wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

if you're Jax/Hou/Cleve/Oak/Minn/Stl do you trade for McCown or draft QB?

say if you are in position to draft a Manziel or BridgeWater..you absolutely draft one of them, no brainer correct?

but if you have a chance to trade for McCown for say a 3rd round pick, do it was well?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

He's 34 bro,

maybe the titans, CLE, or minny

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

3rd round pick..?

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'd be more tempted to take mccown now, draft some guys to protect him, and wait for your franchise guy to come around - but idk if i'd give up a 3rd rounder for him. haven't watched bridgewater enough but I am not sold on Manziel being a quality NFL QB. he doesn't have the arm or smarts of Russell Wilson and he won't be able to do what he did in college in the NFL. Craig Evans bailed him out more times than I can remember and that too won't happen in the NFL. He has trouble with his mechanics, often throws off the back foot and sometimes struggles stepping up in the pocket and making a throw.

Not to say he couldn't be coached up but I wouldn't use anything higher than a 3rd or 4th round pick for him.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Cleveland has hoyer...not trading for a career backup

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

Bridgewater has a cannon but the dude looks straight gangster. He will be a bust, be it too stupid or too lazy

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You don't trade for a 30-something backup when you can try to draft a Franchise QB ... well maybe if you're Cleveland because they clearly could not draft a Franchise QB if Dan Marino fukked John Elway and have birth to Tom Brady and laid the baby inside their Front Office.

They'd pass and take Tommy Rees.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    He's 34 bro,

ouch...scratch it.

/ thread.

wagerjunkie

[QUOTE=freeVICK;20509432]Bridgewater has a cannon but the dude looks straight gangster. He will be a bust, be it too stupid or too lazy[/QUOTE]

ugh. can't wait till this guy lights NFL up n shuts everyone up

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
    i'd be more tempted to take mccown now, draft some guys to protect him, and wait for your franchise guy to come around - but idk if i'd give up a 3rd rounder for him. haven't watched bridgewater enough but I am not sold on Manziel being a quality NFL QB. he doesn't have the arm or smarts of Russell Wilson and he won't be able to do what he did in college in the NFL. Craig Evans bailed him out more times than I can remember and that too won't happen in the NFL. He has trouble with his mechanics, often throws off the back foot and sometimes struggles stepping up in the pocket and making a throw.

Not to say he couldn't be coached up but I wouldn't use anything higher than a 3rd or 4th round pick for him.
    that's sorta the theme I was going for. didn't know he was 34 though. def not worth a 3rd rounder.

drunkenbeaver
    drunkenbeaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Well, being from St Louis, my first instinct is whoever we draft is going to sh*t the bed.

I wouldn't want McCown and wouldn't give the keys to my team to Bridgewater or Johnny Football Hero.

This may not be a popular choice but I would see where Connor Shaw falls and pick him up in the mid rounds. I would just try to surround him with talent. The guy is a talent just doesn't make the espn highlight reels. He has a good arm and is pretty big to take the hits and can move around when needed.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

He's old as hell, and I am not sure Cutler is much of a lock to stay in Chicago.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenbeaver View Post
    Well, being from St Louis, my first instinct is whoever we draft is going to sh*t the bed.

I wouldn't want McCown and wouldn't give the keys to my team to Bridgewater or Johnny Football Hero.

This may not be a popular choice but I would see where Connor Shaw falls and pick him up in the mid rounds. I would just try to surround him with talent. The guy is a talent just doesn't make the espn highlight reels. He has a good arm and is pretty big to take the hits and can move around when needed.
    all mock drafts I have saw show you guys picking up an OT to protect Bradford.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

He's old. He is a great backup, he'd be an average starter IMO. Don't forget that he is playing on a top 5 offense right now and under an offensive genius in Trestman.

Not saying he wouldn't do well on another team, but I don't think he'd look as good on one of those teams you mentioned.

