno's offensive style is very 'fun' for the kids to play, and they want Derek Carr to go out w/ a win.

(Atleast that's my guess from a motivational standpoint)
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 12-11-13 at 05:04 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave Louisvillekid1 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Seems alot of these minor bowl games come down to motivation. WHat is USC's motivation in this game? Fresno St. gets to play the premier College FB powerhouse in California and make a statement. More on the line for Fresno.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I think an assistant coaches job is much more motivational than some kid trying to send a QB who will spend his pro career on a taxi team with a win. USC Assistant Coaches are playing for their jobs.

jnickell100

Come on man. Are we going to playa the well USC played them game? USC has not lit up anyone on offense save cal. Is fresno state defense good? Absolutely not, but let's not pass over the fact that fresno has been with out their top 2 DBs. They're starters for a reason. Again, usc offense has been average at best.
    It's funny. You guys who say this stuff have never watched a fresno game.

Adams is is fresnos only weapon lol??? Obviously have not watched a game. Josh Harper and burse are good wr. Just look up their stats when teams TRY to shut down Adams.

jnickell100

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I think an assistant coaches job is much more motivational than some kid trying to send a QB who will spend his pro career on a taxi team with a win. USC Assistant Coaches are playing for their jobs.
    This clown again. Right, because Carr is playing for nothing. With a good bowl and senior bowl his draft stock won't rise. I feel a lot better now know big daddy is on USC. He's the goat milk of college football.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Davante Adams, Isaiah Burse, Josh Harper > USC WR's

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    They should score more. Strength of schedule

USC 14

Fresno St 111

Yea…this thread started my research on this game. I was overwhelmed when I looked at the teams they beat and USC wins hands down. SC just beat Stanford and you can see who they are today. They demolished ASU…a really good team.

Motivation is another good question. Look, they are going to be jacked to showoff for Steve S…who is a great offensive coach.

bol (thanks to Frostno for starting this thread.)

Oh, I never would have bet this at the -7.5 open line but I just bet it at -5.5 and that is picking up two key numbers.

DAVEYCROCKET
    DAVEYCROCKET's Avatar Become A Pro!

love it

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24749

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Not gonna give Derek Carr points in his going out party against a squad with no coach.

USC kids have been through hell this season, the rollercoaster ride is not going to end pretty.

Some of these kids don't know if they are going to transfer or what.

Defense is strong but requires unconditional relentless effort.

I think this kids take their gift bag, their $500 shopping spree and just enjoy Las Vegas.

Then the gonna chase that spread attack all over the field?

Nah, I like Fresno in the upset handily.

Fresno's offensive style is very 'fun' for the kids to play, and they want Derek Carr to go out w/ a win.

(Atleast that's my guess from a motivational standpoint)
    This, in a nutshell.......Don't everybody act like they haven't witnessed a bowl season before. Regular season logic doesn't always apply to these games and just throwing out scores and statistics can be practically irrelevant a month after teams played their last games. USC is without a coach and thereby without direction, and possibly motivation. Fresno State, on the other hand, would love nothing more than to defeat the bigger, sexier, more ballyhooed, hyped, glamorous in-state school in Los Angeles. Some of these kids at Fresno were probably snubbed by USC during the recruiting process and will play with a chip on their shoulder. My guess is that the Fresno players will put every ounce of energy and focus into these bowl practices leading up to the game, whereas the same cannot be said for SoCal. So come gameday, who is more likely to be dialed in?

frostno98

Bump. This one is over!

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Nice call

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Classic. The underdog team with all the momentum and motivation in the world getting steamrolled by a team that has always just been better.

12 Last