Parlayplayer
    Parlayplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Mccown is a winner.guys got good pocket awareness and seems to step up and get rid of the ball at all the right times. He's got 11 tds and 1 int and I haven't seen him take many sacks either! So the guy is 34, he looks 25 and probobaly is in the shape of a 25 yr old. He's been a back up his whole career so he hasn't taken any punishment and can easily have 4-5 solid yrs in him. The guy looks to be in his prime right now who's to say he won't get better if he becomes a starter. Favre started every game of his career and played into his 40s on hard surfaces and in the elements! This guy got a lot of game left in him and I think he will shine if given the opportunity! He doesn't take anything for granted and puts it all out there! Seems like he still loves the game, wich is a lot more then I can say for jay! Jays a quitter and a baby! I would love to see mccown get a full year under center in Chicago and see what he does. I say give the guy a small 3 or 4 year deal and in the meantime pick up a solid rook in one of these drafts to work in with in the next 2 yrs or so or if mccown gets hurt!

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Apparently there will be a long qb meeting in Chicago today, looks like they will figure this out today!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Great point. Remember 2 years ago when Cutler had NOBODY to throw to? We haven't seen the best of Cutler yet.
    Yes, people have to realize that this is a new offense with Jeffery emergeing, Martellus new, a bunch of new lineman and a new systemthat was expected to improve...so Cutler gets the early reps while McCown gets to step into an improved situation and look like a hero, and in most of the games against shit defenses. Dallas D might have been the worst of the season...maybe more. None of this is a knock on McCown, but let's have some perspective. Jay is the better QB. And that's my opinion.

GB - he did just OK against a defense that was a hot mess
    Balt - he did OK, but that was his weakest game.
    STL - not a good D, racked up yards in blowout loss
    Minny - they suck (and Bears lost)
    Dallas - worst D ever

And all with Jeffery making absolutely ludicrous catches. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. And how soon we forget the game winners that Cutler had early in the season.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Parlayplayer View Post
    Mccown is a winner.guys got good pocket awareness and seems to step up and get rid of the ball at all the right times. He's got 11 tds and 1 int and I haven't seen him take many sacks either! So the guy is 34, he looks 25 and probobaly is in the shape of a 25 yr old. He's been a back up his whole career so he hasn't taken any punishment and can easily have 4-5 solid yrs in him. The guy looks to be in his prime right now who's to say he won't get better if he becomes a starter. Favre started every game of his career and played into his 40s on hard surfaces and in the elements! This guy got a lot of game left in him and I think he will shine if given the opportunity! He doesn't take anything for granted and puts it all out there! Seems like he still loves the game, wich is a lot more then I can say for jay! Jays a quitter and a baby! I would love to see mccown get a full year under center in Chicago and see what he does. I say give the guy a small 3 or 4 year deal and in the meantime pick up a solid rook in one of these drafts to work in with in the next 2 yrs or so or if mccown gets hurt!
    I don't want to bash McCown at all, but he's a winner - why? He had never had a season QB rating over 75 before this season (6 games now) at age 35. Heading into this season, I believe he was 13-24 as a starter. This season he's now 3-3, so that's 16-27.

He had at least 3 yesterday that should have been picked. He's had some other good fortune. Again, I like McCown, excellent choice as a backup. Smart, professional, learned the system, etc etc. But he's not a franchise QB for the Bears. Cutler is.

Cutler is 38-25 as a starter for the Bears. And most of that under doo doo brain Martz and no brain Tice.

So how is McCown a winner and Cutler a loser? Doesn't add up to me.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Obviously not St Louis cuz Fisher but how bout Vince Young get a call. I'd take him over Palmer, G. Smith, Schaub and Mccowan I'd take him over rg3. Vince Young should be in the NFL. He is better than at least 7 or 8 starting now.

