wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

fantastic WRITE UP about how books are baiting, chasing Seattle money today.

WRITE UP IS NOT MINE.

wow! Did you see what the Seahawks did to the Saints on Monday Night Football?! So did everyone else and we’re always quick to point out that the worst time to step in on a team is after a game like that. A win here by the 11-1 Seahawks just formalizes that they will be hosting the NFC Championship after beating whatever wildcard dregs bubble up in round two. A loss here wouldn't change that much since the Seahawks still would have a two game lead over the 49ers but that’s not to say that Seattle won’t be motivated. However, the Seachickens are just a little too high for our liking. Every sportscast, every NFL preview show, every sports talk radio show has been raving all week about how this Seattle team can’t be beat. Make no mistake - these Seahawks are a great team in all facets and in games that they win by smaller margins are usually because they know they don't have to try too hard to win. It would come as no surprise to see a lesser effort here from Seattle after they have already destroyed the 49ers once this year and after that highly charged up win over the Saints on Monday.
    Besides, the 49ers are no pushovers and they absolutely have something to prove here. This is a team with outstanding defense that has allowed just 52 points against over the past four games against Carolina, New Orleans, Washington and St. Louis. The 49ers are one of the best pass defenses in the league and have only allowed three touchdowns by a quarterback in the last five home games almost with marginal yardage in most cases. Russell Wilson will have to throw more than eight completions this time and even then he threw 19 times for those eight catches (Wilson passed for only 142 yards and one score on his eight completions in the first meeting). Colin Kaepernick was supposed to have a big year but that’s not been the case at all. Frankly, the entire 49ers team has been inconsistent and it’s no secret that the 49ers have not defeated a playoff team yet this year while losing to every team that is likely going to the playoffs (Indy, Seattle, Carolina and New Orleans). Now they’re spotting spots to the best team in the NFL? The oddsmakers didn’t error here. They are very aware that this late Sunday afternoon game is going to attract a ton of action. The oddmakers also know they could have made this game a pick-em and not swayed a single wager. They’re gambling that the 49ers are going to play their best game in two years and/or the Seahawks will not be great on Sunday. Indeed the Seahawks have appeal taking back points but if the better team won every time out we’d all be rich. When the oddsmakers make a statement, like they are here, you would be wise to listen. That statement says to lay the points because they are begging you to take them.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Same as books wanting you to pound the chiefs today.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    This

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I could create a fantastic write up arguing the other side.

All that bullshit goes out the window in this rivalry.

I've learned nothing from reading that

Im on Seattle

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I could create a fantastic write up arguing the other side.

All that bullshit goes out the window in this rivalry.

I've learned nothing from reading that

Im on Seattle
    yah. game gets decided on the field. I'm not touching the game but just some food for thought.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I just think Kaep is a sitting duck tonight. Everyone knows he can't beat them with his arm so he'll get pressure all night and won't be able to move around IMO. Seattle on the road worries me historically, as does the rivalry

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

SF for me

Home and playing real well

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Not really. Opened -3, moved to -3.5, clear sign the other way around.

Jets -2.5, hits 3, game over, public in love with a road dog again

Phi -3, gets off the 3, game over for philly
    tb -2.5 , hits 3, game over
    cin -5, hits 7, game over

blah blah blah

books give you winners why even handicap

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

everyone on sbr on niners, so books need to get the money even

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

that all well and good except for there a ton more money on sf

Becel
    Becel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Hawks will likely roll here. They are legit.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    that all well and good except for there a ton more money on sf
    there aren't many times i disagree with you but this is one.

"joe public" gotta be pounding shit out of Seattle

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    there aren't many times i disagree with you but this is one.

"joe public" gotta be pounding shit out of Seattle
    not really..look at the forums all around..there several ppl i respect on sf and i leaned that way but there a ton of the typical avg super square lames all over sf as well..

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    not really..look at the forums all around..there several ppl i respect on sf and i leaned that way but there a ton of the typical avg super square lames all over sf as well..
    personally, I just think this a bad game to try and make money on, period.

2daBank

I agree. Sf was a really strong lean for me at 1st of week and the setup was perfect but as I got into capping it more it just made sense to pass,.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

im on the niners big, but whoever things the books were begging for sea money is dead wrong imo...

hanging 2.5 all week at the sharp shops is an indicator that books want money on SF. whether that means they need SF money to balance sharp money on Sea, or they know Sea is gonna win (books have crystal balls).....whats the difference between PK and +2.5? virtually nothing...

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
    whats the difference between PK and +2.5? virtually nothing...
    8% of games decided by 1 or 2
    15% decided by 3
    interesting site: http://www.marasoft.com/nfl-margin-victory.php
    Points Awarded:

Tommy Karate gave face 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should have been a huge red flag for Niners backers that the number never went back to -3 before kickoff... Not a guarantee, but that's typically a bad sign for anyone wanting to back SF here.

Now 14-9 Seahawks and the Niners are really struggling to slow Seattle down. If SF is going to win this, it will have to be power vs power. Their defense is not going to get the job done for them today.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Should have been a huge red flag for Niners backers that the number never went back to -3 before kickoff... Not a guarantee, but that's typically a bad sign for anyone wanting to back SF here.

Now 14-9 Seahawks and the Niners are really struggling to slow Seattle down. If SF is going to win this, it will have to be power vs power. Their defense is not going to get the job done for them today.
    i cant tell you how many times ive bought into that (take the dog +2.5 angle)...
    im not buying into it as anything relevant unless there are some long term #'s to back it up....perhaps i would say that its 53-55% if you're always getting 3.5 when the sharper books have 2.5.

agree on SF....this one has 2 point win written all over it..

wagerjunkie

games like this too tough to try and pad the roll. better off just sitting back, relax and enjoy.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by Black_QB's suck View Post
    So the book wanted us to "pound the chiefs" today? I assume that means they want us to bet the chiefs. Why would the books want that when they usually would know the fixes or the results ahead of time. And on this game, obviously was not even close so why would books want betters to bet the chiefs today?
    Books wanted the "faux" sharps to pound the Skins.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

ahhh....way to go kaperknocker

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post

hopefully you backed up all this with some actual money on the hawks. read between the lines perfectly....

suicidekings
    Update your status

i cant tell you how many times ive bought into that (take the dog +2.5 angle)...
    im not buying into it as anything relevant unless there are some long term #'s to back it up....perhaps i would say that its 53-55% if you're always getting 3.5 when the sharper books have 2.5.

agree on SF....this one has 2 point win written all over it..
    Push probability tables are based on the results of thousands of games. +2.5 is not worthless.

Big run from SF, and Seattle backers might well be wishing they had that +2.5 in a few minutes. I know I wish I did...

suicidekings
    Update your status

hopefully you backed up all this with some actual money on the hawks. read between the lines perfectly....
    Teased up to +8.5, and played the ML, unfortunately. However it was a live line at +216, so I can't feel too bad if it fails to cash.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

this is sick...what a tease this may end up being

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

cant complain - i guess harbaugh played that right.

i typically take the ML when i go heavy on a spread thats 3 or less....paid the price this time. just brutal..

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Books gonna get buried with heavy action on SF -2.5 and Sea ML.
    Last edited by byronbb; 12-08-13 at 06:32 PM. Reason: mistake

wagerjunkie

BUBBA VENTRONE. damn that dude was Fkn flyyyyyyyyyingggg down on that kick off holy shit