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Bears let JC walk, sign McCown and draft a qb after round 2

drunkenbeaver
    drunkenbeaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Not surprised. The Rams made a huge mistake and refuse to cut their losses with that guy. I remember it was between him and Suh. I didn't want either of them.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

[QUOTE=wagerjunkie;20509488]
    Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    Bridgewater has a cannon but the dude looks straight gangster. He will be a bust, be it too stupid or too lazy[/QUOTE]

ugh. can't wait till this guy lights NFL up n shuts everyone up
    I can guarantee heis wonderlic score will be under 20

Trmeyer
    Trmeyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

No. Im a die hard Bears fan, but i think he's a product of the offendive system Trestman has going and he is 34 years old. Only a few more years left. Unless....you can somehow get him for damn near free.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by therocket View Post
    Bears let JC walk, sign McCown and draft a qb after round 2
    Bears gotta keep both. For some reason, Chicago eats QBs, they need 2 guys just to survive the injuries.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

another stupid thread.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Product of the system and a bad ass receiving core.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Guey is old as fukk. I'd much rather have Teddy, Boyd, Murray, or even Manziel

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    He's 34 bro,

We have Hoyer and Campbell, so the answer is hell no.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stupid question in such a QB-rich draft year. Only moderately stupid any other year...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i mean sure trade a 5th round pick for McCown.

if i'm a team that has some veterans and not far off from being a contender
    maybe you trade for McCown use your 1st round pick for a star left tackle and
    take a rookie QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Trmeyer

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    Product of the system and a bad ass receiving core.
    Yup. Good point. Jeffries turned out to be huge!

Trmeyer

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    say if you are in position to draft a Manziel or BridgeWater..you absolutely draft one of them, no brainer correct?

but if you have a chance to trade for McCown for say a 3rd round pick, do it was well?
    Dont want to get insulted or start an argument, but i think Johnny football is a hell of a ball player, but the next bust. (Erick crouch)? Dont see an Nfl future in him.

therocket
    you cant teach passion
    therocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Bears gotta keep both. For some reason, Chicago eats QBs, they need 2 guys just to survive the injuries.
    Yes, Brandon Marshall post game interview talked about Jay still being number 1. Jay might get the franchise tag and McCown resigns again as the backup. Need to fix D line and secondary in offseason.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Mcnown is good enough to start on a lot of teams right now. As a bears fan I'd honestly let Jay go, the guy is a solid QB with a great arm but he will make at least 1-7 just terrible throws into double coverage or the like a game, lots of times resulting in a pick. Jay also seems to hold the ball a lot longer than Mcnown. Mcnown has shown great decision making and also is straight up making the throws. Is it me or does Mcnown step up in the pocket more than Jay? I also recall seeing Jay make a lot of throws off his back feet than Mcnown this year. Rather use the $ and get more help on D and let Cutler walk then draft a QB. It's clear cutler is not a Super Bowl QB.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Bridgewater has a cannon but the dude looks straight gangster. He will be a bust, be it too stupid or too lazy

I can guarantee heis wonderlic score will be under 20
    Lol He graduates this month as a Junior, and tell me this story looks gangster.

Move on

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8803959

ChalkyDog

My issue with Jay is really the emergence of Alshon.

Jay leans on B.Marsh way too much. Often times Marshall is Jay's 1st, 2nd and 3rd option. They have that chemistry, and there is probably a good reason for it. However, McCown seems to simply find Alshon on progression as often as a play is designed for the kid.

Jay should and will start next game, I just really hope he realizes he needs to look Alshon's way some more, because it really opens up Brandon later.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21641

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    My issue with Jay is really the emergence of Alshon.

Jay leans on B.Marsh way too much. Often times Marshall is Jay's 1st, 2nd and 3rd option. They have that chemistry, and there is probably a good reason for it. However, McCown seems to simply find Alshon on progression as often as a play is designed for the kid.

Jay should and will start next game, I just really hope he realizes he needs to look Alshon's way some more, because it really opens up Brandon later.
    Take a look at Week 5. Cutler targeted AJ 57 times in 7 games. McCown has targeted 52 in 5 games. Yes, it's more, but not that much. Don't forget, this is only his second season and he's emerging as the season progresses.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Take a look at Week 5. Cutler targeted AJ 57 times in 7 games. McCown has targeted 52 in 5 games. Yes, it's more, but not that much. Don't forget, this is only his second season and he's emerging as the season progresses.
    McCown is going to Alshon a lot earlier too.

I have been an Alshon guy since day 1, I'd be asking for as many touches as Brandon until he is consistently getting that.

Love seeming him go right now. Guy is a beast and can be for a long time. Hard to shut down receivers with that size, especially if at best your 2nd best conerback is covering him, as there is no chance of doubling him with Marshall.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Great point. Remember 2 years ago when Cutler had NOBODY to throw to? We haven't seen the best of Cutler yet.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most black guys have cannons, accuracy one of their issues but we have seen plenty of Teddy's in the NFL and fail. He can wins games but not a superbowl guy

12 Last