Parlayplayer

That's his record as a backup. Backup= getting thrown into games abruptly with a limited play book. Years ago u put a back up in and alls he can do is hand the ball off and throw picks, with the exception of few!i don't know mccowns entire nfl career but he seems to be in his prime now and is working that offense better then jay. Cutler has proven to be weak and injury prone late in season and in the elements when it counts. Washington game jay goes down and mccown nearly ties the game with seconds on the clock. The min loss was all the def and coaches fault! It doesn't sound like it, but I like cutler to be honest! I'm a huge bear fan and don't see the value in cutler if he can't finish a season. Denver got rid of him for orton. That says something if u ask me. In a contract year cutler has done nothing to earn a big long term contract. I just think mccown has a passion for the game and it shows. Without cutler that team would rally around him and play great football. Lastly u got the NFC championship game where it was snowing. Cutler goes down hanie comes in and almost pulls off the comeback! Jay sucked in the elements and this is Chicago!not to mention we were like 7-1 last year going into nov and we lose like 6 of 8 or so, all bad weather games!

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

McCown nice backup in the right system

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Parlayplayer View Post
    That's his record as a backup. Backup= getting thrown into games abruptly with a limited play book. Years ago u put a back up in and alls he can do is hand the ball off and throw picks, with the exception of few!i don't know mccowns entire nfl career but he seems to be in his prime now and is working that offense better then jay. Cutler has proven to be weak and injury prone late in season and in the elements when it counts. Washington game jay goes down and mccown nearly ties the game with seconds on the clock. The min loss was all the def and coaches fault! It doesn't sound like it, but I like cutler to be honest! I'm a huge bear fan and don't see the value in cutler if he can't finish a season. Denver got rid of him for orton. That says something if u ask me. In a contract year cutler has done nothing to earn a big long term contract. I just think mccown has a passion for the game and it shows. Without cutler that team would rally around him and play great football. Lastly u got the NFC championship game where it was snowing. Cutler goes down hanie comes in and almost pulls off the comeback! Jay sucked in the elements and this is Chicago!not to mention we were like 7-1 last year going into nov and we lose like 6 of 8 or so, all bad weather games!
    No sir. That's his record as a starter. In any case, there is no actual controversy. Cutler is the starter when healthy.

Mr. Green
    Mr. Green's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4048

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    Product of the system and a bad ass receiving core.
    This^^^ McCown would get killed in any other system...wouldn't last the season.

Plus, Johnny Football will never make it in the NFL. Won't even be drafted in the 1st Round

Bridgewater has potential

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

The Bears should keep the two QB's draft line help early (address other issues) in second and third round, snag Chicago home town here Jordan Lynch in the mid rounds.
    Figure you can get Lynch fourth or fifth round, from where I sit, there are no Montana's or Elway's in this draft, there are a handful of very good college QB's that could have productive careers, but no sure fire 'can't misses'

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The Bears should keep the two QB's draft line help early (address other issues) in second and third round, snag Chicago home town here Jordan Lynch in the mid rounds.
    Figure you can get Lynch fourth or fifth round, from where I sit, there are no Montana's or Elway's in this draft, there are a handful of very good college QB's that could have productive careers, but no sure fire 'can't misses'
    Lynch is not a Trestman QB. No.

When you say line help, I hope you mean defensive line. Bears D relies on that big DT and the Bears D was in trouble when Melton got hurt and I doubt he comes back. Louis Nix from ND would be a good pick.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Lynch is not a Trestman QB. No.

When you say line help, I hope you mean defensive line. Bears D relies on that big DT and the Bears D was in trouble when Melton got hurt and I doubt he comes back. Louis Nix from ND would be a good pick.
    Yes, D-line help, and yes again, Nix is a perfect fit.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Op hit a strong line?

DAVEYCROCKET
    DAVEYCROCKET's Avatar Become A Pro!

get mccown

Parlayplayer

D2bets i meant a backup being thrown into a starting role! Guy was never a starter for a full season. There's a big difference when u take on the role of a starter as a backup then being named the starter at the beginning of the season and taking first string reps all year in practice and ore season ect.
    Last edited by Parlayplayer; 12-12-13 at 09:49 AM.

First 12